2017 Arizona Wildcats Football Team.

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

ramcat

Re: 2017 Arizona Wildcats Football Team.

Post by ramcat »

http://www.espn.com/blog/pac12/post/_/i ... c-12-south" target="_blank

Didn't realize the turnover on offense and defense for Utah. New offensive scheme as well, leads me to think that catching them early, makes that a good possibility for a conference win.

Colorado apparently got raided by Oregon as well, on the coaching front.
MrMeow

Post by MrMeow »

Merkin wrote:Fine, JJ Taylor is going to be a 5'5" version of Kadeem Carey. Happy now? 5'5" running backs do really well in Power 5 conferences.
If at first you don't succeed (glass) try another route (5'5").
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

MrMeow wrote:
Merkin wrote:Fine, JJ Taylor is going to be a 5'5" version of Kadeem Carey. Happy now? 5'5" running backs do really well in Power 5 conferences.
Am I wrong? Is he not 5'5"? Or am I wrong where 5'5" RBs historically do not do well in BCS football?

Didn't realize JJ was related to so many posters on this board.

If JJ goes uninjured in 2017/8 I will gladly eat my words.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

Merkin wrote:
MrMeow wrote:
Am I wrong? Is he not 5'5"? Or am I wrong where 5'5" RBs historically do not do well in BCS football?

I love JJ. He is a great kid, has a great family, and was coached very well in HS. However, I know that his durability will always be in question primarily because of his size and secondarily a porous offensive line and scheme. I'm looking forward to seeing him on the field this season.
MrMeow

Post by MrMeow »

Merkin wrote:
MrMeow wrote:

Am I wrong? Changing approaches because you got called on the original?
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

MrMeow wrote:
Merkin wrote:
MrMeow wrote:

5'5" RBs in Div I ball are not durable. Not being durable = glass.

Am I wrong?

Anyway, done talking about it. Going to hang back on the lower boards.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Calm down Sid, Merk can have an opinion and he is supportive of all that is UofA athletically. He meant no harm
Last edited by azcat49 on Wed Mar 01, 2017 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
MrMeow

Post by MrMeow »

Merkin wrote:
MrMeow wrote:
Merkin wrote:
MrMeow wrote:

Am I wrong?

You were busted, that's all. Buh bye.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

Merkin wrote:
MrMeow wrote:
Merkin wrote:
MrMeow wrote:

Am I wrong?

Historically not. Hell, Wilson is glass and he has decent size.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Chicat wrote:
chiefzona wrote:
azcat49 wrote:Will Chief ever explain why he has such a disdain for RR? We are not making progress and there have been multiple errors in recruiting but he has had 4 out of 5 decent years. He very well may fail and I am not sure any of us (except Cordero) will shed a tear but still it would be interesting to hear his inside reasons about a guy who was one quarter from playing for a ship, has played in multiple big 5 bowl games, coached at Michigan and offered Bama and has won our only South crown (understanding Stoops would have won one as well if he had this format) being a garbage coach

One day I will. BTW....there are many who have disdain for him but have to keep quiet. You'll hear about when he's gone.
You've fashioned yourself as a brave truth-teller who doesn't sugarcoat anything and isn't afraid to tell people the facts they don't want to hear. So why isn't that day today?
You gonna let us in on the big secret Chief?
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

Chicat wrote:
Chicat wrote:
chiefzona wrote:
azcat49 wrote:Will Chief ever explain why he has such a disdain for RR? We are not making progress and there have been multiple errors in recruiting but he has had 4 out of 5 decent years. He very well may fail and I am not sure any of us (except Cordero) will shed a tear but still it would be interesting to hear his inside reasons about a guy who was one quarter from playing for a ship, has played in multiple big 5 bowl games, coached at Michigan and offered Bama and has won our only South crown (understanding Stoops would have won one as well if he had this format) being a garbage coach

One day I will. BTW....there are many who have disdain for him but have to keep quiet. You'll hear about when he's gone.
You've fashioned yourself as a brave truth-teller who doesn't sugarcoat anything and isn't afraid to tell people the facts they don't want to hear. So why isn't that day today?
It isn't much of a secret. You have to situate yourself in the right circles. Listen to the feathers blowing in the wind. See the trees bend. Watch the storm resonate through out the valley. Many secrets become voices in the wind, through the storm, and in the valley.
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

Sid wrote:
Merkin wrote:LA schools record is 1-9, not that it makes that much of a difference.

We are all hoping RichRod does better, but not to many of us expect too. You can't lose your top passing QB, your 5 top LBs, your 2 ST starters, your best WRs, your 2 RBs are glass, and so on and expect a better season with no major impact players coming in. Lots of good buzz about Tilford, but he is only one guy.
JJ is glass? Don't know many backs that can have a elephant sized human slam down on a ankle (after the whistle) and not suffer a serious injury....
And your point is??? JJ is going to get slammed down by a boatload of elephant sized humans (Every school in the PAC12 has them...except AZ) every time he takes the field in the PAC12. If he can't physically handle that his career is going to be quite short.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

dmjcat wrote:
Sid wrote:
Merkin wrote:LA schools record is 1-9, not that it makes that much of a difference.

We are all hoping RichRod does better, but not to many of us expect too. You can't lose your top passing QB, your 5 top LBs, your 2 ST starters, your best WRs, your 2 RBs are glass, and so on and expect a better season with no major impact players coming in. Lots of good buzz about Tilford, but he is only one guy.
JJ is glass? Don't know many backs that can have a elephant sized human slam down on a ankle (after the whistle) and not suffer a serious injury....
And your point is??? JJ is going to get slammed down by a boatload of elephant sized humans (Every school in the PAC12 has them...except AZ) every time he takes the field in the PAC12. If he can't physically handle that his career is going to be quite short.
He who has bigger elephants on his side lives to fight another day.

-Chief on the Battle of Carthage
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

chiefzona wrote:
Chicat wrote:
Chicat wrote:
chiefzona wrote:

It isn't much of a secret. You have to situate yourself in the right circles. Listen to the feathers blowing in the wind. See the trees bend. Watch the storm resonate through out the valley. Many secrets become voices in the wind, through the storm, and in the valley.
So your self-anointed reputation of being the only person willing to tell the truth about this program and coach is a bunch of bullshit. Thank you.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

[quote

One day I will. BTW....there are many who have disdain for him but have to keep quiet. You'll hear about when he's gone.[/quote]

You've fashioned yourself as a brave truth-teller who doesn't sugarcoat anything and isn't afraid to tell people the facts they don't want to hear. So why isn't that day today?[/quote]

You gonna let us in on the big secret Chief?[/quote]

It isn't much of a secret. You have to situate yourself in the right circles. Listen to the feathers blowing in the wind. See the trees bend. Watch the storm resonate through out the valley. Many secrets become voices in the wind, through the storm, and in the valley.[/quote]

So your self-anointed reputation of being the only person willing to tell the truth about this program and coach is a bunch of bullshit. Thank you.[/quote]

Is that how it works? Awesome and you're welcome. I think it doesn't take a genius to look at the chips that have fallen over the last two years to figure out that there are internal problems within Richard's program. :lol:
tgrumpy2

Post by tgrumpy2 »

ramcat wrote:http://www.espn.com/blog/pac12/post/_/i ... c-12-south

Didn't realize the turnover on offense and defense for Utah. New offensive scheme as well, leads me to think that catching them early, makes that a good possibility for a conference win.

I'm surprised that Chief who knows everything didn't tell us this but that may have led to something positive being said about Arizona. Anyway, let me take some of Chief's thunder and say I knew about this and its why I've felt Arizona can win seven games this year. We may not, heck, we may only win 3 games again but if we win our first three non conference games, Colorado and Utah and Cal are all beatable teams. Throw in a win against ASU another beatable team and you have 7 wins. If we really got lucky we might even get 8. I think the key for us is going to be staying injury free. I almost forgot that Oregon state is another beatable team
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

chiefzona wrote:Is that how it works? Awesome and you're welcome. I think it doesn't take a genius to look at the chips that have fallen over the last two years to figure out that there are internal problems within Richard's program. :lol:
So you're scared to say it clearly and put your name to something definitive? I'd like to say I'm shocked, but...
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

Chicat wrote:
chiefzona wrote:Is that how it works? Awesome and you're welcome. I think it doesn't take a genius to look at the chips that have fallen over the last two years to figure out that there are internal problems within Richard's program. :lol:
So you're scared to say it clearly and put your name to something definitive? I'd like to say I'm shocked, but...

There are some things that involve current players so that is not something that I will discuss. Others are on recruiting and there are conflicts of interest there. One thing I can say definitively is that he wasn't completely telling the truth about his South Carolina experience. Other things are on what he has promised to recruits and then lied about, but in his defense, there are quite a few coaches who do this. Some things on play calling, in game coaching responsibilities but my all time favorite are with injuries. So, stay shocked and maybe someday I'll write a book once I get out of the game.

Love,

Chief
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

tgrumpy2 wrote:

I'm surprised that Chief who knows everything didn't tell us this but that may have led to something positive being said about Arizona. Anyway, let me take some of Chief's thunder and say I knew about this and its why I've felt Arizona can win seven games this year. We may not, heck, we may only win 3 games again but if we win our first three non conference games, Colorado and Utah and Cal are all beatable teams. Throw in a win against ASU another beatable team and you have 7 wins. If we really got lucky we might even get 8. I think the key for us is going to be staying injury free. I almost forgot that Oregon state is another beatable team
Oh, I'm just a poster who knows nothing. I read that the other day and I was laughing a little. Some of the early pac 12 blogs lack research because they come WAY too early. Just remember that Utah had a lot of coaching changes last offseason and it only seemed to strengthen them while many said it was a possible Achilles Heel. I haven't even begun to look into the PAC 12 yet....I have too many things on my plate and it's too early.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

chiefzona wrote:
Chicat wrote:

There are some things that involve current players so that is not something that I will discuss. Others are on recruiting and there are conflicts of interest there. One thing I can say definitively is that he wasn't completely telling the truth about his South Carolina experience. Other things are on what he has promised to recruits and then lied about, but in his defense, there are quite a few coaches who do this. Some things on play calling, in game coaching responsibilities but my all time favorite are with injuries. So, stay shocked and maybe someday I'll write a book once I get out of the game.

Love,

Chief
So vague for a guy who labels himself as the only one unafraid to tell the unvarnished truth. At least we can dispense with that myth now.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

Chicat wrote:
chiefzona wrote:
Chicat wrote:

Love,

Chief
So vague for a guy who labels himself as the only one unafraid to tell the unvarnished truth. At least we can dispense with that myth now.
You can dispense whatever you'd like if it helps you buy a ticket as well as sleep at night. :lol:
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

I sleep fine. It's easy when you know you're not full of shit on the internet. Try it some time.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

Chicat wrote:I sleep fine. It's easy when you know you're not full of shit on the internet. Try it some time.

I try it all the time. It drives the pundits crazy because they don't have insiders and have to rely on sitting on Twitter for news. It's like watching a comedy show. I love getting DMs and asked info to help with a story. See, they get paid and their payment hinges on you paying or clicking. If they told the truth, You all would lose interest and stop paying and they would become irrelevant. So, I am actually toning it down and trying to stay away from the program but I get pulled back like a Marlin with shiny bait. My new entertainment is reading stories about RR's new fascination with Texas and how this new coach has Houston and Texas ties. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: What a shit show....however, I digress.
ramcat

Post by ramcat »

chiefzona wrote:
Chicat wrote:I sleep fine. It's easy when you know you're not full of shit on the internet. Try it some time.

I try it all the time. It drives the pundits crazy because they don't have insiders and have to rely on sitting on Twitter for news. It's like watching a comedy show. I love getting DMs and asked info to help with a story. See, they get paid and their payment hinges on you paying or clicking. If they told the truth, You all would lose interest and stop paying and they would become irrelevant. So, I am actually toning it down and trying to stay away from the program but I get pulled back like a Marlin with shiny bait. My new entertainment is reading stories about RR's new fascination with Texas and how this new coach has Houston and Texas ties. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: What a shit show....however, I digress.
Not sure I'd agree that Texas interest is all that new. Certainly, Yates has some strong ties there and although not much has developed yet, they were starting to hit the area last year, well before the addition of the new coach. Now that Williams, who was big in Cali, has fled, seems natural to hit another very fertile area that both Yates and Aych have ties to. JMHO.

http://tucson.com/sports/arizonawildcat ... f3de6.html" target="_blank

http://247sports.com/Coach/Marcel-Yates ... meRecruits" target="_blank Some of Yates biggest recruiting gets came out of Texas.
tgrumpy2

Post by tgrumpy2 »

chiefzona wrote:
tgrumpy2 wrote:

Oh, I'm just a poster who knows nothing. I read that the other day and I was laughing a little. Some of the early pac 12 blogs lack research because they come WAY too early. Just remember that Utah had a lot of coaching changes last offseason and it only seemed to strengthen them while many said it was a possible Achilles Heel. I haven't even begun to look into the PAC 12 yet....I have too many things on my plate and it's too early.

Chief its not that I think you know nothing. That's not the case. But you go to such great lengths to tell us you know everything. it gets old. Its obvious you hate everything RichRod and now I'm assuming and maybe wrongly that you're going to hate everything Heeke as well. You call people that try to keep a positive outlook "sunshine pumpers". There's not a one of us that comes here that doesn't understand Arizona has some real issues in its football program. But you and I have no control over who they hire or retain as coaches or athletic directors. We have two choices. We can try to keep some sort of positive outlook and at least hope for the best or we can become insufferable trolls like you. I don't take issues with cordera because he at least keeps a positive outlook but I swear you're cordera's slap happy negative equivalent. I think science should try to blend the two of you and you two could average each other out. I think the two of you would make a wonderful human being.
cordera89

Post by cordera89 »

tgrumpy2 wrote:
chiefzona wrote:
tgrumpy2 wrote:

Chief its not that I think you know nothing. That's not the case. But you go to such great lengths to tell us you know everything. it gets old. Its obvious you hate everything RichRod and now I'm assuming and maybe wrongly that you're going to hate everything Heeke as well. You call people that try to keep a positive outlook "sunshine pumpers". There's not a one of us that comes here that doesn't understand Arizona has some real issues in its football program. But you and I have no control over who they hire or retain as coaches or athletic directors. We have two choices. We can try to keep some sort of positive outlook and at least hope for the best or we can become insufferable trolls like you. I don't take issues with cordera because he at least keeps a positive outlook but I swear you're cordera's slap happy negative equivalent. I think science should try to blend the two of you and you two could average each other out. I think the two of you would make a wonderful human being.
Mention me is one thing but never compare me to chief.
Last edited by cordera89 on Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

:lol:
Gladiator Cat

Post by Gladiator Cat »

This crazy fascination with Chief is both comical and twisted. Chief isn't going to effect one damn thing that has to do with the programs direction no matter how much he hate's Rich Rod.

Chief is just another goofball with an opinion just like the rest of us.

As for the 2017 team this bloviating goofball (Me) see's basically much of the same problems as last year but with an even younger talent base to play with.

I'll address the RB position and predict right now that our offensive troubles will resonate from that position early into the season. We effectively on paper have four RB's which sounds good. But past trends leave us with some degree of future projections.

Wilson, JJ Taylor, Zack Green and the newcomer Tilford.

Green: I think we can say with a high degree of conviction that green will never play a big role in his career here and is simply a spot player and the last option to play every time. Basically a non-factor in any formidable running attack.

Wilson: Is for all practical purposes is a broken player and at the end of his career. I doubt that Nick Wilson will be our every down RB by mid-season. His body is just no-longer up to the task in this violent game. No fault to Nick because hes a warrior and his style of play dictates his multiple injury situation.

JJ Taylor: Is by any measure a super star talent and special in every way. A generational cat quick player with god given talent few have ever seen. But JJ is not an every down RB. He is a spot, situational type player that will asked again to do too much and this will likely lead to further injury issues over the long season.

Tilford: Simply put, no matter how big and physical he seems now, he will still be a true freshman. Do not in any way expect Tilford to carry the load. Its not going to happen. He'll be ok in spot duty but extended playing time will take its toll on the new kid.

I know it sounds gloomy, but that's the way I see it. By mid-season I expect the injury issues at RB to again add to our offensive woes. This is not even taking into count the QB injuries that will surely come from the read/option QB running scheme we play.

I expect more of the same as we deal with a young team that still has vast lack of talent issues and lack of depth short comings to deal with.
tgrumpy2

Post by tgrumpy2 »

cordera89 wrote:
tgrumpy2 wrote:
chiefzona wrote:
tgrumpy2 wrote:

You're absolutely right. My apologies.
Woodcat

Post by Woodcat »

Don't forget RB Gary Brightwell, the guy who flipped late from Temple to UA.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Gladiator Cat wrote: Tilford: Simply put, no matter how big and physical he seems now, he will still be a true freshman.
Good point, can't remember any true freshman RBs who could pass protect block worth a lick.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

They interviewed a candidate for the ST job today.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Merkin wrote:
Gladiator Cat wrote: Tilford: Simply put, no matter how big and physical he seems now, he will still be a true freshman.
Good point, can't remember any true freshman RBs who could pass protect block worth a lick.
I thought Kadeem was pretty good....when Stupid used him
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
Sid

Post by Sid »

dmjcat wrote:
Sid wrote:

My point? Ahhhhh, ok....you should've been swallowed. How's that?

Edit* A fellow alum coworker showed me Matty Moreno's twitter vid last week of JJ. Ankle looks solid, but poor #46 got the shitty assignment of trying to cover JJ in space. Wow!

Hopefully someone can post that here, it's glorious......
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

cordera89 wrote:
tgrumpy2 wrote:
chiefzona wrote:
tgrumpy2 wrote:

You 2 are the dogmatic antithesis of each other, Fact.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

Gladiator Cat wrote:This crazy fascination with Chief is both comical and twisted. Chief isn't going to effect one damn thing that has to do with the programs direction no matter how much he hate's Rich Rod.

Chief is just another goofball with an opinion just like the rest of us.

As for the 2017 team this bloviating goofball (Me) see's basically much of the same problems as last year but with an even younger talent base to play with.

I'll address the RB position and predict right now that our offensive troubles will resonate from that position early into the season. We effectively on paper have four RB's which sounds good. But past trends leave us with some degree of future projections.

Wilson, JJ Taylor, Zack Green and the newcomer Tilford.

Green: I think we can say with a high degree of conviction that green will never play a big role in his career here and is simply a spot player and the last option to play every time. Basically a non-factor in any formidable running attack.

Wilson: Is for all practical purposes is a broken player and at the end of his career. I doubt that Nick Wilson will be our every down RB by mid-season. His body is just no-longer up to the task in this violent game. No fault to Nick because hes a warrior and his style of play dictates his multiple injury situation.

JJ Taylor: Is by any measure a super star talent and special in every way. A generational cat quick player with god given talent few have ever seen. But JJ is not an every down RB. He is a spot, situational type player that will asked again to do too much and this will likely lead to further injury issues over the long season.

Tilford: Simply put, no matter how big and physical he seems now, he will still be a true freshman. Do not in any way expect Tilford to carry the load. Its not going to happen. He'll be ok in spot duty but extended playing time will take its toll on the new kid.

I know it sounds gloomy, but that's the way I see it. By mid-season I expect the injury issues at RB to again add to our offensive woes. This is not even taking into count the QB injuries that will surely come from the read/option QB running scheme we play.

I expect more of the same as we deal with a young team that still has vast lack of talent issues and lack of depth short comings to deal with.
The more and more that I think about it....depending on how quickly Tilford's learning goes.....I think that he will be an integral part and could harness the load.
ramcat

Post by ramcat »

ramcat

Post by ramcat »

chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

Arizona interviewed Brian Knorr yesterday for the ST coaching position. He is currently the Quality/Kicking coach at Ohio State. Good chance he gets the job. You heard it here first.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

chiefzona wrote:Arizona interviewed Brian Knorr yesterday for the ST coaching position. He is currently the Quality/Kicking coach at Ohio State. Good chance he gets the job. You heard it here first.
Your horn sure makes a cute little toot toot sound
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

I'm somewhat impressed. Hopefully, he takes the job. Could get an announcement tomorrow.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

chiefzona wrote:Arizona interviewed Brian Knorr yesterday for the ST coaching position. He is currently the Quality/Kicking coach at Ohio State. Good chance he gets the job. You heard it here first.
Impressive resume.

http://www.ohiostatebuckeyes.com/sports ... 30181.html" target="_blank

Brian Knorr joined the Ohio State coaching staff in June 2016 after serving two seasons as the defensive coordinator at the University of Indiana.

Knorr brings with him 25 years of coaching experience, including four as the head coach at Ohio University (2001-2004) after serving as the inside linebackers coach and defensive coordinator for the Bobcats for six years (1995-2000). Knorr was the first Air Force Academy graduate to be named head football coach at the Division I level.

Along the way he coached two stints at his alma mater, Air Force (1992-1994, 2005-2007), while also making a stop at Wake Forest (2008-2013).

Knorr played quarterback at the Air Force Academy from 1982 through 1985. Upon graduation he served in the Air Force at the Wright-Patterson Air Force Base in Dayton, Ohio, while also earning his master’s in business administration from the University of Dayton. After completing his service he returned to Air Force in 1992 and began his coaching career as the assistant offensive line coach and the junior varsity head coach.
MrMeow

Post by MrMeow »

chiefzona wrote:I'm somewhat impressed. Hopefully, he takes the job. Could get an announcement tomorrow.
Okay Carnac, what's the reason this man who impresses you so much would leave the great Ohio State Buckeyes for the lowly Arizona Wildcats headed by the despicable, on his way out, RichRod? Your time to shine.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

MrMeow wrote:
chiefzona wrote:I'm somewhat impressed. Hopefully, he takes the job. Could get an announcement tomorrow.
Okay Carnac, what's the reason this man who impresses you so much would leave the great Ohio State Buckeyes for the lowly Arizona Wildcats headed by the despicable, on his way out, RichRod? Your time to shine.
Chief can speak for himself, but Knorr wasn't one of the 9 coaches at tOSU, he was in quality control.

Just guessing he wants to get back on the field.
MrMeow

Post by MrMeow »

Merkin wrote:
MrMeow wrote:
Chief can speak for himself, but Knorr wasn't one of the 9 coaches at tOSU, he was in quality control.

This may be a silly question, but what is "quality control" on a football team? The quality of what?
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

MrMeow wrote:
Merkin wrote:
MrMeow wrote:

This may be a silly question, but what is "quality control" on a football team? The quality of what?

Had to look it up:

http://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-stat ... ty-control" target="_blank

A quality control member researches and analyzes anything from trends in the game to things that could potentially go awry if not accounted for come game day.

Basically, they are there to do grunt work so the nine assistant coaches have more time to scheme and plan for their next game. However, they cannot physically go on the field and coach.

"You're a guy that checks for potential landmines for things that might go wrong. You help get stuff where it needs to get," Rutgers special teams coordinator and former Ohio State quality control coach Vince Okruch told nj.com in January. "Urban said, 'I'd like to try this,' so we did and it worked out great.

"Some places have like 8, 10, 12 guys that do this. Its goal is to assist the full-time coaches and allow them to have more time to be creative in their game-planning and it also allows them to spend more time with the players."
MrMeow

Post by MrMeow »

Merkin wrote:
MrMeow wrote:
Merkin wrote:
MrMeow wrote:

Had to look it up:

A quality control member researches and analyzes anything from trends in the game to things that could potentially go awry if not accounted for come game day.

Basically, they are there to do grunt work so the nine assistant coaches have more time to scheme and plan for their next game. However, they cannot physically go on the field and coach.

"You're a guy that checks for potential landmines for things that might go wrong. You help get stuff where it needs to get," Rutgers special teams coordinator and former Ohio State quality control coach Vince Okruch told nj.com in January. "Urban said, 'I'd like to try this,' so we did and it worked out great.

"Some places have like 8, 10, 12 guys that do this. Its goal is to assist the full-time coaches and allow them to have more time to be creative in their game-planning and it also allows them to spend more time with the players."
Thanks. Does Arizona have a quality control staff?
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

MrMeow wrote:

Football knowledge, resume, recruiting, and he got a huge thumbs up from the kickers and punters.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

Okay Carnac, what's the reason this man who impresses you so much would leave the great Ohio State Buckeyes for the lowly Arizona Wildcats headed by the despicable, on his way out, RichRod? Your time to shine.[/quote]

Just guessing he wants to get back on the field.[/quote]

This may be a silly question, but what is "quality control" on a football team? The quality of what?[/quote]

Had to look it up:

[/quote]

Thanks. Does Arizona have a quality control staff?[/quote]

No
ramcat

Post by ramcat »