2017 Arizona Wildcats Football Team.

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Chicat

Re: 2017 Arizona W

Post by Chicat »

azcat49 wrote:Chief runs down those that evaluate recruits. He lobbies for jobs connected to that. He lobbies for jobs dealing with recruiting. He says everything is bad within the program and runs down anything associated with it. Now he runs down the AD hire.
It's very hard to take anyone seriously when their only mode is complete and total negativity. I do think it's funny though that Chief went from "Yikes" to "he's been meh at hiring football coaches". Obviously unfounded alarmism will get you nowhere with an educated audience.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

azcat49 wrote:Chief runs down those that evaluate recruits. He lobbies for jobs connected to that. He lobbies for jobs dealing with recruiting. He says everything is bad within the program and runs down anything associated with it. Now he runs down the AD hire.

PROGRAM CANCER AND GIGANTIC POS

Interesting post. Who have I run down? I lobby for jobs? I make jokes on Twitter about them. I have two jobs which are plenty enough for me. I run down anything associated with the program? On Twitter and here? Lol. I think I tell it how I feel it. I get tired of the ones who get paid to report on the football program and they are afraid to say anything negative. It's just the same old song and dance over and over.Im starting to notice that in this day and age, you aren't allowed to have your own opinions unless it jives with the narrative and/or agenda. I have done things behind the scenes to help the program and I have said things publicly that were negative. That's life. That's me. If you think that is a cancer and I'm a POS then so be it. I'll always be who I am. That's who I am true too....myself. Kisses and hugs partner.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

Chicat wrote:
It's very hard to take anyone seriously when their only mode is complete and total negativity. I do think it's funny though that Chief went from "Yikes" to "he's been meh at hiring football coaches". Obviously unfounded alarmism will get you nowhere with an educated audience.

Please don't take me seriously. I'm like the football program....no one takes it seriously anymore.....at least there's basketball, right? Yikes and underwhelming are in the same genre of my vocabulary. I enjoy both immensely. I'm glad you're all educated. I hope you are all educated in the football realm as well. I look forward to reading some good takes this season.
azcat49

Re: 2017 Arizona Wildcats Football Team.

Post by azcat49 »

So much BS, so much self promotion. No one knew much about GB just like no one knows much about the new guy, but you in true form run it down like you could have done better.

You talk about sunshine pumper who just are not as good as you at evaluating the talent brought in. You say you help guide kids to the program but yet it's the coaches fault when they don't want them.

You are around current players and former players spewing your program venom. All of this points to a huge ego driven by self promotion. Only problem is, no one is buying your BS.

The program would benefit by having you far away from it.
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

chiefzona wrote:Please don't take me seriously.
We would if you gave us reason to.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
tgrumpy2

Post by tgrumpy2 »

Chicat wrote:

Chicat try not to get to wound up with chief's bloviating. He tries to tell us how important he is but for all we know he's the janitor at McKale Center. Personally I think he lives in Greg Hanson's basement.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

azcat49 wrote:So much BS, so much self promotion. No one knew much about GB just like no one knows much about the new guy, but you in true form run it down like you could have done better.

You talk about sunshine pumper who just are not as good as you at evaluating the talent brought in. You say you help guide kids to the program but yet it's the coaches fault when they don't want them.

You are around current players and former players spewing your program venom. All of this points to a huge ego driven by self promotion. Only problem is, no one is buying your BS.

I talk about sunshine pumper? What in the hell is that? Sounds cool. There are more guys that I have guided onto the team than those who the coaches who denied them. I don't mix business with emotions. How do you know that I'm around current and former players spouting venom? Sounds like an assumption. Funny how I'm still invited to player functions, involved with their families and friends, and still respected. I do have an ego like most player, coaches, and former players and coaches but it is tempered by getting older and realizing the finer things in life.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

tgrumpy2 wrote:
Chicat wrote:

Chicat try not to get to wound up with chief's bloviating. He tries to tell us how important he is but for all we know he's the janitor at McKale Center. Personally I think he lives in Greg Hanson's basement.

Spot on grumpy. Excellent post.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

chiefzona wrote:
azcat49 wrote:So much BS, so much self promotion. No one knew much about GB just like no one knows much about the new guy, but you in true form run it down like you could have done better.

I talk about sunshine pumper? What in the hell is that? Sounds cool. There are more guys that I have guided onto the team than those who the coaches who denied them. I don't mix business with emotions. How do you know that I'm around current and former players spouting venom? Sounds like an assumption. Funny how I'm still invited to player functions, involved with their families and friends, and still respected. I do have an ego like most player, coaches, and former players and coaches but it is tempered by getting older and realizing the finer things in life.
No you run down those that think or report our recruits are worthy of
Our offers such as Schere and others.

So in essance you are the proverbial wolf in sheep's clothing. You are around them but you only speak negative here and on other media type outlets. Right. You are a cancer and you need to be cut out.

You are the type of guy that brings organizations to its knees. You excel at the tear down verbally but keep a smile on your face and stay close to the organization so you can say I told you so. You find others in agreement and spew your vile and bring down the mood of the team. You dont lift, you tear down
ramcat

Post by ramcat »

Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Finally taking Special Teams seriously after all these years. Stoops never did learn.

I wonder if Joe Rob is still interested?

On the defense being bad:

Yates agreed with it. "It was bad,” he said. Yates expects improvement with more talent and familiarity in Year 2

Didn't they say that last year too? But they did improve from 117th to 115th in Div 1.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

No you run down those that think or report our recruits are worthy of
Our offers such as Schere and others.

So in essance you are the proverbial wolf in sheep's clothing. You are around them but you only speak negative here and on other media type outlets. Right. You are a cancer and you need to be cut out.

You are the type of guy that brings organizations to its knees. You excel at the tear down verbally but keep a smile on your face and stay close to the organization so you can say I told you so. You find others in agreement and spew your vile and bring down the mood of the team. You dont lift, you tear down

Why are you mentioning Scheer? I have zero contact or words with him. I've been off of Scout since November and I don't see what he says about the offers or recruits other than when people copy something he said on Twitter. It's his job to talk all the offers up. He gets paid for it and that's his prerogative. I say things on Twitter and I've taken plenty of heat for it. A lot of stuff I am not at liberty to say but there are consequences. I don't really care because I refuse to change how I perceive things in the football world. I grew up around coaches and successful programs....I see through bullshit and have no Rose colored glasses. I don't bring anything to it's knees. The coaches do that. There is no I told you so or heroism with me calling it out. Everyone can already see it. Plus, it would be my benefit for RR to stay. No one agrees with me. I'm a lone wolf....always have been. I do lift in other words and actions. Some of my words have been passed along and I have actually seen some changes regarding them. Cheer up buttercup.
Gladiator Cat

Post by Gladiator Cat »

Holy smokes, everyone is entitled to their opinion but most of this is way over the top.

The truth is Chief is probably not as good or important as he thinks he is and most of you busting his balls at every turn have stepped off the ledge into hooliganism behavior.

Can we please cool it with the personal attacks and talk football. Unlike most of you I don't give a shit if chief talks about himself while talking about the program in a larger degree. No one gives a shit and the program is a giant turd circling the drain.

Just try to be civil. Everyone has a freaking ego to some degree. Let it go.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

I can't even imagine the emotional damage that would be inflicted on Chiefy if we didn't respond to one of his patented "everything is shit and I should know because I predicted Casteel" hot takes.

I wouldn't feel right about doing that to him. I believe in giving the people what they want.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

He is a troll, to defeat a troll don't respond to him.
2018 Bear Down Wildcats Conference Championship Challenge Champion
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

Someone who points out things that deep inside everyone already knows, yet the local hacks are afraid to say because they don't want to lose favor or team access.....what is a long-winded definition of a modern day troll. :lol:
cordera89

Post by cordera89 »

chiefzona wrote:Someone who points out things that deep inside everyone already knows, yet the local hacks are afraid to say because they don't want to lose favor or team access.....what is a long-winded definition of a modern day troll. :lol:
Like what exactly? that you can say all of the right thing about a coach or they way he leading the program but others cant say anything because they don't want feel to be outcast within a certain group or get kick off a team site just because they don't agree on what being said. Of course everyone knows what going on with this program, it doesn't justified to keep telling the same ole crap that the program has fallen and need a new leader at the helm. RR will get this program back on track if you like it or not.
BibbysTowelDude

Post by BibbysTowelDude »

Ooh Aah New Mexico! ;) 8-)
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

cordera89 wrote:
chiefzona wrote:Someone who points out things that deep inside everyone already knows, yet the local hacks are afraid to say because they don't want to lose favor or team access.....what is a long-winded definition of a modern day troll. :lol:
Like what exactly? that you can say all of the right thing about a coach or they way he leading the program but others cant say anything because they don't want feel to be outcast within a certain group or get kick off a team site just because they don't agree on what being said. Of course everyone knows what going on with this program, it doesn't justified to keep telling the same ole crap that the program has fallen and need a new leader at the helm. RR will get this program back on track if you like it or not.

RR is an awesome coach. He is among the elite and we all should be very happy that he is at Arizona. The team is poised to win 10 games and could win the PAC 12 championship. He is the best recruiter in the PAC 12 and his eye for talent is unrivaled. Beardown!!!!
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

chiefzona wrote:
cordera89 wrote:

RR is an awesome coach. He is among the elite and we all should be very happy that he is at Arizona. The team is poised to win 10 games and could win the PAC 12 championship. He is the best recruiter in the PAC 12 and his eye for talent is unrivaled. Beardown!!!!
By any chance did you give your password to DC4AZCATS????
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

dmjcat wrote:
chiefzona wrote:
cordera89 wrote:

By any chance did you give your password to DC4AZCATS????
Him, HeHateMe, and excatdb. All three have disappeared when they turned into unicorns who fart love and everything Rich Rod.
cordera89

Post by cordera89 »

chiefzona wrote:
cordera89 wrote:

Why don't you stop joking around because I'm not laughing at this. What you be saying to me is, Under him, He hadn't crack top 25 in recruiting, His record against the LA school? 1-11, Record against ASU is 2-3, Record against teams in Top 25? 7-16. Conference Record? 18-26 And suffer his first losing season since his became the coach. Is their anything else I'm missing because this is what most posters and including you will say and Everyone on this board know this because that the reality of what really going on. So stop joking around. man.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

cordera89 wrote:
chiefzona wrote:
cordera89 wrote:

Why don't you stop joking around because I'm not laughing at this. What you be saying to me is, Under him, He hadn't crack top 25 in recruiting, His record against the LA school? 1-11, Record against ASU is 2-3, Record against teams in Top 25? 7-16. Conference Record? 18-26 And suffer his first losing season since his became the coach. Is their anything else I'm missing because this is what most posters and including you will say and Everyone on this board know this because that the reality of what really going on. So stop joking around. man.
Lo siento mucho mi amigo Creo que será mejor que pueda hablar contigo en español. Tal vez entenderías un poco más de lo que estoy tratando de decir. Sé que realmente te gusta Rich, sin embargo él no es tan bueno de un entrenador. ¿Te está pagando?
cordera89

Post by cordera89 »

chiefzona wrote:
cordera89 wrote:
chiefzona wrote:
cordera89 wrote:

Lo siento mucho mi amigo Creo que será mejor que pueda hablar contigo en español. Tal vez entenderías un poco más de lo que estoy tratando de decir. Sé que realmente te gusta Rich, sin embargo él no es tan bueno de un entrenador. ¿Te está pagando?
Now your trying to be stupid.

Translation said (Sorry my friend I think that it will be better that he can speak to you in Spanish. Perhaps would understand a bit more than what I'm trying to of say. I know that really you like Rich, however it not is as good of a coach. Are you paying?)

Dude I don't judge my HC, I want him to do his job on getting the program back on track after a 3-9 season and hope he will turn it around in 2017. That what I choose to believe. Your just basically proving me right because you just ignore what I told you. So try again Chief, I'm not laughing.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

LA schools record is 1-9, not that it makes that much of a difference.

We are all hoping RichRod does better, but not to many of us expect too. You can't lose your top passing QB, your 5 top LBs, your 2 ST starters, your best WRs, your 2 RBs are glass, and so on and expect a better season with no major impact players coming in. Lots of good buzz about Tilford, but he is only one guy.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

Merkin wrote:LA schools record is 1-9, not that it makes that much of a difference.

We are all hoping RichRod does better, but not to many of us expect too. You can't lose your top passing QB, your 5 top LBs, your 2 ST starters, your best WRs, your 2 RBs are glass, and so on and expect a better season with no major impact players coming in. Lots of good buzz about Tilford, but he is only one guy.

Not only that but there is a new sheriff in town. New ADs like to make a mark on the program by stamping their own hire. Heeke will be losing money on the football side as long as RR stays here. That's not something that he can afford. There WILL be a move. So, we are wasting our time talking about RR...IMO. Sure, it's fun but the guy has overstayed his welcome. I think that he was never the same after he fired Casteel....
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

Please show your proof that U of A football is losing money
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Will Chief ever explain why he has such a disdain for RR? We are not making progress and there have been multiple errors in recruiting but he has had 4 out of 5 decent years. He very well may fail and I am not sure any of us (except Cordero) will shed a tear but still it would be interesting to hear his inside reasons about a guy who was one quarter from playing for a ship, has played in multiple big 5 bowl games, coached at Michigan and offered Bama and has won our only South crown (understanding Stoops would have won one as well if he had this format) being a garbage coach
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

UA Football:

Expenses: $20,422,820
Revenue: $23,115,960

So doing OK, but I think the point is they could be making a lot more money.

For example, the UA basketball program has a net profit of over $8M per year.

Look at ASU football:

Expenses: $28,083,384
Revenue: $49,016,140
Sid

Post by Sid »

Merkin wrote:LA schools record is 1-9, not that it makes that much of a difference.

JJ is glass? Don't know many backs that can have a elephant sized human slam down on a ankle (after the whistle) and not suffer a serious injury....
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Sid wrote:

JJ is glass? Don't know many backs that can have a elephant sized human slam down on a ankle (after the whistle) and not suffer a serious injury....
Fair enough, but it has been 5 months and his reps in practice are still limited.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

chiefzona wrote:Looks like Dave Heeke is Arizona's new AD. Yikes.

Looks like a bunch of good people, successful in college coaching and administration is calling this a home run hire.

Hmmmmm, take chiefs analysis or experts in the business that chief labels as sunshine pumpers. I think I will go with those that do this for a living daily.

The reviews look very promising
Last edited by azcat49 on Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tgrumpy2

Post by tgrumpy2 »

Merkin wrote:
Sid wrote:

Fair enough, but it has been 5 months and his reps in practice are still limited.

It took a minimum of 8 weeks for that bone to heal. Two months of that leg doing nothing and he probably lost 80% of the strength in it. For every month that leg was down you can count on two months to bring it back. By that calculation he won't be 100% for another month and that has nothing to do with being glass.
tgrumpy2

Post by tgrumpy2 »

azcat49 wrote:

Looks like a bunch of goodbpeopke, successful in college coaching and administration is calling this a home run hire.

Hmmmmm, take chiefs analysis or experts in the business that chief labels as sunshine pumpers. I think I will go with those that do this for a living daily.

It does look promising azcat but chief has spoken and from here on out anything Heeke does, chief will bad mouth it and tell us all he knew that was going to happen a month ago. oh God I can hardly wait.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

tgrumpy2 wrote:
azcat49 wrote:

Looks like a bunch of goodbpeopke, successful in college coaching and administration is calling this a home run hire.

It does look promising azcat but chief has spoken and from here on out anything Heeke does, chief will bad mouth it and tell us all he knew that was going to happen a month ago. oh God I can hardly wait.
https://twitter.com/ironmikeluke/status ... 8599015424" target="_blank
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Mike Luke is also an idiotic man-child
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

ASUHATER! wrote:Mike Luke is also an idiotic man-child

Because he stated facts? Heeke's last two football hires were a combined 39-49. This is a good thing? So, it's cool to make mediocre hires and get a payday. I sure hope Arizona doesn't fall into this same veil of mediocrity. Oh...wait.....
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

azcat49 wrote:Will Chief ever explain why he has such a disdain for RR? We are not making progress and there have been multiple errors in recruiting but he has had 4 out of 5 decent years. He very well may fail and I am not sure any of us (except Cordero) will shed a tear but still it would be interesting to hear his inside reasons about a guy who was one quarter from playing for a ship, has played in multiple big 5 bowl games, coached at Michigan and offered Bama and has won our only South crown (understanding Stoops would have won one as well if he had this format) being a garbage coach

One day I will. BTW....there are many who have disdain for him but have to keep quiet. You'll hear about when he's gone.
Last edited by chiefzona on Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

azcat49 wrote:

Heeke made 3 HC hires during his course of 11 years there. Their combined record was 66-56. Stellar, I know. That and his fundraising skills here in Tucson are two things that concern me.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

Merkin wrote:UA Football:

Look at ASU football:

You are a smart man, Mr. Merkin.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

chiefzona wrote:

Look at ASU football:

So you lied you troll.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

chiefzona wrote:
azcat49 wrote:Will Chief ever explain why he has such a disdain for RR? We are not making progress and there have been multiple errors in recruiting but he has had 4 out of 5 decent years. He very well may fail and I am not sure any of us (except Cordero) will shed a tear but still it would be interesting to hear his inside reasons about a guy who was one quarter from playing for a ship, has played in multiple big 5 bowl games, coached at Michigan and offered Bama and has won our only South crown (understanding Stoops would have won one as well if he had this format) being a garbage coach

One day I will. BTW....there are many who have disdain for him but have to keep quiet. You'll hear about when he's gone.
That is fair enough. I have heard enough to make me question his leadership so when he us gone I won't be to concerned in the least.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Look at ASU football:

They averaged A similar amount per game attendance wise, how did they squeeze so much more revenue? Is that due to there special tax district they have?
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

azcat49 wrote:

Look at ASU football:

They averaged A similar amount per game attendance wise, how did they squeeze so much more revenue? Is that due to there special tax district they have?
I wonder if it is that or if there are different allocations of ad revenue (they have more signs) and other overhead and student tickets etc.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

I do know there priority seating prices are higher than ours by a considerable amount. Still it is bothersome that they not only killed us in revenue but that they spent 8m more on there program
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

PHXCATS wrote:
chiefzona wrote:

Look at ASU football:

So you lied you troll.
No, your reading comprehension is off.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

chiefzona wrote:

You've fashioned yourself as a brave truth-teller who doesn't sugarcoat anything and isn't afraid to tell people the facts they don't want to hear. So why isn't that day today?
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

azcat49 wrote:

Look at ASU football:

ASU does charge a student fee of $75 per semester per student which goes to the AD. Not sure if that is allocated towards football though.
Sid

Post by Sid »

tgrumpy2 wrote:
Merkin wrote:
Sid wrote:

It took a minimum of 8 weeks for that bone to heal. Two months of that leg doing nothing and he probably lost 80% of the strength in it. For every month that leg was down you can count on two months to bring it back. By that calculation he won't be 100% for another month and that has nothing to do with being glass.
The kid absolutely destroyed the best CA HS football teams and was on his way to becoming a household name outside of Cali as Washington sure as Hell couldn't stop him, but let's call this kid "glass" on a message board?

Why don't you stick your "fair enough" & "glass" comments up your ass Merkin!

Unbelievable.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Fine, JJ Taylor is going to be a 5'5" version of Kadeem Carey. Happy now? 5'5" running backs do really well in Power 5 conferences.