2017 Arizona Wildcats Football Team.

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

chiefzona

Re: 2017 Arizona Wildcats Football Team.

Post by chiefzona »

RR has already stated he is sticking with Dawkins. It's a clown show with Pennywise running the entertainment.
ramcat

Post by ramcat »

Lev reported that RR said that a big part of this week is player evaluations, and that previously RR hands were tied due to Tate injury. Healthy now, as was full participant in practice last couple of days. Just saying...
Think it's probable Dawkins still starts at Boulder, but think the hook will come quickly with unforced or careless turnovers.
MrMeow

Post by MrMeow »

ramcat wrote:Lev reported that RR said that a big part of this week is player evaluations, and that previously RR hands were tied due to Tate injury. Healthy now, as was full participant in practice last couple of days. Just saying...
Think it's probable Dawkins still starts at Boulder, but think the hook will come quickly with unforced or careless turnovers.
why does it have to be a turnover? How about a couple of overthrown passes, or not seeing
a wide open receiver (while locking in on the covered receiver), both of which he is excellent at. Time for a change.
ramcat

Post by ramcat »

ramcat wrote:Where I am on the QB situation.

https://zonazealots.com/2017/09/24/ariz ... alil-tate/" target="_blank
As stated above, I want them to get Tate ready to start.

Just used turn over as most glaring error, that be a reason to bring in Tate, presuming Dawkins starts against Buffs.
Sid

Post by Sid »

Kind of quiet over here, is something going on?
:D

I would like to retract my original statement which I claimed our football "field" was cursed.

Now hoops?

Jesus Christ!

:shock:
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

Sid wrote:Kind of quiet over here, is something going on?
:D

I would like to retract my original statement which I claimed our football "field" was cursed.

Now hoops?

Jesus Christ!

:shock:

The field and court needs to be cleansed with sage and new leaders.
Carcassdragger

Post by Carcassdragger »

Arizona athletics sucks. I'm embarrassed to be an alumni of this university.
2020 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2018 BEARDOWN WILDCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
2017 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2013 GOAZCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
tgrumpy2

Post by tgrumpy2 »

carcassdragger wrote:Arizona athletics sucks. I'm embarrassed to be an alumni of this university.

Oh come on, stop it already. I was embarrassed when Tony Mason was mucking up the program and really embarrassed when Makovic was running the program into the ground and embarrassed when the wheels started falling off Stoop's pony cart. I got over all of those and I'll bet you get over this.
Carcassdragger

Post by Carcassdragger »

tgrumpy2 wrote:
carcassdragger wrote:Arizona athletics sucks. I'm embarrassed to be an alumni of this university.

Oh come on, stop it already. I was embarrassed when Tony Mason was mucking up the program and really embarrassed when Makovic was running the program into the ground and embarrassed when the wheels started falling off Stoop's pony cart. I got over all of those and I'll bet you get over this.

I realize we all have different values. Everything you brought up is about losing records/program. Although our W/L record lately is not something to be proud of, for me, there are much more important issues than winning or losing. My mother, father, brother, and myself are all alumni and the present situation is a complete embarrassment to this university and to us. Sick to my stomach.
tgrumpy2

Post by tgrumpy2 »

carcassdragger wrote:
tgrumpy2 wrote:

I realize we all have different values. Everything you brought up is about losing records/program. Although our W/L record lately is not something to be proud of, for me, there are much more important issues than winning or losing. My mother, father, brother, and myself are all alumni and the present situation is a complete embarrassment to this university and to us. Sick to my stomach.

I'm still betting you'll get over it. LOL
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Just awful.

azgreg

Post by azgreg »

ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Holy shit a home game that isn't at 730. I'm glad since I'll be at this game and dont feel like staying until 11 to see us get creamed.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
OSUCat

Post by OSUCat »

RR is going to start Dawkins against UCLA, just to mess with us right?
Formerly Lynx Rufus.
Carcassdragger

Post by Carcassdragger »

ASUHATER! wrote:Holy shit a home game that isn't at 730. I'm glad since I'll be at this game and dont feel like staying until 11 to see us get creamed.
Wow. Gave up already.
UALoco

Post by UALoco »

UALoco wrote:The last time I saw so many negative folks was the ASU at AZ thread leading up to that game. If I can't be optimistic this time of year, when can I? 6-6. That is my call and I am sticking to it.

NAU, UTEP, CAL, OSU, ASU and 1 game out of Houston, Utah, and Colorado. I hear we might even have a chance against Oregon because their run D is REALLY bad (their MLB is a walk-on freshman).
I'll try not to hurt myself patting myself of the back but I am feeling pretty good about my 6-6 call. It is too bad KT had that shoulder injury otherwise we might have been able to beat Houston and Utah. :cry:

I am not going to raise my expectations yet until I see some consistency out of the offense and the D to tighten up. I figure coaches will start to game plan against KT and he might not find it so easy to score(that is assuming RR doesn't pull a dick move and start BD :roll: )

I haven't had a chance to read-up on the board after KT's amazing performance but I am curious to read what all the "fire RR" boys are saying now. :lol:

Can't wait for the UCLA game.

Beardown and be thankful we are a basketball school!!
tgrumpy2

Post by tgrumpy2 »

UALoco wrote:
UALoco wrote:The last time I saw so many negative folks was the ASU at AZ thread leading up to that game. If I can't be optimistic this time of year, when can I? 6-6. That is my call and I am sticking to it.

NAU, UTEP, CAL, OSU, ASU and 1 game out of Houston, Utah, and Colorado. I hear we might even have a chance against Oregon because their run D is REALLY bad (their MLB is a walk-on freshman).
I'll try not to hurt myself patting myself of the back but I am feeling pretty good about my 6-6 call. It is too bad KT had that shoulder injury otherwise we might have been able to beat Houston and Utah. :cry:

I am not going to raise my expectations yet until I see some consistency out of the offense and the D to tighten up. I figure coaches will start to game plan against KT and he might not find it so easy to score(that is assuming RR doesn't pull a dick move and start BD :roll: )

I haven't had a chance to read-up on the board after KT's amazing performance but I am curious to read what all the "fire RR" boys are saying now. :lol:

I'm sorry to say Loco they are belittling the occasion with more than the usual amount of gusto. Seems that win put a real damper on their hopes and they're angry over it.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Cal game is set for 5pm in two weeks. Must be the Tate effect. The new Cam Newton in college football and he plas for us!
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

457 yards team rushing is good right? Asking for a friend.
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

azcat49 wrote:Cal game is set for 5pm in two weeks. Must be the Tate effect. The new Cam Newton in college football and he plas for us!
For some karmic reason that to this day evades my understanding, all Arizona fans know to expect the unexpected whenever our football team comes into Berserkeley hot, with momentum.

One quarter in that stadium kept arguably our best team from the Rose Bowl. I'm sure these Bears have some similarly nasty surprises awaiting the Cats.

Bear Down!
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

catgrad97 wrote:
azcat49 wrote:Cal game is set for 5pm in two weeks. Must be the Tate effect. The new Cam Newton in college football and he plas for us!
For some karmic reason that to this day evades my understanding, all Arizona fans know to expect the unexpected whenever our football team comes into Berserkeley hot, with momentum.

One quarter in that stadium kept arguably our best team from the Rose Bowl. I'm sure these Bears have some similarly nasty surprises awaiting the Cats.

Bear Down!
Weird shit happens in Berkeley. Us old-timers still talk about the tie in '83 when the 'Cats were ranked #3, I believe.

And don't forget the Nick Foles double-pass game.
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

You had to bring THOSE two games up...bad Larry Smith Show and Dad's den flashbacks now.

Gotta be the old hippies putting something in the water at halftime. Our second half leads just evaporate up there for no good reason.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Tate will deliver. Guys we have the Cam Newton of college football
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Honestly this is the best played game we've had since what, @Utah in 2014?

Sid

Post by Sid »

azcat49 wrote:Tate will deliver. Guys we have the Cam Newton of college football
Thinking the same. Release and let go about all the bad and let's just enjoy this fucking ride!

BTFD!
UALoco

Post by UALoco »

UALoco wrote:

I haven't had a chance to read-up on the board after KT's amazing performance but I am curious to read what all the "fire RR" boys are saying now. :lol: cabrones

I apologize for being so negative on this team. What was I thinking 6-6? My bad!! :lol:
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

ANGCatFan

Post by ANGCatFan »

azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Just curious who will be our defensive POW nominee, Wilborn or Whitaker. My guess is Jace but 4 sacks is pretty impresdive
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

azcat49 wrote:Just curious who will be our defensive POW nominee, Wilborn or Whitaker. My guess is Jace but 4 sacks is pretty impresdive
Correct, it was Jace who was nominated. Tough call.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

Dunno if this was posted elsewhere but homecoming against Wazzu is at 6:30 pm on the Pac 12 network
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

But did give up 602 yards passing...
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

Merkin wrote:But did give up 602 yards passing...
Got to dig deeper here. WSU has an average 7.2 yards per attempt which isn't a bad average to give up. Compare that to U of A having 16.2 yards per attempt. Tate and the Wildcats don't score so quickly the defensive numbers look way better.
2018 Bear Down Wildcats Conference Championship Challenge Champion
qwertyus

Post by qwertyus »

...Because WSU got 18 offensive possessions.

...Or because they faced 101 offensive plays NOT counting kicks and punts, of which there were 15.

...Or because WSU threw the ball 84 times.

Take your pick, that D took 4 last night, including a pick 6.

If the Offense ground the clock more (they scored early, this is a nice problem to have), and didn't give away two short fields, the scoreline is even MORE lopsided.
azpenguin

Post by azpenguin »

The defense gave up only two sustained TD drives last night. The other three were on short firelds. They also got the ball back for the offense plenty of times. Arizona scores on nine offensive drives and 51 plays. Wazzu scored six times and three of those were on short fields. Forget the yardage. These guys did their job.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

qwertyus wrote:
...Because WSU got 18 offensive possessions.

...Or because they faced 101 offensive plays NOT counting kicks and punts, of which there were 15.

...Or because WSU threw the ball 84 times.

Take your pick, that D took 4 last night, including a pick 6.

If the Offense ground the clock more (they scored early, this is a nice problem to have), and didn't give away two short fields, the scoreline is even MORE lopsided.
None of that makes it ok to give up 602 passing yards

PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

On a per pass attempt basis the performance yesterday was exactly in the middle and I think we can all agree WSU with its talent scheme and coaching is above average passing the ball
dc4azcats

Post by dc4azcats »

58-37.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

PHXCATS wrote:On a per pass attempt basis the performance yesterday was exactly in the middle and I think we can all agree WSU with its talent scheme and coaching is above average passing the ball

509 of those were from the back up QB. But hey....all is well with a W.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

chiefzona wrote:
PHXCATS wrote:On a per pass attempt basis the performance yesterday was exactly in the middle and I think we can all agree WSU with its talent scheme and coaching is above average passing the ball

Scheme, coaching, receivers.....

Again per attempt it was middle of the road for all of ncaa football bowl subdivision.

UA win by 21 and really it wasn't that close.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

PHXCATS wrote:
chiefzona wrote:

Scheme, coaching, receivers.....

Again per attempt it was middle of the road for all of ncaa football bowl subdivision.

UA win by 21 and really it wasn't that close.

Yeah....the D was amazing. Easily a top 25 D with a top 25 schedule.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Improved for sure. Not as much pressure but they never let anyone get behind them and turned Wazzu over 4 times.

With Tate, we don't have to be a top 25 Defense. Oh my, if we were, we would be in the playoffs.

This season has gone terribly wrong for you Chief and I know you are disappointed but at some point you will get it right and RR will be out of here. Try and find your silver lining in your dark cloud that is AZ football and RR achieving
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

This has been the best month of AZ football in a long, long time.

But you would never know it if you only read these forums.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Definitely a season most of us never saw coming. We are IMO, the best team in the conference and if we could tho back and play our two losses, we would he in the playoff hunt
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Alieberman wrote:This has been the best month of AZ football in a long, long time.

Just because it has been a great offensive month that doesn't mean the program and RR are free from criticism.

chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

azcat49 wrote:Definitely a season most of us never saw coming. We are IMO, the best team in the conference and if we could tho back and play our two losses, we would he in the playoff hunt

The defense is garbage and embarrassing. Some of you wanted Yates as the HC a month ago.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

ASUHATER! wrote:
Alieberman wrote:This has been the best month of AZ football in a long, long time.

Just because it has been a great offensive month that doesn't mean the program and RR are free from criticism.
We are 4-0 in a month many thought we could go winless.

I honestly couldn't ask for anything more.

We are not a perfect football time, far from it.... but my expectations have been greatly exceeded.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

My expectations too obviously and I'm thrilled by this month, but I have to stay grounded.

azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

chiefzona wrote:
azcat49 wrote:Definitely a season most of us never saw coming. We are IMO, the best team in the conference and if we could tho back and play our two losses, we would he in the playoff hunt

The defense is garbage and embarrassing. Some of you wanted Yates as the HC a month ago.
Doesn't matter, our philosophy is to outscore our opponent. They can't stop Tate.

We scored every 5 plays on average against the top defense in the conference. Get back to me after someone stops us.

Tough October for you man. Not really sorry but I can have some empathy that your. Self esteem has taken a huge hit. Rita told me to tell you hi! She looked great in her all red outfit last night on the sideline. I bet I could get you some nacho dip. It may make you feel better