Pre Snap Read - #66 Utah

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

dc4azcats

Pre Snap Read - #66 Utah

Post by dc4azcats »

How does that taste Utah:

This is doubly true in the Pac-12 South Division, where at least three teams – and perhaps four – enter the latter days of summer conditioning with distinct and realistic hopes of winning 10 or more games and taking a spot in the conference title game.

This is good for the Pac-12, the deepest conference in the country, but bad for Utah – yes, Utah, the former Mountain West Conference power with exactly 10 wins since the start of the 2012 season, five in league play.

Utah hasn't ceded control of the division to Arizona State, USC and UCLA; the Utes never owned it, nor made even a halfhearted run at the Rose Bowl during the program's three seasons in the Pac-12. The Utes simply came, saw and were conquered, quickly becoming to the South Division's elite what California and Washington State have been to the North.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nc ... /11623295/
dc4azcats

Re: Pre Snap Read - #66 Utah

Post by dc4azcats »

For the Utah lovers out there here's an interesting tidbit:

Tidbit (Pac-12 edition): Utah has only five wins against Pac-12 competition during the past two seasons, as noted earlier. One of those wins came against Stanford, which went on to take the Pac-12. But the remaining quartet came against four opponents with a combined 5-31 record in league play: Colorado (1-8), Washington State (1-8) and California (2-7) in 2012, and Colorado (1-8) again last fall.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

since wsu has shown improvement...utah has been the 3rd worst team in the conference the last couple years. i think they'll be slightly better this year, but their absolute ceiling is like 8-5 with the potential basement around 3-9.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Serves there high and mighty fans right IMO.
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion