2013 GOAZCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
CalStateTempe

Re: 3 out of the last 5?

Post by CalStateTempe »

What is this all about?
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

CalStateTempe wrote:What is this all about?
No UA players selected in 3 of the last 5 drafts??
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Gimmick teams get gimmick results.
Carcassdragger

Post by Carcassdragger »

dmjcat wrote:
CalStateTempe wrote:What is this all about?
No UA players selected in 3 of the last 5 drafts??
Exactly. Damn, that's horrific.
2020 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2018 BEARDOWN WILDCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
2017 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2013 GOAZCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

The only player RR has had drafted in the top 4 rounds was Carey.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
cordera89

Post by cordera89 »

Is this really a big deal. I wonder how many other P5 school didn't have a single player selected to NFL Draft.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

It think 8 P5 schools had no NFL picKS but 7 of then are basketball schools like Duke, Kansas and so on.

ASUHATER! wrote:The only player RR has had drafted in the top 4 rounds was Carey.
Who just happened to be a Stoops recruit. RR's 2 recruits drafted were both in the 200s.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

ASU only had their kicker drafted.

We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

cordera89 wrote:Is this really a big deal. I wonder how many other P5 school didn't have a single player selected to NFL Draft.
Yes, it's a big deal. Elite players don't go to schools who don't put players in the league.
cordera89

Post by cordera89 »

azgreg wrote:
cordera89 wrote:Is this really a big deal. I wonder how many other P5 school didn't have a single player selected to NFL Draft.
Yes, it's a big deal. Elite players don't go to schools who don't put players in the league.
It isn't big deal. 32 pro team selected the best players possible in the drafted and our players weren't selected not because they weren't good enough or weren't even look at. All players wont get drafted what part do we don't get.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Pretty sure they weren't good enough.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Poor recruiting, terrible development. This is going to be used against us on the recruiting trail. Just a terrible recipe for sustained success
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

RR is gonna leave us worse than Stoops.

Gimmicks are gimmicks
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

CalStateTempe wrote:RR is gonna leave us worse than Stoops.

Gimmicks are gimmicks
Stoops recruiting fell off the last couple years and we didn't have much talent..but I don't disagree with this. We may be in a worse spot everywhere except facilities when the next coach comes in.

azgreg

Post by azgreg »

cordera89 wrote:
azgreg wrote:
It isn't big deal. 32 pro team selected the best players possible in the drafted and our players weren't selected not because they weren't good enough or weren't even look at. All players wont get drafted what part do we don't get.
It is a big deal. Try to fail less.
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

cordera89 wrote:
azgreg wrote:
I... don't understand... what you are trying to say.
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

RR is not going to get nfl caliber guys for the most part to play under him. We have known this though. So you have to get the hungry guys who want to try and try and at the least get to play a few more years and get a college education. Seems like that was happening then wasnt then was then back to now isnt.
2018 Bear Down Wildcats Conference Championship Challenge Champion
cordera89

Post by cordera89 »

Puerco wrote:
cordera89 wrote:
azgreg wrote:
I... don't understand... what you are trying to say.
Don't push your luck because you do know what it Said's.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

Terrible recruiting, player evaluations, and player development. But we've all known this for awhile, right?
97cats

Post by 97cats »

its a massively big deal and is awful from every angle -- those who dont recognize need to pull their head from their asses
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

97cats wrote:its a massively big deal and is awful from every angle -- those who dont recognize need to pull their head from their asses

I hope you pull Scheer's head out of RR's ass. He's argued against me about all of this for years now. It's funny how true football people see it long before average fan catches up to it. Problem is that the football guys catch hell for it. Now all the RR backers have run away and refuse to apologize or give props to the ones who saw it all coming. Good to see you "down here" buddy.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

chiefzona wrote:
97cats wrote:its a massively big deal and is awful from every angle -- those who dont recognize need to pull their head from their asses

I hope you pull Scheer's head out of RR's ass. He's argued against me about all of this for years now. It's funny how true football people see it long before average fan catches up to it. Problem is that the football guys catch hell for it. Now all the RR backers have run away and refuse to apologize or give props to the ones who saw it all coming. Good to see you "down here" buddy.
Who gives a rat's ass who saw it coming? You want a pat on the back go call your mother and have her make you feel good about yourself. It's her job not ours.

I agree it's a major problem and it's very indicative of the current state of our football program, but screw you if you want us to suck your dick for "calling it."
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

ChooChooCat wrote:
chiefzona wrote:

Who gives a rat's ass who saw it coming? You want a pat on the back go call your mother and have her make you feel good about yourself. It's her job not ours.

I agree it's a major problem and it's very indicative of the current state of our football program, but screw you if you want us to suck your dick for "calling it."

Eh...,you didn't get it. Nice anger though. I like those posts. It's more about Jason's loss of credibility. Wildcat Authority has lost a lot of premium members due to false projections, predictions and evaluations that should have never been done by a non-football guy. Then to slam paying members for being right all along was bad. He pissed a lot of people off. I Ike him but there's nothing that can be done at this point. Thanks for your emotional post though.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

You have for years tooted your own horn so dont pretend you dont and throw Scheer under the bus to do so. Strange you are not well liked.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

PHXCATS wrote:You have for years tooted your own horn so dont pretend you dont and throw Scheer under the bus to do so. Strange you are not well liked.

No. I just say things when I hear things from guys I respect. I don't have to toot anything.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

chiefzona wrote:
ChooChooCat wrote:
chiefzona wrote:

Eh...,you didn't get it. Nice anger though. I like those posts. It's more about Jason's loss of credibility. Wildcat Authority has lost a lot of premium members due to false projections, predictions and evaluations that should have never been done by a non-football guy. Then to slam paying members for being right all along was bad. He pissed a lot of people off. I Ike him but there's nothing that can be done at this point. Thanks for your emotional post though.
Yeah this is all about Scheer and not your ego....right.
Now all the RR backers have run away and refuse to apologize or give props to the ones who saw it all coming.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

Chief has more paper thin defenses and arguments than the Cheeto in chief
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

chiefzona wrote:
Merkin wrote:

Haha. Yeah, well no one listened to me. Hilarious. Always late for the party.
For sure not a toot right?
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

ChooChooCat wrote:
chiefzona wrote:
ChooChooCat wrote:
chiefzona wrote:

Yeah this is all about Scheer and not your ego....right.
Now all the RR backers have run away and refuse to apologize or give props to the ones who saw it all coming.
Well, I think my words on the program and football speak for itself.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

PHXCATS wrote:
chiefzona wrote:
Merkin wrote:

Haha. Yeah, well no one listened to me. Hilarious. Always late for the party.
For sure not a toot right?

That's a blast. So many people were wrong on Anu. Not this guy.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

You know the thing that bothers me the most is on the surface everything RR does seems perfect and makes sense.

He comes in and says he wants to retire here, thanking GB and the fans of AZ in giving him a shot.

He make Carey an all American and then Wilson and makes a pedestrian QB look like an all PAC guy at times. He takes mediocre talent and goes to 4 bowls, a south title and 32 wins in 4 years.

But underneath everything is all the rot. He and Rita bitch and complain about his pay, they hate the schedule and them they have the wondering eye for other programs.

All while taking care of his I won't recruit cronies and berating the players in practice and turning over the roster faster then a flap jack turned at IHOP.

Then he recruits Yates and it looks like a genius move except we find out Yates needed out of Boise after many failed business deals.

I hope RR does enough this year to earn more time and see if he can be the guy to do big things. His rope is short and I am not sure they are all pulling it in the same direction. Going to be an interesting fall
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

scumdevils86 wrote:Chief has more paper thin defenses and arguments than the Cheeto in chief

Prove it.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

chiefzona wrote:
scumdevils86 wrote:Chief has more paper thin defenses and arguments than the Cheeto in chief

Prove it.
Ah now we know you're in trouble when you say that.

chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

ASUHATER! wrote:
chiefzona wrote:

Prove it.
Ah now we know you're in trouble when you say that.

Fake news. :lol:
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

azcat49 wrote:You know the thing that bothers me the most is on the surface everything RR does seems perfect and makes sense.

He comes in and says he wants to retire here, thanking GB and the fans of AZ in giving him a shot.

He make Carey an all American and then Wilson and makes a pedestrian QB look like an all PAC guy at times. He takes mediocre talent and goes to 4 bowls, a south title and 32 wins in 4 years.

But underneath everything is all the rot. He and Rita bitch and complain about his pay, they hate the schedule and them they have the wondering eye for other programs.

All while taking care of his I won't recruit cronies and berating the players in practice and turning over the roster faster then a flap jack turned at IHOP.

Then he recruits Yates and it looks like a genius move except we find out Yates needed out of Boise after many failed business deals.

I hope RR does enough this year to earn more time and see if he can be the guy to do big things. His rope is short and I am not sure they are all pulling it in the same direction. Going to be an interesting fall
You left out his affair.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

No surprise here coming from Hansen, but hey, it's facts.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

Merkin wrote:No surprise here coming from Hansen, but hey, it's facts.

My Uncle is the only journalist and local hack who covers or reports Arizona Football who has the balls to speak out against Rich Rod. The rest refuse to do it. They're scared of getting their meal tickets pulled. Funny shit.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

azcat49 wrote:You know the thing that bothers me the most is on the surface everything RR does seems perfect and makes sense.

From what I understand Heeke will give RR every opportunity to hold on to his job this season, which is probably why Chief already hates him lol.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

ChooChooCat wrote:

From what I understand Heeke will give RR every opportunity to hold on to his job this season, which is probably why Chief already hates him lol.
I don't hate Heeke... it was just a bad hire. He likes the status quo and sucks at football hires. He has ZERO contacts. But hey.....I'm very early to the party.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

chiefzona wrote: I don't hate Heeke... it was just a bad hire. He likes the status quo and sucks at football hires. He has ZERO contacts. But hey.....I'm very early to the party.
Don't think anyone thinks Heeke won the press conference. Very underwhelming hire after losing Byrne to Bama.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

chiefzona wrote:

My Uncle is the only journalist and local hack who covers or reports Arizona Football who has the balls to speak out against Rich Rod. The rest refuse to do it. They're scared of getting their meal tickets pulled. Funny shit.
It's Arizona Football, there's no such thing as getting their meal tickets pulled. Only Arizona Basketball has that type of flack in Tucson.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

chiefzona wrote:
ChooChooCat wrote:

I don't hate Heeke... it was just a bad hire. He likes the status quo and sucks at football hires. He has ZERO contacts. But hey.....I'm very early to the party.
On this one I'm actually with you 100%. I just don't think we could've done any better unfortunately. I've met the guy and I do like him as a person plenty, but I'm not sure as an AD. He certainly has the time to prove us wrong. Byrne wasn't the tell all be all when we hired him either, but he was young and ambitious and it showed in his work ethic.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

ChooChooCat wrote:
chiefzona wrote:

It's Arizona Football, there's no such thing as getting their meal tickets pulled. Only Arizona Basketball has that type of flack in Tucson.

Arizona basketball has one NC and it was 20 years ago. I get what you're saying but the problem in our local journalism is called honesty.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

chiefzona wrote:
ChooChooCat wrote:
chiefzona wrote:

Arizona basketball has one NC and it was 20 years ago. I get what you're saying but the problem in our local journalism is called honesty.
If you think that matters you don't understand Tucson. Arizona Basketball and every thing else is bonus, especially football.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

ChooChooCat wrote:
chiefzona wrote:
ChooChooCat wrote:
chiefzona wrote:

If you think that matters you don't understand Tucson. Arizona Basketball and every thing else is bonus, especially football.
I live in Tucson and know the show. Tucson needs a sport's culture change. Priorities. Arizona is a softball school.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

chiefzona wrote:

You left out his affair.
And the steroids in the program (why do you think they have so many injuries and don't mind smaller guys they can torque up)but some things need to stay below even the rot
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Lol chief saying Arizona is a softball school shows he knows jack shit about anything. But he sure does love jerking himself off on this board. Comments like that make me doubt he is even a fan or know where Tucson is on a map.

azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Come on Hater, didn't you know Michigan is a hockey school and Duke is a lacrosse school
Last edited by azcat49 on Tue May 02, 2017 6:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

ASUHATER! wrote:Lol chief saying Arizona is a softball school shows he knows jack shit about anything. But he sure does love jerking himself off on this board. Comments like that make me doubt he is even a fan or know where Tucson is on a map.

I live in Tucson. I know the game and see all the denial in the Arizona fan base. Mediocrity has reigned for far too long and excuses are made for it everyday. Sure, Arizona is a basketball school but let's not all fool ourselves. Even Florida has won two NCs within the 20 years Arizona has not and I still call them a football school. But I digress.....