44 Kurtis Brown

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

ANGCatFan

44 Kurtis Brown

Post by ANGCatFan »

Brown was originally posted on day 99 before numbers were assigned.

Brown is a 6-3, 285, Freshman defensive tackle from Liberty HS, Bakersfield, CA. Brown missed his Senior year with a knee injury (hopefully trying to get his Arizona injury out of the way) and it is always difficult to crack the defensive line as a true Freshman.

Here are a couple interesting notes from Brown's interview with Krossover that may give you a glimpse of the type of player we are getting and why he chose Arizona.
How did you prepare for the 2016 season over the summer?

I took this past season more serious than I ever had- I knew I had to get bigger and stronger. I worked out four times a day- at 4:30am with a buddy who plays at USC, team workouts at 6:30, a 2:30 workout focusing on speed and endurance, and a 4:30pm footwork and drills workout.

They’ve paid off too- everything is slower and blocks are easier.

Why did you commit to Arizona?

I had a connection with D line coach- he’s like a father figure. It was similar to the connection I have with Coach Bryan Nixon, my high school coach. I can always talk to him about life. I love the student section too, and the Arizona commits are already close- we have a group text going.

What’s some advice that you can give to recruits who are going through the recruiting process?

Don’t go for your biggest and baddest offer, go where your playing style fits, go where you can play early.

1999 is the year Dennis Northcutt set the Arizona receiving record for yards in a season with 1422 yards on 88 catches. His record was not threatened last year. We only had 2137 total receiving yards for the team and Shun Brown led all receivers with 521 yards.

Please let me know if you want to do one or more days of the countdown. I don't mind doing everyday, but we may get a better product if other people cover the players they are passionate about. PM me in interested.
Last edited by ANGCatFan on Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
azcat49

Re: 99 Days Kurtis Brown

Post by azcat49 »

And so it begins!!
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

azgreg

Post by azgreg »

azpenguin

Post by azpenguin »

Ahhhhhhhh yeah... come back into town from a trip and this is waiting for me. Awesome, let's get through this long summer.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

ANG, you fucking rule...
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
ANGCatFan

Re: 44 Kurtis Brown

Post by ANGCatFan »

Kurtis Brown interviewed by GoAZCats. Should add much needed depth to our D-line as a true Freshman.