General Malaise and Complaining about the Football Program

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

TheBlackLodge

Re: Fire RR

Post by TheBlackLodge »

EVCat wrote:You are just another Cogent who had the end result you wanted.
Now there's a blast from past!
Formerly McLurvin
azpenguin

Post by azpenguin »

TheBlackLodge wrote:
EVCat wrote:You are just another Cogent who had the end result you wanted.
Now there's a blast from past!
Only poster I've ever blocked on my end. He became just flat insufferable.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

EVCat wrote:
chiefzona wrote:You'll see the tuck tail and run guys here who will start saying that they were never behind RR or his recruiting and decisions. Just wait for it. It's all coming. I'm already getting messages of guys apologizing for calling me out on a message board three years ago. It is a freakin clown show. It'll get better....just you wait.
That's stupid. If anyone apologizes to you, they deserve whatever derision they get. You were calling him out while he was winning. That is personal, not structural.

Every coach has a few. Didn't recruit their players, or someone they know had a bad experience with them, and they turn into haters.

There is no "nice try, buddy" here. You are just another Cogent who had the end result you wanted. You are a 'football guy' There are a thousand of them in the stands of every Chandler or Hamilton or Mountain Pointe game. Some are assistant coaches. The worst are former players...talk about territorial. A few have blogs/websites. They know less than the janitor in LSFF. It is all about ego.

You have made it clear you are really into your ego here, and elevate this to an identity. That's your trip...but the motives for your hate are transparent. In this case, like the case with almost every Arizona coach, we need to replace the coach. But your criticisms were personal when the program looked healthy as could be. They still are personal.

But you are a football guy...
It hasn't been personal. I've given several reason as to why. His first mistake was Casteel and I spoke about that ad nauseam. Recruiting....ZRO....No attention to detail with the defense.....blaming the players....and tons more. I've spoken in detail about so many things I saw wrong that even my biggest critics have known why. To say it's a personal agenda makes for a better narrative, that's for sure. I like your former player rant. That was good. Ego....you can only get so far with that. If it's mixed with knowledge and success, it can be a very good thing. We all have egos. If you've been in the football business and raised by a coach and around coaches your whole life, you can see things happen before they happen. RRs bad player evals were an easy target. I've been very bored watching his garbage that a change of a coach is a welcome thing. I'll always hope and wish for the best for RR and I hope he's learns from his mistakes like some coaches do. Nice try EV. You are eloquent in your delivery but your content is a shoot from the hip mentality that plagues this nation's best journalists. You have to really know your subject to get any shit to stick to the wall. Enjoy the UTEP game.
SCCats

Post by SCCats »

chiefzona wrote:
SCCats wrote:I'll say this: our success started going down hill as soon as SOMEONE around here personally gave Rich a purple jello shooter.

Now I'm not going to say who that was, but that person knows who they are and must find a way to atone or otherwise break the purple jello shooter curse or I fear we will be stuck in football purgatory forever.

It was actually a green Jell-O shot.
Lol was it really?

It could have been. I had already had a few Jell-O shots myself at that point, so it well might have been green. Remember who he was sitting with? Funny scene all around...
tgrumpy2

Post by tgrumpy2 »

chiefzona wrote:
EVCat wrote:
chiefzona wrote:You'll see the tuck tail and run guys here who will start saying that they were never behind RR or his recruiting and decisions. Just wait for it. It's all coming. I'm already getting messages of guys apologizing for calling me out on a message board three years ago. It is a freakin clown show. It'll get better....just you wait.
That's stupid. If anyone apologizes to you, they deserve whatever derision they get. You were calling him out while he was winning. That is personal, not structural.

Every coach has a few. Didn't recruit their players, or someone they know had a bad experience with them, and they turn into haters.

There is no "nice try, buddy" here. You are just another Cogent who had the end result you wanted. You are a 'football guy' There are a thousand of them in the stands of every Chandler or Hamilton or Mountain Pointe game. Some are assistant coaches. The worst are former players...talk about territorial. A few have blogs/websites. They know less than the janitor in LSFF. It is all about ego.

You have made it clear you are really into your ego here, and elevate this to an identity. That's your trip...but the motives for your hate are transparent. In this case, like the case with almost every Arizona coach, we need to replace the coach. But your criticisms were personal when the program looked healthy as could be. They still are personal.

It hasn't been personal. I've given several reason as to why. His first mistake was Casteel and I spoke about that ad nauseam. Recruiting....ZRO....No attention to detail with the defense.....blaming the players....and tons more. I've spoken in detail about so many things I saw wrong that even my biggest critics have known why. To say it's a personal agenda makes for a better narrative, that's for sure. I like your former player rant. That was good. Ego....you can only get so far with that. If it's mixed with knowledge and success, it can be a very good thing. We all have egos. If you've been in the football business and raised by a coach and around coaches your whole life, you can see things happen before they happen. RRs bad player evals were an easy target. I've been very bored watching his garbage that a change of a coach is a welcome thing. I'll always hope and wish for the best for RR and I hope he's learns from his mistakes like some coaches do. Nice try EV. You are eloquent in your delivery but your content is a shoot from the hip mentality that plagues this nation's best journalists. You have to really know your subject to get any shit to stick to the wall. Enjoy the UTEP game.

Chief it has always looked to me as if your dislike for RR was personal. If he does manage to go 6-6 or better this year you'll tell everyone here you knew that would happen but you'll still badmouth him every step of the way. LOL
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

Grumpy.....I don't need to badmouth him. He has soiled himself quite nicely. 6 games with who at QB? Does Peyton Manning have any eligibility left?
tgrumpy2

Post by tgrumpy2 »

chiefzona wrote:Grumpy.....I don't need to badmouth him. He has soiled himself quite nicely. 6 games with who at QB? Does Peyton Manning have any eligibility left?

Chief your criticisms go far and above that. I can't remember one good thing you have said about him. Its been a constant badgering and belittling of everything he does to the point that a good number of the people on this board don't think you have a bit of credibility left. What did he do to you Chief? Did he steal your Halloween candy?
tgrumpy2

Post by tgrumpy2 »

chiefzona wrote:
EVCat wrote:

I think he was right on the money Chief.

chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

tgrumpy2 wrote:
chiefzona wrote:Grumpy.....I don't need to badmouth him. He has soiled himself quite nicely. 6 games with who at QB? Does Peyton Manning have any eligibility left?

Chief your criticisms go far and above that. I can't remember one good thing you have said about him. Its been a constant badgering and belittling of everything he does to the point that a good number of the people on this board don't think you have a bit of credibility left. What did he do to you Chief? Did he steal your Halloween candy?

Oh ok. He's never done anything to me personally. No one touches my Halloween candy. :lol:
EVCat

Post by EVCat »

The defense/Casteel bit is one of the things I put in his failure list.

But we were winning. And to act like those flaws weren't able to be overcome (and he did fire Casteel immediately after the rise fell) without all the other things that happened is willful ignorance. RR made mistakes. But Casteel was dealt with immediately after the 10 win season (the very first season after). His biggest personal mistake was the open flirtations with other schools.

He won, though. And had talent. But the D side of the ball was not being recruited well enough to cover for injuries...that was obvious in 2015. He let that slip, then quickly fired his long time DC and brought in a new staff and recruiting coordinator...then lost him in less than one season. The injuries, Williams' departure...I mean, I am going in circles here, but as is true with any story, neither extreme side is correct. RR did not do everything right and just have massive bad luck, nor did he screw everything up himself. He did well, lost touch with the problems in depth on the D side, moved quickly to fix that, but got worked by a carpetbagger, and had a rash of injuries that were silly on anyone's scale in both 2015 and 2016. The depth wasn't there, but you shouldn't ever have to play your #4s and #5s at RB and QB. Or at MLB. He finished himself off by hindering recruiting by flirting with other jobs openly for 2 straight years.

So he is gone. But, again...the first 3 years weren't a mirage. There is always a forensic path to a failure, and this one is pretty clear, and was not diagnosable from the early years other than through guessing.
azpenguin

Post by azpenguin »

EVCat, I mostly agree with you. I will say remember that one of his most important defensive players was Jared Tevis, a walk-on under Mike Stoops. Plus Will Parks, and they put Flowers in a position to be drafted with his position move. Scooby was one of theirs. So they did develop some talent, and that probably masked the recruiting decline for a bit. RR did take quick action and I do believe he has been making a concerted effort to fix things over the last two years. But results are results, and it's a matter of whether or not he can pull this plane out of the dive before it smashes down to earth. If he beats Utah and then pulls a rabbit out of a hat in Boulder, the conversation is going to change at least for a while. Things don't look good. But the season is nowhere even remotely close to done.
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

The signs of where we have been heading were clear on the recruiting trail for most of his time here.

He started out poking fun at the personnel "what we lack in size we make up for in lack of speed", or something along those lines. Well the majority of the depth chart on his one really good team was inherited. We have not upgraded the size in our program, and contrary to the narrative of some here - he has never had much team speed.

Those of us who expressed concern were ridiculed by ththe faithful & their leader, Matty D who pontificated "we scout talent, not stars". And he sure milked the shit out of our one needle in the haystack Scooby until just about EVERYONE was sick of it.

He should have brought in a strong D coordinator fromnDay one and LEFT THE DAMN DEFENSE ALONE. He has insisted in meddling in the D during his tenures in both Ann Arbor & Tucson, and he's proven he has no business touching that side of the ball.

As for carpetbagging... I don't think anyone rushing to his defense should toss that term at anyone. He'd be gone if he could have gotten someone to pay him more than he is getting here. And this after declaring upon his arrival here that he wabt d to retire in Tucson on his first day in the state. And the minions bought it hook line & sinker & chided those of us who expressed skepticism.

I don't know the guy, but I am not a fan... I think he is gratuitous, egotistical, & self-serving. If he won consistently I'd look past it. But on balance, aside from a joke of a gimme OOC schedule - has been unsuccessful over his collective tenure, even by our historical standards - and even including his one very successful year.
MrMeow

Post by MrMeow »

Harvey Specter wrote:The signs of where we have been heading were clear on the recruiting trail for most of his time here.

He started out poking fun at the personnel "what we lack in size we make up for in lack of speed", or something along those lines. Well the majority of the depth chart on his one really good team was inherited. We have not upgraded the size in our program, and contrary to the narrative of some here - he has never had much team speed.

Those of us who expressed concern were ridiculed by ththe faithful & their leader, Matty D who pontificated "we scout talent, not stars". And he sure milked the shit out of our one needle in the haystack Scooby until just about EVERYONE was sick of it.

He should have brought in a strong D coordinator fromnDay one and LEFT THE DAMN DEFENSE ALONE. He has insisted in meddling in the D during his tenures in both Ann Arbor & Tucson, and he's proven he has no business touching that side of the ball.

As for carpetbagging... I don't think anyone rushing to his defense should toss that term at anyone. He'd be gone if he could have gotten someone to pay him more than he is getting here. And this after declaring upon his arrival here that he wabt d to retire in Tucson on his first day in the state. And the minions bought it hook line & sinker & chided those of us who expressed skepticism.

I don't know the guy, but I am not a fan... I think he is gratuitous, egotistical, & self-serving. If he won consistently I'd look past it. But on balance, aside from a joke of a gimme OOC schedule - has been unsuccessful over his collective tenure, even by our historical standards - and even including his one very successful year.
You forgot disingenuous, although you PARTIALLY described his disingenuousness. The man is full of shit. Get him out of here.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

Harvey Specter wrote:The signs of where we have been heading were clear on the recruiting trail for most of his time here.

Spot the hell on. I couldn't have written it better myself. You were nice. There's a few more things that I would add but hell. He gone.
EVCat

Post by EVCat »

azpenguin wrote:EVCat, I mostly agree with you. I will say remember that one of his most important defensive players was Jared Tevis, a walk-on under Mike Stoops. Plus Will Parks, and they put Flowers in a position to be drafted with his position move. Scooby was one of theirs. So they did develop some talent, and that probably masked the recruiting decline for a bit. RR did take quick action and I do believe he has been making a concerted effort to fix things over the last two years. But results are results, and it's a matter of whether or not he can pull this plane out of the dive before it smashes down to earth. If he beats Utah and then pulls a rabbit out of a hat in Boulder, the conversation is going to change at least for a while. Things don't look good. But the season is nowhere even remotely close to done.
Totally agree. Regardless of how we got here, we are here, and since a good portion is his own fault, there is no choice but to pull the trigger. Even if he was just the unluckiest guy in the history of football...the stadium speaks. Attendance speaks. He wasn't...he had some bad luck, but he also caused a lot of this himself.

But I reject the notion that he couldn't have been successful, that it was predestined and the first 3 years were a mirage. He had success, then blew it. And some bad luck things happened to aggravate his mistakes. Make no mistake...I think he is done and I would rather move on it sooner as opposed to later. And I know there is some movement already. But he wasn't a Mackovic failure from day one. That is the part I am fighting out with this Chief guy, even though, if he paid attention, I agree with a good bit of what he says. Just not that he was the red pill guy or whatever that saw the future through all the winning and improvement, that he knew this team would fall apart after 10 wins, back to backs over Oregon and a freshman at QB and RB doing it. But I agree with the end result...he is done and we need to move on.
azpenguin

Post by azpenguin »

EVCat wrote:
azpenguin wrote:EVCat, I mostly agree with you. I will say remember that one of his most important defensive players was Jared Tevis, a walk-on under Mike Stoops. Plus Will Parks, and they put Flowers in a position to be drafted with his position move. Scooby was one of theirs. So they did develop some talent, and that probably masked the recruiting decline for a bit. RR did take quick action and I do believe he has been making a concerted effort to fix things over the last two years. But results are results, and it's a matter of whether or not he can pull this plane out of the dive before it smashes down to earth. If he beats Utah and then pulls a rabbit out of a hat in Boulder, the conversation is going to change at least for a while. Things don't look good. But the season is nowhere even remotely close to done.
Totally agree. Regardless of how we got here, we are here, and since a good portion is his own fault, there is no choice but to pull the trigger. Even if he was just the unluckiest guy in the history of football...the stadium speaks. Attendance speaks. He wasn't...he had some bad luck, but he also caused a lot of this himself.

But I reject the notion that he couldn't have been successful, that it was predestined and the first 3 years were a mirage. He had success, then blew it. And some bad luck things happened to aggravate his mistakes. Make no mistake...I think he is done and I would rather move on it sooner as opposed to later. And I know there is some movement already. But he wasn't a Mackovic failure from day one. That is the part I am fighting out with this Chief guy, even though, if he paid attention, I agree with a good bit of what he says. Just not that he was the red pill guy or whatever that saw the future through all the winning and improvement, that he knew this team would fall apart after 10 wins, back to backs over Oregon and a freshman at QB and RB doing it. But I agree with the end result...he is done and we need to move on.
I get it, and I agree - mostly. I'm not in a hurry to move on just yet. As I said, the season is still young, and the fact that he has been working to fix the problem merits, at least in my eyes, at least a good chunk of the season to let it play out. Now if Arizona gets to the midpoint of the season and they've been blown out by all three Pac-12 foes? Well, then hitting the eject button is justified, because we know where things are going. But if they get there and the team is 4-2, then we may have something cooking. If they get to that point then they'll have beaten two of the following three: Utah, Colorado, UCLA. Like I said, to me it's a matter of whether or not he can pull out of the nosedive before the whole thing crashes. We'll know in a few weeks. I tend not to get in a hurry, though, because things aren't always clear for some time, even in retrospect.
Carcassdragger

Post by Carcassdragger »

Rich Rod should not be fired until our 7th loss, which will guarantee a losing season. Until that happens (likely right after Oregon), he should be supported completely, He's a good coach and a good guy who made some mistakes, and seems to run a clean program.

I'm pulling for him and this group of kids to prove most of you wrong.
2020 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2018 BEARDOWN WILDCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
2017 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2013 GOAZCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
OSUCat

Post by OSUCat »

Let’s fire up those flight trackers. Losing to Utah (with roughly 36k attending) is the straw breaking the camels back. Probably take 2-3 more games though st least before RR is gone.
Formerly Lynx Rufus.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Fire rr. Recruiting been non existent and now we are reaping in full: the buck stops at coach.

Peace.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Such a poorly talented and coached team is why we lost this game. All comes back to RR. If we had a semblance of a real QB this probably would've been a win.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

RR recruits "ATH"s, not QBs.
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

ASUHATER! wrote:Such a poorly talented and coached team is why we lost this game. All comes back to RR. If we had a semblance of a real QB this probably would've been a win.
Or if we had a FG unit that could, i don't know, block well enough to kick a FG lol
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

whatisee

Post by whatisee »

This loss is 100% on Brandon Dawkins. Not sure how any of you could see this otherwise.
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

“Unfortunate,” UA coach Rich Rodriguez said. “I’m proud of their effort. A lot of mistakes that we made we can fix. I still feel we can compete in the conference for a championship."
Uhh...

'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
Frybry02

Post by Frybry02 »

whatisee wrote:This loss is 100% on Brandon Dawkins. Not sure how any of you could see this otherwise.
Not going to blame Dawkins. He was not put in a position to succeed. Attempting 42 passes is not playing to his strength.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

Frybry02 wrote:
whatisee wrote:This loss is 100% on Brandon Dawkins. Not sure how any of you could see this otherwise.
Not going to blame Dawkins. He was not put in a position to succeed. Attempting 42 passes is not playing to his strength.

Year 6 and this is the QB that Rod Smith and RR roll out. BD has been in the program for 4 years. :lol: It's a sham.
Frybry02

Post by Frybry02 »

chiefzona wrote:
Frybry02 wrote:

Year 6 and this is the QB that Rod Smith and RR roll out. BD has been in the program for 4 years. :lol: It's a sham.
Pathetic. no development of BD in the 4 years he has been in Tucson.
OSUCat

Post by OSUCat »

I’m not sure how you don’t blame RR fully for the lost. He gets paid 3 million dollars to recruit and coach. Neither has been going well.
Formerly Lynx Rufus.
ALASKACAT

Post by ALASKACAT »

Frybry02 wrote:
chiefzona wrote:
Frybry02 wrote:

Pathetic. no development of BD in the 4 years he has been in Tucson.
I really miss Frank Scelfo as a QB coach.
BibbysTowelDude

Post by BibbysTowelDude »

Lose just one or eight for the Fipper... :lol:
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Like Hansen said, this is the lowest attended home conference opener since the WAC days. That's good enough reason right there to fire him when the university and city have lost faith in the program.
PieceOfMeat wrote: Or if we had a FG unit that could, i don't know, block well enough to kick a FG lol
Or not shank a punt, or keep a kickoff in bounds. You can really tell a program about how they treat special teams.

Dawkins is a pretty bad QB, but you have to blame RichRod for putting him out there and not recruiting anyone better.

When the backup QB on Utah is worlds ahead of the UA starting QB in terms of talent, you just have to shake your head. What happened to taking a unknown untalented QB like BJ Denker and making him a winner?
Last edited by Merkin on Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Dead man walking
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Like merkin said Fan disinterest is what is going to kill the rr era.

Even here, crickets...
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

Merkin wrote:Like Hansen said, this is the lowest attended home conference opener since the WAC days. That's good enough reason right there to fire him when the university and city have lost faith in the program.
PieceOfMeat wrote: Or if we had a FG unit that could, i don't know, block well enough to kick a FG lol
Or not shank a punt, or keep a kickoff in bounds. You can really tell a program about how they treat special teams.

Dawkins is a pretty bad QB, but you have to blame RichRod for putting him out there and not recruiting anyone better.

When the backup QB on Utah is worlds ahead of the UA starting QB in terms of talent, you just have to shake your head. What happened to taking a unknown untalented QB like BJ Denker and making him a winner?
Bingo. Dawkins' passing is something you only see on HS teams with first-year coaches who struggle to field even an 8-man team.

Not starting for a Power 5 team in Year 6 of a head coach's tenure. The lack of development at the skill positions in this program has been nothing short of appalling.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

CalStateTempe wrote:Like merkin said Fan disinterest is what is going to kill the rr era.

Even here, crickets...
Yep. Even during the worst days of the stoops tenure we were averaging almost 50k a game

prh

Post by prh »

catgrad97 wrote:
Merkin wrote:Like Hansen said, this is the lowest attended home conference opener since the WAC days. That's good enough reason right there to fire him when the university and city have lost faith in the program.

Bingo. Dawkins' passing is something you only see on HS teams with first-year coaches who struggle to field even an 8-man team.

Not starting for a Power 5 team in Year 6 of a head coach's tenure. The lack of development at the skill positions in this program has been nothing short of appalling.
Ha I actually quarterbacked an 8-man team in high school...I can promise QB play at that level is better than what we saw last night. Overthrowing receivers because he doesn't shift his weight would have kept him benched. We were always working on ball position, launch angles, and touch throws, which I feel are closer to fine tuning than fundamental issues like Dawk.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

The plan is in place...
Chicat wrote:When we come back from Boulder with a record of 2-3, then he gets the axe. Let the kids rally around the interim coach for the UCLA game and start the coaching search for real.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Carcassdragger

Post by Carcassdragger »

Disagree. I think he'll be let go after 7th loss.
2020 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2018 BEARDOWN WILDCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
2017 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2013 GOAZCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
OSUCat

Post by OSUCat »

Chicat wrote:The plan is in place...
Chicat wrote:When we come back from Boulder with a record of 2-3, then he gets the axe. Let the kids rally around the interim coach for the UCLA game and start the coaching search for real.
I would be pleasantly surprised if this happened. I’m guessing a 2-4 or 2-5 will be more likely. But those attendance numbers or so bad, I wonder how worse it can get.
Formerly Lynx Rufus.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :roll:
:lol:
whatisee

Post by whatisee »

Frybry02 wrote:
How about that fumble on the 20 yrd line. 4 turnovers. It's on Dawkins shoulders
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

whatisee wrote:
Frybry02 wrote:
How about that fumble on the 20 yrd line. 4 turnovers. It's on Dawkins shoulders
No it's not. It's 100% on our coaches shoulders for not knowing how to recruit or coach and develop talent.

azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

I thought we don't blame student athletes. I know I have heard that before.

It's all on RR and the coaches. Ball security is part of a disciplined program that flows from the head coach.

The team is better this year namely the defense but the offense sucks. He is getting paid a ton of dough and in year 6 he isn't delivering. Me, I would make a change after the season.
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

If you don't bench a guy after 4 turnovers, you are :

(A) a terrible coach
(B) a terrible recruiter
(C) asking to be fired
(D) All of the above
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

Alieberman wrote:If you don't bench a guy after 4 turnovers, you are :

(A) a terrible coach
(B) a terrible recruiter
(C) asking to be fired
(D) All of the above

Or have a bad QB coach that cannot see, recruit or develop talent.
RazorsEdgeAZ

Post by RazorsEdgeAZ »

This on RR. His career is litttered with QB's that are marginal to poor passers but are great, fast runners (and get hurt). That's who he targets. Dawkins is not Matt Scott who RR inherited and this isn't the BE or even the B10. Scott was the 1st QB RR had where his team passed more than run. And that was just barely. RR's teams are largely run heavy offenses. Scott was forced to run but it was his arm which was his primary valued skill that RR was "forced" to leverage. Brandon Dawkins is a good runner and poor passer. THAT'S NO surprise. That's been his profile now for nearly 14 starts. He is as advertised and recruited for.

RR has never had a QB get drafted as a QB. Even Matt Scott made it to the league as a UDFA

This started probably in 2014 (maybe 13') when RR kept recruiting his type of players he has his whole career. Didn't take advantage of winning the South and momentum. RR didn't want to change. He went with what he knows (and believes in). RR has most of his career blamed others (meaning scattered blame except on his offenses). Well now that's caught up to him.

This is the Pac-12. RR's proving you can't use his recruiting player type philosophy and compete. Showed up in the even "slower" B10 when he was there.
Last edited by RazorsEdgeAZ on Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
SirClinks

Post by SirClinks »

The feeling in the stadium was something else last night. Total apathy from the start by the 35K who showed up. It seems pretty clear that RR has checked out on the team and in turn everyone including the fans have checked out on him. He has to go.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Looked like at least 5K of those left before the half too.

Chuck Cecil would make a great interim coach, just not permanent. Maybe that was the plan?

Perhaps Ricky Hunley too. Can't beat 2 of the most beloved Cats from the Desert Swarm days.
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

Merkin wrote:
Yes, and I completely forgot about those last night lol. Sheesh, such piss-poor coaching.
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

OSUCat

Post by OSUCat »

So why would Mason want to leave Vanderbilt?

Vanderbilt 0
Alabama 54

Mason just needs to relocate. While I hope Arizona can get him, Mason needs out of Vanderbilt or could be stuck.
Formerly Lynx Rufus.