General Malaise and Complaining about the Football Program

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Harvey Specter

Re: Fire RR

Post by Harvey Specter »

dc4azcats wrote:
azcat49 wrote:Chief getting nervous that RR might survive? His record and team competitiveness should decide his fate.

It is funny to see him squirm and you can see h I should true colors that he sees no value in a win on the road and can't even find joy in a wildcat win.

True cancer
He should be getting nervous because after last night RR isn't going anywhere. For a number of reasons but last night showed the AD and the Prez what they wanted to see. That's not speculation on my part - they wanted to see that the young talent that RR has amassed - can play. The D has been solid and Tate showed what the offense can do with the right QB. The haters can hate all they want but the bottom line is they're not going to spend the money needed to buy out this staff. Not going to happen. They wanted to see improvement and a future and they've seen it.
Given what we have now learned was going on in the program and AD this past season... and the very widely reported assessment of both Robbins' and Heeke's opinion of RR overall (which is that they both could not stand him or his style), I think we can put to rest the notion that you have some secret insights into the views of the powers-that-be at the University and in the AD.

I have an issue with Chief's style and approach to a lot of things... but those who think he is full of shit and not connected seem to be in hiding.
MrBug708

Re: General Malaise and Complaining about the Football Progr

Post by MrBug708 »

Kinda surprised DC hasn't been posting much. He's a pretty rah-rah, everything is going well poster, and this Sumlin news is a big deal for those kind of posters.
Carcassdragger

Post by Carcassdragger »

Harvey Specter wrote:[quote)

I have an issue with Chief's style and approach to a lot of things... but those who think he is full of shit and not connected seem to be in hiding.

Ok Chief. Whatever you say.
2020 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2018 BEARDOWN WILDCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
2017 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2013 GOAZCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

MrBug708 wrote:Kinda surprised DC hasn't been posting much. He's a pretty rah-rah, everything is going well poster, and this Sumlin news is a big deal for those kind of posters.
I am certainly not one of those types and I am ecstatic... I think most of the realists in our fan base are the ones who are most excited.

The true believers in RR who constantly argued "we will never be able to get someone better than RR" are keeping a low profile because they have egg on their face on a few fronts.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

:roll:
2018 Bear Down Wildcats Conference Championship Challenge Champion
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

carcassdragger wrote:

Another enlightened and insightful take from you, knuckledragger. You nailed it; I am Chief's sock.

I am sorry you are offended that not everyone sticks their nose in the ass of (and in deference to) the powers that be, Your adherence to the G Gordon Liddy school of "loyalty" is cute, albeit misguided.

Chief was not the cancer in our FB program, but shame on him for not looking the other way and staying silent. I am sure in your mind he's no different than than those money grubbing wh*res who cannot laugh off the "boys will be boys" fun and "men in power are to be left alone" deference that you revere so religiously.
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

PHXCATS wrote::roll:
:lol: :lol:
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

Harvey Specter wrote:
dc4azcats wrote:
azcat49 wrote:Chief getting nervous that RR might survive? His record and team competitiveness should decide his fate.

It is funny to see him squirm and you can see h I should true colors that he sees no value in a win on the road and can't even find joy in a wildcat win.

True cancer
He should be getting nervous because after last night RR isn't going anywhere. For a number of reasons but last night showed the AD and the Prez what they wanted to see. That's not speculation on my part - they wanted to see that the young talent that RR has amassed - can play. The D has been solid and Tate showed what the offense can do with the right QB. The haters can hate all they want but the bottom line is they're not going to spend the money needed to buy out this staff. Not going to happen. They wanted to see improvement and a future and they've seen it.
Given what we have now learned was going on in the program and AD this past season... and the very widely reported assessment of both Robbins' and Heeke's opinion of RR overall (which is that they both could not stand him or his style), I think we can put to rest the notion that you have some secret insights into the views of the powers-that-be at the University and in the AD.

Great post Harvey. Thanks.
Carcassdragger

Post by Carcassdragger »

Harvey Specter wrote:
carcassdragger wrote:

Another enlightened and insightful take from you, knuckledragger. You nailed it; I am Chief's sock.

I am sorry you are offended that not everyone sticks their nose in the ass of (and in deference to) the powers that be, Your adherence to the G Gordon Liddy school of "loyalty" is cute, albeit misguided.

Chief was not the cancer in our FB program, but shame on him for not looking the other way and staying silent. I am sure in your mind he's no different than than those money grubbing wh*res who cannot laugh off the "boys will be boys" fun and "men in power are to be left alone" deference that you revere so religiously.

First, I didn't say anything of the sort Harvey. But your misguided approach to trying to make your point by calling names and putting statements in other's mouths does show your insecurity with your opinions and degrades from the issue(s) at hand. Try to get that.

Chief never said anything relating to the allegations which came out in the complaint. He just made it clear the RR dissed him and didn't want him around the program, and most of the predictions he ever makes turn out to be false, and are just attempts at self-aggrandizement on a message board.

Talk about having your nose up somebody's ass. Sheeesh.
2020 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2018 BEARDOWN WILDCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
2017 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2013 GOAZCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

DC absolutely has sourced and insights.

Chief does as well.

The investigation into RR did not start until October so to say someone doesn't know based on a comment in October before the investigation and when Tate was tearing it up is many things non of which are good.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Been awhile since I posted other than in RAP. My wife challenged me to not post for a month as a NY resolution and I accepted the challenge thinking nothing big would happen. Haha, how wrong was that.

First thing first. I owe Chief a big apology. He was accurate about how much of a scum bag and cancer RR was. I was wrong and he was right. Not sad RR is gone though as for me it was just win but I had no idea what A POS he was. That crow was tough to eat all month.

Elated over Sumlin and excited to see the uptick in talent. As Harvey has said its good to have a coach that wants to be here. Heeke did a great job and he and Robbins are a great team.
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

Geeze my wife is glad I have my "sports boards". Then I don't bother her with talking too much about stuff she doesn't care about haha.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Welcome back azcat49.

I was going to mention you in the Missing Posters thread.
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

scumdevils86 wrote:Geeze my wife is glad I have my "sports boards". Then I don't bother her with talking too much about stuff she doesn't care about haha.
+1
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Welcome back dude!
ALASKACAT

Post by ALASKACAT »

azcat49 wrote:Been awhile since I posted other than in RAP. My wife challenged me to not post for a month as a NY resolution and I accepted the challenge thinking nothing big would happen. Haha, how wrong was that.

First thing first. I owe Chief a big apology. He was accurate about how much of a scum bag and cancer RR was. I was wrong and he was right. Not sad RR is gone though as for me it was just win but I had no idea what A POS he was. That crow was tough to eat all month.

Elated over Sumlin and excited to see the uptick in talent. As Harvey has said its good to have a coach that wants to be here. Heeke did a great job and he and Robbins are a great team.
Good to have you back, John! Was worried it was health related.
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

azcat49 wrote:Been awhile since I posted other than in RAP. My wife challenged me to not post for a month as a NY resolution and I accepted the challenge thinking nothing big would happen. Haha, how wrong was that.

Welcome back 49
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Well thx all. It actually was quite fun just reading you all for a month. Amazing how I can now notice how emotional I would get and then reacting with a (stupid) post LOL
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Also, how is tax reform going to affect charitable giving to the wildcat club?

Are those donations no longer tax deductible?
prh

Post by prh »

CalStateTempe wrote:Also, how is tax reform going to affect charitable giving to the wildcat club?

Are those donations no longer tax deductible?
My understanding is that required donations for season tickets won't be deductible anymore. Other donations presumably would still be deductible.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

Harvey Specter wrote:
carcassdragger wrote:

I never looked the other way. Don’t think that everything I do shows up on the board. I blew that whistle hard to all the right and some wrong people.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

No worries buddy. There’s lots to look forward to!
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

chiefzona wrote:
Harvey Specter wrote:
carcassdragger wrote:

I never looked the other way. Don’t think that everything I do shows up on the board. I blew that whistle hard to all the right and some wrong people.
I know... I was being facetious I said "Shame on him".... but I meant "for not looking the other way and staying silent." I respect that.

I've never been a fan of the "turn a blind eye, sit silently in the corner, and defer to the powers that" be approach. But a lot of sheeple are...
3rdand25

Post by 3rdand25 »

What happened to Cordera; has he spoken? Would be nice to get his take on all the recent happenings.
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

3rdand25 wrote:What happened to Cordera; has he spoken? Would be nice to get his take on all the recent happenings.
I have been anxiously awaiting his return so he can share his views on our situation as well.

The anticipation is killing me...
ALASKACAT

Post by ALASKACAT »

Wouldn't it be something if Cordera was actually RichRod?
UAdevil

Post by UAdevil »

ALASKACAT wrote:Wouldn't it be something if Cordera was actually RichRod?
While not projecting brilliance, at least RR was mostly intelligible, unlike cordy.
Love the 've! Stop with the: Would of - Could of - Should of - Must of - Might of
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

it is quite amazing that he hasn't posted or even logged in to the board since pretty much the very moment it was announced that rr was fired.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

cordera's last post on Jan. 2nd was telling Machina that Heeke was not going to fire RR before 11/25/18. It had a shelf life of about 2 and a half hours.
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
prh

Post by prh »

UAEebs86 wrote:cordera's last post on Jan. 2nd was telling Machina that Heeke was not going to fire RR before 11/25/18. It had a shelf life of about 2 and a half hours.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
3rdand25

Post by 3rdand25 »

ALASKACAT wrote:Wouldn't it be something if Cordera was actually RichRod?
OK, let me be a little conspiratorial here.

What kind of name is Cordera. Lets rearrange the letters. Hmm
CRodEra

For all I know, that was an innocent typo on his behalf, fully consistent with most of his postings.

I will give him great credit, though, in the fact that he called a turnaround this year and was right.
CatsbyAZ

Post by CatsbyAZ »

How did ASU manage to outrecruit us AGAIN!?!?!

Happens EVERY F&%#ING YEAR!
“The force behind the movement of time is a mourning that will not be comforted.” author Marilynne Robinson
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

CatsbyAZ wrote:How did ASU manage to outrecruit us AGAIN!?!?!

Because the class sumlin inherited was god awful and he only had 3 weeks to turn it around.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

Antonio Pierce

And Herm having over a month head start on Sumlin

I dont expect that to be the case the next few years.

Sumlin will have his time and Pierce will be hired by a better proram
splitsecond

Post by splitsecond »

PHXCATS wrote:

Antonio Pierce

And Herm having over a month head start on Sumlin

I dont expect that to be the case the next few years.

Sumlin will have his time and Pierce will be hired by a better proram
Can't wait to drop the "traitor" chants on Pierce during the territorial cup. Gonna be fun.