chiefzona

Re: Arizona @ Colorado discussion thread

Post by chiefzona »

Arizona 17
Colorado 28
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

Least I've ever seen anyone or the city of Tucson care about a football game since I've been living here.
azpenguin

Post by azpenguin »

How long is that?
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

scumdevils86 wrote:Least I've ever seen anyone or the city of Tucson care about a football game since I've been living here.
I'll watch it like I always do, but even lost more interest when RichRod announced Dawkins will be the starter.

If RichRod doesn't care, why should we?
MrMeow

Post by MrMeow »

I hope Dawkins is at least getting a piece of RichRod's buyout. He certainly deserves it.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

azpenguin wrote:How long is that?
Lived in Tucson since 04. Followed the team since 01/02.
azpenguin

Post by azpenguin »

scumdevils86 wrote:
azpenguin wrote:How long is that?
Lived in Tucson since 04. Followed the team since 01/02.
Oof, you're just a puppy then.

But you got a road game against a good but non-marquee opponent after a bye week. That's a little extra on top of the current fan apathy. Be curious to see what turnout is like against UCLA if AZ wins. It's not shaping up to be good right now but we'll see.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

I'm more interested if we lose tomorrow. I'll be there against ucla anyway
BearDown89

Post by BearDown89 »

Yeah, I'm setting the DVR on this one to watch later. Gonna hang out with buddies and watch better games first.

My apathy is at an all-time low (or high?) - not sure how that works. Just know that I'd rather get together with the fellas and have fun than sit alone and disgruntled in my man cave watching a game that nobody else gives a shit about.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

BearDown89 wrote:Yeah, I'm setting the DVR on this one to watch later. Gonna hang out with buddies and watch better games first.

My apathy is at an all-time low (or high?) - not sure how that works. Just know that I'd rather get together with the fellas and have fun than sit alone and disgruntled in my man cave watching a game that nobody else gives a shit about.
Exactly how I feel. Having a mini beer/october fest at home with friends tomorrow from about 3p-8p. Probably won't watch much either or just have it on mute in the background.
BearDown89

Post by BearDown89 »

scumdevils86 wrote:
BearDown89 wrote:Yeah, I'm setting the DVR on this one to watch later. Gonna hang out with buddies and watch better games first.

Exactly how I feel. Having a mini beer/october fest at home with friends tomorrow from about 3p-8p. Probably won't watch much either or just have it on mute in the background.
My buddies are very supportive of the Cats as well, both FB and BB, and typically watch with me. I also have two good screens in my man cave so other games can be on, but they don't have to care this much and I don't want to put them through it. Plus, my BFF is a Michigan fan (trust me, he sympathizes on the RR situation and he did indeed "tell me so" 6 years ago) and they play Sparty tomorrow so that's a more important game as far as the gang is concerned.
ALASKACAT

Post by ALASKACAT »

Comparing the strengths and weaknesses of these two foes:

or

The choice is fairly obvious and it taint pretty. Buffaloes run over Wildcats.
meiosis

Post by meiosis »

ALASKACAT wrote:Comparing the strengths and weaknesses of these two foes:

or

All I can see is agility vs cumbersome. cats run over Buffaloes.
Trust me, cats gonna win this game for their coach's fate. Bear down!!!!!
RazorsEdgeAZ

Post by RazorsEdgeAZ »

After bye week, think UA has good shot getting a win today. Needs it to get any chance at bowl game.
3 game stretch that will save RR's job (possible to nab 2 wins next 3 games) or go 0-3, nail in the coffin
MrMeow

Post by MrMeow »

As goes Dawkins, so go the Cats.
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

MrMeow wrote:As goes Dawkins, so go the Cats.

Agree completely

Colorado doesn't quite have the OL or DL that they did last year but they have not dropped off significantly. The single biggest difference between Cu an AZ is that Colorado has a Pro-Style QB (6 foot 5) who can throw the football, while AZ has an option QB who can run the ball quite well but is a very pedestrian passer. If Heeke decides to keep RRod for another year I hope RRod thinks about going the JC route for a drop back passer. The college game long ago evolved away from running QBs.........we need a passing QB.
RazorsEdgeAZ

Post by RazorsEdgeAZ »

UA wins. Let's see if Chief supportive of that.
whatisee

Post by whatisee »

MrMeow wrote:As goes Tate, so go the Cats.
Fixed that for you
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

RazorsEdgeAZ wrote:UA wins. Let's see if Chief supportive of that.
Re should still be fired
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
RazorsEdgeAZ

Post by RazorsEdgeAZ »

chiefzona wrote:Arizona 17
Colorado 28
Nope. UA 45 CU 42. UA won it! I'm happy UA won. Aren't you?
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

RazorsEdgeAZ wrote:
Colorado 28
Everyone's happy that we won, including me. Doesn't mean that we can't still wish for RR to be fired. They aren't mutually exclusive. One game of some feel goods doesn't overwrite 3 years of sucking and a bad direction for the program and bad recruiting.

RazorsEdgeAZ

Post by RazorsEdgeAZ »

ASUHATER! wrote:
RazorsEdgeAZ wrote:
Colorado 28
Everyone's happy that we won, including me. Doesn't mean that we can't still wish for RR to be fired. They aren't mutually exclusive. One game of some feel goods doesn't overwrite 3 years of sucking and a bad direction for the program and bad recruiting.
Everyone?
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

RazorsEdgeAZ wrote:
ASUHATER! wrote:
RazorsEdgeAZ wrote:
Colorado 28
Everyone?
Are you not? I am. Fire RR

ALASKACAT

Post by ALASKACAT »

meiosis wrote:
ALASKACAT wrote:Comparing the strengths and weaknesses of these two foes:

or

All I can see is agility vs cumbersome. cats run over Buffaloes.
Trust me, cats gonna win this game for their coach's fate. Bear down!!!!!

GREAT CALL!

ImageED IT :!:
EVCat

Post by EVCat »

That was amazing...our program badly needed something to rally around. Not only a win but arguably among the most exciting games of a crazy day, with a record-setting performance by a player that is going to be around for a while. While the young defense that had been playing better than expected regressed against some straight up smash-mouth football, Tate and his O Line and WRs (some tremendous up-field blocking by the wideouts) were up to the "match each score" requirement.

I want us to win and I want RichRod to keep his job. I trust the new AD to properly evaluate the position, having no ties to RR. So RichRod keeping his job would be indicative of a successful season. If RR needs to go, I will hold the door open..I am not for him or against him. I am against having to start over if it can be avoided. I am pro-winning. I am proud of this group of kids for playing hard week in and out, being as close as they are to winning each game. They have been derailed by mistakes and have thin margins for error, but they have also been competitive and in the game at all times. The upcoming weeks will be telling, but I will always hope for a performance that saves the coaches job...
MrMeow

Post by MrMeow »

whatisee wrote:
MrMeow wrote:As goes Tate, so go the Cats.
Fixed that for you
Yes sir, and I am happy to be corrected. This has been a pretty good (not great, but pretty good) team, minus one key player. Looks like that one "minus" has been corrected.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Great post and I agree EV.

Loved Tate's performance, and on one hand I fear his running ability is a one trick pony, I am impressed by 11/12 for 150+ yards. Hope he can continue to develop that aspect as defenses lock in on his running.

Just made next weeks game very very interesting.

Question I didn't hang the house flag yesterday; got busy and forgot until right before game time. Do I leave it down for next week too?
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

CalStateTempe wrote:Great post and I agree EV.

Loved Tate's performance, and on one hand I fear his running ability is a one trick pony, I am impressed by 11/12 for 150+ yards. Hope he can continue to develop that aspect as defenses lock in on his running.

Just made next weeks game very very interesting.

Question I didn't hang the house flag yesterday; got busy and forgot until right before game time. Do I leave it down for next week too?
Yes, please do.

We need all the help we can get. :lol:
tgrumpy2

Post by tgrumpy2 »

EVCat wrote:That was amazing...our program badly needed something to rally around. Not only a win but arguably among the most exciting games of a crazy day, with a record-setting performance by a player that is going to be around for a while. While the young defense that had been playing better than expected regressed against some straight up smash-mouth football, Tate and his O Line and WRs (some tremendous up-field blocking by the wideouts) were up to the "match each score" requirement.

I want us to win and I want RichRod to keep his job. I trust the new AD to properly evaluate the position, having no ties to RR. So RichRod keeping his job would be indicative of a successful season. If RR needs to go, I will hold the door open..I am not for him or against him. I am against having to start over if it can be avoided. I am pro-winning. I am proud of this group of kids for playing hard week in and out, being as close as they are to winning each game. They have been derailed by mistakes and have thin margins for error, but they have also been competitive and in the game at all times. The upcoming weeks will be telling, but I will always hope for a performance that saves the coaches job...
Thank you, my thoughts exactly.
MrMeow

Post by MrMeow »

I still don't understand why RichRod continually runs 5'6" 180 lb. J.J. Taylor up the middle. That is right up there with starting Brandon Dawkins, who has proved he can't make good decisions or hit a receiver shorter than 8' Nuts!

I do like that he (finally!) had Zach Green punch in a T.D. from short. Maybe RichRod isn't totally stupid after all, but he's close.

I give no credit to RichRod for the win. If it weren't for the Colorado DB who hit Dawkins out of bounds (hence his injury), you could put last night in the "L" column.