Sat, Oct. 27 Oregon (Homecoming)
Fri, Nov. 2 Colorado
Sat, Nov. 10 BYE
Sat, Nov. 17 at Washington State
Sat, Nov. 24 Arizona State
btfd16

Re: 2018 Arizona Wildcat Football Schedule

Post by btfd16 »

Early reaction: that game against SC could be huge, hate going to Utah on a Friday, late bye but at least we have one.
HaCats

Post by HaCats »

two fairly tough games right out of the shoot. Have to win that first conference game in Corvallis.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Late November game at Wazzu will not be easy either
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

yeah although we have a fairly good setup overall (7 home games; usc, oregon, asu at home) seems like we definitely got the short end of the stick with the order of games and the bye week. we'll always get fucked some way.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

Likes-The Order in which we play teams, No team will have a bye the week before we play them, home games before both Friday games
Dislikes-2 Friday games before the bye, late bye

Pretty middle of the road when all factors considered.
2018 Bear Down Wildcats Conference Championship Challenge Champion
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

We all looking at 6-6? It’s way too early for predictions as things will change but that ain’t no easy schedule.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

chiefzona wrote:We all looking at 6-6? It’s way too early for predictions as things will change but that ain’t no easy schedule.
9-3
2018 Bear Down Wildcats Conference Championship Challenge Champion
RazorsEdgeAZ

Post by RazorsEdgeAZ »

Think it's a good schedule. Pretty damn good.
UA plays same 5 South teams every year. No change year in, year out expect quality of those teams.
USC at Home
ASU at home
7 home game year

Aside from the non-con, the four north teams fluctuate.
No Stanford and Washington
3 of last four games at home. "Only" two of those South teams
Always will have tough road games. Utah, UCLA, Wazzu? Could be (has been) much worse.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

chiefzona wrote:We all looking at 6-6? It’s way too early for predictions as things will change but that ain’t no easy schedule.
14-0
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

I'll just assume we'll be 8-4
btfd16

Post by btfd16 »

I know you claim you're happy when we win, but I am convinced you want Arizona to be mediocre just so you can say "I told you so". There is zero logical reason to suggest this team would regress that much (barring injuries).
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

btfd16 wrote:
I know you claim you're happy when we win, but I am convinced you want Arizona to be mediocre just so you can say "I told you so". There is zero logical reason to suggest this team would regress that much (barring injuries).

Oh ok. Sorry. 12-0 and Natty Champs. There....I fixed it for you.
catinfl

Post by catinfl »

chiefzona wrote:
btfd16 wrote:

Lmao you jump from polar opposites to prove a point every time. Nobody is saying 12-0, but 6-6 seems like a bit on the low side with returning all skill players and almost the whole defense. I don't see how that schedule is any harder than this year and you are 100% happier when Arizona is losing because you get to play the whole I'm right and you're wrong and I know everything about football and predicted this card. Which you LOVE to play.
prh

Post by prh »

azgreg wrote:
14-0
15-0 these days
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

catinfl wrote:
chiefzona wrote:
btfd16 wrote:

Lmao you jump from polar opposites to prove a point every time. Nobody is saying 12-0, but 6-6 seems like a bit on the low side with returning all skill players and almost the whole defense. I don't see how that schedule is any harder than this year and you are 100% happier when Arizona is losing because you get to play the whole I'm right and you're wrong and I know everything about football and predicted this card. Which you LOVE to play.

You can’t look at the teams on the schedule as this year’s teams. Most on that schedule are going to improve as well. There will be changes so waiting until July or August to rethink and predict is a smart thing. I’m actually happier this season because I know Tucson will get stuck with the Rod again. That’s a good thing for me. I don’t play the I’m right and you’re wrong game. I’m just a lowly poster like you. I watch the experts who get paid to predict and foretell screw up and back pedal. They get paid whether they’re right or wrong yet they remain nutless. That’s the fun part for me. Other than that....life is all gravy. Yay for the experts!
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Such a wanna be. Pathetic. You at least have us lowly posters here to address, oh and you're on pre Game radio now. Yey chief
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
btfd16

Post by btfd16 »

chiefzona wrote:
catinfl wrote:
chiefzona wrote:
btfd16 wrote:

You can’t look at the teams on the schedule as this year’s teams. Most on that schedule are going to improve as well. There will be changes so waiting until July or August to rethink and predict is a smart thing. I’m actually happier this season because I know Tucson will get stuck with the Rod again. That’s a good thing for me. I don’t play the I’m right and you’re wrong game. I’m just a lowly poster like you. I watch the experts who get paid to predict and foretell screw up and back pedal. They get paid whether they’re right or wrong yet they remain nutless. That’s the fun part for me. Other than that....life is all gravy. Yay for the experts!
Since you're trying to predict, who will improve more than we will. I'm not saying we will be 12-0. No one is seriously.

USC loses Darnold (maybe), Rojo, Biggie, Cam Smith, Gustin, and more. They will reload and stay competitive.
UCLA loses Rosen, Young, Wadood, maybe coach and more.
Oregon will improve but loses Nelson, Crosby, Freeman, Springs and Robinson.
ASU loses Ballage, Richard, Smallwood, Calhoun, maybe coach and more.
CU loses every skill position except QB.
Utah loses their D line, most OL, Carrington and more.
WSU loses Falk, 3 OL, Morrow, Hercules, and maybe Leach to a new job.

Our main loss is our OL.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

prh wrote:
azgreg wrote:
14-0
15-0 these days
I wanted to see who we'd be seeing in the ship first.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

azgreg wrote:
prh wrote:
azgreg wrote:
14-0
15-0 these days
I wanted to see who we'd be seeing in the ship first.

We want Bama
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
tgrumpy2

Post by tgrumpy2 »

chiefzona wrote:
catinfl wrote:
chiefzona wrote:
btfd16 wrote:

Oh come on now Chief. You're always entertaining and I want you know that up front but sometimes things you say do sound a little silly. You say its to early to make predictions and then make a prediction and then say you're no expert when all you usually do is tell people how much of an expert you are. Not in so many words but you do try to make it clear that well, you just know more than anyone else. Don't stop Chief, I love it when you this stuff. LOL
UALoco

Post by UALoco »

11-1, + P12 champs(beat Oregon for 2nd time), we are 4 seed and lose to Bama in CFPlayoff.

12 - 2.

take it to the bank
OSUCat

Post by OSUCat »

scumdevils86 wrote:Released this morning:

2018 Arizona Football Schedule

Date Opponent
Sat, Sept. 1 BYU
Sat, Sept. 8 at Houston
Sat, Sept. 15 Southern Utah
Sat, Sept. 22 at Oregon State
Sat, Sept. 29 USC
Sat, Oct. 6 California (Family Weekend)
Fri, Oct. 12 at Utah
Sat, Oct. 20 at UCLA
Sat, Oct. 27 Oregon (Homecoming)
Fri, Nov. 2 Colorado
Sat, Nov. 10 BYE
Sat, Nov. 17 at Washington State
Sat, Nov. 24 Arizona State
What an Amazing schedule for Arizona! I love it. Arizona misses Stanford and Washington, while getting USC, Oregon, and ASU at home. The hardest road games are UCLA (who can be very bad again) and WSU. I'm not worried about BYU, and Arizona can beat Houston with Tate. Now this is all based on Tate being healthy, if not Arizona goes 0-12.
Formerly Lynx Rufus.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

That schedule isn't that bad. It's pretty spread out with most of the tougher games at home. 8-4 or 9-3 should be the preseason estimate but if Tate and everyone stay healthy and we actually have improvement on defense we can definitely win more. Anything less is grounds for firing.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

UALoco wrote:11-1, + P12 champs(beat Oregon for 2nd time), we are 4 seed and lose to Bama in CFPlayoff.

12 - 2.

take it to the bank
Strange world you exist in. But sure.
btfd16

Post by btfd16 »

W's: BYU, Houston, SU, OSU, Cal, UCLA, CU
Toss Up: @Utah, Oregon, @WSU, ASU (always)
L's: USC (could be toss up at home, who knows.

Optimistic: 10-2 win the South.

Actual guess: 9-3. Losses to USC, @Utah and one more I don't expect.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

Y’all know that Arizona loses 4 starters on the OL.....right?
btfd16

Post by btfd16 »

chiefzona wrote:Y’all know that Arizona loses 4 starters on the OL.....right?
A lot of ifs but, I think Creason and Eletise should improve and be serviceable. Don't we have a Mich St transfer as well? Bryson Cain would've played (coaches words) had he not gotten hurt. We will be thin. Work in progress. Alsadek will be super hard to replace. Can't blame Boettcher for focusing on his future.
ramcat

Post by ramcat »

Ethridge, Creason started this year, Eletise played as well and is a stud, Mich St. transfer Lukusa who was projected starter at Mich St. at right tackle. Maisen Knight been with the team all year and looks the part.

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/colle ... /97596988/" target="_blank

Eletise and Creason both 4 star recruits with experience this year, combined with Ethridge and Lukusa and Knight, makes it a concern but not too bad. Obviously, if they get an extra year for Friekth that would be huge but this group should be fine. Depth is the concern as usual.