Arizona Coaching Search

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

UofAlum05

Re: Arizona Coaching Search

Post by UofAlum05 »

TatetheGreat wrote:
btfd16 wrote:
TatetheGreat wrote:Why are we paying top dollar for Sumlin? He was just fired for mediocrity and got passed over by every other school. He won't be coaching next season unless we sign him. The risk is multiplied if the contract is outrageous.
We aren't paying top dollar for Sumlin. We are trying to get money for the assistants. Sumlin, from all accounts, is taking a "paycut" so to speak.
The accounting shouldn't be that difficult. We are negotiating with leverage. Either he wants to work for a reasonable deal or not. He and his entire staff just got fired and should come cheap.
He doesn't want to get fired again and his career basically be over. He would need top dollar for asst coaches to ensure that he has every resource to win again.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

No announcement at the team meeting. Rita was there. Yates tried rallying the troops. That’s it.
btfd16

Post by btfd16 »

chiefzona wrote:No announcement at the team meeting. Rita was there. Yates tried rallying the troops. That’s it.
Rita was there??? Interesting.
TatetheGreat

Post by TatetheGreat »

UofAlum05 wrote:
TatetheGreat wrote:
btfd16 wrote:
TatetheGreat wrote:Why are we paying top dollar for Sumlin? He was just fired for mediocrity and got passed over by every other school. He won't be coaching next season unless we sign him. The risk is multiplied if the contract is outrageous.
We aren't paying top dollar for Sumlin. We are trying to get money for the assistants. Sumlin, from all accounts, is taking a "paycut" so to speak.
The accounting shouldn't be that difficult. We are negotiating with leverage. Either he wants to work for a reasonable deal or not. He and his entire staff just got fired and should come cheap.
He doesn't want to get fired again and his career basically be over. He would need top dollar for asst coaches to ensure that he has every resource to win again.
If Heeke is on the phone with donors and trustees making the numbers work, great. If he is negotiating with Sumlin and Mazzone's agents and paying with credit, not good. If money were no object we'd have a new stadium already.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

BMalo wrote:FootballScoop reporting a "TV/media presence" interviewed.

Tony Dungy :lol: Heeke countering Herm the Worm.
TucsonClip

Post by TucsonClip »

TatetheGreat wrote:
If Heeke is on the phone with donors and trustees making the numbers work, great. If he is negotiating with Sumlin and Mazzone's agents and paying with credit, not good. If money were no object we'd have a new stadium already.
I haven't heard anything on where the assistants money is coming from, but you can't just earmark a lump sum from the AD without calculating feasibility first. Going to the top donors each year with your hands out to pay the coaching staff is not viable.
"Plus, why would I go to the NBA? Duke players suck in the pros."

-Shane Battier
SCCats

Post by SCCats »

azgreg wrote:CEO.
Feels like we could find a less expensive one that $3M (or so) a year
SCCats

Post by SCCats »

ChooChooCat wrote:
SCCats wrote:
Irish27 wrote:
Kinda rhetorical question is: if we have Mazzone as our OC and are keeping Yates as the DC, what do we need Sumlin for?

Mazonne is running the offense, Yates is running the defense, and Sumlin is....
Recruiting all the talent.
Ohhh, is that what he's going to be doing? He's going to be out on the high school stadium trail pressing the flesh and sealing the deals?

Feels like we could pick up some Dontae type recruiters for less than $3M a year; what, about $300K a piece?
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

Out of curiosity I just made a quick comparison of RRod vs. Sumlin in 3 categories: Recruiting, Total Offense, and Total defense
for the period 2012-2017 (All national rankings). The average results for this period are given below:

Recruiting, Total Offense, Total Defense

RRod 42.2 , 26.3, 106.5

Sumlin 12, 27.8, 80

The results would suggest that Sumlin is very much like RRod ........good offense, bad defense. Sumlin does recruit better, but
few would suggest that its easier to recruit to AZ vs. A&M. The scariest thing about the numbers is that Sumlins offense was slightly
inferior to RRods (even with much better recruiting) and his defense was only modestly better.

In other words, Sumlin did less with more.

The primary concern I would have with a Sumlin hire is not who he hires for an offensive coordinator......it would be who would run
his defense. Can Yates improve on his defensive #'s over the past two years???

Count me in the group that isn't that excited about a possible Sumlin hire.
Last edited by dmjcat on Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
UALoco

Post by UALoco »

I just want us to make the announcement already so we can watch the season ticket orders roll in. Am I right? :lol:
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

SCCats wrote:
ChooChooCat wrote:
SCCats wrote:
Irish27 wrote:
Kinda rhetorical question is: if we have Mazzone as our OC and are keeping Yates as the DC, what do we need Sumlin for?

Recruiting all the talent.
Ohhh, is that what he's going to be doing? He's going to be out on the high school stadium trail pressing the flesh and sealing the deals?

Feels like we could pick up some Dontae type recruiters for less than $3M a year; what, about $300K a piece?
Lol I wasn't serious.
mofo

Post by mofo »

dmjcat wrote:In other words, Sumlin did less with more.
A&M achieved your stats with an avg SOS of 19 while AZ’s avg was #40 over those years. So you could also argue he did the same against markedly tougher competition. How do you think RR’s stats would be different if UA played A&M’s schedule during that timeframe, or vice versa?
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

Forgive me if my recollection is incorrect, but weren't you a bit DickRod apologist until the recent news?

Considering what we paid the previous dickhead who went 6-18 in a (then) dogshit B1G... Sumlin for $3MM looks like a tremendous bargain.
Bangkok Wildcat

Post by Bangkok Wildcat »

Harvey Specter wrote:
Forgive me if my recollection is incorrect, but weren't you a bit DickRod apologist until the recent news?

Considering what we paid the previous dickhead who went 6-18 in a (then) dogshit B1G... Sumlin for $3MM looks like a tremendous bargain.
Agreed on Sumlin...he’s a potential game changer for the program. The SEC is so much stronger than the P12 (especially this year) and the other conferences it’s ridiculous IMO. He brought in some serious talent to A&M and I’d bet he would have torn up the Big 12 but damn, the SEC is tough and the Aggies who were always serious about football ramped it up a few notches in money and expectations having finally been promoted from the Big 12 to the SEC.

Not sure what went wrong but the drama with their talented QBs post Heisman Winner Johnny ‘Football’ Manziel didn’t help.....and if Manziel is any indication then some serious personality issues led to transfers....even then he landed incoming quality. I wonder what the average coach life expectancy is in the SEC but they are in a different level than the P12 that’s for sure.

We’d be damned lucky to get Sumlin and now is the perfect time IMHO. Bear Down.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Gilbertcat

Post by Gilbertcat »

He has a great gig so let's keep him on TV
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

azgreg wrote:

I heard that last week. I personally don't think it's an option, just a formality.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

btfd16 wrote:

aTm paid Sumlin over $10m don't think he needs the money
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

Merkin wrote:
btfd16 wrote:

aTm paid Sumlin over $10m don't think he needs the money
Let's be real. No one is gonna take much less than market value unless they have lottery type money. Sumlin may take a very small discount but nothing material
2018 Bear Down Wildcats Conference Championship Challenge Champion
RondaeShimmy

Post by RondaeShimmy »

Sumlin is taking a "pay cut" from $5 million to $3 million, which is what he got when he first arrived at Texas A&M

http://www.espn.com/college-football/st ... -year-deal" target="_blank

COLLEGE STATION, Texas -- Texas A&M's board of regents approved coach Kevin Sumlin's new six-year contract during a special telephonic meeting Thursday, and the deal includes a handsome raise and a hefty buyout for the sixth-year coach.

The school announced that Sumlin's salary has been elevated to $5 million, up from the $3.1 million annual salary from the contract he signed in January on the heels of the Aggies' 11-2 debut season in the SEC.
Last edited by RondaeShimmy on Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
MountainCat

Post by MountainCat »

RondaeShimmy wrote:Sumlin is taking a "pay cut" from $5 million to $3 million
Yeah, but my guess is that "Oil Money Stocks" are being thrown his way also much like with the past coach (a name which we will not speak of). It will pay off in five years if he stays long enough.
No Bandwagon Here! Always a Cat!
TX AGGIE

Post by TX AGGIE »

HaCats wrote:Thanks Aggie. What was the deal with the quarterbacks all leaving? Fluke or something systemic?
This was a very odd situation for us. Kyler Murray was a A&M legacy and the #1 player in the state. If Sumlin didn't take him, we would have lost our minds. In hindsight, he was a massive prima donna and locker room cancer. Kyle Allen was constantly having to look over his shoulder and never really felt like he was the true leader. Sumlin did miss manage this a bit but the fault is not entirely his. "We" as a fan base thought he was the next Johnny, what we didn't know is how Kyler had split the locker room. In the end, the Team actually packed his bags for him and told him to leave. That's why we had both QB's transfer one right after the other. Kenny Hill lost the team when he got hammered the night before the team left for Bama..................this was the game where we got blown out 59-0.
TX AGGIE

Post by TX AGGIE »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
TX AGGIE wrote:Howdy Wildcats! Please let me say that I am in NO way here to troll! I was a strong Sumlin supporter and I believe that if he lands at Arizona, y'all are getting one hell of a coach. Chief has already signed with the Razorbacks, but trust me, he would not have fit in the PAC12. Not sure about Mazzone, but he would be a good fit. there is also a chance that he may bring Jeff Banks with him, he was our interim HC and by far our best recruiter (think Allen and Kirk). He will also bring McKinney (RBs) good recruiter with solid Houston ties and a good coach. Not sure about the rest, Turner, Cooper and Moorehead,

Y'all have one great QB out there, and Sumlin will take him to new heights for sure. If Sumlin does in deed lead your program, get ready, he's gonna take off!

If anyone has any questions about him please fire away, I would be more than happy to add any insight at all.
Hi. Full disclosure, I've posted stuff not entirely being convinced on Sumlin earlier, although I do like him better than some other names that have surfaced.

My question would be how you assess the reason he was fired? It seems like A&M wasn't happy with .500 or slightly under in the SECW. What factors do you think went into that performance level? Assuming from your praise you think Sumlin is better at Arizona, what do you think works out better for him here?
Sumlin style offensive style is a perfect fit for the PAC12. All power 5 conferences really have their own brand of football. I believe l that the PAC 12 is a combination of SEC and BIG 12. SEC is a power run league, trench league if you will, BIG 12 is basketball on grass. When I look at teams like USC, Stanford, Utah WU I see these philosophies. What killed Sumlin was loosing so many coaches early, and a couple of "bad hires" that didn't fit our program or our league. Sumlin at Arizona would be a monster. I believe he will bring an SEC style approach , he will dominate in the trenches, and then open up the Offense. The combination of Sumlin and Tate would be absolutely scary, what I'm saying is, I think you could realistically be looking at 9-3 10-2 type season.

The only two games that I believe Sumlin would have trouble with next year would be USC and UCLA. With the returning talent you already have on campus and with what he can recruit y'all would head to the top of the PAC very quickly. I have been a fan of Arizona ever since y'all wiped the floor with Miami in the bowl game............still one of my favorite beat downs to this day.
azpenguin

Post by azpenguin »

TX AGGIE wrote:I have been a fan of Arizona ever since y'all wiped the floor with Miami in the bowl game............still one of my favorite beat downs to this day.
OK, you can stay. :mrgreen:
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

The more and more I think of the Neuheisel thing the more and more I laugh. Heeke lost his leverage with that one. I’m slowly losing my confidence in Heeke. Hope he pulls a rabbit out.
TX AGGIE

Post by TX AGGIE »

3goggles wrote:
Macho Grande wrote:Well, that's it boys. Looks like ol' Rob Whatshisname here got the the scoop on everybody...
Please tell me this shit is not happening!!!
Neal Brown is a solid up and coming coach, I believe you would have some growing pains with him. Sumlin would make an immediate impact. He already recruits the region so you would have an immediate impact on the recruiting trail. Neal Brown has been in Alabama so he has no ties to the SW.

Recruiting is life blood of college football, and Sumlin is an outstanding recruiter.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

Neal Brown is Rich Rod 2.0. Been there and done that for 6 years. No thanks.
TX AGGIE

Post by TX AGGIE »

mofo wrote:
dmjcat wrote:In other words, Sumlin did less with more.
A&M achieved your stats with an avg SOS of 19 while AZ’s avg was #40 over those years. So you could also argue he did the same against markedly tougher competition. How do you think RR’s stats would be different if UA played A&M’s schedule during that timeframe, or vice versa?
What really killed us was our DL depth. We got really lucky in 12, no injuries but we were a senior laden team. Also, 7v7 has really hurt Texas HS football, we just don't have the physicality to match up with the deep south boys and their brand of smash mouth football. Sumlin go some great recruits, but the time it takes to get them ready for SEC pay just takes time. Our 13 class was an absolute bust, by the time we got to 16/17 seasons we only 2 players from that class still on the team. We lost a couple to off the field issues, but mostly we lost the rest to career ending injuries and attrition.

Give Sumlin a reset button and watch out, he will absolutely flip recruits from USC and UCLA, also, he'll bring in skill position players from Texas. A lot of Texas HS players are wanting to leave the state, t.u. is down and will remain down so you can certainly strike while the iron is hot!
TX AGGIE

Post by TX AGGIE »

chiefzona wrote:Neal Brown is Rich Rod 2.0. Been there and done that for 6 years. No thanks.
Agree 100%! Solid coach, but not the best fit for Y'all!
TX AGGIE

Post by TX AGGIE »

I know this is a bit off topic, but will someone explain "Bear Down" to me? I don't understand the correlation with y'all being the Wildcats. Thanks.
OSUCat

Post by OSUCat »

Thanks for the info TX Aggie.

Bear Down. In 1926 John “Button” Salmon, Starting QB and student body president, was severely injured in a car accident. Football coach, Pop McKale, visited every day. Buttons last message to his team before he died was to “tell them to Bear Down.” The coach told the players the message and won the game against NMU.
Formerly Lynx Rufus.
Gilbertcat

Post by Gilbertcat »

What he said :) So many coaching options now.
TX AGGIE

Post by TX AGGIE »

Gilbertcat wrote:
TX AGGIE wrote:I know this is a bit off topic, but will someone explain "Bear Down" to me? I don't understand the correlation with y'all being the Wildcats. Thanks.
Short version, its an old saying. A popular athlete got into an accident and before he died at the hospital, it told the coach to tell the team to "Bear Down" and win. So Bear Down isnt about bears but staying smart and giving it your all.
Ahh, got it. Thanks for sharing. I had never heard that. That's pretty special and I can certainty appreciate it. Thanks and Gig'em........and Bear Down!
DrWildcat

Post by DrWildcat »

I'm with chief on Neuheisel. It has to be a joke. Talk about a bad retread hire.
TX AGGIE

Post by TX AGGIE »

DrWildcat wrote:I'm with chief on Neuheisel. It has to be a joke. Talk about a bad retread hire.
Neuheisal would be a bust at Arizona! I hope this isn't true.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

TX AGGIE wrote:
Gilbertcat wrote:
TX AGGIE wrote:I know this is a bit off topic, but will someone explain "Bear Down" to me? I don't understand the correlation with y'all being the Wildcats. Thanks.
Short version, its an old saying. A popular athlete got into an accident and before he died at the hospital, it told the coach to tell the team to "Bear Down" and win. So Bear Down isnt about bears but staying smart and giving it your all.
Ahh, got it. Thanks for sharing. I had never heard that. That's pretty special and I can certainty appreciate it. Thanks and Gig'em........and Bear Down!
John “Button” Salmon - http://www.arizonawildcats.com/sports/2 ... 36191.aspx" target="_blank

Pre-dates the “Win one for The Gipper” speech AND was stolen by the Chicago Bears (with permission of course).
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

DrWildcat wrote:I'm with chief on Neuheisel. It has to be a joke. Talk about a bad retread hire.
It’s a search. Lots of names are going to surface.

Plus if we have to go with Plan C, the underlying sentiment will be “count your blessings, it could have been Neuhweasel.”
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Legend of course, already been said just more on it:

Used to be where men's basketball was played. I used to play volleyball there when I was a student, now it's offices.

TX AGGIE

Post by TX AGGIE »

SCCats wrote:
Irish27 wrote:

POWERHOUSE RECRUITING!!!! He will absolutely go toe-to-toe with every major program in the nation. I think he could consistently bring in top 15 classes every year for y'all.
TX AGGIE

Post by TX AGGIE »

Merkin wrote:Legend of course, already been said just more on it:

Used to be where men's basketball was played. I used to play volleyball there when I was a student, now it's offices.

That's great stuff right there! Thanks for sharing!
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

TX AGGIE wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:
TX AGGIE wrote:Howdy Wildcats! Please let me say that I am in NO way here to troll! I was a strong Sumlin supporter and I believe that if he lands at Arizona, y'all are getting one hell of a coach. Chief has already signed with the Razorbacks, but trust me, he would not have fit in the PAC12. Not sure about Mazzone, but he would be a good fit. there is also a chance that he may bring Jeff Banks with him, he was our interim HC and by far our best recruiter (think Allen and Kirk). He will also bring McKinney (RBs) good recruiter with solid Houston ties and a good coach. Not sure about the rest, Turner, Cooper and Moorehead,

Y'all have one great QB out there, and Sumlin will take him to new heights for sure. If Sumlin does in deed lead your program, get ready, he's gonna take off!

If anyone has any questions about him please fire away, I would be more than happy to add any insight at all.
Hi. Full disclosure, I've posted stuff not entirely being convinced on Sumlin earlier, although I do like him better than some other names that have surfaced.

My question would be how you assess the reason he was fired? It seems like A&M wasn't happy with .500 or slightly under in the SECW. What factors do you think went into that performance level? Assuming from your praise you think Sumlin is better at Arizona, what do you think works out better for him here?
Sumlin style offensive style is a perfect fit for the PAC12. All power 5 conferences really have their own brand of football. I believe l that the PAC 12 is a combination of SEC and BIG 12. SEC is a power run league, trench league if you will, BIG 12 is basketball on grass. When I look at teams like USC, Stanford, Utah WU I see these philosophies. What killed Sumlin was loosing so many coaches early, and a couple of "bad hires" that didn't fit our program or our league. Sumlin at Arizona would be a monster. I believe he will bring an SEC style approach , he will dominate in the trenches, and then open up the Offense. The combination of Sumlin and Tate would be absolutely scary, what I'm saying is, I think you could realistically be looking at 9-3 10-2 type season.

The only two games that I believe Sumlin would have trouble with next year would be USC and UCLA. With the returning talent you already have on campus and with what he can recruit y'all would head to the top of the PAC very quickly. I have been a fan of Arizona ever since y'all wiped the floor with Miami in the bowl game............still one of my favorite beat downs to this day.
Thank you for responding. Like I said, I'm not necessarily hyped about someone who was recently fired, but among the "retread" category, Sumlin is probably the best option (if Miles is the biggest name due to NC).

The biggest question I have about Sumlin's potential here revolves around his ability to recruit. Arizona has a lot fewer resources vs A&M, including the fact that most in state talent is out of Phoenix and ASU has a leg up there. I know Sumlin had a good rep at A&M, but Arizona has much less of a base to utilize.
prh

Post by prh »

Love Bear Down Gym, bummed they had to turn it into offices/academic but I understand why. Cool thing, I played in the last (intramural) basketball game played there before it converted.

About Brown, I don't want another gimmick offense. The nascar tempo is great in G5 but I want something standard in P5. Gimmicks don't work for very long at the top level.
RondaeShimmy

Post by RondaeShimmy »

Sarkisian and Neuhisel were both apparently pushing hard for the job
TX AGGIE

Post by TX AGGIE »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
TX AGGIE wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:

Thank you for responding. Like I said, I'm not necessarily hyped about someone who was recently fired, but among the "retread" category, Sumlin is probably the best option (if Miles is the biggest name due to NC).

The biggest question I have about Sumlin's potential here revolves around his ability to recruit. Arizona has a lot fewer resources vs A&M, including the fact that most in state talent is out of Phoenix and ASU has a leg up there. I know Sumlin had a good rep at A&M, but Arizona has much less of a base to utilize.
I certainly understand your concerns, but this is what Sumlin will bring to Arizona. He WILL absolutely take Arizona to new recruiting heights. He is very well liked and respected in Texas, he also has ties in Southern California, so he will take recruits from USC and UCLA, not all of them, but he will get some. Also with the Herm hire over at asu, I can tell you, he will own them! He will lock down Phoenix and Tucson players and you'll see him go into Texas, Louisiana even Florida. He will take Arizona nationally.

You do not want Miles, he was great at a lsu because they owned the state..................literally!!! He would be a bust a Zona!

Also, I hope y'all destroy the devils every year! Can't stand that fan base! We played them a few years back on opening weekend, wow they are a bunch of pompous a-holes! I took my R&R (deployed in Africa) to attend that game! So glad we beat them and I hope y'all do the same every year!!!!!!!!!!!

The shit show over at that other school is going to be fun to watch, I think y'all are in a great position to set them back a decade!
btfd16

Post by btfd16 »

Heeke is in over his head. In any normal search, BB and Neal Brown would be fine hires. They still may. The problem was all the rumors about Sumlin. Now, if it is anyone but Sumlin, and they fail? Heeke's gone. If it's Sumlin and he doesn't live up to expectations? I think he can survive that.

If it does end up being Neuheisel? Fire him before he lands from wherever he interviewed him.
TX AGGIE

Post by TX AGGIE »

btfd16 wrote:Heeke is in over his head. In any normal search, BB and Neal Brown would be fine hires. They still may. The problem was all the rumors about Sumlin. Now, if it is anyone but Sumlin, and they fail? Heeke's gone. If it's Sumlin and he doesn't live up to expectations? I think he can survive that.

If it does end up being Neuheisel? Fire him before he lands from wherever he interviewed him.
Did anyone notice Sumlin wearing a Blue 1/4 zip on the coaches show...........................just sayin! He doesn't do anything without a purpose!
hope to hear y'all announce him soon! I know a ton of Ags who are really hoping he lands there!
HaCats

Post by HaCats »

I too am starting to get nervous, I had yesterday circled on the calendar and this is starting to feel like it's taking too long and we don't have the coin. If Heeke truly does want Sumlin, it will be amazing to me that we don't have some donors stepping up to cover the difference with the assistants.
RondaeShimmy

Post by RondaeShimmy »

http://footballscoop.com/the-scoop/" target="_blank

Arizona: We alluded to this last night and are continuing to hear today that Rick Neuheisel is very much in play for the Arizona head job. Stay tuned…

Here's yesterday's footballscoop

Arizona: Sources tell FootballScoop a number of coaches have been asked to interview over the past few days including Kevin Sumlin, Neal Brown, Mark Helfrich, Jedd Fisch, Marcel Yates, Beau Baldwin & another former coach who currently is a TV / media presence. We hear a decision is expected in the coming days. Will update as more is clear.

:lol:

fuck me
DrWildcat

Post by DrWildcat »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:

It's completely logical to think that Sumlin would have a harder time recruiting to AZ compared to A&M. However, would you expect any of the other mentioned candidates to recruit as well/better than Sumlin?
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

TX AGGIE wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:
TX AGGIE wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:

I certainly understand your concerns, but this is what Sumlin will bring to Arizona. He WILL absolutely take Arizona to new recruiting heights. He is very well liked and respected in Texas, he also has ties in Southern California, so he will take recruits from USC and UCLA, not all of them, but he will get some. Also with the Herm hire over at asu, I can tell you, he will own them! He will lock down Phoenix and Tucson players and you'll see him go into Texas, Louisiana even Florida. He will take Arizona nationally.

You do not want Miles, he was great at a lsu because they owned the state..................literally!!! He would be a bust a Zona!

Also, I hope y'all destroy the devils every year! Can't stand that fan base! We played them a few years back on opening weekend, wow they are a bunch of pompous a-holes! I took my R&R (deployed in Africa) to attend that game! So glad we beat them and I hope y'all do the same every year!!!!!!!!!!!

The shit show over at that other school is going to be fun to watch, I think y'all are in a great position to set them back a decade!
Well, it's going to be really hard for me to disagree with you if you're going to talk about ASU like that. :D. Shrewdly played.