Arizona Coaching Search

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

btfd16

Re: Arizona Coaching Search

Post by btfd16 »

azgreg wrote:
Longhorned wrote:I think you’re all drunk.
Working on it.
Ditto
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

UAEebs86 wrote:
FlyonWall wrote:All I know is Chiefzona was the one who had information regarding our AD talking to Sumlin, BEFORE Richrod was fired. So all I really want to know is who Chief thinks will be the coach?

Follow him on Twitter. He's afraid if he posts it here Scheer will steal it. :D
Not a surprise... I have had my issue s with Chief but I am quite convinced he knows his shot and is infinitely more credible than Scheer (or any other fan website moderator). He has been correct about a LOT of shit.

If I want to read the position of the Arizona AD, I’d read their press releases. Paying for a premium subscription (which I was stupid enough to do for many years) like paying to listen to advertising.

They are a corporation’s HR org that tries to pass itself off as an independent watchdog free press.
Sid

Post by Sid »

Harvey Specter wrote:
UAEebs86 wrote:
FlyonWall wrote:All I know is Chiefzona was the one who had information regarding our AD talking to Sumlin, BEFORE Richrod was fired. So all I really want to know is who Chief thinks will be the coach?

Not a surprise... I have had my issue s with Chief but I am quite convinced he knows his shot and is infinitely more credible than Scheer (or any other fan website moderator). He has been correct about a LOT of shit.

If I want to read the position of the Arizona AD, I’d read their press releases. Paying for a premium subscription (which I was stupid enough to do for many years) like paying to listen to advertising.

They are a corporation’s HR org that tries to pass itself off as an independent watchdog free press.
Chief knows his shit! What is happening is Heeke going Jedi and throwing names out that will cause Arizona nation fits. All about getting the boosters to front the coin for Sumlin.

Relax...
FlyonWall

Post by FlyonWall »

Harvey Specter wrote:
UAEebs86 wrote:

You are so right about the fan website moderators. I actually have some good inside insight into the program, but for personal reasons I keep it to myself. But what it does give me is a way to gauge how "inside" a lot of the information that is posted actually is. And what I see is the fan website moderators taking a small nugget of information given to them at a press briefing, and then expanding that nugget into an entire storyline with supposed position analysis, as if based on their own deep understanding of the individual players and depth chart battles. But there are many times, for whatever unknown reason, that the nuggets given by the team, upon which the storyline is expanded, is actually not what is really going on in the closed practices. It is in these cases that I realized how little actual knowledge goes into these stories and how much they are just rehashing and expanding on the nuggets.
btfd16

Post by btfd16 »

btfd16 wrote:The rumors of booster hold up are true, but more related to recruiting budgets, timeline for indoor, stadium upgrades etc. Staff is a part of it but not the main part.
Heeke knows what we want. He isn’t dumb. Now it just comes down to how much do the boosters really want him. He’s not taking the job if he doesn’t feel he can be successful. It’s not about the money for him, it’s the money for surroundings.
3rdand25

Post by 3rdand25 »

Harvey Specter wrote:
UAEebs86 wrote:

well, i'd guess that since the gb arrival (maybe before?) the athletic dept has a strategy of controlling the social media/online narrative, once you hit a nerve with someone you will know about it. With cozy access, career back and forths, etc, its wholly dependent, not independent
BMalo

Post by BMalo »

Thanks for the edit btfd-- clears it up a bit.

This is a good example of what many have said (not me, btw) of what it takes to bring in a winner. Cash for staff, not practicing on a baseball field, not having football offices in a basketball arena.

Some of that has changed but there is much $$ needed to get us there. Much more beyond just season ticket $$.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

UALoco wrote:In 2023, New Years day is a Sunday, does that mean KN won't coach if we make a bowl?
I know this is meant as a joke but when NYD is a Sunday the bowls that are played on NYD are played on January 2nd
2018 Bear Down Wildcats Conference Championship Challenge Champion
FlyonWall

Post by FlyonWall »

What do you suppose the boosters get out of donating the $ millions to build stadium upgrades, practice field upgrades, coach buyouts, and coach retention packages? Rich people are not always that altruistic. I sort of understand if you get naming rights like the Lowell-Stevens facility, but still not really. Is it access to hob nob with the AD and coach? Is it impressing your other rich friends with how much you have to donate? It isn't like the donors make a big show in public about these donations (like I would if I gave away so much).
Sid

Post by Sid »

FlyonWall wrote:What do you suppose the boosters get out of donating the $ millions to build stadium upgrades, practice field upgrades, coach buyouts, and coach retention packages? Rich people are not always that altruistic. I sort of understand if you get naming rights like the Lowell-Stevens facility, but still not really. Is it access to hob nob with the AD and coach? Is it impressing your other rich friends with how much you have to donate? It isn't like the donors make a big show in public about these donations (like I would if I gave away so much).
Tax write off’s.
FlyonWall

Post by FlyonWall »

Sid wrote:
FlyonWall wrote:What do you suppose the boosters get out of donating the $ millions to build stadium upgrades, practice field upgrades, coach buyouts, and coach retention packages? Rich people are not always that altruistic. I sort of understand if you get naming rights like the Lowell-Stevens facility, but still not really. Is it access to hob nob with the AD and coach? Is it impressing your other rich friends with how much you have to donate? It isn't like the donors make a big show in public about these donations (like I would if I gave away so much).
Tax write off’s.
That may lessen the financial impact, but they still have to give away their money to get the write-off. There must be something more. Not saying it is anything wrong, just trying to understand why they are always expected to be ready and able to drop some dough when called upon? If I had excessive cash, and I am sitting at home sipping mimosa's, and the AD calls and says UA needs a few million for an indoor practice facility, I am thinking OK, and what is in it for me?
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

There are a lot of business deals that are initiated in stadium suites, on sidelines, at banquets, etc.

There is also the prestige among other wealthy alums and/or Tucson residents that comes with being able to write that check, and the perks that come along with it.

There are also those people who just love the university and the sports programs so much that buying a ticket or some merchandise just isn’t nearly enough to show the gratitude they have for the joy they’ve experienced. I give a little ...... but if I was mega rich I’d give a boatload. No perks necessary.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Sid

Post by Sid »

Chicat wrote:There are a lot of business deals that are initiated in stadium suites, on sidelines, at banquets, etc.

There is also the prestige among other wealthy alums and/or Tucson residents that comes with being able to write that check, and the perks that come along with it.

There are also those people who just love the university and the sports programs so much that buying a ticket or some merchandise just isn’t nearly enough to show the gratitude they have for the joy they’ve experienced. I give a little ...... but if I was mega rich I’d give a boatload. No perks necessary.
Gratitude for writing a “War and Peace” reply to what I posted.
UofAlum05

Post by UofAlum05 »

Chicat wrote:There are a lot of business deals that are initiated in stadium suites, on sidelines, at banquets, etc.

I give $50 a month to the WildCat Club. A few years ago I was put on the top premier booster level list by mistake. Next thing I know I was at Hollywood Hills House party with Sean Miller, court side seats to NCAA tournament games show up in my email inbox, etc. It was the best year of my life before the error was caught.

I'm not joking either. I hooked 97Cats up with front row seats for the Sweet 16 game against Ohio St. I remember him saying, "I have a major booster friend that wants to know how the F you got on the top tier list."
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Sid wrote:

Gratitude for writing a “War and Peace” reply to what I posted.
War & Peace is only five sentences?? I guess I should take 30 seconds and read it one of these days...
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
lunchpailguy

Post by lunchpailguy »

jimson wrote:
lunchpailguy wrote:Jimson..settle down. Gilbert ain't wrong to assume kn and the tri op will ensue. If you think otherwise off "reportts" paul johnson would like a word with you. But both of you should quit flaming and will finally agree. BB Will allow KT to flourish. Win win! As in baldwin!
The closest thing I have heard is that KN will adjust his system to the talent we have here.

I don't know if it's a huge stretch from triple option to read option.

You better be right about Baldwin or you are going to look quite foolish.
Yes. I understand that. However, it isn't too far a stretch to the high probability that if it isn't the fan favorite that looks like KS....and things are going slowly, like high stakes poker, if the AD goes all in and loses it's BB. But if he hits on the river....KS.
BMalo

Post by BMalo »

Bruce Feldman reporting, per sources, Ken Nuimatalolo staying at Navy and no longer considering the HC position at Arizona.
BearDown89

Post by BearDown89 »

Merkin

Post by Merkin »

BearDown89 wrote:
Fixed.
BearDown89

Post by BearDown89 »

Merkin wrote:
BearDown89 wrote:
Fixed.
Thanks Merk. Always tricky on my phone.
OSUCat

Post by OSUCat »

Well, that shouldn't have happened.
Formerly Lynx Rufus.
lunchpailguy

Post by lunchpailguy »

The thing about tri option football is that it is a good system to keep your team competitive in games when you have limited options in recruiting. The fact that if you run TO then you will have a difficult time recruiting premier players. QB wants to QB in a scheme that makes them attractive to the nfl. Not come and be a glorified RB. That said, I do believe KN would not bring a true TO and he would be a fine coach. And as Jimson said (at the risk of looking foolish) I just don't think things are at Sunday already with KN on board. If the pot is right cats will be happy. If it's not they'll be happy too but only after BB is up and running and winning games.
RondaeShimmy

Post by RondaeShimmy »

Of course we get turned down by the Navy coach
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

We are Tennessee!!! No one wants this shitty job.
OSUCat

Post by OSUCat »

Merkin wrote:We are Tennessee!!! No one wants this shitty job.
We are not that bad yet, they were publicly denied by like 3 or 4 coaches. But, we could be soon...
Formerly Lynx Rufus.
RondaeShimmy

Post by RondaeShimmy »

We're going to end up with interim head coach Yates aren't we
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

What made Heeke think he could land a devout Mormon who had already turned down BYU?
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

There is a reason you never pay for premium.

All of these Arizona "Insiders" are just as clueless as the rest of us. They don't know anything.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Alieberman wrote:There is a reason you never pay for premium.

All of these Arizona "Insiders" are just as clueless as the rest of us. They don't know anything.

I let my subscription lapse awhile back (originally signed up on a special) and resisted Scheer's latest 3 for 1 offer. Thanks for confirming I did the right thing.

Wish we could get a few of the old posters from there over here (Winger, SalimsHeadband, DCCat,etc.)
-JB
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Any ideas who?

-JB
RondaeShimmy

Post by RondaeShimmy »

UAEebs86 wrote:Any ideas who?

The Syracuse guy?
Good For You

Post by Good For You »

Merkin wrote:We are Tennessee!!! No one wants this shitty job.
Truth. Heck, our last two head coaches didn't want it once they had it a few years.
Lando05

Post by Lando05 »

True, I'm really thinking of canceling Scheer has been a joke during this process and an asshole imo when given constructive feedback. The "insider websites" don't have any info, infact I only like the other site because 97cats and Winger used to post there a lot and do a podcast from time to time. Now with out any of that, i don't really see the value the other sites add, when we have a much better community here.
Postmaster

Post by Postmaster »

This job wrecks your marriage.

Tomey, stoops and rrod
ramcat

Post by ramcat »

Salavea, Babers, Dykes
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

ramcat wrote:Salavea, Babers, Dykes

Dykes just took SMU.
-JB
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Hard pass
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
Postmaster

Post by Postmaster »

Lando05 wrote:

True, I'm really thinking of canceling Scheer has been a joke during this process and an asshole imo when given constructive feedback. The "insider websites" don't have any info, infact I only like the other site because 97cats and Winger used to post there a lot and do a podcast from time to time. Now with out any of that, i don't really see the value the other sites add, when we have a much better community here.
You get Tiangle and Too's witty word play.
DrWildcat

Post by DrWildcat »

Merkin wrote:
BearDown89 wrote:
Fixed.
Not that I'm really complaining but it seems like he consistently turns down opportunities to leave Navy. I guess he will probably retire from there. Maybe it has something to do with programs telling him that he must change his offense that he has run forever. Seems like a recipe for failure.
RondaeShimmy

Post by RondaeShimmy »

Seth Littrell or the Syracuse head coach is my guess
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

Just get on the phone with Shay Binion and let's end this.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

RondaeShimmy wrote:Seth Littrell or the Syracuse head coach is my guess

Jeff Casteel!
-JB
DrWildcat

Post by DrWildcat »

My faith in Heeke is pretty low at this point. About time to just take the wait and see approach.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Mark Stoops?
ramcat

Post by ramcat »

ASUHATER! wrote:
Hard pass
Agree. Just guessing on the interview. Ridiculous they haven't grabbed Baldwin. Think he's withdrawn as well.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Sonny Dykes? Really scraping the bottom.

Postmaster wrote:You get Tiangle and Too's witty word play.

TnT was one the primary reasons I left CatTracks to follow Ben over to TOS, could not stand the "good" reverend.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

RondaeShimmy wrote:Seth Littrell or the Syracuse head coach is my guess

Seth Littrell's OC is Mike Canales. I know everyone around here loved him. :roll:

On the plus side his wife is easy on the eyes.
-JB
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

Sumlin and Baldwin are huge players but I think there are 2 to 3 others now. Heeke showed his hand. Bargain power completely gone.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

Chicat wrote:

Mark Stoops?

Duane Akina
SCCats

Post by SCCats »

Chicat wrote: