Let's chat about running backs

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Carcassdragger

Let's chat about running backs

Post by Carcassdragger »

We know JJ is likely to have a good season and maybe is not getting the exposure he should, but I'm thinking he's not going to be near an every down guy.

What about Brightwell? What is his ceiling this year?

What about Tilford? Mariscal? Leon?

I'd like to hear from you guys on who will emerge.
2020 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2018 BEARDOWN WILDCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
2017 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2013 GOAZCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
azpenguin

Re: Let's chat about running backs

Post by azpenguin »

I'd go with Tilford with Leon right behind him. I expect Mazzone to put JJ and Brightwell in a lot of different spots on the field - backfield, slot, WR, whatever - to give Tate someone to chuck short passes to in some space. I think the running game will be a little more of a traditional power game than we've become accustomed to seeing the last few years but they'll be swinging the ball out a lot on screens. If there's one thing RR could do damn well, it was to put up yards on the ground. I expect the run-pass split will be tilted further towards pass but that the RBs will be getting their share of those passing yards.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

I'm thinking Tate may get a few yards on the ground.
tgrumpy2

Post by tgrumpy2 »

The only one Ive seen to any extent is JJ but I hear Tilford and Brightwell both could be real forces of nature. If you toss in a couple of others that are adequate and can fill in, I'm looking forward to seeing this. This could be one dynamic offense.
OSUCat

Post by OSUCat »

JJ will shine in the new offense. Mazzone will get him a number of open field looks. I can see JJ being played in the slot a bunch. Tilford Will be 1b and get a lot of looks himself.

I’m not really worried about the running back position. Now the O-line is another story.
Formerly Lynx Rufus.