Antonio Pierce

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

ghostwhitehorse

Antonio Pierce

Post by ghostwhitehorse »

Not new news. . . but this didn't get notice back at TOS so. . .http://www.giants.com/news-and-blogs/ar ... 3f6c02d9ed
The former Giants captain and Super Bowl-winning linebacker was announced yesterday as head football coach at Long Beach Polytechnic High School in his home state of California. Pierce, who played for Big Blue from 2005-2009, grew up in the area and played down the street at Paramount High School.
8-)
boat343

Re: Antonio Pierce

Post by boat343 »

Anybody know if he still holds a grudge with UofA? I know he would announce Mt. San Antonio JC as his college on Monday Night Football introductions. I think it was good ol' Mackovic that rubbed him wrong. Was that bridge ever mended? Long Beach Poly is pretty much a farm team for USC anyway. Anybody they want out of there, they get.
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

I mentioned it on goazcats at least.

I don't think it's going to work well enough and while they do send kids to usc, I don't think they are steered way intentionally either. They just grow up as usc fans
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

boat343 wrote:Anybody know if he still holds a grudge with UofA? I know he would announce Mt. San Antonio JC as his college on Monday Night Football introductions. I think it was good ol' Mackovic that rubbed him wrong. Was that bridge ever mended? Long Beach Poly is pretty much a farm team for USC anyway. Anybody they want out of there, they get.
I think the grudge largely went away when Stoops and Livengood left.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?