2019 Season Thread

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Merkin

Re: 2019 Season Thread

Post by Merkin »

https://collegefootballnews.com/2019/08 ... 0-week-1/2" target="_blank

Coaches On The Hot Seat: Won’t Get Fired, But … WIN NOW IN A BLOWOUT

2. Kevin Sumlin, Arizona

After starting out his era at Arizona with a clunker of a start – losing to BYU and Houston – the loss to Hawaii in 2019 Week 0 means no Power Five head coach has more losses to teams outside of the Power Five since 2017 than Sumlin.

Others are about to give that a run once the season kicks in, but it’s still not a plus.

The Wildcats were supposed to start out the season hot – with four straight games against teams that didn’t go bowling after the trip to Honolulu – and now the pressure is on to bounce back fast. With a brutal Pac-12 kick to come – including five road games in the final eight – that loss to Hawaii makes going bowling an uphill climb.

PHXCATS wrote: NO, I repeat, NO coaches want to coach in front of no fans and no players want to play in front of no fans.
How many fans did UH have in the stands? Actual attendance.
CatsbyAZ

Post by CatsbyAZ »

I'm just so despondent about all this. I'll still go to the upcoming home game Vs Texas Tech 'cause I already have the Tix and friends scheduled to go with, but what's the point of attending anything else before basketball season? My ASU connections have been nice enough to offer their tickets for Nov 23rd Vs Oregon or the next week for the Territorial Cup. Think I'm leaning toward the Oregon game just so I don't have to leave the stadium getting mocked because we lost another TCup and finished the season FIVE AND F*$%&#G SEVEN. :evil:
Last edited by CatsbyAZ on Mon Aug 26, 2019 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“The force behind the movement of time is a mourning that will not be comforted.” author Marilynne Robinson
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

Merkin wrote:https://collegefootballnews.com/2019/08 ... 0-week-1/2

Coaches On The Hot Seat: Won’t Get Fired, But … WIN NOW IN A BLOWOUT

2. Kevin Sumlin, Arizona

After starting out his era at Arizona with a clunker of a start – losing to BYU and Houston – the loss to Hawaii in 2019 Week 0 means no Power Five head coach has more losses to teams outside of the Power Five since 2017 than Sumlin.

Others are about to give that a run once the season kicks in, but it’s still not a plus.

The Wildcats were supposed to start out the season hot – with four straight games against teams that didn’t go bowling after the trip to Honolulu – and now the pressure is on to bounce back fast. With a brutal Pac-12 kick to come – including five road games in the final eight – that loss to Hawaii makes going bowling an uphill climb.

PHXCATS wrote: NO, I repeat, NO coaches want to coach in front of no fans and no players want to play in front of no fans.
How many fans did UH have in the stands? Actual attendance.
Probably about 15k. Not a lot of Hawaii coaches or players are turning down Power 5 offers to play/coach there
2018 Bear Down Wildcats Conference Championship Challenge Champion
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

PHXCATS wrote:
scumdevils86 wrote:
PHXCATS wrote:
AZCatGirl wrote:
dmjcat wrote:You are truly clueless. The UA isn't going to do anything about Sumlin anytime soon.......they can't afford to (A problem which your boycotting directly contributes to). I suppose when Lute Olson won 11 games in his first season you were boycotting McKale Center/UA to "force" the UA to get rid of Olson??

Its no wonder we can't build a stable program with "Fans" like you.
Remember how much hype and fan interest there was when Sumlin got here? Hire a good coach and that will come back. If fans unite in their disgust at what's going on it'll move things along that much faster.

Also, I'm sure boosters are just as disgusted and will help pay to fix this mess. I just hope the next hire has more thought put into it.
Ah the great "I am unhappy but someone else needs to pay to fix it"
Yea you, go right ahead.
I am still donating, still going, and told Heeke to his face Saturday my thoughts.
I have men’s basketball, womens b-ball, volleyball, and baseball season tickets. I also have told Heeke what I thought which wasn’t pretty. Not sure what your point is but football deserved nothing right mow
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

azcat49 wrote:
I have men’s basketball, womens b-ball, volleyball, and baseball season tickets. I also have told Heeke what I thought which wasn’t pretty. Not sure what your point is but football deserved nothing right mow
How do you expect football to get better with less money? I get it, you are frustrated and you have every right to be. I am frustrated as well. But Arizona has so many hurdles to overcome as is with football and having less money makes it so much harder. You can try to catch lightning in a bottle but it isn't easy.

Knowing what you know now, would all of us have stayed with RR?
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

One thing I have learned is you can’t recruit you way out of losing at AZ. You need a great tactician and developer of the talent you do have.

Stoops had our highest rated classes and he was a poor tactician. Tomey didn’t recruit well but had the other attributes. Willingham at Utah is just like that.

We will not get a bunch of 5 star guys and and might get a few 3 star guys who are just a tick above what we have. Without discipline and game planning we get the inconsistency we are seeing. The last two hires gave us short term hope but you can see they are not the guys to build the program.

If I was the AD I would fired Yates tonight and send a message. Get better quick. I would give Mazzone time until we see his offense with his type of QB then evaluate his play calling. I would bring in a really solid D coordinator wit the promise he gets a strong look if we can Sumlin. I would want info from Sumlin on each weeks game plan and how this will allow us to win. Then I sit back and watch the execution.

Heeke is toast anyway so he is toothless. The whole department is rudderless. Time to clean house and then support the next guy who hopefully has a vision and hire a coach with passion (see CSM)
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

Machina is the degenerate gambler in Vegas who is down thousands of dollars and he thinks the only way to get out of the mess he's created is to keep doubling his bet.
btfd16

Post by btfd16 »

Alieberman wrote:Machina is the degenerate gambler in Vegas who is down thousands of dollars and he thinks the only way to get out of the mess he's created is to keep doubling his bet.
"It can't hit red for the 13th time in a row!"
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

Alieberman wrote:Machina is the degenerate gambler in Vegas who is down thousands of dollars and he thinks the only way to get out of the mess he's created is to keep doubling his bet.
Tell me what coach you can get with limited resources and money that will want to take the Arizona job in front of 15k people and perform well. If you can tell me that then I will change my tune. Until then, the proof is that coaches and players want full stadiums and money
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

Any coach that is right for this program needs to be honest and openly confront the challenges that realistically face Arizona football. Not try to shut the media out for reporting the truth and consider in-game adjustments optional.

Saturday night, the team looked so unprepared, so apathetic, and just so stupid and poorly schemed in general that even Rick Neuheisel was noticing from the booth--and I would have rather have had him down there than Sumlin.

Unfortunately, we are in another Dave Strack era, as I feared from the Heeke hire. It's not going to be until he's gone and takes the football staff (minus Cecil and ST coaches) with him that the program's going to get me back.
Last edited by catgrad97 on Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

PHXCATS wrote:
Tell me what coach you can get with limited resources and money that will want to take the Arizona job in front of 15k people and perform well. If you can tell me that then I will change my tune. Until then, the proof is that coaches and players want full stadiums and money
And fans want a good product.

Machina, I assume that since you have no qualms about throwing away money to a bad football program, that you also only put money into 1 star restaurants and fly the worst rated airlines and only buy 2 star Amazon products? If not.. you're a hypocrite.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

ASUHATER! wrote:
PHXCATS wrote:

Machina, I assume that since you have no qualms about throwing away money to a bad football program, that you also only put money into 1 star restaurants and fly the worst rated airlines and only buy 2 star Amazon products? If not.. you're a hypocrite.
Okay slugger. How does that make any sense at all. At least pretend you went to U of A and come up with an analogy that makes a lick of sense.

I am sure things will just work out when all the fair weather fans like you stop showing up and donating. Lets see how that goes. I am sure a young up and coming coach will gladly take the UA job for $300k a year and a pool for the assistant coaches of $500k total.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

I doubt attendance is the biggest income maker for college football, especially when all major conferences are reporting attendance declines. As TVs get bigger, and the home entertainment experience gets more comfortable, this is a trend that won't be stopped.

UA football just needs to follow the basketball model, get a young hungry head coach from a smaller school.

NO MORE FIRED HEAD COACHES!!!!
Last edited by Merkin on Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

PHXCATS wrote:
ASUHATER! wrote:
PHXCATS wrote:

Okay slugger. How does that make any sense at all. At least pretend you went to U of A and come up with an analogy that makes a lick of sense.

I am sure things will just work out when all the fair weather fans like you stop showing up and donating. Lets see how that goes. I am sure a young up and coming coach will gladly take the UA job for $300k a year and a pool for the assistant coaches of $500k total.
Explain to me how packing the stadium every year for an awful program and giving the school wads of cash will make them want to make any changes? If they can sucker people into filling the stadium and donating to a garbage fire of a football program...why the hell would they change it? Your reasoning has always been just willfully stupid. There's no other explanation other than that either 1. you're just incredibly dumb or 2. you know you're wrong and have known for a long time but have just doubled down on the "fans have to support awful teams" argument since you've dug your hole so deep.

Which is it? I know you won't answer though.

ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Merkin wrote:I doubt attendance is the biggest income maker for college football, especially when all major conferences are reporting attendance declines.

UA football just needs to follow the basketball model, get a young hungry head coach from a smaller school.

I heard on a NPR story the other day that in the last 15 years or so average attendance nationwide for college football has gone down by like 2500 people per game. It's not an Arizona bad fan issue...every school from Eastern Michigan to Alabama and back are having attendance issues. All the time you can go to Alabama boards and find people talking about empty student sections and the upper deck being empty at halftime.

Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

PHXCATS wrote:
ASUHATER! wrote:
PHXCATS wrote:

Well, if we weren't going to be locked into two massive buyouts for our last two coaches, we might have a little more money.

Sumlin's hire was an expensive mistake unless he turns this around.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

Merkin wrote:I doubt attendance is the biggest income maker for college football, especially when all major conferences are reporting attendance declines. As TVs get bigger, and the home entertainment experience gets more comfortable, this is a trend that won't be stopped.

You cannot increase funding from tv at the drop of a hat. It is a multi year negation for multi year agreement for broadcasting on the conference level. Every dollar you spend on tickets goes to UA.

No young hungry coach is going to come to UA to play in front of less people than his old school for less money. That is exactly what everyone abandoning the teams is asking for
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

PHXCATS wrote:
I'm sure they do want full stadiums and money... but they are not getting MY butt in their seats or a dime of MY money until they earn it. They keep hiring bad coach after bad coach with your money and you are too stupid to realize you are being used. But go ahead... keep giving them your money... they love you.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

ASUHATER! wrote:
PHXCATS wrote:
ASUHATER! wrote:
PHXCATS wrote:

Explain to me how packing the stadium every year for an awful program and giving the school wads of cash will make them want to make any changes? If they can sucker people into filling the stadium and donating to a garbage fire of a football program...why the hell would they change it? Your reasoning has always been just willfully stupid. There's no other explanation other than that either 1. you're just incredibly dumb or 2. you know you're wrong and have known for a long time but have just doubled down on the "fans have to support awful teams" argument since you've dug your hole so deep.

Which is it? I know you won't answer though.
It is neither you dumbass. You really think Heeke and Roberts and the boosters who make the decisions just want money to come in and not to win? That is the dumbest thing I have ever read.

The better fans you have the the more fans who attend games, the more money you have, meaning the better resources you have, meaning more money you can offer a HC and his staff, meaning the better chance you have to hire a good coach and staff, meaning the better recruits you can bring in, meaning the better chance to win football games. If you think less money means a better chance to bring in a good coach and staff and a better chance to win you are really really really really really fucking stupid
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

Alieberman wrote:
PHXCATS wrote:
I'm sure they do want full stadiums and money... but they are not getting MY butt in their seats or a dime of MY money until they earn it. They keep hiring bad coach after bad coach with your money and you are too stupid to realize you are being used. But go ahead... keep giving them your money... they love you.
What coach will make the jump form FCS or a group of 5 school to U of A when U of A has no money or resources to offer the coach and his staff? That is why butts in the seats matter
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

You are such a patsy!
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Ah so it was #1. Just really are that dumb.

btfd16

Post by btfd16 »

PHXCATS wrote:
Alieberman wrote:
PHXCATS wrote:
What coach will make the jump form FCS or a group of 5 school to U of A when U of A has no money or resources to offer the coach and his staff? That is why butts in the seats matter
You are the only person in the world who doesn't understand that the better the product, the more money you make. "I want to pour money into a shitty product, who has not proven they can make a good product, in hopes one day they can make a good product." Prove to me you can make a good product, then you get my money.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

btfd16 wrote:
PHXCATS wrote:
Alieberman wrote:
PHXCATS wrote:
You are the only person in the world who doesn't understand that the better the product, the more money you make. "I want to pour money into a shitty product, who has not proven they can make a good product, in hopes one day they can make a good product." Prove to me you can make a good product, then you get my money.

I love how all of you just justify you fair weather fandom and try to attack me but never answer how UA brings in a better coach with less money and better players with no fans in the stands
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

PHXCATS wrote:

I love how all of you just justify you fair weather fandom and try to attack me but never answer how UA brings in a better coach with less money and better players with no fans in the stands
If any of us were the AD of the University of Arizona, you would have a point.
btfd16

Post by btfd16 »

PHXCATS wrote:I love how all of you just justify you fair weather fandom and try to attack me but never answer how UA brings in a better coach with less money and better players with no fans in the stands
You can call people fair weather all you like, but the fact of the matter is fair weather brings in the money whether you like it or not. Pretty simple economics that people pay more for better product.

You bring in a better coach by poaching one from a small school or a coordinator looking for their shot. Someone who can get more out of their players than their talent level suggests. Then the product improves, then the recruiting improves, then the attendance improves. Not that hard. When you hire a retread, you need to be able to improve on your previous product. Sumlin couldn't do that. Therefore people will feel more jaded than before.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

PHXCATS wrote:
Merkin wrote:I doubt attendance is the biggest income maker for college football, especially when all major conferences are reporting attendance declines. As TVs get bigger, and the home entertainment experience gets more comfortable, this is a trend that won't be stopped.

You cannot increase funding from tv at the drop of a hat. It is a multi year negation for multi year agreement for broadcasting on the conference level. Every dollar you spend on tickets goes to UA.

No young hungry coach is going to come to UA to play in front of less people than his old school for less money. That is exactly what everyone abandoning the teams is asking for
Arizona isn't getting more fans without success.

Ever wonder why Texas and Oklahoma draw more fans than Kansas? You can only sustain fans beyond your core so long without success, and we have never had consistent success.

If we weren't drawing 50k plus if we were regularly hitting 10 wins, ok, bad fans. We place higher in attendance than on the field.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

A good AD sells the vision to a young up and coming coach. That’s how we got the best and most wanted assistant in america when we hired Stoops.

The great AZ fans then supported the excitement like at no other time with attendance regularly over 50k a year. Unfortunately Stoops didn’t pan out as a solid tactician.

AZ fans will support our product when they see the passion and improvement on the field. I give our fans tremendous credit for seeing through this charade of a staff. We actually have great fans if you really analyze our history
btfd16

Post by btfd16 »

azcat49 wrote:A good AD sells the vision to a young up and coming coach. That’s how we got the best and most wanted assistant in america when we hired Stoops.

The great AZ fans then supported the excitement like at no other time with attendance regularly over 50k a year. Unfortunately Stoops didn’t pan out as a solid tactician.

AZ fans will support our product when they see the passion and improvement on the field. I give our fans tremendous credit for seeing through this charade of a staff. We actually have great fans if you really analyze our history
Bingo
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

ASUHATER! wrote:
PHXCATS wrote:

The fact that machina is the only one who can't understand your analogy is pretty funny.

It's an apt analogy btw.
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Here's a good podcast about Saturdays game, the state of Arizona football, and preview of this weeks PAC-12 games.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

PieceOfMeat wrote:
ASUHATER! wrote:
PHXCATS wrote:

The fact that machina is the only one who can't understand your analogy is pretty funny.

It's an apt analogy btw.
Am I an alumni of any airlines. No. Am I an alumni of a 1 star restaurant? No. Am I a booster or investor in a 2 star Amazon product? No. Am I a shit fan? Yes
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

:lol: a decade plus of new lows from machina. Utterly hilarious.
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

Hey machina, call our fans shit fans 1 more time. I'm done with you and this trope of yours.

As I stated:

It's an apt analogy btw.
It has nothing to do with being an alumn. His analogy is fitting because it directly applies to your own illogical statements about financial support equaling a better product.
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

CatsbyAZ

Post by CatsbyAZ »

ASUHATER! wrote: I heard on a NPR story the other day that in the last 15 years or so average attendance nationwide for college football has gone down by like 2500 people per game. It's not an Arizona bad fan issue...every school from Eastern Michigan to Alabama and back are having attendance issues. All the time you can go to Alabama boards and find people talking about empty student sections and the upper deck being empty at halftime.
How much you want to hypothesis that lower football attendance doesn't have that much to do with football? Look at everything that's gone down in involvement the last 10 years and tell me people would rather live out their smart phone addictions than do ANYTHING else:

Last month, the travel company issued the results of a survey which said, given the ultimatum, 33 percent of American travelers would rather take their cellphone on a trip than a travel companion: https://www.travelandleisure.com/travel ... avel-trend" target="_blank
“The force behind the movement of time is a mourning that will not be comforted.” author Marilynne Robinson
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

CatsbyAZ wrote:
ASUHATER! wrote: I heard on a NPR story the other day that in the last 15 years or so average attendance nationwide for college football has gone down by like 2500 people per game. It's not an Arizona bad fan issue...every school from Eastern Michigan to Alabama and back are having attendance issues. All the time you can go to Alabama boards and find people talking about empty student sections and the upper deck being empty at halftime.
How much you want to hypothesis that lower football attendance doesn't have that much to do with football? Look at everything that's gone down in involvement the last 10 years and tell me people would rather live out their smart phone addictions than do ANYTHING else:

Last month, the travel company issued the results of a survey which said, given the ultimatum, 33 percent of American travelers would rather take their cellphone on a trip than a travel companion: https://www.travelandleisure.com/travel ... avel-trend" target="_blank
It definitely isn't about cell phones for football. It's about having a 60 inch 4k TV at home with your own bathroom and food and not spending money on parking and investing 8 hours into a game and being able to watch multiple games on well produced tv broadcasts.

Merkin

Post by Merkin »

ASUHATER! wrote:It's about having a 60 inch 4k TV at home with your own bathroom and food and not spending money on parking and investing 8 hours into a game and being able to watch multiple games on well produced tv broadcasts.
Exactly. All conferences are losing attendance, with the PAC losing the most.

Also mentioned is the shitty times teams get now, as we all know that with Arizona and 7:30-8:00pm kickoffs. I was in bed 15 minutes after the UH game.

https://ugawire.usatoday.com/2019/03/27 ... -football/" target="_blank

How did college football get to this point?

As technology becomes more and more advanced, fan attendance continues to decline. How can universities beat out the 70-inch television, the air conditioned house, comfy sofas, cold beers, line-free bathrooms and surround-sound stereos that fans watching at home have the luxury of enjoying? Oh, and most importantly, the WiFi.

It starts with the students. The biggest decline in attendance has been with the students. If schools can’t get their students to the games while they already live on or near campus, how do they expect them to show up after they graduate?

College students love cold beer and abundant wifi. They also don’t enjoy 11:00 a.m. kickoffs in the central time zones or noon kickoffs in the southeast. It’s as simple as that. Incorporate those changes and that could go a long way in fixing student attendance issues.

Some schools have indeed begun boosting their wifi, selling alcohol and lowering the cost of food and drinks from in-stadium vendors. But still, the allure of being there in person remains relevant, so there has to be a way of getting fans in the gate other than booze and internet.
BearDown89

Post by BearDown89 »

Merkin wrote:
ASUHATER! wrote:It's about having a 60 inch 4k TV at home with your own bathroom and food and not spending money on parking and investing 8 hours into a game and being able to watch multiple games on well produced tv broadcasts.
Exactly. All conferences are losing attendance, with the PAC losing the most.

Also mentioned is the shitty times teams get now, as we all know that with Arizona and 7:30-8:00pm kickoffs. I was in bed 15 minutes after the UH game.

https://ugawire.usatoday.com/2019/03/27 ... -football/" target="_blank

How did college football get to this point?

As technology becomes more and more advanced, fan attendance continues to decline. How can universities beat out the 70-inch television, the air conditioned house, comfy sofas, cold beers, line-free bathrooms and surround-sound stereos that fans watching at home have the luxury of enjoying? Oh, and most importantly, the WiFi.

It starts with the students. The biggest decline in attendance has been with the students. If schools can’t get their students to the games while they already live on or near campus, how do they expect them to show up after they graduate?

College students love cold beer and abundant wifi. They also don’t enjoy 11:00 a.m. kickoffs in the central time zones or noon kickoffs in the southeast. It’s as simple as that. Incorporate those changes and that could go a long way in fixing student attendance issues.

Some schools have indeed begun boosting their wifi, selling alcohol and lowering the cost of food and drinks from in-stadium vendors. But still, the allure of being there in person remains relevant, so there has to be a way of getting fans in the gate other than booze and internet.
I'm not saying I'd never go to a live game again, because I would. I still think there's something to be said for the live game stadium experience, etc. It would, however, have to be a big game with big attendance - an atmosphere that's likely to be lively and exciting. Otherwise, it's just too too long and frankly, boring. The television broadcast, i.e., tv timeouts have absolutely ruined the live experience. I went to the Hawaii game in Tucson 3(?) years ago. My god. What an interminable experience. It went on forever. Frankly, I don't know how the players play when they spend the clear majority of night standing around waiting for play to resume. Painful. Agree, the comforts of home are hard to beat . . .
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

BearDown89 wrote:The television broadcast, i.e., tv timeouts have absolutely ruined the live experience. I went to the Hawaii game in Tucson 3(?) years ago. My god. What an interminable experience. It went on forever. Frankly, I don't know how the players play when they spend the clear majority of night standing around waiting for play to resume. Painful. Agree, the comforts of home are hard to beat . . .
Last football game I went to was Colgate v. Cal Poly, which was televised. That was my biggest complaint too, the TV timeouts were excruciating! Teams had all these free timeouts, and all they did was stand around looking bored.

Second biggest complaint was the noise. Even a small stadium can get very loud with the right sound system. Don't get the point of that at all, trying to stir up the crowd by making it as loud as possible. Us old folks don't like noise!
CatsbyAZ

Post by CatsbyAZ »

Now this is the hunger needed on the Offensive Line!

Please forward to the film room...
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

:lol:
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
CatsbyAZ

Post by CatsbyAZ »

With last night's win, which looked more like an NFL Preseason game, Arizona has won 2 of the last 3 Vs UCLA. I'll take it - as surprisingly awful UCLA is under Chip Kelly. LBs will carry the D. Offense looks pretty flimsy. Schedule doesn't do us any favors going forward.

For the next 4 games: Colorado's passing game will be tough to contain. Then Washington and USC obviously have more talent. Then Stanford seems to be a program on the decline at this point, getting manhandled by USC, Central Florida, and Oregon before barely beating Oregon State last night. If AZ can somehow take 2 of 4 it's about the best position we can hope going into the back stretch of the schedule.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

2 of 4 is absolutely best case if you ask me.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

That Hawaii game is super annoying now
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

Team is trending in the right direction.

Great win today and looking forward to see if we can upset anyone as the meat of our schedule is now upon us.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Look who is in first place in the South!

azgreg

Post by azgreg »

The next 4:

vs, Washington
@ USC
@ Stanford
vs OSU

I think we go 2-2.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Tate stays healthy I think we go 4-0. Why not? Special players do special things
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

I have to admit, the UW game intrigues me. Truly the barometer of this team's ceiling coming up.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

catgrad97 wrote:I have to admit, the UW game intrigues me. Truly the barometer of this team's ceiling coming up.
Yeah it will prove whether we are actually pretty good and improving or if the last few games were mirages and we're still a 5-6 win team.