Utah at Arizona discussion

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Merkin

Utah at Arizona discussion

Post by Merkin »

scumdevils86

Re: Utah at Arizona discussion

Post by scumdevils86 »

And another 8 pm kickoff. I foresee another score similar to last night. Utah gives up 11 ppg.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

We play Utah tough. Thinking I like us plus those points
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
AZCatGirl

Post by AZCatGirl »

It sure makes you feel good about the state of Arizona Football when we get a Mackovic comparison.
“The reality is that the hardest games to win are over teams on their home court. Teams that don’t play those games can spin it however they want, but what they’re saying is, ‘We don’t want to lose in our non conference season.’" - Sean Miller
ALASKACAT

Post by ALASKACAT »

Do we surpass 30,000 in attendance?
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Time for some RhettRod go get some minutes. Don't want Gunnell getting hurt.

Head coach Kevin Sumlin said Monday that center Josh McCauley and guards Bryson Cain and Cody Creason are “doubtful” for Saturday’s home finale vs. the No. 7-ranked Utah Utes.

https://www.azdesertswarm.com/football/ ... KRC5uPprU4" target="_blank
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

Merkin wrote:Time for some RhettRod go get some minutes. Don't want Gunnell getting hurt.

Head coach Kevin Sumlin said Monday that center Josh McCauley and guards Bryson Cain and Cody Creason are “doubtful” for Saturday’s home finale vs. the No. 7-ranked Utah Utes.

Sheesh. at this point maybe just take the qb off the field and put a couple RB's in the back field running an all-run option offense
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

azgreg

Post by azgreg »

PieceOfMeat wrote:
Merkin wrote:Time for some RhettRod go get some minutes. Don't want Gunnell getting hurt.

Sheesh. at this point maybe just take the qb off the field and put a couple RB's in the back field running an all-run option offense
We have a slew of running backs. Let's put 4 of them on the field and run the Wing T in memory of the Cactus Comet.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

PieceOfMeat wrote:

Didn't Tomey do that one time v. one of the Oregon schools? Put Chuck Levy at QB, who only attempted one pass which he threw out of bounds to stop the clock. Think the Cats won 34-6 or something like that.

But then again, the Cats had a defense.

If the Cats would have hired the Navy coach, the "Tripple" option might have more success like the service academies and GT runs.

btfd16

Post by btfd16 »

If this was a RR coached team, this would be our random upset
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

game thread is up

gonna be brutal
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

8 PM kickoff..and it's going to be somewhere around 50 degrees with a 50% chance of rain on Saturday night in Tucson after a 5 game losing streak. If the stadium is half full it'll be a miracle. Potentially cold and raining late night November game during a bad season means no attendance... rightfully.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
Siempre Verde

Post by Siempre Verde »

ASUHATER! wrote:8 PM kickoff..and it's going to be somewhere around 50 degrees with a 50% chance of rain on Saturday night in Tucson after a 5 game losing streak. If the stadium is half full it'll be a miracle. Potentially cold and raining late night November game during a bad season means no attendance... rightfully.
This will be my final UofA game as a season ticket holder (I got cajoled into one more year). I’m going to show up, as I did at Autzen for a long ago planned trip. All I can say is I must have a thing for beer, sweatshirts, scarves, and did I mention beer? Actually, I’m mainly going Saturday to shake a few seat-neighbor’s hands.

Since I gave up hope I feel much better... Vaya con Dios priority points.
VegasCatFan

Post by VegasCatFan »

Siempre Verde wrote:
ASUHATER! wrote:8 PM kickoff..and it's going to be somewhere around 50 degrees with a 50% chance of rain on Saturday night in Tucson after a 5 game losing streak. If the stadium is half full it'll be a miracle. Potentially cold and raining late night November game during a bad season means no attendance... rightfully.
This will be my final UofA game as a season ticket holder (I got cajoled into one more year). I’m going to show up, as I did at Autzen for a long ago planned trip. All I can say is I must have a thing for beer, sweatshirts, scarves, and did I mention beer? Actually, I’m mainly going Saturday to shake a few seat-neighbor’s hands.

Since I gave up hope I feel much better... Vaya con Dios priority points.
I'm with you Siempre. I've been a season ticket holder for about a dozen years now and I doubt that I'm going to renew them. It's frustrating to make the commute from Las Vegas when the team has no shot at winning. I liked the Sumlin hire when it happened, and I know its only been two years, but I'm very disillusioned with the results.