PHXCATS

Paul Rhoads

Post by PHXCATS »

Named DC
2018 Bear Down Wildcats Conference Championship Challenge Champion
azcat49

Re: Paul Rhodes

Post by azcat49 »

You said it was a good hire? Why do you think that. I am curious and not sure what he brings that you like
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
Woodcat

Post by Woodcat »

Rhoads. Not Rhodes.
whatisee

Post by whatisee »

Like the hire. Let’s see what happens now
ASUCatFan

Post by ASUCatFan »

I obsessively watched Iowa football during the end of his tenure at ISU (I had a family member on the team), and I was very much less than impressed with Rhoads when they played. Maybe he's a better coordinator than head coach. We'll see.
PieceOfMeat

Re: Paul Rhoads

Post by PieceOfMeat »

Woodcat wrote:Rhoads. Not Rhodes.
Good catch.

I corrected the thread title for the poster.
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

tgrumpy2

Post by tgrumpy2 »

[quote="azcat49"]You said it was a good hire? Why do you think that. I am curious and not sure what he brings that you like[/quot

I don't know what his reasons are but I can give you mine. Sumlin is on the hot seat and because of that we aren't going to attract a big name defensive coordinator. We just aren't and that's life. We have to go with the best we can get and we want someone stable without a lot of personal off the field baggage like Yates brought who was in debt of to his neck. You want someone with a lot of experience and Rhoads brings that. Not just as a position coach but as a coordinator. His stint as head coach at Iowa St doesn't concern me much because of the general state of that program for years and constantly up and down and mostly down. He actually took them to I think two bowl games but like many coaches before him he couldn't sustain it. We also need someone with California recruiting ties and he has those as well as Arizona recruiting ties. At UCLA he recruited Arizona heavily. He checks a lot of boxes as to what we need. No he's not a well known name but I think he's good enough to give him a chance.
cordera89

Re: Paul Rhoads

Post by cordera89 »

Paul Rhodes wont make a difference on how good of a DC he his. It do or die.