New Coach Hot Board

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

RondaeShimmy

Re: New Coach Hot Board

Post by RondaeShimmy »

ChooChooCat wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 4:56 pm
Alieberman wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 4:53 pm Are we sure Robbins isn't just doing this to make Heeke quit?
Why would he have given him an extension then?
Well why did they pay a search firm a ton of money just for the president to supersede the decision.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

ramcat wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 4:44 pm Is anyone directly familiar with Brennan buyout? Saw link about his extension, and it mentioned a years salary, which post extension, was said to be $850k.
Think in light of Sumlin debacle, that might make him slightly less viable depending on other contract detail.
It's a few hundred K, literally nothing we can't handle. But nevermind about that? Can I interest you in a piece of shit nomad coach that our president gave heart surgery to instead?
What a beautiful story but I think I’d rather hire the coach to perform heart surgery on Robbins.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Is Pierce the mystery candidate?
TatetheGreat

Post by TatetheGreat »

Heeke said he planned to fire Sumlin regardless of the ASU game. How do you have that plan and no short list or someone specifically in mind for the job? Sumlin was fired 10 days ago. Please get rid of this incompetent admin.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

Alieberman wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 4:53 pm Are we sure Robbins isn't just doing this to make Heeke quit?
He's not playing checkers.... Ricky Bobby playing 3D chess here
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

RondaeShimmy wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 4:35 pm Fisch is the guy to beat :lol: :lol: :lol:
This is such a debacle.
ramcat

Post by ramcat »

Scheer saying that there 4 still in play, Brennan, Fisch, Pierce and Dillingham. The fact that Pierce has entered the fray, has me questioning the Brennan announcement being delayed because of waiting till SJSU season end.
Pierce seems to me, to be leverage play but Scheer claims serious discussions.
Just can't be Fisch, seems they'd have to know how poorly that'd be received in light of the others considered, save maybe Dillingham. Dillingham just due to name recognition, think he'd be a World better than Fisch.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

ramcat wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 4:44 pm Is anyone directly familiar with Brennan buyout? Saw link about his extension, and it mentioned a years salary, which post extension, was said to be $850k.
Think in light of Sumlin debacle, that might make him slightly less viable depending on other contract detail.
It's a few hundred K, literally nothing we can't handle. But nevermind about that? Can I interest you in a piece of shit nomad coach that our president gave heart surgery to instead?
Wait, Robbins gave Fisch heart surgery?

So Fisch has no HC experience, a sketchy resume and a heart problem? Fantastic, he just sounds better and better all the time.
Last edited by Spaceman Spiff on Tue Dec 22, 2020 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Spaceman Spiff wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 5:14 pm
Wait, Robbins gave Fisch heart surgery?

So Fisch has no HC experience, a sketchy resume and a heart problem? Fantastic.

It's a bold strategy Cotton.
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
Sid

Post by Sid »

Let’s break bread and welcome Antonio back into the family.

I’m down with that!
prh

Post by prh »

Pierce has to be angling for a raise, that makes no sense at all. He of all people would know he's in a better spot staying up north.

Dillingham is interesting, FSU is incredibly stingy as an AD, so he gets a raise at worst, his name out there for landing spots next year, and practice at the interview process.

Fisch is pulling the plug on life support on the program

Brennan is so far and away the obvious choice that I'd half expect some other program to swoop him up this week before we do now that he's been discussed so much.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

RondaeShimmy wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 4:57 pm
Well why did they pay a search firm a ton of money just for the president to supersede the decision.
Because fuck us, that's why.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

TatetheGreat wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 5:01 pm Heeke said he planned to fire Sumlin regardless of the ASU game. How do you have that plan and no short list or someone specifically in mind for the job? Sumlin was fired 10 days ago. Please get rid of this incompetent admin.
He had a list, it consisted of Niumatalolo and Brennan. Robbins had a different idea in mind.
ByJoveByJingle

Post by ByJoveByJingle »

There better be some strong-willed boosters out there ready to tell Robbins to his face to fuck right off and limit his destruction of the UofA brand to the academic side of things.
Lando05

Post by Lando05 »

ChooChooCat wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 5:34 pm
TatetheGreat wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 5:01 pm Heeke said he planned to fire Sumlin regardless of the ASU game. How do you have that plan and no short list or someone specifically in mind for the job? Sumlin was fired 10 days ago. Please get rid of this incompetent admin.
He had a list, it consisted of Niumatalolo and Brennan. Robbins had a different idea in mind.
Jesus Christ, why are we cursed with Robbins as a president.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

prh wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 5:18 pm Pierce has to be angling for a raise, that makes no sense at all. He of all people would know he's in a better spot staying up north.
Yup, in true traitor form that's exactly what he's doing.
prh wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 5:18 pm Dillingham is interesting, FSU is incredibly stingy as an AD, so he gets a raise at worst, his name out there for landing spots next year, and practice at the interview process.
He's from Arizona, he's young, he'd bust his ass. I don't know how well he'd do though. He's almost too young.
prh wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 5:18 pm
Fisch is pulling the plug on life support on the program
I'm done with the university as a whole if he is seriously the hire. There's no logic behind it outside of pure nepotism. It's truly disgusting in every way.
prh wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 5:18 pm
Brennan is so far and away the obvious choice that I'd half expect some other program to swoop him up this week before we do now that he's been discussed so much.
Yup.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

ByJoveByJingle wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 5:35 pm There better be some strong-willed boosters out there ready to tell Robbins to his face to fuck right off and limit his destruction of the UofA brand to the academic side of things.
The guy who ponied up to get rid of Sumlin is FIRMLY in Brennan's corner. I take back every single god damn dime if they hire Fisch if I'm him.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

Just remember.... Robbins is an even worse University President as he is an acting Athletic Director
TatetheGreat

Post by TatetheGreat »

They couldn't have worked this out months ago? Everyone knew Sumlin was on borrowed time.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

TatetheGreat wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 5:45 pm
They couldn't have worked this out months ago? Everyone knew Sumlin was on borrowed time.
It truly looked like Robbins was going to sit this one out. Oh well...
TatetheGreat

Post by TatetheGreat »

ChooChooCat wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 5:52 pm
TatetheGreat wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 5:45 pm
It truly looked like Robbins was going to sit this one out. Oh well...
FML
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

That's the best thing I've ever heard about Heeke. That's the best idea in this situation by a long shot.
In re UofA

Post by In re UofA »

Just hire Brennan and get the staff together already. We need to get the guys on board and contact the players in the transfer portal. What is so hard about this?

Part of Heeke’s job is to sell boosters AND the president on the right hire. It seems like he has no influence.

If they hire Fisch, what does that say to the community and alums that clearly expressed they wanted someone with Tucson ties? Everyone needs to get on board.

Is the whole university run like this? I’m getting frustrated.
CopaCat

Post by CopaCat »

This thing smells Fischy already.

We caught the Fisch

Heekes vagina smells like Fisch

Time for Robbins to choke on Fisch testicles.

Oh, Brennan, Niumatalolo, or Pierce please. Hell, even Cason if he is bringing a great staff. Gut the Fisch.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

In re UofA wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 6:01 pm Just hire Brennan and get the staff together already. We need to get the guys on board and contact the players in the transfer portal. What is so hard about this?

Part of Heeke’s job is to sell boosters AND the president on the right hire. It seems like he has no influence.

If they hire Fisch, what does that say to the community and alums that clearly expressed they wanted someone with Tucson ties? Everyone needs to get on board.

Is the whole university run like this? I’m getting frustrated.
The alums will completely abandon all association with the University if they hire Fisch.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

ChooChooCat wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 6:45 pm The alums will completely abandon all association with the University if they hire Fisch.
I imagine many of what's left of the fanbase would be gone too.

I disagree with Scheer, you really need to win the press conference at Arizona. Hiring a buddy of the campus president will not bode well with anyone.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Merkin wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 6:48 pm
ChooChooCat wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 6:45 pm The alums will completely abandon all association with the University if they hire Fisch.

I disagree with Scheer, you really need to win the press conference at Arizona. Hiring a buddy of the campus president will not bode well with anyone.
You don't need to win the press conference in the sense that the quality of the hire matters more than the glitz and glamor it gets. For instance if Arizona hires Dillingham, he's not a big name, he's not a sexy candidate, but he may be a very quality hire and the guy who leads Arizona to big wins. Fisch isn't a big name, nor is he sexy, nor is he quality in any sense of the word. The last part is the problem.
mofo

Post by mofo »

How do you get rid of a university president? Is this a BOR thing? He has to answer to somebody that has the university’s best interests in mind right?
In re UofA

Post by In re UofA »

The hire needs to embrace the city and fanbase, needs to be personable and exude excitement and more than anything produce a quality product.

He doesnt need a famous name, just needs to rally everyone. I hadn’t heard of Brennan a month ago, but I like him enough to support him and the program.

Why are we pussyfooting around with this. We’re a solid job, especially to a guy having success at a midmajor. We don’t need a vagabond or someone looking to learn on the job.
aznavcat

Post by aznavcat »

Choo - do any influencers/donors have the President's ear? Any effort to reach him before it's too late? I've emailed the President twice stating my opinion (asking him to stay in his lane and let the AD do his freaking job) but he needs to hear it from those in his "circle of trust" (maybe that's the problem if he's working in an iso-chamber).
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

aznavcat wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 7:14 pm Choo - do any influencers/donors have the President's ear? Any effort to reach him before it's too late? I've emailed the President twice stating my opinion (asking him to stay in his lane and let the AD do his freaking job) but he needs to hear it from those in his "circle of trust" (maybe that's the problem if he's working in an iso-chamber).
No. He knows how every body feels, he just doesn't care, because he likes Fisch a lot as a person and god dammit so should every one else apparently.

He'll literally get run out of Tucson for this and he doesn't seem to care.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

ChooChooCat wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 6:51 pm

You don't need to win the press conference in the sense that the quality of the hire matters more than the glitz and glamor it gets. For instance if Arizona hires Dillingham, he's not a big name, he's not a sexy candidate, but he may be a very quality hire and the guy who leads Arizona to big wins. Fisch isn't a big name, nor is he sexy, nor is he quality in any sense of the word. The last part is the problem.
That's the bizarre part about Fisch. What's his actual selling point? I don't see it at all.

I texted a friend that there are probably 8 position coaches just as qualified as Fisch in the AFC East alone. His resume is nothing, no one's excited about him, he has no ties here, he's not a big personality...what is there?
CopaCat

Post by CopaCat »

ChooChooCat wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 7:21 pm
aznavcat wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 7:14 pm Choo - do any influencers/donors have the President's ear? Any effort to reach him before it's too late? I've emailed the President twice stating my opinion (asking him to stay in his lane and let the AD do his freaking job) but he needs to hear it from those in his "circle of trust" (maybe that's the problem if he's working in an iso-chamber).
No. He knows how every body feels, he just doesn't care, because he likes Fisch a lot as a person and god dammit so should every one else apparently.

He'll literally get run out of Tucson for this and he doesn't seem to care.
Sounds like an excellent quality to have in a University President. Maybe his next job should be running a Trump Property or Hollywood Studio.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Robbins and Heeke could fuck up a wet dream.
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
BBQ wildcat

Post by BBQ wildcat »

Yeah, if it is Fisch, I am done with UA football for all time. We will be mired in mediocrity (or worse) for longer than I would be able to watch football. Robbins sure knows how to drive alumni away, doesn't he?
aznavcat

Post by aznavcat »

Thanks Choo. Based on the requisite qualifications that the AD laid out in his press conference and Fisch's obvious lack of said qualifications, this seems like an obvious case of cronyism/nepotism. I wonder, if hired, if Fisch's hiring could be challenged and rescinded? And the President fired for cause (gross incompetence)? The U of A cannot afford another lame duck HC for 5 years or we'll all become NAU fans.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Spaceman Spiff wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 7:34 pm
ChooChooCat wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 6:51 pm

That's the bizarre part about Fisch. What's his actual selling point? I don't see it at all.

I texted a friend that there are probably 8 position coaches just as qualified as Fisch in the AFC East alone. His resume is nothing, no one's excited about him, he has no ties here, he's not a big personality...what is there?
There is no selling point to any one not named Bobby Robbins.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Heeke is such a cuck.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

BBQ wildcat wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 7:45 pm Yeah, if it is Fisch, I am done with UA football for all time. We will be mired in mediocrity (or worse) for longer than I would be able to watch football. Robbins sure knows how to drive alumni away, doesn't he?
Yeah, I'm not interested in supporting Fisch. If he magically proves me wrong, ok, but this has a firing in another 3-4 years written all over it.

Arizona Football already pretty much killed my interest with the end of the RichRod era and Sumlin's dumpster fire. This is pretty much the end of the road.
UofAlum05

Post by UofAlum05 »

In my 30+ years of following college sports I've never seen anything like this.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Chicat wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 8:00 pm Heeke is such a cuck.
I don't think I've ever seen an athletic director treated like this. Truly an oddity for an AD to repeatedly get overruled by the university president.
AZCatGirl

Post by AZCatGirl »

Has a decision really been made? And if so, did Robbins get his way?
“The reality is that the hardest games to win are over teams on their home court. Teams that don’t play those games can spin it however they want, but what they’re saying is, ‘We don’t want to lose in our non conference season.’" - Sean Miller
UofAlum05

Post by UofAlum05 »

I can't believe this. This is so stunningly bad.
BeardownZonaZona

Post by BeardownZonaZona »

Don't tell me we hired Robbin's boy. I'm done with football if so
I said what I said and I mean it.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

So what is the verdict? Choo?
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Announcement coming tomorrow. I don't know who yet. I'm not as keyed into football guys, wish I had more.
AzCatFan2

Post by AzCatFan2 »

Hire Fisch and I'm done being an Arizona fan and giving money to the school until Robbins, Heeke, and Fisch are all gone, or we win the PAC-12 in football. It's that bad of a hire, and I thought Sumlin would be the disaster he turned out to be. Fisch would make the Sumlin hire look good!
AZCatGirl

Post by AZCatGirl »

Ugh, I have a bad feeling Robbins is getting his way if we're announcing tomorrow.
“The reality is that the hardest games to win are over teams on their home court. Teams that don’t play those games can spin it however they want, but what they’re saying is, ‘We don’t want to lose in our non conference season.’" - Sean Miller
Lando05

Post by Lando05 »

It smells ike Fisch...
ByJoveByJingle

Post by ByJoveByJingle »

Alright boys, time to fire up the torches and sharpen the pitchforks. Any spare guillotines in Tucson?