Player Haters Ball

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Spaceman Spiff

Player Haters Ball

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

I figure I own up. I'm hating pretty hard on Arizona Football's hiring process and Fisch. So, I'll just embrace my inner hater.

What can you say about Arizona Football's roster that hasn't been said about Afghanistan?

To President Robbins:

To our incoming coach(es):

I feel like this process has shown the emperor has no clothes:

And yeah, I'm sort of melting and this thread isn't 100% serious. If you don't like it:

The last gif I was going to use is too profane for a family board. Merry Christmas, it's only football!
84Cat

Re: Player Haters Ball

Post by 84Cat »

Did I hear that you want a rant? Let me present Bill Burr and one of the most epic rants ever

BBQ wildcat

Post by BBQ wildcat »

Couldn't figure out how to put the video here, only the link.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZR_jubXHc0w
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

BBQ wildcat wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 12:24 pm Couldn't figure out how to put the video here, only the link.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZR_jubXHc0w
Right click on the video and click on copy embed code

BBQ wildcat

Post by BBQ wildcat »

Ah, thanks.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Thought I’d duck in here as Christmas Eve turns to Christmas to check in on Arizona Football.

What’s that? Still a dumpster fire?

Ok. Good to fucking know.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
TheCat

Post by TheCat »

Guys the search is over. We need to hope this guy does well now. It is not his fault he gave it his best and got hired. Let's pray he can sell recruits the same way he sold the Admin. Here's hoping he does well and that is family is welcomed into the Arizona Family.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

F him, F Robbins and F 2020. AZ football is fine thanks to that chipper dickhead. Merry Christmas all
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

Meh. Whatever gets Robbins and Heeke the f out faster. 90% of the fan base is totally checked out now. So screw them.
AV8RCAT

Post by AV8RCAT »

TheCat wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 8:05 am Guys the search is over. We need to hope this guy does well now. It is not his fault he gave it his best and got hired. Let's pray he can sell recruits the same way he sold the Admin. Here's hoping he does well and that is family is welcomed into the Arizona Family.
Nothing else we can really do. He better do something to get this town behind him. Maybe give out free hot dogs in the parking lot of a different Walmart every weekend.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

Also, he did not "sell admin". It was just pure grift and nepotism for Robbins' buddy. No one else in "admin" wanted him.
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

AV8RCAT wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 8:39 am
TheCat wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 8:05 am Guys the search is over. We need to hope this guy does well now. It is not his fault he gave it his best and got hired. Let's pray he can sell recruits the same way he sold the Admin. Here's hoping he does well and that is family is welcomed into the Arizona Family.
Nothing else we can really do. He better do something to get this town behind him. Maybe give out free hot dogs in the parking lot of a different Walmart every weekend.
what the fuck are you trying to say about the fan base and tucson in general with this crap?
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

This is my thought. Robbins obviously disregarded the athletic department, ex-players and fans because he thinks he knows best.

So, I have no issue with making him and Fisch prove it. It looks like we would have gotten Brennan or Niumatalolo, probably our choice of the two. That's what I'd have done.

I'm not exactly gonna bend over backwards to wish a crony hire success. If Fisch proves me wrong, I'll admit I was wrong. I don't feel like I owe any support before that point. When the process is essentially a middle finger to ex-players, fans and alums, you reap what you sow.

I feel like I've moved on in my fandom and it's time to make Arizona football earn my rooting for them.
BBQ wildcat

Post by BBQ wildcat »

Completely agree, Spiff. The more they lose, the faster we will be rid of Robbins, Heeke, and Fisch. Fisch "earned" zip, nada. And he did not meet the supposed criteria. Arizona football is dead to me as long as those 3 are still at the UA.
AV8RCAT

Post by AV8RCAT »

PieceOfMeat wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 9:37 am
Yeah, a real press conference thud, but I no longer care enough to riot in the streets, or really, do more than see what happens.
AV8RCAT

Post by AV8RCAT »

AV8RCAT wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 10:23 am
PieceOfMeat wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 9:37 am
Yeah, a real press conference thud, but I no longer care enough to riot in the streets, or really, do more than see what happens.
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

While I agree he was not the most qualified candidate I’m getting more soft in my old years so I’m know longer going to bitch and moan - because being a Cats fan for 40 years you just learn to get over shit quickly- and hold judgement until Fisch picks his staff. I want to see what the entire coaching staff looks like.

This is an out of the box selection so when you swing for the fences you might connect mightily or look foolish trying. That’s where I am now.

I’m certainly not going to take my fandom ball and go home because of how the selection was handled. It is what it is.

One day Lucy will actually let Charlie Brown kick that ball. I know it. 😛
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

EastCoastCat wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 10:33 am I’m certainly not going to take my fandom ball and go home because of how the selection was handled. It is what it is.

So, I'm not just hating blindly like when I started this thread.

I am done with giving people a chance. Robbins pulled rank to get Sumlin, and I tried to give him a chance. It was a disaster.

Now, 3 years later, the SAME EFFING THING happens. So I'm done with supporting just because. If Robbins wants to repeatedly do whatever he wants, I have no qualms making my loyalty contingent on results.

If Robbins/Heeke had showed true concern to the feelings of ex-players and alums, we wouldn't have Fisch. If I/we don't matter to them, I don't feel like I'm obligated to have them matter to me. It's a two way street.
Last edited by Spaceman Spiff on Fri Dec 25, 2020 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Carcassdragger

Post by Carcassdragger »

Exactly!!
2020 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2018 BEARDOWN WILDCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
2017 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2013 GOAZCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
ramcat

Post by ramcat »

Spaceman Spiff wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 10:56 am
EastCoastCat wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 10:33 am I’m certainly not going to take my fandom ball and go home because of how the selection was handled. It is what it is.

So, I'm not just hating blindly like when I started this thread.

I am done with giving people a chance. Robbins pulled rank to get Sumlin, and I tried to give him a chance. It was a disaster.

Now, 3 years later, the SAME EFFING THING happens. So I'm done with supporting just because. If Robbins wants to repeatedly do whatever he wants, I have no qualms making my loyalty contingent on results.

If Robbins/Heeke had showed true concern to the feelings of ex-players and alums, we wouldn't have Fisch. If I/we don't matter to them, I don't feel like I'm obligated to have them matter to me. It's a two way street.
Exactly!!
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

spiffs last couple posts are exactly my thoughts also
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update: