Arizona at Oregon Discussion

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

scumdevils86

Arizona at Oregon Discussion

Post by scumdevils86 »

I have no idea how this team will be motivated to play on the road against a good team. Even if they were we don't have more than a couple of players that can compete.

We will be brutalized. The only positive I can imagine from this game is not being shut out.

62-7 Oregon
BBQ wildcat

Re: Arizona at Oregon Discussion

Post by BBQ wildcat »

scumdevils86 wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:33 am I have no idea how this team will be motivated to play on the road against a good team. Even if they were we don't have more than a couple of players that can compete.

We will be brutalized. The only positive I can imagine from this game is not being shut out.

62-7 Oregon

You have absolutely no reason to be so optimistic.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

This thread should just get locked now before people smart giving their opinions.....
Carcassdragger

Post by Carcassdragger »

Our defense is not pathetic as in previous years. They will make some plays but will be on the field almost all night after our offense goes three and out every series while gaining negative yards.

Oregon will ass rape our offense but Berryhill and Cunningham will make some plays while Joiner continues to be ignored.

Oregon 55-7.
2020 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2018 BEARDOWN WILDCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
2017 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2013 GOAZCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Oregon opens at =27.
U.P. Zona Fan

Post by U.P. Zona Fan »

That's it?
Arizona State might have the most surprisingly anemic history in men's basketball of any program that you might think is better than it is.
-Norlander.
wyo-cat

Post by wyo-cat »

What the fuck is =27?

A tie at 27?
Last edited by wyo-cat on Sun Sep 19, 2021 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

azgreg wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 12:24 pm Oregon opens at =27.
Bet that changes pretty quick to -35.

O/U 58.5 so they are figuring a 42-14 game. Maybe the UA will get 2 TDs v. the Duck's 3rd string late in the 4Q.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Fisch is considering starting McCloud at QB.
AZCatGirl

Post by AZCatGirl »

I can only see us scoring a touchdown in the 4th quarter when all the scrubs are in. This game is going to get ugly quick.
“The reality is that the hardest games to win are over teams on their home court. Teams that don’t play those games can spin it however they want, but what they’re saying is, ‘We don’t want to lose in our non conference season.’" - Sean Miller
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Team is like Stoops first couple, no offense and built on defense. He couldn’t win until he found Willie Tuitama and I think Fisch will be the same way
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
wyo-cat

Post by wyo-cat »

azgreg wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 1:49 pm Fisch is considering starting McCloud at QB.
Considering?

He won the job on the last possession, IMHO.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

wyo-cat wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 1:53 pm
azgreg wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 1:49 pm Fisch is considering starting McCloud at QB.
Considering?

He won the job on the last possession, IMHO.
Just as much as Cruz and Plummer lost their jobs due to being awful P5 QBs.

McCloud only threw 2 picks last season in 194 pass attempts. Plummer had that in 1 game against a rotten FCS team.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Out of answers. Start the third string QB. Maybe that will do it. What the hell has the head coach been looking at this summer?
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Maybe McCloud isn't a practice player.
wyo-cat

Post by wyo-cat »

azgreg wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 1:59 pm Maybe McCloud isn't a practice player.
He came In really late, IIRC. Like early August.

MacCloud looked pretty good to me. He had a bad series and a pick, but shook it off like a champ. He looked like a D1 QB to me.

Plummer looked like shit after the pick 6. He got the hook too late.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

wyo-cat wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 3:39 pm

MacCloud looked pretty good to me. He had a bad series and a pick, but shook it off like a champ. He looked like a D1 QB to me.

McCloud didn't have a pick. However, he did give up a bad sack on his first play. After that he went 6 for 7, 66 yards and a TD.
wyo-cat

Post by wyo-cat »

I’ll be the first to admit….

I had a few belts last night. My bad. 🤪
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

wyo-cat wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 3:43 pm I’ll be the first to admit….

I had a few belts last night. My bad. 🤪
You weren't alone.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Who didn't?
Siempre Verde

Post by Siempre Verde »

Merkin wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 3:52 pmWho didn't?
Sadly, I didn’t. Taking some time away from alcohol. You all should have seen that crap sober and in standard definition. Woof…
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

AZCatGirl

Post by AZCatGirl »

I mean, there isn't exactly any other choice at this point. He's kinda stating the obvious here.
“The reality is that the hardest games to win are over teams on their home court. Teams that don’t play those games can spin it however they want, but what they’re saying is, ‘We don’t want to lose in our non conference season.’" - Sean Miller
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

Anything...just anything...at this point.
Sid

Post by Sid »

wyo-cat wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 3:39 pm

Should’ve been the starter day one. Yes, late to the party, but Fisch wasn’t going to change his offense anyways. I believe Fisch on paper thought Cruz was best suited to run his offense. Now he needs to adapt and figure some shit out real quick to give Jordan a chance to succeed with a porous OLine. Jesus, we have a ton of Rich Rod film on how to utilize a guy like Jordan, time to swallow your pride and earn that paycheck. This will be interesting…..
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Let’s go out there and try not to get prison raped.

- Arizona Football 2021 (It’s Personal)
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Can't believe it took Fisch 2.9 games to give McCloud a chance. Even Stoops got Foles in quicker than that and saved his ass.

It's a shame because except for SDSU defense has been respectable. Fisch the QB guru and offensive genius can't adapt.
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
Postmaster

Post by Postmaster »

Arizona Football 2021: It’s Personnel
Basketcats

Post by Basketcats »

All of this QB discussion really should be focused more towards the O line instead. Cruz, Plummer, McCloud all are going to be pummeled into a bloody flesh pile unless someone goes and rents a few O lineman that can play their respective positions. We are about to be blanked. 56-0.
:|
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Chicat wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 7:59 am Let’s go out there and try not to get prison raped.

- Arizona Football 2021 (It’s Personal)
Arizona Football: It Can Always Get Worse.

I've long felt that should be the true slogan. It's the only true thing.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Mentioned this on FB, but thinking about keeping the score less than the spread would be to chew a lot of time off the clock.

Do the Chuck Levy v. Oregon playbook. Don't pass.

UA now has a FB, and can run 2 TEs. Maximize the play clock and just run run run, rotating RBs.
gronk4heisman

Post by gronk4heisman »

You can only chew so much time off the clock running repeatedly to three and outs. We are averaging 2.9 yards per carry and we have played two of our three games against teams whose other opponents were averaging over 6 yard per carry. NAU had 10 TFL on us because our OL is so bad.

The thing that makes no sense is Carroll was supposed to be our best coaching get and all his does is coach OL. They are absolutely awful and for some reason it looks like we are likely only getting two new average guys in this upcoming class there unless something major changes.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

gronk4heisman wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:09 am You can only chew so much time off the clock running repeatedly to three and outs. We are averaging 2.9 yards per carry and we have played two of our three games against teams whose other opponents were averaging over 6 yard per carry. NAU had 10 TFL on us because our OL is so bad.

The thing that makes no sense is Carroll was supposed to be our best coaching get and all his does is coach OL. They are absolutely awful and for some reason it looks like we are likely only getting two new average guys in this upcoming class there unless something major changes.
That's the conundrum. Our passing game is bad and we can't attack through the air. Yet, our ground game is even worse and we're even more hopelessly screwed when we try to run the ball.

Perhaps taking a knee all 3 downs to run some clock with minimal turnover risk? I don't know, pretty hard up for solutions.
gronk4heisman

Post by gronk4heisman »

Is it to late to hire an OC and play caller? Fisch is not good at it and Carroll, I am not sure what he does but it isn't good.
DrWildcat

Post by DrWildcat »

The only thing that gives me hope this weekend is that the best PAC12 team is bound to lose to a garbage team at some point. That garbage team might as well be us.
gronk4heisman

Post by gronk4heisman »

DrWildcat wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:42 pm The only thing that gives me hope this weekend is that the best PAC12 team is bound to lose to a garbage team at some point. That garbage team might as well be us.
Being a garbage team is what we hope to improve to by the end of the year, we aren't there yet.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Joiner played QB at Cienega. He's next I guess.
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

DrWildcat wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:42 pm The only thing that gives me hope this weekend is that the best PAC12 team is bound to lose to a garbage team at some point. That garbage team might as well be us.
Please don’t let this happen. The last thing anyone wants to see is a shit team like ours killing the last hope of the conference getting a playoff invite.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

No doubt Joiner would pass on that, being that the OL is so bad they can't protect the QB. Get his less at WR.

Last I read, Fisch said Cruz wasn't getting any snaps in practice, so we even put him on their as an "OR"?
gronk4heisman

Post by gronk4heisman »

Merkin wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 2:49 pm No doubt Joiner would pass on that, being that the OL is so bad they can't protect the QB. Get his less at WR.

Last I read, Fisch said Cruz wasn't getting any snaps in practice, so we even put him on their as an "OR"?
He was getting scout team reps last week, but sounds like he moved up and Plummer down to 3 now. I would not want to start for this team as it is a kiss of death. Here is a concept, how about you make the offense easier for your team to understand/run coach?
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

gronk4heisman wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 2:59 pm Here is a concept, how about you make the offense easier for your team to understand/run coach?
What's a pro style set anyway that Fisch has been pushing?

Whatever it is, the UA QBs are not capable of running it. At least Cruz and Plummer.

Don't think any of the QBs have great wheels like Tate and Denker, but another formation like the triple option does tend to confuse college defenses which rarely see it. UA supposedly has some fast RBs.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

gronk4heisman wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 2:59 pm
Merkin wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 2:49 pm No doubt Joiner would pass on that, being that the OL is so bad they can't protect the QB. Get his less at WR.

He was getting scout team reps last week, but sounds like he moved up and Plummer down to 3 now. I would not want to start for this team as it is a kiss of death. Here is a concept, how about you make the offense easier for your team to understand/run coach?
What is death after losing to NAU? If that's life, maybe death isn't that bad.
Sid

Post by Sid »

Merkin wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 3:04 pm
gronk4heisman wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 2:59 pm Here is a concept, how about you make the offense easier for your team to understand/run coach?
What's a pro style set anyway that Fisch has been pushing?

Whatever it is, the UA QBs are not capable of running it. At least Cruz and Plummer.

Don't think any of the QBs have great wheels like Tate and Denker, but another formation like the triple option does tend to confuse college defenses which rarely see it. UA supposedly has some fast RBs.
Having your QB ball slap the center as he lines up under center to receive the rock. Something Wisconsin and many other schools can do successfully because they have a huge fucking OLine!!!

To be honest, something any normal coach would’ve scrapped day one as they assessed our current OLine deficiencies.

I thought Jordan should’ve been the starter in game 1, but I’ve never been a head football coach either. Ugh.
DrWildcat

Post by DrWildcat »

Chicat wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 2:46 pm
Please don’t let this happen. The last thing anyone wants to see is a shit team like ours killing the last hope of the conference getting a playoff invite.
Oh its going to happen. When has it not? But I'm pretty sure it won't be a loss to UA.
CopaCat

Post by CopaCat »

Another novel concept is to stop playing musical QB's. Cruz looked decent against BYU and then looked terrible against SDST(possibly a better D and an even worse performance by our O-Line). Plummer has always been consistently bad. Now onto McCloud. Wtf kind of garbage coaching is that? Should have stuck with Cruz IMO. OK with trying McCloud due to OLine. Using 3 QB's in 3 games without an injury is just plain terrible coaching.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

CopaCat wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 12:31 am

Another novel concept is to stop playing musical QB's. Cruz looked decent against BYU and then looked terrible against SDST(possibly a better D and an even worse performance by our O-Line). Plummer has always been consistently bad. Now onto McCloud. Wtf kind of garbage coaching is that? Should have stuck with Cruz IMO. OK with trying McCloud due to OLine. Using 3 QB's in 3 games without an injury is just plain terrible coaching.
It feels like panicking because we're struggling. Probably none of the options is good enough to separate, but also bouncing from one to the next just seems to be based on flailing as the offense struggles.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Spaceman Spiff wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 10:09 am

It feels like panicking because we're struggling. Probably none of the options is good enough to separate, but also bouncing from one to the next just seems to be based on flailing as the offense struggles.
Yeah but did you see Gronk catch that ball dropped from a helicopter?
CopaCat

Post by CopaCat »

Spaceman Spiff wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 10:09 am

Flailing Fisch. Has a good ring to it.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »