77 Jordan Morgan

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

ANGCatFan

77 Jordan Morgan

Post by ANGCatFan »

Morgan is a 6-6, 325, Senior offensive lineman from Marana, AZ. In the last 4 years he has started 25 games at left tackle. Since the end of his Freshman year, Morgan has started every game that he has played in. Unfortunately, he has also missed some games every year due to injury. Last year he was first team all-conference and Morgan is only back this year because he tore his ACL last year. Morgan will be our starting left tackle and if he stays healthy he will be a high draft pick. Here's Morgan's draft profile from NFLdraftbuzz.com:
SCOUTING REPORT: STRENGTHS
Shows excellent awareness when presented with stunts and blitzes, and Morgan works well with teammates on combo blocks
Has broad shoulders and flashes the playing strength and power to overwhelm at the point of attack.
Exhibits good patience in pass protection, sitting back in his set rather than leaning and lunging.
In the run game, he plays with a mean streak and does a nice job generating a push at the initial point of attack. Morgan can get outside and does a decent job landing blocks in space.
As a pass protector, he plays with good balance and holds up against the bull rush. Morgan has strong hands and does a nice job gripping and latching on once he has his hands on the pass rusher.
Solid positional run blocker who flashes the nasty demeanor and killer instinct scouts covet.
SCOUTING REPORT: WEAKNESSES
Is a little too much of a waist bender, and Morgan doesn’t play with ideal power and functional strength. Most concerning - he often gets caught dropping his head, a bad habit that will have to be corrected.
Tends to slip off blocks when going against bigger linemen, and he too often finishes plays on the ground.
Needs to prove his worth in a straight-ahead running game.
Siempre Verde

Re: 77 Jordan Morgan

Post by Siempre Verde »

Well how about that?

Well done sir, even though I can’t stand the Pack, I’m rooting for you!
wyo-cat

Post by wyo-cat »

2 years in a row local kids went first round.
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

Siempre Verde wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:18 pm Well how about that?

Well done sir, even though I can’t stand the Pack, I’m rooting for you!
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
Ghost

Post by Ghost »

Nice recruiting job by Sumlin. He got another first rounder. Miracles do happen.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Who the fuck is this slob?
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Don’t really follow the draft but so very happy for JM. I was hearing he was rated down as low as the 8th to 10th tackle to be taken by the talking heads. That obviously was way off because he had to be in the top 5. Anyone know how many other tackles were drafted in front of him?
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

azcat49 wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:50 am Don’t really follow the draft but so very happy for JM. I was hearing he was rated down as low as the 8th to 10th tackle to be taken by the talking heads. That obviously was way off because he had to be in the top 5. Anyone know how many other tackles were drafted in front of him?
Using the CBS Draft tracker, it looks like he was the 6th OT taken and one guard was also taken before him.
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
gronk4heisman

Post by gronk4heisman »

Chicat wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:32 am Who the fuck is this slob?

This being entertaining makes about as much sense to me as Larry the cable guy, and somehow this is the most highly rated sports talk crew.