75 Josh Baker

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

ANGCatFan

75 Josh Baker

Post by ANGCatFan »

Baker is a 6-3, 305, Junior offensive lineman from Eureka, MO. He has played in every game over the past 2 years with 19 starts including every game last season at center. Baker will be our starting center this year in what could be our best O-line in many years.

Nice interview with Baker from this spring:
Last edited by ANGCatFan on Fri Aug 11, 2023 7:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
ProfessorFate

Re: 75 Josh Baker

Post by ProfessorFate »

Ang, love that you do this every year.

Regarding your statement that this could be our best line in many years, what is your reason for optimism? Our line pretty much sucked last year and we didn't sign anyone in the portal.

I realize we have some talented freshmen coming in, but they rarely produce on the oline that young.

I wish I shared your optimism. I think our online is our weakest link.
2023 Football RAP Champion
2022 Mark Schlabach Memorial Bracket Champion
2017 Bear Down Wildcats Survival Pool Champion
azcat49

Re: 75 Josh Baker

Post by azcat49 »

Much improved OLine. Morgan is a first rounder (needs to stay healthy). You have Moe who is now in his sophomore year and has had a year in our strength program. Baker is not an all PAC guy but graded out last year as one of our three top lineman. Savaiinea has moved to right tackle showing how good he is. We do need to find a guy inside and it could be Pulido (Bama recruit we pulled) or maybe Langi who played a bunch of snaps at tackle (not his natural position).

Of course they have to prove they are improved but I think we will see they are. You are not wrong to say they are our weakest position group on offense but I think they will be a pretty good group
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion