7 Jayden de Laura

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

azgreg

Re: 7 Jayden de Laura

Post by azgreg »

azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

So not surprisingly, no college team wanted to take his baggage, not even coach Fraud who seemed to love him
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Posting for Merkin and Ari:

We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

I am also declaring for the NFL draft now that I’m in my 28th year of not getting a college scholarship to play football.

Respect my decision
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Chicat wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 8:26 pm I am also declaring for the NFL draft now that I’m in my 28th year of not getting a college scholarship to play football.

Respect my decision
#godsplan
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
tgrumpy2

Post by tgrumpy2 »

well I know I'll catch a lot of stuff from some people here but if the draft doesn't look all that promising to him (there are a lot of good QBs coming out this year) and he's figured out he's not gonna start anywhere he may as well come back to us for his final year. I wouldn't mind him as a backup with D1 experience.
AZCatGirl

Post by AZCatGirl »

Or he could just move on with his life. He already has a degree.
“The reality is that the hardest games to win are over teams on their home court. Teams that don’t play those games can spin it however they want, but what they’re saying is, ‘We don’t want to lose in our non conference season.’" - Sean Miller
Ghost

Post by Ghost »

Jedd got caught with his pants down on JDL for sure.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

JDL gets a mention although this is regarding an UW-SP athlete.

Colleges give athletes a pass on sex crimes committed as minors

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/inv ... 852426007/

Grimstad’s case exposes the shortcomings of a recently adopted NCAA rule that requires schools to annually vet athletes for incidents of sexual or violent misconduct. Although athletes typically have been minors for most of their lives by the time they play in college, the rule does not require schools to ask about juvenile cases. Many schools don’t.
Days earlier, a Minnesota juvenile court jury had found Grimstad responsible for sexually abusing Boudreau on several occasions over three years, beginning when he was 14 and she was 11. At his sentencing in December 2022, a judge would order Grimstad – by then an adult, adjudicated delinquent of crimes committed as a minor – to undergo sex offender treatment and register with the state’s Predatory Offender list for a decade.
The NCAA rule, which took effect in the 2022-23 academic year, requires colleges to “take reasonable steps” to determine whether athletes have been criminally convicted or disciplined by a school for a range of serious misconduct, including sexual assault, dating violence and assault causing serious bodily harm.
Even when schools know of athletes’ troubled juvenile histories, nothing in the NCAA policy stops schools from letting them play.

In an infamous case, Oregon State University kept on its baseball team a star pitcher named Luke Heimlich after a news article revealed he was a registered sex offender who had pleaded guilty in juvenile court as a 15-year-old to sexually abusing his 6-year-old niece.

University of Arizona quarterback Jayden de Laura and University of Wisconsin-Madison safety Kamo’i Latu pleaded guilty in juvenile court in Hawaii to sexually assaulting a female classmate hours after leading their high school football team to victory in the state championship game, according to a lawsuit the woman filed against them in December 2021.

Carcassdragger

Post by Carcassdragger »

We should bring JDL back as our #2 if we can.
2020 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2018 BEARDOWN WILDCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
2017 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2013 GOAZCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Carcassdragger wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:06 am We should bring JDL back as our #2 if we can.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Yea, that's not happening. Fisch could use the excuse that he didn't know about the rape until after JDL was already enrolled as a student, but Brennan can't use it and it probably never came up in discussion.

If of all people Fisch won't pick up JDL to backup Rogers, then you know he is toxic.
pc in NM

Post by pc in NM »

Merkin wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:09 am Yea, that's not happening. Fisch could use the excuse that he didn't know about the rape until after JDL was already enrolled as a student, but Brennan can't use it and it probably never came up in discussion.

If of all people Fisch won't pick up JDL to backup Rogers, then you know he is toxic.
By all reports I've seen, JDL was an excellent citizen as a student-athlete while at the U of A. While one can surely criticize the original choice to recruit him, given his history, that too is now "history". And I think he deserves to be judged on his behavior since he came to campus. Not to forget his past, but to recognize how he has been while here. Everyone deserves to be "rehabilitated" - something that is a core American value, IMNSHO (given that many original immigrants to North America came with criminal histories themselves)....
“If you have the choice between humble and cocky, go with cocky. There's always time to be humble later, once you've been proven horrendously, irrevocably wrong.”

― Kinky Friedman
Ghost

Post by Ghost »

pc in NM wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:17 am
Merkin wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:09 am Yea, that's not happening. Fisch could use the excuse that he didn't know about the rape until after JDL was already enrolled as a student, but Brennan can't use it and it probably never came up in discussion.

By all reports I've seen, JDL was an excellent citizen as a student-athlete while at the U of A. While one can surely criticize the original choice to recruit him, given his history, that too is now "history". And I think he deserves to be judged on his behavior since he came to campus. Not to forget his past, but to recognize how he has been while here. Everyone deserves to be "rehabilitated" - something that is a core American value, IMNSHO (given that many original immigrants to North America came with criminal histories themselves)....
You must’ve been listening to our local media who’s been wrong about so many things. You didn’t hear about the sideline fights with singer? You didn’t hear about the locker room altercation that he was in? He was terrible on the team he was not a model Citizen. Fisch promised him the starting position, and he only lost it because of injury.Fisch loves bad guys because he’s one of them.
pc in NM

Post by pc in NM »

Ghost wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:42 pm
pc in NM wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:17 am

You must’ve been listening to our local media who’s been wrong about so many things. You didn’t hear about the sideline fights with singer? You didn’t hear about the locker room altercation that he was in? He was terrible on the team he was not a model Citizen. Fisch promised him the starting position, and he only lost it because of injury.Fisch loves bad guys because he’s one of them.
All new to me. I don't read local media, and don't recall seeing any of those details discussed here.
“If you have the choice between humble and cocky, go with cocky. There's always time to be humble later, once you've been proven horrendously, irrevocably wrong.”

― Kinky Friedman
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

I recall that altercation with Singer. Just confusion on what route Singer was to run and they got over it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSfRnD4oIo4

Ghost

Post by Ghost »

Merkin wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:44 pm I recall that altercation with Singer. Just confusion on what route Singer was to run and they got over it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSfRnD4oIo4

There was a lot more than went on than that. Him being a an alleged rapist isn’t the only reason why fish didn’t take him at Washington, and other teams aren’t taking him, and he got kicked off of Texas State.