Vs Miss St discussion.

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

AzCatFan2

Re: Vs Miss St discussion.

Post by AzCatFan2 »

I'm not worried about the weather or conditioning. Temps in the 80s, even with the humidity, will be comfortable for our guys, used to practicing in hotter temps. And some humidity during monsoon season. I am worried about the lines holding up.

Last year, I felt our skill players were about equal to that of Miss State, but they dominated both lines. We weren't ready for big boy football, it it showed. I feel our O-line is better, and JDL has a better command of the offense. And while the D looks the part in terms of size and strength, we'll get a true test on Saturday. Hold our own against MSU, and that will be a good sign for the rest of the year.

One thing we need to do, regardless, is cut down on the mistakes. Can't have 3 turnovers and 3 15-yard penalties that keep drives alive, like roughing the kicker, or gives up automatic 1st downs. Can get away with this against NAU. Not Miss State.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

No way Padilla gets back IMO. That means Langhi, Hand or Borjon with Big Jonah moving back inside.

JDL will either lead us to victory or he will struggle and we will likely lose but two scores.

On defense Manu, Prysocks, IT and most of this defense now never played a snap last year. It will be interesting to see the difference

My gut tells me we play well and it comes down the fourth quarter
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
RichardCranium

Post by RichardCranium »

AzCatFan2 wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 3:56 pm I'm not worried about the weather or conditioning. Temps in the 80s, even with the humidity, will be comfortable for our guys, used to practicing in hotter temps. And some humidity during monsoon season. I am worried about the lines holding up.

Last year, I felt our skill players were about equal to that of Miss State, but they dominated both lines. We weren't ready for big boy football, it it showed. I feel our O-line is better, and JDL has a better command of the offense. And while the D looks the part in terms of size and strength, we'll get a true test on Saturday. Hold our own against MSU, and that will be a good sign for the rest of the year.

One thing we need to do, regardless, is cut down on the mistakes. Can't have 3 turnovers and 3 15-yard penalties that keep drives alive, like roughing the kicker, or gives up automatic 1st downs. Can get away with this against NAU. Not Miss State.
20% humidity in 100-degree weather in August chubasco season in Tucson is NOT EQUAL to 85% humidity with 90-degree weather in Mississippi football stadiums.

That said while most of our guys do come from more humid conditions, this is none the less a health threat.
Any sufficiently advanced troll is indistinguishable from a genuine kook.
AzCatFan2

Post by AzCatFan2 »

RichardCranium wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 11:01 pm
AzCatFan2 wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 3:56 pm I'm not worried about the weather or conditioning. Temps in the 80s, even with the humidity, will be comfortable for our guys, used to practicing in hotter temps. And some humidity during monsoon season. I am worried about the lines holding up.

20% humidity in 100-degree weather in August chubasco season in Tucson is NOT EQUAL to 85% humidity with 90-degree weather in Mississippi football stadiums.

That said while most of our guys do come from more humid conditions, this is none the less a health threat.
20% humidity in August for Tucson would be half of the average, which is 44% (https://wanderlog.com/weather/58172/8/t ... at%2019%25.) 100 degrees and 40% humidity isn't going to feel much different than a high of 84 degrees, and 62% humidity, which is the forecast for Saturday's game. To put it further into perspective, the dew point on Saturday at MSU will be around 72 degrees, which is very similar to the dew point for an average monsoon day in Tucson.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

The forecast for game time is low 80s and about 50% humidity. Won't be a factor.
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

Weather is way down the list of things that worry me about this game...
TheCatInTheHat

Post by TheCatInTheHat »

One point I hadn't noticed is their OTs line up way back of the LOS. Not sure what the rule is about that in terms of acceptable distance back, versus procedure for not having 7 on the line. Maybe they always have 4 receivers on the LOS. Otherwise, it's kind of like a batter kicking away the chalk on the back of the batter's box and staying way back there. If it's entirely discretionary for SEC refs, no calls for that, but it's still an interesting situation.
KillerKlown

Post by KillerKlown »

Unless a blizzard or thunder storm rolls by weather won't be a factor. Humidity has to be the most overrated factor always used against Arizona football. Non factor. These aren't some old, fat guys with arthritis and cpaps down from the bleachers like those Sumlin built teams.
Mike Luke's burner account.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Heat index with 70% humidity in not says it will be 82 degrees at kick off. Might be sweating and we may see some late cramping but it should have little effect fatigue wise
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

TheCatInTheHat wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 9:16 am One point I hadn't noticed is their OTs line up way back of the LOS. Not sure what the rule is about that in terms of acceptable distance back, versus procedure for not having 7 on the line. Maybe they always have 4 receivers on the LOS. Otherwise, it's kind of like a batter kicking away the chalk on the back of the batter's box and staying way back there. If it's entirely discretionary for SEC refs, no calls for that, but it's still an interesting situation.
Hopefully with last night’s Chiefs game, the refs will be paying attention to that bullshit. You can’t have your left guard practically playing fullback.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

They got flagged once in their first game and I just don’t expect any help from what I assume will be an SEC crew
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

azcat49 wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 10:42 am They got flagged once in their first game and I just don’t expect any help from what I assume will be an SEC crew
Should be a neutral crew shouldn't it?
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

I think in these home and homes that each conference refs one game. Some teams like their guys on the road and others just say let their conference guys handle the home games. Just don’t know how this was handled
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

I think we surprise
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

azcat49 wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 11:11 am I think in these home and homes that each conference refs one game. Some teams like their guys on the road and others just say let their conference guys handle the home games. Just don’t know how this was handled
Lev just retweeted someone who said it’s Pac-12 officials.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Chicat wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 2:28 pm
azcat49 wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 11:11 am I think in these home and homes that each conference refs one game. Some teams like their guys on the road and others just say let their conference guys handle the home games. Just don’t know how this was handled
Lev just retweeted someone who said it’s Pac-12 officials.
Is that better or worse LOL?
-JB
TheCat

Post by TheCat »

Just hope it is a competitive game, no injuries and that we make progress on our mistakes from last week. I think they will win but looking for a decent game.
Carcassdragger

Post by Carcassdragger »

If we win Arizona fan says not a word about the officiating. If we win, Arizona fan blames the loss pretty much entirely on the officiating.
2020 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2018 BEARDOWN WILDCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
2017 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2013 GOAZCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
RichardCranium

Post by RichardCranium »

AzCatFan2 wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 7:27 am

20% humidity in August for Tucson would be half of the average, which is 44% (https://wanderlog.com/weather/58172/8/t ... at%2019%25.) 100 degrees and 40% humidity isn't going to feel much different than a high of 84 degrees, and 62% humidity, which is the forecast for Saturday's game. To put it further into perspective, the dew point on Saturday at MSU will be around 72 degrees, which is very similar to the dew point for an average monsoon day in Tucson.
I stand corrected on the humidity.
Any sufficiently advanced troll is indistinguishable from a genuine kook.
pc in NM

Post by pc in NM »

RichardCranium wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 1:05 am
AzCatFan2 wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 7:27 am

I stand corrected on the humidity.
August weather averages, Tucson:
High/Low Temps - 98 / 72
Humidity, at max temp - 33%

September weather averages, Tucson:
High/Low Temps - 95 / 67
Humidity, at max temp - 26%

https://www.visittucson.org/plan-your-v ... n/weather/

And, Temp/Humidity calculations:

“If you have the choice between humble and cocky, go with cocky. There's always time to be humble later, once you've been proven horrendously, irrevocably wrong.”

― Kinky Friedman
Captain Obvious

Post by Captain Obvious »

Easy win for Mississippi St. coupled with the reality check that we still suck. This one is going to be ugly my friends, trust me. 52-24 Bulldogs
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

Obviously...
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Nobody here is your friend CO.
-JB
wyo-cat

Post by wyo-cat »

Starkville is a shitty place. If I never set foot in that place or state the rest of my life, I’m OK with that.
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

Those friggin cowbells would make me lose it.

That and Florida State Tomahawk chop have to be up there for the most annoying crowd actions.
Carcassdragger

Post by Carcassdragger »

Can anybody help with a stream?
UAdevil

Post by UAdevil »

^ Same.
Solid stream seeking. :-)
Love the 've! Stop with the: Would of - Could of - Should of - Must of - Might of
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

Streameast
TheCatInTheHat

Spectrum vs. Disney

Post by TheCatInTheHat »

Charter Communications (Spectrum) is in: New York City, LA, Dallas, Tampa, Orlando, Cleveland, Charlotte, and many other markets. So, they're in contract negotiations with Disney Corp, which owns: ESPN/ESPN2/ESPNU, and a number of other channels, which includes (of course) the SEC Network which is carrying our game today. And Disney has pulled the plug in their little game of chicken with Spectrum. Not remotely interested in any catechism on cord-cutting, the future of technology, or any of that. The Dodgers and Lakers show virtually every game on Spectrum, and for this one remaining school year, I've got every Pac-12 Network Channel, which pretty much settles it. But, during this dispute, I temporarily added Hulu+, which is majority owned by Disney. Took about 2 minutes to sign up on Hulu.com, and another 2 minutes to authenticate on an LG smart TV. And you get a scroll-down menu with their channels, just like cable. The SEC Network works fine, I believe there's a cloud-based DVR, and other channels. $70 for the first month, cancel at any time, and hopefully the lawyers will figure it out in that amount of time. I'm sure there are many other options, like maybe Sling and whatever bootleg feeds you can find. But, if this helps anybody, with a quick and easy solution for the cost, that's great.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

EastCoastCat wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 12:01 pm Streameast

www.streameast.xyz
Carcassdragger

Post by Carcassdragger »

Thanks guys.
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

Carcassdragger wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 11:38 am Can anybody help with a stream?
https://cdn.buffstreamz.fun/webplayer.p ... 1694293200
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

azgreg wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 3:53 pm If we get last year's UCLA de Laura and not last year's Mississippi St de Laura we've got a pretty good chance Saturday.
We got last year's MSU JDL.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Captain Obvious wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 7:28 am Easy win for Mississippi St. coupled with the reality check that we still suck. This one is going to be ugly my friends, trust me. 52-24 Bulldogs
Everyone should fade your terrible predictions.
AZCatGirl

Post by AZCatGirl »

Usually I'm pissed after a loss, but despite a few dumb ass plays we fought like wildcats and bear the hell'd down. Really proud of the effort this team showed. Clean up some things and we have a very bright future.
“The reality is that the hardest games to win are over teams on their home court. Teams that don’t play those games can spin it however they want, but what they’re saying is, ‘We don’t want to lose in our non conference season.’" - Sean Miller
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

Chicat wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:14 pm
Captain Obvious wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 7:28 am Easy win for Mississippi St. coupled with the reality check that we still suck. This one is going to be ugly my friends, trust me. 52-24 Bulldogs
Everyone should fade your terrible predictions.
Chicat wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:15 pm Math was not his specialty.
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

What's it like being a garbage human being?
RawleArenas

Post by RawleArenas »

Didn't watch the game, but from what I've seen on this board JDL still has miles to go. From watching him, it's very clear that he has maturity issues. I just want to see a game against a top tier team where JDL goes toe to toe with the other team's qb and really 'wows' us. He has the tools, but sometimes talent's not enough. You gotta want it.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

It took 5 turnovers and a good punt return for MSU to score 24 points against us. I feel very good about this team moving forward.
RawleArenas

Post by RawleArenas »

azgreg wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:29 pm It took 5 turnovers and a good punt return for MSU to score 24 points against us. I feel very good about this team moving forward.
JF has really impressed me with his culture and program building. Yes, the future does look bright. Although after the Stanford game, we're likely going to face 7 (yes, that's right) ranked teams in row. Absolutely brutal.
tgrumpy2

Post by tgrumpy2 »

azgreg wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:24 pm
If I'm not mistaken isn't Captain oblivious that bozo that used to call himself Tatatonka or Tittytonka or something like that. Any way he should change his nick to insufferable twit.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

tgrumpy2 wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:57 pm
If I'm not mistaken isn't Captain oblivious that bozo that used to call himself Tatatonka or Tittytonka or something like that. Any way he should change his nick to insufferable twit.
That was one of chief's socks.
-JB
KillerKlown

Post by KillerKlown »

UAEebs86 wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 9:44 pm
There was also that one "Rocky" guy that was a sock/troll acct. Forgot to who but he got called out on the ip match. Fun times.
Mike Luke's burner account.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

The talent is there. The attention to detail is not.

We shot ourselves in the foot and let MSU off the hook.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

KillerKlown wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 10:52 pm
UAEebs86 wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 9:44 pm
There was also that one "Rocky" guy that was a sock/troll acct. Forgot to who but he got called out on the ip match. Fun times.
OMG yes RockyRaccoon.

The guy who was criticizing Lute for being married 3 times. Guess he forgot about Bobbie's cancer...

He also hated TJ for being a traitor to his old team by transferring. The transfer portal must have made his head explode.
-JB
BBQ wildcat

Post by BBQ wildcat »

They brought back 19 starters from the team that beat us, in our house, by 22 points. Going toe to toe with them, losing -- in overtime -- by 7, in their house, after us having 5 TOs, gives me a lot of hope/confidence for the rest of the season. It really shows how far this team has come.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

BBQ wildcat wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 6:42 am They brought back 19 starters from the team that beat us, in our house, by 22 points. Going toe to toe with them, losing -- in overtime -- by 7, in their house, after us having 5 TOs, gives me a lot of hope/confidence for the rest of the season. It really shows how far this team has come.
The five turnovers doesn’t lessen that hope & confidence at all?
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

As a leader JDL needs to learn that being cavalier with the ball does work against you more often than not.

Incredible talent, questionable decision making
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Biggest disappointment is that JDL hasn’t seemed to have grown as a QB. So far he is more turnover prone then ever.

It just seems that forcing things to make a play is in his DNA. Look at the TD right before half. Who openly defies a coach with the clock ticking down. Tgat was incredibly risky. I mean a 10 on a scale of 10 yet he didn’t think twice.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

He is what he is. I think he's good enough to get us to 6-6 and a minor bowl and I'd be happy with that at this point.

I hope he moves on next year (a shot at the pros or transfer somewhere else) so we can get Merkin and Ari back :)
-JB