Trickeration

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Carcassdragger

Trickeration

Post by Carcassdragger »

It seems like Jedd calls at least one trick play every game. I dont think this is a bad thing, but I cannot remember a single successful trick play he's ever called since he came here. It seems like we never execute them as intended.

Anybody?
2020 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2018 BEARDOWN WILDCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
2017 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2013 GOAZCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
azcat49

Re: Trickeration

Post by azcat49 »

Did that throw back last year and De Laura threw a TD pass to TMac (I think) in the southwest corner of the end zone.

We tried that throw back and a flea flicker last night and both were busts. Not sure why he likes them other to maybe try and keep the defense thinking. I get more upset when he loses patience in the running game
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

Good observation. I would add why do we keep trying the double pass which is a pretty tough a gadget to execute?

With our speed (Wiley, Luke) reverses would seem like a little safer trick play. Of course every now and then to change things up.
Fishclamps

Post by Fishclamps »

The flea flicker worked fine cause he had a wide open field to run on once he got the ball back and either noticed it right away or it was designed that way.

The throwback across field one is incredibly stupid though and he should stop using it.