From the coliseum.

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Carcassdragger

From the coliseum.

Post by Carcassdragger »

Wow that was amazing, hugely stressful, and disappointing all at the same time.

That was my second Arizona game at the coliseum. USC fans are cool and just cheer for their team. Not one said anything derogatory to wifey or me inside or outside the stadium and not before during or after the game. Had some nice chats with many of them.

Not many Arizona fans there last night.

Got down by our players when they were warming up. Our O line looks big and in shape. Saw the beautiful Fisch family down there too.

When SC missed the FG to win the game, it was right in front of us. Later when we scored the first tying TD in OT I told wifey there is no way we are losing this game. Damn.

It seemed like every time there was a close call by the refs, they never played the replay in the stadium, but penalties hurt us bad.

Prysock sure looks the part and should have a great future.

Fifita is magnificent. Coleman is just a stud.

I said it before. We are a good team and it's time for this team to learn how to win. It's time.
2020 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2018 BEARDOWN WILDCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
2017 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2013 GOAZCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
tgrumpy2

Re: From the coliseum.

Post by tgrumpy2 »

Carcassdragger wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 8:42 am Wow that was amazing, hugely stressful, and disappointing all at the same time.

That was my second Arizona game at the coliseum. USC fans are cool and just cheer for their team. Not one said anything derogatory to wifey or me inside or outside the stadium and not before during or after the game. Had some nice chats with many of them.

Not many Arizona fans there last night.

Got down by our players when they were warming up. Our O line looks big and in shape. Saw the beautiful Fisch family down there too.

When SC missed the FG to win the game, it was right in front of us. Later when we scored the first tying TD in OT I told wifey there is no way we are losing this game. Damn.

It seemed like every time there was a close call by the refs, they never played the replay in the stadium, but penalties hurt us bad.

Prysock sure looks the part and should have a great future.

Fifita is magnificent. Coleman is just a stud.

I said it before. We are a good team and it's time for this team to learn how to win. It's time.
Some podcast person commented that some games shouldn't have a loser. That game was one of them. I believe to a great extent we create our own energy with our thought processes. That is individually as well as group think like an entire football team. UofA is a very good football team but the team and even fans still don't totally believe it. Maybe now they'll look at themselves and say, Wow, we can play with anyone, why aren't we winning? I still believe we will get there this year and I think we have at least three more wins in us this season.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Thanks for the recap. Kind of wish I would have gone barring my wife's surgery, but then realized I hate going to televised football games. The TV timeouts are just excruciating in the stands. Even the players on the field just stand about just milling. Even worse now with the new rules.
Carcassdragger wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 8:42 am Not many Arizona fans there last night.

That's really a shame. Lot more UA alumni in LA than Tucson.

Carcassdragger wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 8:42 am I said it before. We are a good team and it's time for this team to learn how to win. It's time.

95% on the penalties and 5% on the head scratching calls like the trick plays, and the call that ended the game.

How many times did the Cats stop SC then commit a stupid penalty to give them a first down?

Watching the replays, all were legit calls except for that one roughing the passer call.

Saying that, the SC line was holding all night and was called once that I remember. I recall one play where an SC player pushed a UA DL player down via the back of his helmet. Not sure what the penalty would be, but did not look like a legal football play. Blocking in the back?

Not that UA was blameless. Even after 3 personal foul calls, I saw an UA player poke a SC player in the eyes while both were getting up.
pc in NM

Post by pc in NM »

Merkin wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 9:45 am Thanks for the recap. Kind of wish I would have gone barring my wife's surgery, but then realized I hate going to televised football games. The TV timeouts are just excruciating in the stands. Even the players on the field just stand about just milling. Even worse now with the new rules.
Carcassdragger wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 8:42 am Not many Arizona fans there last night.

That's really a shame. Lot more UA alumni in LA than Tucson.

Carcassdragger wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 8:42 am I said it before. We are a good team and it's time for this team to learn how to win. It's time.

95% on the penalties and 5% on the head scratching calls like the trick plays, and the call that ended the game.

How many times did the Cats stop SC then commit a stupid penalty to give them a first down?

Watching the replays, all were legit calls except for that one roughing the passer call.

Saying that, the SC line was holding all night and was called once that I remember. I recall one play where an SC player pushed a UA DL player down via the back of his helmet. Not sure what the penalty would be, but did not look like a legal football play. Blocking in the back?

Not that UA was blameless. Even after 3 personal foul calls, I saw an UA player poke a SC player in the eyes while both were getting up.
This!!!
“If you have the choice between humble and cocky, go with cocky. There's always time to be humble later, once you've been proven horrendously, irrevocably wrong.”

― Kinky Friedman
Carcassdragger

Post by Carcassdragger »

Driving home from the game Sunday and listening to sports talk radio, USC fan is pissed off and acting like they lost the game. I'm seeing the same thing today continued on social media.
2020 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2018 BEARDOWN WILDCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
2017 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2013 GOAZCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Most that I have heard have not given us any respect for taking them to 3 overtimes . It was all about their defense and poor play
Last edited by azcat49 on Tue Oct 10, 2023 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
KillerKlown

Post by KillerKlown »

Arizona dominated in the trenches getting pressure with only 3 and 4 man rushes.
I'm hearing our secondary was holding the whole game. Lol
USC's going to get massacred by Oregon and maybe even Washington.
Mike Luke's burner account.
tgrumpy2

Post by tgrumpy2 »

azcat49 wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 10:41 am Most that I have heard have not given us any respect for taking them to 3 overtones. It was all about their defense and poor play
I listened to their coach and he never once mentioned us.
AZCatGirl

Post by AZCatGirl »

After reading these comments I'm more than happy we'll never be playing USC again. Shame we couldn't have gotten the win just to screw with them even more than taking them to 3 OT did.
“The reality is that the hardest games to win are over teams on their home court. Teams that don’t play those games can spin it however they want, but what they’re saying is, ‘We don’t want to lose in our non conference season.’" - Sean Miller
TheCatInTheHat

Post by TheCatInTheHat »

Very likely true. Both LA schools have had enough losses and scares from us in football to duck any home-and-home, or even a 2 for 1 (if we were dumb enough to do that.) I'd guess the same for hoops and most other sports. From a recruiting standpoint, I assume our coaches would like to play them, even if it was only in LA and with their refs. But from a strategic (and also 'who needs their BS') perspective: Screw Them.