Oregon State at Arizona discussion thread

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

azcat49

Re: Oregon State at Arizona discussion thread

Post by azcat49 »

Friends? You have friends? It’s certainly not us. You must be a blast at a party talking about your STD’s and hemorrhoid’s. I am sure your wife is equally as pessimistic and she searches for a quality lay but has to settle for your small micro Dick
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Very impressive stat, but ends today.

Was it that long ago UA had the worst red zone offense and defense in the nation under Sumlin?
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Captain Obvious wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 7:51 am I'm anticipating a huge letdown tonight. Granted most U of A football games are a letdown but coming off a rare road victory my expectations are understandably low. This game is a matchup nightmare for Arizona. The defense is going to get a hefty dose of smash mouth football and simply don't have he personnel to stop it. Couple that with OSU's strength on the defensive line and it's going to be a long night. This one is gonna be ugly my friends. The stadium will be 3/4 empty by the middle of the 3rd quarter. Seemingly all enthusiasm from the WSU win already seems like a distant memory. It was likely our last win of the season.
How is it you can type so much with your head so far up your ass?
U.P. Zona Fan

Post by U.P. Zona Fan »

Captain Obvious wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 7:51 am I'm anticipating a huge letdown tonight. Granted most U of A football games are a letdown but coming off a rare road victory my expectations are understandably low. This game is a matchup nightmare for Arizona. The defense is going to get a hefty dose of smash mouth football and simply don't have he personnel to stop it. Couple that with OSU's strength on the defensive line and it's going to be a long night. This one is gonna be ugly my friends. The stadium will be 3/4 empty by the middle of the 3rd quarter. Seemingly all enthusiasm from the WSU win already seems like a distant memory. It was likely our last win of the season.
The curmudgeonly orifice strikes again!!
Arizona State might have the most surprisingly anemic history in men's basketball of any program that you might think is better than it is.
-Norlander.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Uniform rumor is white helmets, red jerseys, and white pants.
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

TheCat

Post by TheCat »

azcat49 wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 8:06 am
TheCat wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 7:01 am Guys we are way out over our skis because of our outstanding victory over WSU. We have barely won double digit victories in 4 years. We will be playing a team motivated to win the PAC because they have no conference to go to. Play tough, no one get hurt and hope to keep the folks on the East coast past their bedtime. I don't see us winning this game but that is why they play them.
So in your mind the experts who pick the spread have grossly overrated the cats?

Sure OSU will be motivated but so will we. We are on that journey for respect and relevance not to mention for a bowl bid.

This game is going to be just what the line indicates, a nut cutter.
You mean the same experts that had WSU as double digit favorites against us? This game will be very difficult for us as Oregon ST. is a power rushing team and has a solid defense. My hope is that we can put some wrinkles in our defense to stop the run like we have to stop pass heavy teams. Their running backs are big and fast (kind of like Coleman only taller) and will be a real test for us if they make it to the secondary. I'm hopeful but realistically I think this is the type of team that has gotten away from us in the past. One of the things that give me real hope is how well I think our Oline has played. Hoping for the best.
KillerKlown

Post by KillerKlown »

I mean our rush defense is #17th in rush yards allowed per game while also being #13th in opp. rush attempts per game. It's not like they've been facing passing only teams. I don't know what more you can ask for besides being a Georgia or Alabama.
Mike Luke's burner account.
BBQ wildcat

Post by BBQ wildcat »

I’m going to temper my expectations. The last game was awesome but it might have just been all the stars aligning. Just a few weeks ago most of us had a hard time finding two wins out of the upcoming 7 games. Now I see someone talked about winning out. I hope we can get to 6 wins at least. That would be a huge achievement given where we were two years ago
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

In warmups, Loop good from 63 against a moderate wind. I bet he is surprised he hasn’t hit from 50 yet
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Cue up, tonight’s going to be a good night by the black eyed peas! I think we are ready
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

azcat49 wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 6:47 pm In warmups, Loop good from 63 against a moderate wind. I bet he is surprised he hasn’t hit from 50 yet
Probably didn't have 20 guys directly in front of him.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

No he did mor Merk LOL
MountainCat

Post by MountainCat »

Announcer just called Fafita, Fafoota.
No Bandwagon Here! Always a Cat!
pc in NM

Post by pc in NM »

pc in NM wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 8:46 am I like this take!
College football picks against the spread: Stewart Mandel’s Week 9 picks

https://theathletic.com/5000483/2023/10 ... ign=602288

No. 11 Oregon State (-3.5) at Arizona, 10:30 p.m. (ESPN)

Arizona has been one of the season’s most pleasant surprises. Jedd Fisch’s 4-3 team can score points, but it also has a much-improved defense. The Wildcats have faced the likes of Michael Penix Jr., Caleb Williams and Cam Ward, yet have allowed just five passing TDs on the season. They’ll make life difficult for Oregon State’s DJ Uiagalelei.

Arizona 27, Oregon State 24

The pick: Arizona +3.5
Yeah, I REALLY like that take!!!
“If you have the choice between humble and cocky, go with cocky. There's always time to be humble later, once you've been proven horrendously, irrevocably wrong.”

― Kinky Friedman
Carcassdragger

Post by Carcassdragger »

Carcassdragger wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 2:26 pm This team didn't know how good they were earlier this season. Now they know if they execute, play physical, and don't miss tackles, they are very good.

Screw kicking the can down the road. We're winning this game because we can. It's our time now.
This is our time!
2020 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2018 BEARDOWN WILDCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
2017 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2013 GOAZCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
AZCatGirl

Post by AZCatGirl »

START THE SONG FLOWE
“The reality is that the hardest games to win are over teams on their home court. Teams that don’t play those games can spin it however they want, but what they’re saying is, ‘We don’t want to lose in our non conference season.’" - Sean Miller
Postmaster

Post by Postmaster »

Overheard some guy say he knows some guy who works at FESPN and said if we win, Gameday will make a visit this year.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Postmaster wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 3:25 am Overheard some guy say he knows some guy who works at FESPN and said if we win, Gameday will make a visit this year.
We are 0-2 on GameDays so maybe best if they stay away.
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Only game I could see them come out to would be Utah but that would probably necessitate both teams winning out until they meet.

Utah has ASSU and UDub and we have UCLA and CU. Not sure what other national games are that week but it could be a game vs two nationally ranked teams
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

I doubt they come but if we're 7-3 and ranked and Utah is 8-2 and like #10 we could get GameDay
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
TheCat

Post by TheCat »

Never tires of being wrong.
Carcassdragger

Post by Carcassdragger »

Hey dickhead

Sorry to spoil your obvious plan to come here and gloat to all of us if we suffered a close loss. In case you've missed it, Jedd's teams just don't give up and now that we've got a bit more skill, who knows what can happen.

Why don't you just check out and let the rest of us enjoy something we've haven't had in a while which is a great group of inspiring kids.

Oh, and fuck off.
2020 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2018 BEARDOWN WILDCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
2017 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2013 GOAZCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

84Cat wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 11:12 am
Serious question

Why does anyone care about this and why is Spears posting this?
2018 Bear Down Wildcats Conference Championship Challenge Champion
pc in NM

Post by pc in NM »

Carcassdragger wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 11:15 am
Hey dickhead

Sorry to spoil your obvious plan to come here and gloat to all of us if we suffered a close loss. In case you've missed it, Jedd's teams just don't give up and now that we've got a bit more skill, who knows what can happen.

Why don't you just check out and let the rest of us enjoy something we've haven't had in a while which is a great group of inspiring kids.

Oh, and fuck off.
My question is: Why don’t those of us enjoying something we haven’t in a while just ignore the troll who’s only payoff is the responses he “provokes”??? Why reward this???
“If you have the choice between humble and cocky, go with cocky. There's always time to be humble later, once you've been proven horrendously, irrevocably wrong.”

― Kinky Friedman
tgrumpy2

Post by tgrumpy2 »

Hey scooter, I'm not like your other fans here. Keep posting. For me you're always good for a Sunday morning laugh. I think you're the funniest thing since fake snot.
Catintheheat

Post by Catintheheat »

I think it is funny that so many people are upset about Captain Oblivious. There is an ignore option. I don't ignore him I just skip past his posts. I don't read them.
OSUCat

Post by OSUCat »

Catintheheat wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 12:12 pm I think it is funny that so many people are upset about Captain Oblivious. There is an ignore option. I don't ignore him I just skip past his posts. I don't read them.
Don’t feed the troll.
Formerly Lynx Rufus.