Post by EastCoastCat »

I’m kind of excited to tell the truth.
arizonawildcats

Re: 2024 season thread

Post by arizonawildcats »

Chicat

Post by Chicat »

2025 is my year! I’ll definitely see them at Iowa State and Cincinnati.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

Chicat wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 11:33 am 2025 is my year! I’ll definitely see them at Iowa State and Cincinnati.
My good buddy (who I'm meeting up with this weekend in Tucson) is from Cincy. I'm feeling a road trip in 2025!
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

So much less exciting of a schedule than the pac 12, but it is necessary for survival. Lots of Tech fans around here where I live now so hopefully we beat the crap out of them
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

WVU fans already circled coming out to Tucson in November. Looking forward to Morgantown . West Virginia is a beautiful state and would love to see more of it
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Nice to go to Texas so often.
ASUHATER! wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 11:52 am So much less exciting of a schedule than the pac 12, but it is necessary for survival.
I’m excited for some new rivalries in football, but my real excitement is around basketball.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
CatsbyAZ

Post by CatsbyAZ »

Looking at that home slate, am leaning towards attending our home game Vs Houston. Only team on that list that I haven’t witnessed in person. Rest I’ve seen.

Two of our *new* home opponents are teams we’ve recently had home/n/homes with: Texas Tech & Houston.
“The force behind the movement of time is a mourning that will not be comforted.” author Marilynne Robinson
KillerKlown

Post by KillerKlown »

ASUHATER! wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 11:52 am So much less exciting of a schedule than the pac 12, but it is necessary for survival.
It's definitely feels bittersweet.
Mike Luke's burner account.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

One thing about these road faves is you have to see when they are. Some of their falls can be pretty brutal,
TheCatInTheHat

Post by TheCatInTheHat »

azcat49 wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 12:08 pm WVU fans already circled coming out to Tucson in November. Looking forward to Morgantown . West Virginia is a beautiful state and would love to see more of it
I was back there visiting friends not long ago. There's a lot of history there and some beautiful vineyards. Also much natural beauty with sweeping vistas and forests-full of fall color (red maples, yellow poplars, etc.) One thing, though. People measure travel there by time, not distance. In some cases, the only way from Point A to Point B is a twisting two-lane blacktop with a red light where it intersects with another highway. We saw a line of cars backed up for literally miles at one choke-point, and there were no alternatives. And God help you if there's a wreck. So, for the Mountaineers, I'd definitely fly into Pittsburgh and drive the 50 miles by freeway and back. Otherwise, a lot of the history is around the eastern panhandle (Harper's Ferry, Antietam across the Potomac into MD, etc.) For that, you can fly in and out of Dulles.
TheCatInTheHat

Post by TheCatInTheHat »

Looking at the schedule, we've got the non-conference game at K-State, so it's like 5 home and 5 road league games (even though KSU is technically non-conference.) We also play New Mexico in a one-off in Tucson, as well as NAU. There isn't the glitz of the LA schools or Oregon (and I never personally found UW glitzy or particularly interesting), but all of the games are solid, legit, and something to look forward to. And without the unbearable weight of insufferable arrogance from the afore-mentioned once-Pac teams, which should be refreshing for us and from now on which will be for the Big Ten to address.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

TheCatInTheHat wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 2:44 pm Looking at the schedule, we've got the non-conference game at K-State, so it's like 5 home and 5 road league games (even though KSU is technically non-conference.) We also play New Mexico in a one-off in Tucson, as well as NAU. There isn't the glitz of the LA schools or Oregon (and I never personally found UW glitzy or particularly interesting), but all of the games are solid, legit, and something to look forward to. And without the unbearable weight of insufferable arrogance from the afore-mentioned once-Pac teams, which should be refreshing for us and from now on which will be for the Big Ten to address.
But unfortunately no California trips the next two years. That’s less than ideal, unless we can somehow ditch one of our non-con games. Too bad we couldn’t replace KSU.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

So who is going to make it a Disneyworld trip next year?
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Assuming the former Cali schools would not want to give us a platform for recruiting, the only schools for a roadie would be San Diego St and San Jose St. Have one of them on the schedule every year going forward until the next round of realignment when we will be back to regionalization
TheCatInTheHat

Post by TheCatInTheHat »

Not sure San Jose does much for us, and not sure SDSU wants to mess with us. They've only won once in the last 6 games. We might be able to package overall home-and-homes with them including hoops and baseball. Otherwise, it's a bit like the pre-Pac. We always had lots of players on the roster from SoCal way back then. It's a short flight, the weather's great, and our games will be available on TV there. We next to never beat Stanford academics or the LA schools exposure, but if you're not on the short list for Notre Dame or Alabama, we'll always be a solid option for LA kids, even if their people need to come see them play for the home crowd, which is preferable anyway.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

TheCatInTheHat wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 4:11 pm Not sure San Jose does much for us,
It’s a NorCal road trip. We can visit recruits and they can be our guests.