To the team.

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Carcassdragger

To the team.

Post by Carcassdragger »

Jedd, staff, players, and all team personnel:

THANK YOU!!!

Thanks for coming to Arizona, especially those of you that showed up when we were at our worse.

Jedd, thanks for being so positive and for working so hard-even after the less than stellar reception you received. Thanks for bringing your beautiful family to Tucson and believing in this university. Thanks for bringing pride back to this program. You are magnificent.

Staff, thanks for working your asses off and for delivering on the promise. Love you guys.

Players, thanks for playing your hearts out in every single game the last three years. and for being a team that never ever gave up. You have brought something back that many of us thought might be gone forever. I'm just an old alumni, who is watching you from afar but you've inspired me so much and brought me joy.

Seniors, a huge thank you to you. Thanks for being Wildcats. My very best to you in the future. Hopefully you all know what a special place the U of A is. It will stay with you forever.

To all the players, as we dance into bowl season, I just want you all to know that your effect goes far outside that locker room and Tucson.

Again, thanks for bringing so much back. Let's get one more win this season. Love you guys.
Last edited by Carcassdragger on Sun Nov 26, 2023 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2020 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2018 BEARDOWN WILDCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
2017 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2013 GOAZCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
azcat49

Re: To the team.

Post by azcat49 »

Very well said! Everything Fisch has done has been exemplary. From his we educate Wednesdays to not a single player getting in trouble while on campus in three years to rebuilding us into a winning program again.

I big thanks to those 13 Sr’s on the roster who stayed through 20 losses and 70-7 and battled and fought to get us to this point.

The journey is always so sweet and the good thing is that I don’t think we are done. With these coaches and players we have more heights to ascend to
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

Had season tickets for the last 22 years If you count student seats and Zona zoo passes. By far the best year for me. Makes every 2am trip back to Phoenix worth it.

2014 was amazing but this team is way better. Plus watching games with my daughter makes is way better
2018 Bear Down Wildcats Conference Championship Challenge Champion
TheCat

Post by TheCat »

PHXCATS wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 3:54 pm Had season tickets for the last 22 years If you count student seats and Zona zoo passes. By far the best year for me. Makes every 2am trip back to Phoenix worth it.

2014 was amazing but this team is way better. Plus watching games with my daughter makes is way better
It makes it better for you at least.
Carcassdragger

Post by Carcassdragger »

UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

That movie being a Disney flick is missing Herb's best quote and probably my favorite sports quote of all time. During 2nd intermission against Finland with the USA down, needing a win to get the gold medal (after defeating the Russians).

Brooks walks into the locker room, scans all this players and says:

"If you lose this game, you will take it to your fucking graves."

He walks towards the exit, stops and turns around.

"Your fucking graves!"
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
wyo-cat

Post by wyo-cat »

If anyone posts “do you believe in miracles…YES!!” tonight.

They win poster of the day.
Carcassdragger

Post by Carcassdragger »

In three years, YOU GUYS NEVER, EVER, GIVE UP!!!!!!!!!!

INCREDIBLE JOB!! JUST INCREDIBLE!!!!
CatsbyAZ

Post by CatsbyAZ »

To think Arizona was 3-3 coming off tough losses to USC and Washington, with four more ranked opponents left on the schedule, and a 5-7 likely.

To undergo a major QB change, and to since win out convincingly...

Thank You Coach Jedd! Thank you to the players who stayed together and grew into a formidable team!

Coming from two possessions behind to beat Oregon State is the turning point of the season for me, when I realized Jedd's vision was coming to full fruition and Arizona was a dangerous squad.

This year goes up there with '08, '09, & '14 as the most fun and rewarding seasons I've had going to the games and watching Arizona football.
“The force behind the movement of time is a mourning that will not be comforted.” author Marilynne Robinson
Carcassdragger

Post by Carcassdragger »

Wife and I attended three games this year: USC at the coliseum, Oregon State in Tucson, and at ASSU. That's the most I've been to since the 84 season. What a great season and time we had.

It was great in the dump at Tempe after the game. Many fans stayed for a long time after-just celebrating. So cool.
Carcassdragger

Post by Carcassdragger »

Thanks to JDL also. His agreeing to come here last year is one of the big reasons we were able to build. The way he carried himself this year after a tough start was awesome also.
Carcassdragger

Post by Carcassdragger »

Guys, we love you. You are U of A family. The 2023 team is still special.

It's terrible that you were left out in the cold by the guy YOU brought greatness to. But this place is special. Being a wildcat is special. Stay with us. Brennen is known as a PLAYERS coach.
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

Well said Carcass…
Carcassdragger

Post by Carcassdragger »

I watched Fisch's introductory presser in Washington. He said he was proud of what he built here in Tucson and thanked the Tucson community and the administration. You know who he didn't thank? The players who agreed to come to this great university and who were responsible for his success and his huge new contract.