2024 Transfer Portal

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

UAEebs86

Re: 2024 Transfer Portal

Post by UAEebs86 »

Alieberman wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:26 pm
Fishclamps wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:07 pm Is there any specific reason why they're waiting to go into the portal? Doesn't really seem like there's any point in waiting once it opens up.
My uneducated guess is that if players are on the fence but may leave if the money is right... they may want to stay out of the portal... while their "people" are doing some work/investigating through some behind the scene channels... Just a thought

But that would be tampering by those other schools, and the NCAA would shut that down immediately.

Just kidding :lol:

They aren't going to do shit. This is Thunderdome.
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Wasn't t here a report out that last year a shit ton of D1 transfers didn't find a team?
ProfessorFate

Post by ProfessorFate »

Very similar to pro sport free agency. One of the major differences is there's no salary cap that allows for a mostly level playing field. And with no cap, top players can be patient without fear. Hold out for the best offer.

The system is now broken, and I'm starting to lose interest.
2023 Football RAP Champion
2022 Mark Schlabach Memorial Bracket Champion
2017 Bear Down Wildcats Survival Pool Champion
pc in NM

Post by pc in NM »

azgreg wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:48 pm Wasn't t here a report out that last year a shit ton of D1 transfers didn't find a team?
With >1700 players in the portal, how could it be otherwise?
“If you have the choice between humble and cocky, go with cocky. There's always time to be humble later, once you've been proven horrendously, irrevocably wrong.”

― Kinky Friedman
Fishclamps

Post by Fishclamps »

They could always go in and then come back out. But maybe going in means they'll get recruited over and if they don't end up finding a new school they're hosed.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Fishclamps wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:11 pm They could always go in and then come back out. But maybe going in means they'll get recruited over and if they don't end up finding a new school they're hosed.
This is true. Once you enter the portal your current school no longer has to honor your scholarship.

Not sure about players that apply for the NBA draft if the school has to hold onto their scholarship or not. Not really fair for a team like Arizona to hold a scholarship for Love in the likely event he doesn't get drafted, which I believe is in June.
pc in NM

Post by pc in NM »

Merkin wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:24 pm
Fishclamps wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:11 pm They could always go in and then come back out. But maybe going in means they'll get recruited over and if they don't end up finding a new school they're hosed.
This is true. Once you enter the portal your current school no longer has to honor your scholarship.

Not sure about players that apply for the NBA draft if the school has to hold onto their scholarship or not. Not really fair for a team like Arizona to hold a scholarship for Love in the likely event he doesn't get drafted, which I believe is in June.
He has retained eligibility - that means he is not "committed" to the draft yet - while others (e.g., Pelle) have made that commitment.
“If you have the choice between humble and cocky, go with cocky. There's always time to be humble later, once you've been proven horrendously, irrevocably wrong.”

― Kinky Friedman
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

UA may be landing spot for Utah State transfer

https://collegefootballnetwork.com/davo ... ing-spots/
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

pc in NM wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:31 pm He has retained eligibility - that means he is not "committed" to the draft yet - while others (e.g., Pelle) have made that commitment.
Pelle must have signed with a non-NCAA approved agent, that is an automatic disqualifier. I imagine Love's agent is on the NCAA approved list.
wyo-cat

Post by wyo-cat »

Fishclamps

Post by Fishclamps »

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...
Fishclamps

Post by Fishclamps »

Is there such a thing as having too many running backs?
Fishclamps

Post by Fishclamps »

Uhhhhhh well I guess it would be nice to have Martinez now
Carcassdragger

Post by Carcassdragger »

Fishclamps wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:17 pm Uhhhhhh well I guess it would be nice to have Martinez now
Goddamn. Fucking ridiculous.
2020 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2018 BEARDOWN WILDCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
2017 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2013 GOAZCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
Ghost

Post by Ghost »

Man, that really has to hurt Scheer. He said this morning that Jacory was pretty much a guarantee to join the team.
Carcassdragger

Post by Carcassdragger »

Ghost wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:49 pm Man, that really has to hurt Scheer. He said this morning that Jacory was pretty much a guarantee to join the team.
I'll take his info over your bullshit anytime.
2020 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2018 BEARDOWN WILDCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
2017 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2013 GOAZCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
Ghost

Post by Ghost »

Carcassdragger wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:50 pm
Ghost wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:49 pm Man, that really has to hurt Scheer. He said this morning that Jacory was pretty much a guarantee to join the team.
Dude has been wrong about a ton of things over the last few months. Robbins. Heeke. Fisch. Financial situation. It’s amazing that he still has a job.
Fishclamps

Post by Fishclamps »

Ghost wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:52 pm
Dude has been wrong about a ton of things over the last few months. Robbins. Heeke. Fisch. Financial situation. It’s amazing that he still has a job.
Dude get over it jesus christ
Ghost

Post by Ghost »

Fishclamps wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:56 pm
Get over what? I’m new to this board. I’m just tired of insiders being wrong every single time that I turn around. They get paid to inform the fan base. You have to be more accurate than that if you are an insider. Tough break but I am sure that the staff has a back up plan.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Ghost wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:01 pm
Get over what? I’m new to this board. I’m just tired of insiders being wrong every single time that I turn around. They get paid to inform the fan base. You have to be more accurate than that if you are an insider. Tough break but I am sure that the staff has a back up plan.
So you pay for premium info from Scheer? Seems like your complaint should be made on their board… or with your wallet.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Fishclamps

Post by Fishclamps »

Yeah they get paid by people willing to pay for their stuff. If enough people felt the way you did they wouldn't have those jobs.

No one is proclaiming Scheer or Luke the oracle of Arizona sports, they just happen to know more than thr average person so I will see what they have to say.
Fishclamps

Post by Fishclamps »

He's just a little guy! New to this world.
Ghost

Post by Ghost »

Chicat wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:26 pm

So you pay for premium info from Scheer? Seems like your complaint should be made on their board… or with your wallet.
No. I wouldn’t waste my money. He isn’t an insider because he’s wrong all the time. He stated this this morning on PHNX YouTube and his crystal ball prediction. I don’t understand why are there are posters on this board who copy and paste his Twitter info on to hear. He is wildly inaccurate. For this board to be better, maybe find some more accurate reporting like possibly Lev or spears.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Ghost wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:49 pm

No. I wouldn’t waste my money. He isn’t an insider because he’s wrong all the time. He stated this this morning on PHNX YouTube and his crystal ball prediction. I don’t understand why are there are posters on this board who copy and paste his Twitter info on to hear. He is wildly inaccurate. For this board to be better, maybe find some more accurate reporting like possibly Lev or spears.
So your complaint is with those who provide the PHNX YouTube content. You didn’t get that info from someone posting Scheer’s Xitter feed here. You sought it out on a different platform and gave them views and ad revenue and then you came here to complain about us giving Scheer too much credit or something? Hilarious.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Ghost

Post by Ghost »

Chicat wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:53 pm

So your complaint is with those who provide the PHNX YouTube content. You didn’t get that info from someone posting Scheer’s Xitter feed here. You sought it out on a different platform and gave them views and ad revenue and then you came here to complain about us giving Scheer too much credit or something? Hilarious.
I don’t know why you keep saying complaint. This is a message board is things to talk about. Right? On this board copy and paste his inaccuracies on this board. I’m just stating that. I watch Luke’s YouTube for entertainment purposes. I try to count all of the times he is wrong. It’s a lot. So yeah, watching these two clowns strike out all the time is pure entertainment. And yes, I agree with you. That part is hilarious.
Fishclamps

Post by Fishclamps »

Lev and Spears put out the same info Scheer does.

You clearly have an axe to grind seeing as how you bring up "local media" in every thread you post in.
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

Ghost wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:00 pm

I don’t know why you keep saying complaint. This is a message board is things to talk about. Right? On this board copy and paste his inaccuracies on this board. I’m just stating that. I watch Luke’s YouTube for entertainment purposes. I try to count all of the times he is wrong. It’s a lot. So yeah, watching these two clowns strike out all the time is pure entertainment. And yes, I agree with you. That part is hilarious.
Seriously Chief, get help

You have pyschiatric issues
Ghost

Post by Ghost »

Fishclamps wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:08 pm Lev and Spears put out the same info Scheer does.

You clearly have an axe to grind seeing as how you bring up "local media" in every thread you post in.
First of all, Spears is the only one of the four who has actually played football. So his analysis is best of the four for sure. Lev and Spears don’t have an ego like Luke and Scheer do. They don’t try to make hot takes and shoot themselves in the foot like Luke and Scheer do. All four failed in their assessments and non-investigations of Robbins, Heeke, Fisch, and the financial mess that those three caused. They stayed quiet. That was wrong. Anyway, hope that clears up your question. If this board gets its info from guys who haven’t played and are wrong a lot, not too good of a look on here. Just saying.
Ghost

Post by Ghost »

dmjcat wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:18 pm
Ghost wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:00 pm

Seriously Chief, get help

You have pyschiatric issues
Like Chicat says… if you have a complaint with that guy, go on Xitter and take it up with him personally. Don’t waste our time on this board. Thx. Management.
Fishclamps

Post by Fishclamps »

Ghost wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:24 pm
Fishclamps wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:08 pm Lev and Spears put out the same info Scheer does.

First of all, Spears is the only one of the four who has actually played football. So his analysis is best of the four for sure. Lev and Spears don’t have an ego like Luke and Scheer do. They don’t try to make hot takes and shoot themselves in the foot like Luke and Scheer do. All four failed in their assessments and non-investigations of Robbins, Heeke, Fisch, and the financial mess that those three caused. They stayed quiet. That was wrong. Anyway, hope that clears up your question. If this board gets its info from guys who haven’t played and are wrong a lot, not too good of a look on here. Just saying.
I wasn't asking a question, I'm saying you have a weird obsession.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

If you want to see more tweets on here from Lev or Spears… then post them…. We’re not your bitch
KillerKlown

Post by KillerKlown »

Right just because a guy played football years ago means he has great inside info into teens, NIL, and where they'll end up at.
If my eyes could roll and faster they'd turn my Lincoln into a hot rod.
Mike Luke's burner account.
Ghost

Post by Ghost »

Fishclamps wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:36 pm
Ghost wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:24 pm

I wasn't asking a question, I'm saying you have a weird obsession.
Football is my obsession. Accuracy and truth is important in regard to the team we cheer for. Getting paid for it and completely screwing up info is concerning and turns off a lot of fans and players from the program. That’s the word on the streets.
Ghost

Post by Ghost »

KillerKlown wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:40 pm Right just because a guy played football years ago means he has great inside info into teens, NIL, and where they'll end up at.
Not with predictions but with analysis of football for sure. I’d rather listen to a dude that played football talk about football analysis than one who hasn’t. I’m sure you feel the same.
Fishclamps

Post by Fishclamps »

The word on the streets :lol: :lol: :lol:
KillerKlown

Post by KillerKlown »

Ghost wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:43 pm
KillerKlown wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:40 pm Right just because a guy played football years ago means he has great inside info into teens, NIL, and where they'll end up at.
Not with predictions but with analysis of football for sure. I’d rather listen to a dude that played football talk about football analysis than one who hasn’t. I’m sure you feel the same.
Uhh this is a sports message board. Chances are if a person signs up to one they are a die hard sports fan of that team or school. Which means they likey get their team news from multiple sources. You think fanatics only get news from one person?
Ghost

Post by Ghost »

KillerKlown wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:57 pm
Ghost wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:43 pm
Uhh this is a sports message board. Chances are if a person signs up to one they are a die hard sports fan of that team or school. Which means they likey get their team news from multiple sources. You think fanatics only get news from one person?
I wasn’t just talking about news. You can get that from the 500pm daily sports anchor. What I was speaking more about is actual analysis of Arizona Football. Spears has a very basic knowledge of football. Scheer, Luke, and Lev have just about none. Hard to find fanatics or former players that give great analysis in regard to Arizona Football. As far as insiders are concerned, as wrong as Scheer and Luke are a lot, I don’t think this team has any.
KillerKlown

Post by KillerKlown »

Ok you got me. Analysis isn't news. You win.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

My son played on the O-line with Spears at Cienega. Guess I'll just starting getting all my UA football news from him.
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
Ghost

Post by Ghost »

UAEebs86 wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:21 pm My son played on the O-line with Spears at Cienega. Guess I'll just starting getting all my UA football news from him.
Bet it’s better and more accurate than Luke or Scheer. Make sure to get your analysis from him as well.
Fishclamps

Post by Fishclamps »

Soooooo no one in the portal again I guess?
wyo-cat

Post by wyo-cat »

Fishclamps wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:27 pm Soooooo no one in the portal again I guess?
We lost the Hobo RB, Bill.

That’s why we hosted the Beav guy.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Ghost wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:23 pm
UAEebs86 wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:21 pm My son played on the O-line with Spears at Cienega. Guess I'll just starting getting all my UA football news from him.
Bet it’s better and more accurate than Luke or Scheer. Make sure to get your analysis from him as well.
Typical, tearing people down. Nothing positive in your pitiful life so you build yourself up by trying to take others down. You are one sick human
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
Fishclamps

Post by Fishclamps »

wyo-cat wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:33 pm
Fishclamps wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:27 pm Soooooo no one in the portal again I guess?
We lost the Hobo RB, Bill.

That’s why we hosted the Beav guy.
I more meant people who were already here and practicing. No one from that group right?
Fishclamps

Post by Fishclamps »

Seems promising
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

wyo-cat

Post by wyo-cat »

Calibrate your booze intake as needed.
Ghost

Post by Ghost »

Fishclamps wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:58 pm Seems promising
Promising from someone who is wildly inaccurate?
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

Irish27

Post by Irish27 »

dmjcat wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 6:33 pm
His dad is former WSU quarterback Aaron Garcia, https://sjsuspartans.com/sports/footbal ... ony-garcia
2019 & 2021 Basketball RAP Winner/2022 Football RAP Winner