Digital Photography

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

JMarkJohns

Re: Digital Photography

Post by JMarkJohns »

JMarkJohns wrote:Lynda.com should get you access to Photo and Software tutorials for $25 monthly
Adobe Lightroom is $10 monthly
Also from my own readings, I love David Duchemin as a Photo author. His books are less technical detail, and more personal essays that explain, teach, motivate, etc. But he and his books are excellent. I used to use a few PDF chapters via Academic Fair Use in my classes.

The Heart Of The Photograph
Within The Frame

Both are good reads that expand and teach.
OriginalAZ

Post by OriginalAZ »

JMarkJohns wrote:Lynda.com should get you access to Photo and Software tutorials for $25 monthly
I don't mind paying for something if it's good. Doing a google search there are so many companies offering photography classes online.
Not sure which are legit. I will look into this.
Thanks
JMarkJohns

Post by JMarkJohns »

OriginalAZ wrote:
I don't mind paying for something if it's good. Doing a google search there are so many companies offering photography classes online.
Not sure which are legit. I will look into this.
Thanks
Here is a video blog by Duchemin on the photography process. https://www.makingtheimagecourse.com/" target="_blank

If he ya anything for sale where it’s a tutorial, I strongly recommend him. He is very engaged and energetic, and he speaks not just to technical, but the creative and discovered/cultivated visual style as well.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

I love that. Anything that makes people seem more human, which in itself seems silly, is amazing
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

I have been trying this, it works great, and is completely free. I have hundreds if not a thousand or more old images.