Re: Sean Miller

Post by Beachcat97 »

azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Chicat

Post by Chicat »

The person who sometimes feeds me info has nothing for me in regards to Miller.

Although they did say that according to people who know him, Miller hasn’t been talking/acting like he’s about to get shitcanned. In fact, quite the opposite.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
wyo-cat

Post by wyo-cat »

Miller is building a top 25 team right now. It’s either going to be here or somewhere else.
BeardownZonaZona

Post by BeardownZonaZona »

I'm starting to doubt these rumors. Original source said last night or today was the day. Nothing of real light or real significance is coming out about this. I'm thinking the most likely thing to happen is Miller coaches out his contract without an extention unfortunately
I said what I said and I mean it.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

azgreg wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:45 pm This is a dark time for Arizona basketball but I'll never stop watching and cheering on my Cats.
I'd like to feel like that, but at a certain point they stop being my Cats and they become BobBob's Cats.

If this was a deserved thing where you earned your way in or out, fine. When it's the whims of the president that matter more than anything, I'm not ok with that.

For any institution, I can follow for a while, but there becomes a point where it's sick beyond repair. Back to back crony hires in football and basketball is my tipping point.
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

BeardownZonaZona wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 5:47 pm I'm starting to doubt these rumors. Original source said last night or today was the day. Nothing of real light or real significance is coming out about this. I'm thinking the most likely thing to happen is Miller coaches out his contract without an extention unfortunately
I've thought this too, but Choo seemed to confirm that there's bad news coming. And unless I'm mistaken, he's got the most reliable contacts within the athletic department.
BeardownZonaZona

Beachcat97 wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 5:56 pm
BeardownZonaZona wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 5:47 pm I'm starting to doubt these rumors. Original source said last night or today was the day. Nothing of real light or real significance is coming out about this. I'm thinking the most likely thing to happen is Miller coaches out his contract without an extention unfortunately
I've thought this too, but Choo seemed to confirm that there's bad news coming. And unless I'm mistaken, he's got the most reliable contacts within the athletic department.
Oh shit you're right. I forgot he said something about it yesterday or this morning or so. Shit. Thanks Robbins for ruining my favorite sports teams to follow
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

Choo never said it was a done deal
AZCatGirl

Post by AZCatGirl »

I can't help but remember that Robbins sprung no post season on Miller without consulting him, so I wouldn't exactly be shocked if he decides to fire Miller without given him any indication.

No inside info, just giving my two cents.
“The reality is that the hardest games to win are over teams on their home court. Teams that don’t play those games can spin it however they want, but what they’re saying is, ‘We don’t want to lose in our non conference season.’" - Sean Miller
Postmaster

Post by Postmaster »

What has me worried is the tweets from people in northwest about Lloyd.
If all the guesses were coming from locals or FESPN people I wouldn’t worry as much.
ekat

Post by ekat »

I gotta say, it does make me feel all warm and fuzzy about Lloyd if there’s any truth to any of this and he’s in any kind of discussion with Robbins WHILE WE STILL HAVE A HEAD COACH. Miller’s left hanging in the wind, it’s obvious the administration is handling this extremely poorly, on the heels of handling the football hire extremely poorly, so why would Lloyd or any sane individual be participating in this farce?
AZCatGirl

Post by AZCatGirl »

ekat wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 6:38 pm I gotta say, it does make me feel all warm and fuzzy about Lloyd if there’s any truth to any of this and he’s in any kind of discussion with Robbins WHILE WE STILL HAVE A HEAD COACH. Miller’s left hanging in the wind, it’s obvious the administration is handling this extremely poorly, on the heels of handling the football hire extremely poorly, so why would Lloyd or any sane individual be participating in this farce?
I imagine the idea of going from assistant coach at Gonzaga to head coach at a major P5 program is like dangling shiny keys in front of a small child.
“The reality is that the hardest games to win are over teams on their home court. Teams that don’t play those games can spin it however they want, but what they’re saying is, ‘We don’t want to lose in our non conference season.’" - Sean Miller
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

All this negotiating with Lloyd was going on while he was in Indy coaching at the FF and Robbins was in San Antonio for the women's FF? Doesn't pass the sniff test.
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Lloyd is the coach in waiting at Gonzaga. They were just in the Natty and he’s turned down offers before.

Just sayin.
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
ekat

Post by ekat »

AZCatGirl wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 6:42 pm
ekat wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 6:38 pm I gotta say, it does make me feel all warm and fuzzy about Lloyd if there’s any truth to any of this and he’s in any kind of discussion with Robbins WHILE WE STILL HAVE A HEAD COACH. Miller’s left hanging in the wind, it’s obvious the administration is handling this extremely poorly, on the heels of handling the football hire extremely poorly, so why would Lloyd or any sane individual be participating in this farce?
I imagine the idea of going from assistant coach at Gonzaga to head coach at a major P5 program is like dangling shiny keys in front of a small child.
In my opinion, that doesn’t speak highly of the integrity of anyone involved, except Miller, who is still out there repping the university, cheering on Adria, signing recruits, etc.
BeardownZonaZona

UAEebs86 wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 6:44 pm All this negotiating with Lloyd was going on while he was in Indy coaching at the FF and Robbins was in San Antonio for the women's FF? Doesn't pass the sniff test.
Didn't even think of that. Something is a little fishy here
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

I regret I have but one thumbs up to give. This is 100% truth.

Just to add, if BobBob thinks a 10 seed in a year after you lost all 5 starters isn't good enough, what sane coach would sign up for that?
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Because Arizona is still a big name in college basketball, as well as an attractive destination with a P5 salary.

What that sane individual may not be aware of is that he will not be coming into the role with any friends. The boosters and fans are on the verge of revolt right when the IARP is about to start its work. He may be looking at a six year rebuild instead of the easy transition he’s likely been promised.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
ekat

Post by ekat »

ekat wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 6:46 pm
AZCatGirl wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 6:42 pm
In my opinion, that doesn’t speak highly of the integrity of anyone involved, except Miller, who is still out there repping the university, cheering on Adria, signing recruits, etc.
I hate autocorrect. *Adia
ekat

Post by ekat »

Chicat wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 6:47 pm
Because Arizona is still a big name in college basketball, as well as an attractive destination with a P5 salary.

What that sane individual may not be aware of is that he will not be coming into the role with any friends. The boosters and fans are on the verge of revolt right when the IARP is about to start its work. He may be looking at a six year rebuild instead of the easy transition he’s likely been promised.
That sane individual might want to look at how the President and useless AD have been mocked by the media for the last month and wonder if he really wants to work for these idiots.
BeardownZonaZona

I think I know what's really going to happen. I think Rob Robbins will be our next head coach. He's a really successful school president and a true basketball purest with a great understanding of the game. Selfless coach who is up and coming. In Rob Robbins we trust :lol:
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

ekat wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:54 pm
Beachcat97 wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:41 pm
Spaceman Spiff wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:34 pm
UofAlum05 wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:34 pm
84Cat wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:20 pm So Miller is getting fired?
Strong possibility tomorrow. Lloyd isn't a totally sure thing either.
This is so depressing. I'm seriously out if this is true.
I think what makes this especially sad -- for me at least -- is seeing how some of my favorite posters here are taking this, even just anticipating it. If people actually stop following the team over this, it feels like part of AZ hoops is dying.
I know you’re not addressing this to me because I never post, even though I’ve been following all you guys since CatTracks.

For me it’s not about not supporting the team. I can’t support a president of the university I love a) paying an AD $750,000 to do nothing b) hiring Sumlin despite his skeletons and even though I thought Navy guy was the wrong hire, Robbins screwed him over in the process, c) when it was painfully, brutally obvious that Sumlin had to go, he let Heeke give that infamous press conference, and screwed over Navy guy again and Brennan to hire a never-has-been-a-head-coach, hasn’t held any job longer than 2 years, Jedd Fisch. Yes, Fisch hired some of my favorite Cats, and is good with Twitter. But can he coach?

So that brings us to d) stood behind Miller when Book was arrested. Stood behind him after the ESPN hit piece. Held the NOA for months with no hint of firing Miller (and probably held on to that NOA instead of releasing it because he personally is one of the aggravating factors in one of the Level One violations), waited a month after the season ended, leaving Miller, Murphy, Terry, the rest of the staff, and most importantly the kids on the team hanging, all while we have been picked 21 or higher in all the early polls so he could blow it up now because he’s high off his hire of Fisch.

It’s sickening.
DIE ROBBINSFUCK! DIE! DIE! FUCKING DIE!
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

Spaceman Spiff wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 5:50 pm
azgreg wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:45 pm This is a dark time for Arizona basketball but I'll never stop watching and cheering on my Cats.
I'd like to feel like that, but at a certain point they stop being my Cats and they become BobBob's Cats.

If this was a deserved thing where you earned your way in or out, fine. When it's the whims of the president that matter more than anything, I'm not ok with that.

For any institution, I can follow for a while, but there becomes a point where it's sick beyond repair. Back to back crony hires in football and basketball is my tipping point.
I bond with the players, the coaches, the program from the court floor up. I can maintain devotion to a worthy team even if the university president is Hannibal Lecter; it might even give me more motivation. But this is a hell of a way to actuate that.
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

BeardownZonaZona wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 6:52 pm I think I know what's really going to happen. I think Rob Robbins will be our next head coach. He's a really successful school president and a true basketball purest with a great understanding of the game. Selfless coach who is up and coming. In Rob Robbins we trust :lol:
Does he run packline or The Claw?
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
BeardownZonaZona

UAEebs86 wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:41 pm
BeardownZonaZona wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 6:52 pm I think I know what's really going to happen. I think Rob Robbins will be our next head coach. He's a really successful school president and a true basketball purest with a great understanding of the game. Selfless coach who is up and coming. In Rob Robbins we trust :lol:
Does he run packline or The Claw?
Neither. He runs his own system that nobody else runs. He's really someone who does his own thing. Doesn't really take advice or follow what other coaches do. He's a real interesting guy. Never seen anyone like him :mrgreen:
AZCatGirl

Post by AZCatGirl »

Is something about to happen or is Scheer just being Scheer?
Postmaster

Post by Postmaster »

Butters ends up trying to turn the city dump into a new city.
That’s quite an analogy to what a new coach would walk into.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

dovecanyoncat wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:39 pm

I bond with the players, the coaches, the program from the court floor up. I can maintain devotion to a worthy team even if the university president is Hannibal Lecter; it might even give me more motivation. But this is a hell of a way to actuate that.
I feel like I can bond with other players and coaches. I'm not limited to Arizona, and I can find a program that won't jerk me around for the president's giggles.
CatFanOneMil

Post by CatFanOneMil »

AZCatGirl wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:56 pm Is something about to happen or is Scheer just being Scheer?
Just Sheer being Sheer...these rumors by "Zagaholic" are not exactly crystal ball solid...

This is the same guy who predicted the Zags would beat Baylor 88-74...

He also predicted they would beat UCLA by 25 (89-64)...

His track record in the last 2 weeks is terrible. Not sure why anyone would consider him an authority on anything...seems like a polite version of Ace.
Postmaster

Post by Postmaster »

Well game scores are a bit different than coaching moves but...... I have no idea of his credibility.
But that coach site also had something about the situation.
Of course they could just be using each other as sources.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Postmaster wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:15 pm Well game scores are a bit different than coaching moves but...... I have no idea of his credibility.
That same coach site has predicted Miller’s termination for 3 plus years.

You throw enough shit at a wall that some is bound to stick.

(Also I sent you this as a private message because I’m barely ever here and can’t figure out what happened to the platform here)
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

Spaceman Spiff wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:01 pm
dovecanyoncat wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:39 pm

I feel like I can bond with other players and coaches. I'm not limited to Arizona, and I can find a program that won't jerk me around for the president's giggles.
As well you should. But it's not really the program that's doing the jerking, it's the president.

~ Wilhoit's Law
Dosia

Post by Dosia »

Scheer just said he no longer expects Miller to be the coach next season.
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

Dosia wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:39 pm Scheer just said he no longer expects Miller to be the coach next season.
Where? Not finding it.
zonagrad

Post by zonagrad »

All I know is that Robbins is cited in the NCAA's NOA as having committed a violation. Miller? Miller committed no violation. Book committed the felony. Phelps committed a violation. Robbins committed a violation. Miller is blamed for not policing Richardson. Why isn't the BOR hounding Robbins for HIS INVOLVEMENT in the NCAA infractions?
Postmaster

Post by Postmaster »

Olsondogg wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:19 pm
Postmaster wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:15 pm Well game scores are a bit different than coaching moves but...... I have no idea of his credibility.
That same coach site has predicted Miller’s termination for 3 plus years.

You throw enough shit at a wall that some is bound to stick.

(Also I sent you this as a private message because I’m barely ever here and can’t figure out what happened to the platform here)
Haha.

It’s good to know they do this a lot.
Postmaster

Post by Postmaster »

zonagrad wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:42 pm All I know is that Robbins is cited in the NCAA's NOA as having committed a violation. Miller? Miller committed no violation. Book committed the felony. Phelps committed a violation. Robbins committed a violation. Miller is blamed for not policing Richardson. Why isn't the BOR hounding Robbins for HIS INVOLVEMENT in the NCAA infractions?
My friend and I were pondering that very thing earlier today.
Dosia

Post by Dosia »

Beachcat97 wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:41 pm
Dosia wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:39 pm Scheer just said he no longer expects Miller to be the coach next season.
Where? Not finding it.
Get premium ;)
BeardownZonaZona

Yup. Just read through everything too. Scheer seems pretty confident he's gone
AZCatGirl

Post by AZCatGirl »

So that's what that earlier tweet meant. Sigh.

Well at least we'll be prepared if we wake up to shit news tomorrow.
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

Dosia wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:48 pm
Beachcat97 wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:41 pm
Where? Not finding it.
Get premium ;)
Nah, I’m good. I don’t need to do some trial subscription to read a Scheer discussion board post that substantiates what you just shared. I thought you meant he tweeted it.

I’ll wait till something breaks publicly. Think it’s coming pretty quickly.
zonagrad

Post by zonagrad »

This is such bullshit. Some fucking heart surgeon with no ties to OUR university is fucking with our beloved program with decades of history. It's time for some ex-players to storm his office and make a public stand about this shit show. They have nothing to lose and can easily get the UA community behind them with some very vocal public support.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

BeardownZonaZona wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:57 pm Yup. Just read through everything too. Scheer seems pretty confident he's gone
Well, nice knowing y'all. Seriously, I'm done.

Not even like I care enough to be mad if the next hire is some assistant. Just done.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

I just don't understand dumping Miller for an unknown. Miller isn't perfect but he's a known quantity that obviously does pretty well. If a new hire goes bad this could permanently fuck our program into irrelevance and has-been status.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
UofAlum05

Post by UofAlum05 »

Disgusting
ekat

Post by ekat »

This just makes me so sick. You don’t treat a long time employee this way. And, it doesn’t just affect Sean Miller. There’s a whole bunch of assistant coaches (and families) and other staff, not to mention a bunch of 18-21 year old kids whose lives are being jerked around to stroke Robbins’ ego. Some of those kids came from the other side of the world during a damn pandemic where they had to jump through a million hoops to get here to play for this coach. They’re staring at top 15 rankings for next year. And this is how my school treats them.

If he’d been fired the day after the season ended it would have made more sense.

I’m running out of words for how sick this makes me.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

Yea there's almost 0 upside to any of this process. Robbins will become a top 3 hated enemy of Arizona sports in my mind if this happens.
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

I’m sorry, guys. Truly.

AZ hoops can’t seem to catch a break right now. But...Image
CatFanOneMil

Post by CatFanOneMil »

Ya know...Robbins and Heeke don't actually HAVE to do anything this week...or next week either...there is no looming deadline here...there is no sword of damocles hanging over them other than what the independent counsel comes out with and nothing they do this week or next week will have ANY affect on that at all.

It's not like hiring or firing Miller will change the outcome of the investigation and whatever decision is handed down CANNOT be appealed so my money is on them not doing anything at all right now.

Miller is probably fine with it as well because he's still doing his thing.

Sheer is not god.