Jedd Fisch- Traveling Used Car Salesman / Coach For Hire

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

UAEebs86

Re: Jedd Fisch

Post by UAEebs86 »

Does Jedd Lasso know we don't get the #1 draft pick if we tank the season?
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
CopaCat

Post by CopaCat »

Merkin wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:19 pm Berryhill Senior posting on FB and more than a little upset.

Stanley Berryhill
Author

As a Fan man it Starts with coaches and not these coaches. Fake Fony and Fictious. But we are running a NFL style offense with not NFL personnel. no accurate passer. And it appears we dont adjust well to defensice schemes. Please take shots down the field.If we make tackles we are at least 3and3

When your team Captain goes on Facebook and complains about the coaching you know the whole program is rotting from the Fisch guts out.

Seems hiring a Mother Fucker might have been a better option. Plus he is a Mother Fucking Alum so that must stand for something right? Also Motherfucking and paying to play are now lofty standards within the NCAA recruiting realm.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Carcassdragger wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:48 pm
Merkin wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:19 pm Berryhill Senior posting on FB and more than a little upset.

Stanley Berryhill
Author

As a Fan man it Starts with coaches and not these coaches. Fake Fony and Fictious. But we are running a NFL style offense with not NFL personnel. no accurate passer. And it appears we dont adjust well to defensice schemes. Please take shots down the field.If we make tackles we are at least 3and3
Holy shit. I expect Berryhill to be suspended at least for the next game. Not a good look.
Just to be clear, that was Berryhill's dad, not the player. Berryhill Sr. says his son doesn't complain all that much.

Miguel Davíd

What does your son say
· Reply · Share · 2h
Stanley Berryhill
Author

Miguel Davíd doesnt say much hes always in next game mode
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Stanley Berryhill
Author

Holy shit. I expect Berryhill to be suspended at least for the next game. Not a good look.
Stanley can’t be expected to control what his father posts on social media.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

But we are running a NFL style offense with not NFL personnel. no accurate passer. And it appears we don't adjust well to defensive schemes. Please take shots down the field

Can't disagree with this at all.

Not sure about being 3-3 if we didn't miss tackles.
AzCatFan2

Post by AzCatFan2 »

I don't expect Berryhill III to say much. That's not his style. He lets his play speak for himself when it comes to football. But Berryhill Sr. is a father of a very talented son, and it has to be difficult to watch the team flounder like a Fisch out of water week after week, while your son works his tail off. I get Berryhill Sr.'s frustrations, and he's 100% correct. This offensive staff is simply not ready for PAC-12 football. And it's not likely to get better any time soon, and we're staring 0-12 in the face.

Mike Stoops wasn't ready either, but we saw glimmers of hope. Early on losses against WSU and the Wiscy hurricane game. And then winning 2 out of the last 3 against UW and ASu his first year. The next year, same record, but more hope, with the win at Oregon State and the beatdown of UCLA. The loss at home against UW was a set back, but that and the close loss at ASu became learning moments, and the next year we went 6-6. Too bad there weren't 100 bowl games back then like today, because we would have gone bowling.

The progress with Stoops was painfully slow and tough to watch at times. But it was evident, both on the field, and with the results. Unfortunate that Stoops had an 8-win ceiling because of his sideline demeanor, his attitude towards his assistants, and personal life issues, because we were close. The potential was there.

With Fisch, I just don't see anything in the future but more floundering. I've seen no progress, and we look worse today than we did opening weekend against BYU. The kids don't seem to be buying the BS Fisch has been selling any more, and we are on the verge of another Mackovic/Sumlin meltdown. Maybe the kids should have a players-only meeting and walk together to Robbins' office and ask for Fisch's removal?
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Stanley Berryhill
Author

That's from his dad.
Carcassdragger

Post by Carcassdragger »

Thanks. Sorry for misunderstanding who posted that.
2020 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2018 BEARDOWN WILDCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
2017 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2013 GOAZCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

AzCatFan2 wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:16 pm

Mike Stoops wasn't ready either, but we saw glimmers of hope. Early on losses against WSU and the Wiscy hurricane game. And then winning 2 out of the last 3 against UW and ASu his first year. The next year, same record, but more hope, with the win at Oregon State and the beatdown of UCLA. The loss at home against UW was a set back, but that and the close loss at ASu became learning moments, and the next year we went 6-6. Too bad there weren't 100 bowl games back then like today, because we would have gone bowling.

The progress with Stoops was painfully slow and tough to watch at times. But it was evident, both on the field, and with the results. Unfortunate that Stoops had an 8-win ceiling because of his sideline demeanor, his attitude towards his assistants, and personal life issues, because we were close. The potential was there.

Ever wonder where we might be if we'd hired Mark Stoops instead of Mike Stoops?

Seems like he has worked wonders at a basketball school in a very tough conference.
-JB
gronk4heisman

Post by gronk4heisman »

UAEebs86 wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:38 pm

Ever wonder where we might be if we'd hired Mark Stoops instead of Mike Stoops?

Seems like he has worked wonders at a basketball school in a very tough conference.
The Mike Stoops results are not that much different from his brother, Mike actually ended with a better conference record.
AzCatFan2

Post by AzCatFan2 »

I wonder what might have been with a healthy Gronk. Also, what might have Mike Stoops done if he could've replaced his brother and Sonny Dykes with equally competent coordinators. Instead, I think we promoted from within for both O and D, and suffered because of it. Speaking of Dykes, he's still in his early 50's, has SMU playing well, and will go to his 4th bowl at 5 years. I think Dykes always liked the Arizona job, and while his first go-round at CAL didn't go exactly as planned, he wasn't awful at Berkeley. And someone who grew up in Lubbock would likely feel more at home in Tucson than N. Cal.

Wouldn't hate the hire, assuming Dykes is still available. Anyone know if Robbins ever operated on Dyke's former roommate's cousin or something?
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

AzCatFan2 wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 4:20 pm I wonder what might have been with a healthy Gronk. Also, what might have Mike Stoops done if he could've replaced his brother and Sonny Dykes with equally competent coordinators. Instead, I think we promoted from within for both O and D, and suffered because of it. Speaking of Dykes, he's still in his early 50's, has SMU playing well, and will go to his 4th bowl at 5 years. I think Dykes always liked the Arizona job, and while his first go-round at CAL didn't go exactly as planned, he wasn't awful at Berkeley. And someone who grew up in Lubbock would likely feel more at home in Tucson than N. Cal.

Wouldn't hate the hire, assuming Dykes is still available. Anyone know if Robbins ever operated on Dyke's former roommate's cousin or something?

I thought Dykes and his wife hated Tucson.
-JB
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

I know Dykes hated Stoops. Not sure about hating the city too.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
AzCatFan2

Post by AzCatFan2 »

Dykes didn't like Stoops. If I remember correctly, Dykes lobbied for the job when we let Stoops go. But Dykes had only 2 years at LA Tech at the time, and hiring the departed coach's former coordinator might not have gone over well.

I think Dykes will likely get another crack at P5 job with what he's done at SMU.
Postmaster

Post by Postmaster »

Maybe Fisch can Zoom with The Ol’ Ball Coach and gets some plays.

Of course, if Robbins is actually calling the plays, that could explain a lot.

Sounds like berryhill senior feels mislead by Jedd’s recruiting pitch.
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

We need talented players. I don't see too many on this team quite frankly.

Hope Fisch's BS sales pitch works otherwise we are screwed...even more than we are right now.
Postmaster

Post by Postmaster »

Postmaster wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:01 pm Maybe Fisch can Zoom with The Ol’ Ball Coach and gets some plays.

When I posted this the other day, I had no Idea Spurrier was going to be here this week and give a pep talk to team.
TheCat

Post by TheCat »

Postmaster wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:01 pm Maybe Fisch can Zoom with The Ol’ Ball Coach and gets some plays.

It is hard to mislead a walk-on's father. That is where this team is talent wise. A walk on is by far our best player. Nothing against walk-ons many were under rated but that is where we are.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

WANKER

WANKER

WANKER
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.
-JB
DrWildcat

Post by DrWildcat »

I'm not sure what is worse, the QB play, Fisch or Robbins?
AzCatFan2

Post by AzCatFan2 »

7 games into the season and still can't break the 20 point mark. Still breaking the 10 penalties a game mark. Still not winning any turnover battles. And now, can't even count to 11!

Just pathetic.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Putting his dipshit stamp on the program.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Training Wheels University
Fendicent4ever

Post by Fendicent4ever »

DrWildcat wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:55 pm I'm not sure what is worse, the QB play, Fisch or Robbins?
Was that 7 step Plummer INT Bobby big wheels contribution to the gameplan?
Postmaster

Post by Postmaster »

No, I think tells the O line to “grab hold real tight so those guys can’t tackle our back”
Siempre Verde

Post by Siempre Verde »

I’m guessing Bobby isn’t smart enough to watch what fans say here. Even if he did, I’m sure he’s too egomaniacal to care. Just in case…let me say quit, m’frRobhins before you completely f up the university I love. And take your puppet with you.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Watching him on the sideline he displayed zero leadership. He just looked totally over his head.

He should quit now and save himself the embarrassment. Go sell timeshares or something.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

He's a used car salesman, and a lousy one at that.
-JB
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

He really does have that “what the fuck do I do now?”look on him. I’m sure that just inspires the team.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

Last night I was opening this thread and started to compose my message "Jedd Fisch now officially has more head coaching wins than me."

Gonna need to hold on to that one for a while longer....
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

needs to give up playcalling duties
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

PieceOfMeat wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 9:35 am needs to give up
Fixed your post
-JB
Postmaster

Post by Postmaster »

Chicat wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 7:59 am Watching him on the sideline he displayed zero leadership. He just looked totally over his head.

He should quit now and save himself the embarrassment. Go sell timeshares or something.
I made a timeshare reference in the WA thread. Funny.
TheCat

Post by TheCat »

AzCatFan2 wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:56 pm 7 games into the season and still can't break the 20 point mark. Still breaking the 10 penalties a game mark. Still not winning any turnover battles. And now, can't even count to 11!

Just pathetic.
The scoring is the most disappointing to me if I had to pick closely followed by untimely penalties. I mean the WA. game turned on a fn screen pass. The safest type pass you can throw.
AzCatFan2

Post by AzCatFan2 »

To add more context, we rank 123 out of 130 D1 teams in penalties a game (https://www.teamrankings.com/college-fo ... s-per-game). ASu is worse, by the way. Should be a run on yellow hankies when we finally play.

106 in yards per game (https://www.espn.com/college-football/s ... me/dir/asc) and in that same link, 127 in points per game!

And the worst part? Things are actually trending in the wrong direction! 10 penalties against UW, when we average 8.5, 280 yards against UW, when we average 340, though we outpaced our scoring, with 16, when we average 14.3. Though an extra 1.7 points is meaningless.

We must be a D-coordinator's dream. Simply stay in the base, play the safeties deep, keep everything in front, and make us earn every yard. Because eventually, we'll make a mistake like a penalty or turnover that will either stall a drive or force us to kick a FG. And in today's game, where teams score 30+ without much thought, all you have to do to beat Arizona is score 20, because we've proven we can't surpass that mark. So on offense, keep in simple, no tricks that can backfire, and eventually, our D will tire, and you'll breakthrough. We have to be the easiest team in the nation to prepare for!
CopaCat

Post by CopaCat »

AzCatFan2 wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:45 pm To add more context, we rank 123 out of 130 D1 teams in penalties a game (https://www.teamrankings.com/college-fo ... s-per-game). ASu is worse, by the way. Should be a run on yellow hankies when we finally play.

106 in yards per game (https://www.espn.com/college-football/s ... me/dir/asc) and in that same link, 127 in points per game!

And the worst part? Things are actually trending in the wrong direction! 10 penalties against UW, when we average 8.5, 280 yards against UW, when we average 340, though we outpaced our scoring, with 16, when we average 14.3. Though an extra 1.7 points is meaningless.

We must be a D-coordinator's dream. Simply stay in the base, play the safeties deep, keep everything in front, and make us earn every yard. Because eventually, we'll make a mistake like a penalty or turnover that will either stall a drive or force us to kick a FG. And in today's game, where teams score 30+ without much thought, all you have to do to beat Arizona is score 20, because we've proven we can't surpass that mark. So on offense, keep in simple, no tricks that can backfire, and eventually, our D will tire, and you'll breakthrough. We have to be the easiest team in the nation to prepare for!

We're also easy to prepare for due to the 7 play wet napkin offense. Seriously our play calling has to be near the bottom of the country in variety of plays called. I see a-lot of the same plays over and over. Fisch calls plays like his team recruits like Alabama. We go straight Vanilla when we need Neopolitan Chocolate Swirl with Sprinkles.

Also as I mentioned in game thread, Plummer needs to roll out on nearly every pass. He is an absolutely atrocious Pocket Passer. No reason to keep him in that situation unless you reside in a wet paper bag or Fisch net.
Postmaster

Post by Postmaster »

I said a few weeks ago that they should roll Plummer out, maybe try an option.
But I wonder if the play selection has to do with the rotating QBs, at least in part.
AV8RCAT

Post by AV8RCAT »

Not much we can do. We can't pay another buy out, and who would we get at this point?
Just have to hope he can fix it for next year.
BBQ wildcat

Post by BBQ wildcat »

Yeah, next year picking the over/under of 2 wins might be tougher.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

I just read an article that claims that Dedd Fisch is on the hot seat.

Good
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Chicat wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 4:54 pm I just read an article that claims that Dedd Fisch is on the hot seat.

Good

Unless it identifies who is paying his buyout it's worthless.
-JB
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Yeah between new football, basketball, baseball, softball and soccer coaches and covid issues...we ain't got the money to fire Fisch for another 3+ years. Unless we're 0-12 this year and win less than 2 games next year, he gets at least through the 2023 season.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

Chicat wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 4:54 pm I just read an article that claims that Dedd Fisch is on the hot seat.

Good
Here comes a boat-load of injuries.
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Good
That was AZ Central and they're wrong.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

azgreg wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 6:37 pm

Good
That was AZ Central and they're wrong.
He should be.

The team is regressing.
gronk4heisman

Post by gronk4heisman »

The fact we gave such a big buyout to a guy who no one wanted for any real position speaks to how awful our AD is run not only in the hiring but the writing of contracts. Only chance at this point is to force Fisch to hire a real OC who knows how to put together an offense and call a game and have him just hold the role of CEO.

Arizona has not just the worst redzone scoring % in college football, but the worst of any team in over a decade.
AV8RCAT

Post by AV8RCAT »

We'll see what offensive changes he makes in the off season. I understand he wants to run a pro set to attract recruits but he better get some fast.
Sid

Post by Sid »

AV8RCAT wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 9:40 am We'll see what offensive changes he makes in the off season. I understand he wants to run a pro set to attract recruits but he better get some fast.
A pretty good one will be here in January and his TE too.
Fendicent4ever

Post by Fendicent4ever »

Heres what concerns me about this era, aside from the obvious.

-God bless Will Plummer, but he isn't an FBS level talent. Games too fast for him at this level. Maybe Gunner, too. This team probably has 3 wins with Willie Tuitama or Dawkins playing QB.

-Tayvian, Casteel, Drake Anderson, and Michael Wiley are all guys who have proven they are capable of scoring long touchdowns against bona fide Division One defenses. HOW do they look so slow?

-Noah Fifita is probably 5'9 165. If hes playing QB as an 18 year old next season, he will suffer the same fate as Willie, Matt Scott, Anu Solomon, and Brandon Dawkins as kids who got wrecked physically (and possibly mentally) with head injuries playing QB here. I just don't see a scenario in him playing that early is a good thing.

-This is probably the most stout defense since Brooks Reed/Ricky Elmore. But when your historically bad on offense, eventually the dam breaks.

-Figure out how to field a competitive offense next season, and theres a LOT more hope than meets the eye. Problem is, thats a massive ask.