2022 Recruit/Commitment Thread

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

azgreg

Re: 2022 Recruit/Commitment Thread

Post by azgreg »

That would be huge. His offer list is the who's who of college football.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

I think his sister came with him and will play basketball for Adia Barnes. Adia tweeted out some comments on what a great day Sunday was like she does when she gets a recruit. Brother and Sister will play at the UofA. How cool is that plus this guy is really a really good CB
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

azcat49 wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 1:57 pm I think his sister came with him and will play basketball for Adia Barnes. Adia tweeted out some comments on what a great day Sunday was like she does when she gets a recruit. Brother and Sister will play at the UofA. How cool is that plus this guy is really a really good CB
I think Green is a good friend of his as well. They visited together.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

This class should really be something. This team just went 1-11 and we should have a top 30 class. If we win say 6 games next year how good might that class be? Have to give Fisch snd the coaches credit because they are recruiting their tails off
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

Meet the Arizona Wildcats' highly rated 2022 football recruiting class
Justin Spears Arizona Daily Star 55 min ago Comments

College football coaches are flying across the country for last-minute recruiting pitches, committed players are in the ears of high-level prospects to join them and programs are monitoring social media activity of their prized uncommitted target.

It's early-signing time. Starting Wednesday, college football recruits can sign national letters-of-intent with the teams of their choice.

The Arizona Wildcats currently have 17 commits for the 2022 recruiting class.

Jedd Fisch's first full recruiting class has been shuffled a bit. Scottsdale defensive end Tristan Monday, four-star safety Zeke Berry, three-star defensive back TJ Hall and Dallas cornerback Kyron Chambers have all decommitted from the UA over the last year. But Arizona landed two recruits over the weekend: Former USC commit Kevin Green Jr., a wide receiver, as well as three-star defensive end Isaiah Ward. And the Wildcats remain in contention to land four-star cornerback Ephesians Prysock, four-star running back Rayshon “Speedy” Luke and five-star wide receiver Tetairoa McMillan, who — for now — has picked Oregon over Arizona.

Arizona's 2022 recruiting class, as it stands today, ranks third in the Pac-12 and 34th nationally in 247Sports.com's rankings. Should the class hold, it'll be Arizona’s highest-rated group since 2006.

As signing day nears, here's a look at the players who make up the Wildcats’ 2022 recruiting class:

Keyan Burnett
Position: Tight end

Height: 6 feet 4 inches

Weight: 225 pounds

Hometown (high school): Anaheim, California (Servite)

Rating: 4 stars (247Sports.com/Rivals.com)

Other offers: USC, Arizona State, Cal, Washington, Miami, Nebraska

Watch: Notable clips of future Arizona Wildcats Noah Fifita, Keyan Burnett and Jacob Manu in Servite's loss to St. John Bosco

Sterling Lane
Position: Outside linebacker

Height: 6-4

Weight: 235 pounds

Hometown (high school): Westlake Village, California (Oaks Christian)

Rating: 4 stars (247Sports.com/Rivals.com)

Other offers: LSU, Oregon, Michigan, Tennessee, ASU, Utah

Kevin Green
Position: Wide receiver

Height: 5-11

Weight: 165 pounds

Hometown (high school): Mission Hills, California (Bishop Alemany)

Rating: 3 stars (247Sports.com/Rivals.com)

Other offers: USC, Oregon, ASU, Nebraska, Cal, Penn State, Stanford, Tennessee, Utah

Jonah Coleman
Position: Running back

Height: 5-9

Weight: 205 pounds

Hometown (high school): Stockton, California (Lincoln)

Other offers: Colorado, ASU, Tennessee, San Diego State, Fresno State

Tyler Martin
Position: Inside linebacker

Height: 6-3

Weight: 238 pounds

Hometown (high school): Acton, Massachusetts (Buckingham Browne and Nichols School)

Other offers: Michigan, Arkansas, Virginia, Vanderbilt

AJ Jones
Position: Wide receiver

Weight: 195 pounds

Hometown (high school): Ontario, California (Colony)

Other offers: UCLA, ASU, San Diego State, Princeton, Dartmouth, Yale

Isaiah Ward
Position: Edge rusher

Height: 6-6

Weight: 230 pounds

Hometown (high school): Ontario, California (Colony)

Other offers: ASU, Utah, Oregon State, Washington State, San Diego State

121421-tuc-spt-uafb-p2
Anaheim Servite quarterback Noah Fifita, right, is the lone quarterback in Arizona's 2022 signing class.

Alex Gallardo, Special to the Arizona Daily Star
Noah Fifita
Position: Quarterback

Height: 5-10

Weight: 170 pounds

Other offers: Cal, Hawaii, Fresno State, New Mexico, Utah State

Russell Davis II
Position: Edge rusher

Weight: 215 pounds

Hometown (high school): Chandler (Hamilton)

Other offers: Boston College, Duke, Colorado State, East Carolina

Grayson Stovall
Position: Offensive line

Weight: 281

Hometown (high school): Chandler (Hamilton)

Other offers: ASU, Utah, Oregon State, Michigan State, Kansas, Indiana, Colorado State

Jacob Manu
Position: Linebacker

Height: 5-11

Weight: 210 pounds

Other offers: Dartmouth, Penn

Tyler Powell
Position: Tight end

Height: 6-7

Weight: 240 pounds

Hometown (high school): Phoenix (Brophy College Prep)

Other offers: Auburn, ASU, Florida State, Iowa State, UCLA, UNLV

Tacario Davis
Position: Cornerback

Height: 6-2

Weight: 185 pounds

Hometown (high school): Long Beach, California (Millikan)

Other offers: ASU, Kansas

Jonah Savaiinaea

Weight: 330 pounds

Hometown (high school): Honolulu (Saint Louis)

Other offers: ASU, Hawaii, San Diego State, Syracuse

Isaiah Johnson
Position: Defensive tackle

Height: 6-2

Weight: 275 pounds

Hometown (high school): Chandler (Chandler)

Other offers: Colorado, Idaho, Utah State

Jermaine Wiggins Jr.
Position: Defensive end

Weight: 230 pounds

Hometown (high school): Bridgton, Massachusetts (Bridgton Academy)

Rating: 3 stars (247 Sports / Rivals)

Other offers: None

Jacob Reece

Height: 6-5

Weight: 295 pounds

Hometown (high school): Salt Lake City (Brighton)

Rating: 3 stars (247 Sports / Rivals)

Other offers: Utah State
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Ward is a step up from Monday and Prysock would make us forget Chambers really fast. Still a couple more guys who committed over the weekend based up the tweets from Fisch that haven’t announced. Prysock is likely one of those two
gronk4heisman

Post by gronk4heisman »

azcat49 wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 2:17 pm This class should really be something. This team just went 1-11 and we should have a top 30 class. If we win say 6 games next year how good might that class be? Have to give Fisch snd the coaches credit because they are recruiting their tails off
Unfortunately, Jedd still needs to coach and nothing I have seen leads me to believe we can be anywhere near a 6 win team and are unlikely to win any games where were clearly not the team with better personnel. Hopefully Jedd takes some game coaching courses once recruiting is done, I love the talent he is bringing in but have a hard time seeing him winning more than a couple games next year and would be more surprised with 6 wins than I would be with 0.

The biggest sophmore jump is going to need to be Jedd's coaching, which I will be optimistic that he can work hard an improve.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Yea 6 is just being really hopeful but I am loving his roster management right now. This class is head and shoulders above any class we have had in 15 years.

That talent will be young and probably wont show out on the field yet but I am not as down on his coaching as I originally was. I think a lot of his play calling was due to him recognizing the talent deficiencies we had and knowing as the field got shorter we couldn’t just run it in.

I think as we see the talent increase we will see more explosive big plays and better execution in the red zone
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Love it that he’s bringing in talent, but Jedd better pray that some of these guys can play immediately or that he can get some transfers and JC guys to step in while they mature.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Scheer seems to think our class total will be closer to 30 and that the rest will come out of the portal.
gronk4heisman

Post by gronk4heisman »

azgreg wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 3:47 pm Scheer seems to think our class total will be closer to 30 and that the rest will come out of the portal.
Jedd said we can sign 23 plus up to 7 more depending on transfers out, so that is likely where Scheer is getting that number. We are currently at 17 with potentially 3 signing day surprises that I have heard. That would like between 10-13 to add through remaining players singing in January and transfers. I would think we make a strong push for any transfers who can contribute right away at OL, S, LB and maybe an upperclassman QB or WR.
Last edited by gronk4heisman on Mon Dec 13, 2021 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

Jedd is undefeated in the offseason
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

only way we aren't 1-11 again next year is if some of these kids are all conference level players from day 1
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
HaCats

Post by HaCats »

Some of you are a bit overly defeatist. This team played with Oregon for 3 and a 1/2 quarters despite 5 pics, played with UCLA until McCloud got hurt, played with Utah all game, was within striking distance of USC in the 4th quarter. And yes, we had our self inflicted face plant at asu and didn't show against wazzu, sdsu and nau. I'm not suggesting a good recruiting class gets us to 6 wins cause it won't as most of these guys (minus T-Mac and maybe Burnett) won't be impact players for another season or two. But I don't see any reason why this team can't get 4 wins, or at least 3. I think it's safe to say Fisch was raw as well and let's hope he'll have learned some impactful lessons from year 1 and be better next year.
HaCats

Post by HaCats »

Not to mention we should've beaten Washington too
Sid

Post by Sid »

HaCats wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 6:06 pm Not to mention we should've beaten Washington too
Yep. And Jedd just tweeted a new happy cactus tweet about 2 minutes ago….

Wednesday can’t come soon enough.
Carcassdragger

Post by Carcassdragger »

Dudes. A class of good recruits who bond and play as a team can work wonders. Let's stick to the good news if Jedd brings em in and welcome these guys.
2020 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2018 BEARDOWN WILDCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
2017 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2013 GOAZCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
Irish27

Post by Irish27 »

2019 & 2021 Basketball RAP Winner/2022 Football RAP Winner
Abrahamarvel

Post by Abrahamarvel »

There are 3 unaccounted dancing cacti, assuming one of them is Prysock
DrWildcat

Post by DrWildcat »

We need to get a QB and some OL from the portal to significantly improve over last season.
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

DrWildcat wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 8:42 am We need to get a QB and some OL from the portal to significantly improve over last season.
I am not so sure about the QB. Had we had an offensive line that could have kept our QB's in an upright position for more than 1/2 second after the ball was snapped I'm sure they would have all looked better.

As far as the OL I completely agree but I think it will be very difficult to pull that many quality bodies via the portal route. Most good lineman are not looking for a team that is likely to have a losing season with no prospect of a bowl game.
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

https://weberstatesports.com/sports/foo ... arlas/5592

6-4 260 lb DE
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

Irish27

Post by Irish27 »

gronk4heisman

Post by gronk4heisman »

I played around with the 247 class calculator, and if the things I am hearing may happen happen our class could end up ranked #18 in the county which is unheard of. Granted other teams will still be adding players and it will drop some, but there is no denying that our talent level will be increasing. Coaching is still a huge question, but talent makes the margin for error a little larger.
tgrumpy2

Post by tgrumpy2 »

HaCats wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 5:58 pm Some of you are a bit overly defeatist. This team played with Oregon for 3 and a 1/2 quarters despite 5 pics, played with UCLA until McCloud got hurt, played with Utah all game, was within striking distance of USC in the 4th quarter. And yes, we had our self inflicted face plant at asu and didn't show against wazzu, sdsu and nau. I'm not suggesting a good recruiting class gets us to 6 wins cause it won't as most of these guys (minus T-Mac and maybe Burnett) won't be impact players for another season or two. But I don't see any reason why this team can't get 4 wins, or at least 3. I think it's safe to say Fisch was raw as well and let's hope he'll have learned some impactful lessons from year 1 and be better next year.

I agree wholeheartedly. There seems to be complaints about play calling. You have to call a play you think your team can execute. Just when each of our brand new quarterbacks started to slow the game down in their heads to where they could execute the offense they got hurt. You folks do realize Plummer is our 3rd string quarterback and he made incredible strides. If all three of them improve next year as much as they did this year we will win more games. My only other comment would be on the offensive line. We finished up with 6 upright players that could still play. What do you think is going to happen when you're constantly dealing with injuries like this? Offensive linemen are not born, they are created with hard work. I would say that OL is the hardest position to learn next to QB which is why not many freshmen OL play much. I'm going to stick my neck out here and say I think our OL will be greatly improved. Plummer completed 58% of his passes and had Casteel not dropped as many he may have hit 60%.
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

Merkin

Post by Merkin »

"As mentioned with Arizona, Slovis could look to return to his home state. Jayden Daniels is slated to return next year, so an opportunity to start would likely have to wait until 2023."

Yea, I don't think ASU is in his future.
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

Recruiting experts discuss Arizona-bound QB Noah Fifita, other commits — and a player UA is still chasing
Michael Lev Dec 14, 2021 Updated 16 min ago

Anaheim Servite quarterback Noah Fifita is “a phenomenal playmaker and a great decision-maker,” says Rivals.com recruiting expert Adam Gorney.

Alex Gallardo, Special to
the Arizona Daily Star

Michael Lev
What do recruiting analysts think of some of Arizona’s verbal commitments — and possible additions — for the class of 2022?

The Star asked Blair Angulo, who covers the West region for 247Sports.com, and Adam Gorney, the national recruiting director for Rivals.com, to break down some of the Wildcats’ prospects. Here’s a portion of what they had to say:

Gorney on committed QB Noah Fifita of Servite High School in Anaheim, California: “Fifita is a phenomenal playmaker and a great decision-maker. He’s gonna lead the offense down the field in 10-yard chunks or take the top off and find somebody deep down the field. I love how he plays the game. He’s super-competitive, smart, studies it. The only concern is the height. (Fifita is listed at 5-10.) He has moved up in the rankings because of his ability, but there has to be a ceiling on that. You just wonder about his limitations. ... But he could easily prove me wrong. There’s no doubt (about) his talent.”

Angulo on committed DE Russell Davis II of Chandler Hamilton High School: “Russell Davis is very undervalued. His potential is through the roof because of his frame – a 6-4, 225-pound player who could definitely be the next Jalen Harris in that scheme. He’s going to be able to add about 30 pounds or so and maintain that quick twitch and speed. I would not be surprised if we’re talking in three or four years about an All-Pac-12 type of player.”

Gorney on committed TE Keyan Burnett of Servite: “Burnett is one of the best-looking kids in any Pac-12 class. He just needs to produce more. You kind of forget that he’s out there sometimes. It could be because he (Fifita) and T-Mac (receiver Tetairoa McMillan) have such a strong connection. But Burnett is definitely a willing blocker. He can split out, make you miss, break tackles.”

Angulo on committed OT Jacob Reese of Brighton High School in Salt Lake City: “I like Jacob Reece a lot. He was headed to Utah State. I thought he was player with a ton of potential — athleticism, size, frame. I always thought Utah State was going to get a steal, a player who could get drafted. I wouldn’t be surprised if he contributes early. Technique-wise, he’s solid. He’s got a mean streak I really like.”

Gorney on committed LB Jacob Manu of Servite: “Manu is a kid I really like, another undersized kid (listed at 5-11). Having done this over the years, I just stopped caring about linebacker size. He’s not facing 235-pound running backs bowling him over in the SEC. The most important thing is playing in space and playing sideline to sideline. I don’t know if he’s as instinctual or talented (as Scooby Wright), but he’s a guy who can get on the field and get people on the ground.”

Angulo on whether McMillan will flip from Oregon: “I don’t think so. He’s been a lifelong Oregon Ducks fan. He has been set on going there regardless of the coach. I just think he’s too enthralled and enticed by that childhood fandom. I don’t think he was ever going there because of the coach. ... But I’ve been wrong before.”

Gorney on whether McMillan will flip: “He’s always wanted to play at Oregon. (New coach Dan) Lanning has made him a top priority. It’s certainly tempting, but at this point I’d be a little surprised if it happened. If it does, it would be absolutely huge. He’s maybe the best receiver in the country. That would be a complete game-changer.”
Irish27

Post by Irish27 »

MountainCat

Post by MountainCat »

Well….

….Today’s the day. What will Jed Clampett pull off? Will we have any new surprises?
No Bandwagon Here! Always a Cat!
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

DrWildcat

Post by DrWildcat »

I'm actually pretty interested to see who signs today and if we are able to get any big time surprises. We need talent!
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

azgreg

Post by azgreg »

azgreg

Post by azgreg »

azgreg

Post by azgreg »

azgreg

Post by azgreg »

azgreg

Post by azgreg »

azgreg

Post by azgreg »

azgreg

Post by azgreg »

azgreg

Post by azgreg »

azgreg

Post by azgreg »

azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Irish27

Post by Irish27 »

azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Carcassdragger

Post by Carcassdragger »

Waiting for Lane.
Carcassdragger

Post by Carcassdragger »

Carcassdragger wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 8:36 am Waiting for Lane.
and TM. Cmon man, this is where you belong.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Carcassdragger

Post by Carcassdragger »

Yeah. Got Green onboard. Welcome!