4 Jordon McCloud

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

ANGCatFan

4 Jordon McCloud

Post by ANGCatFan »

McCloud is a 6-0, 200, Sophomore quarterback from Tampa, FL. He played at USF for the past 2 years appearing in 20 games. He started 7 games last year making 120 completions for 1,341 yards, 9 TDs and 2 interceptions while completing 61.9% of his passes. He ended up 3rd in our QB race, but was at a big disadvantage being the only one not here for the spring. McCloud should improve during the year and there is still a chance we will see him this year.

azgreg

Re: 4 Jordon McCloud

Post by azgreg »

Sid

Post by Sid »

azgreg wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 4:55 pm
We might need a new thread on whom the Hell is going to win the starting QB spot? I have no idea…..
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

I'm just guessing McCloud until Fifita gets up to FBS speed.

Only one that can consistently move the team, even with a noodle arm.
gronk4heisman

Post by gronk4heisman »

If we add an established QB from the portal, does Jordan stay or enter the portal himself?
Sid

Post by Sid »

Jedd, Dougherty, Carroll and others all helped Noah move in this morning. Mom just posted the pictures….
UALoco

Post by UALoco »

I feel the starting job is between McCloud, Fifita, and Plummer.

McCloud showed an ability to move the team down the field and was trending in the right direction in terms of interceptions in his short time. He deserves another chance to compete for the starting job.

Fifita, shows some awesome stuff against HS competition, has Young Russell Wilson and Kyler Murray type legs, and is coming in early for spring ball. Also, I wouldn't want to be the one to tell his mom and family that he doesn't have a chance. So he will be able to compete for the job.

And Plummer, through sheer grit and determination..along with some hard-earned experience, he deserves a shot.

The rest of the guys should probably enter the transfer portal.

And it would be nice to get at least one good experienced QB through the portal.

If there was a gun to my head and I had to choose now. McCloud wins the starting job but with a short leash. Fifita is second so that he can get some college snaps..that is if he is able to pick up the play book and show the ability to read college defenses. And then Plummer will be there to be solid back up and pick up garbage time. Note...having a solid back up is important. The OL is suspect so the chances for injury and pretty high.
wyo-cat

Post by wyo-cat »

By playing so well last season, it’s Plummer’s to lose right now. I think Jordan is a better QB and with a full spring and summer to develop, I think it will be Jordan in the end.

Feef is going to see time probably ever game, so will Plummer. Gotta develop Feef and keep Plummer ready.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Plummer is a bad mutha shut your mouth, but will probably be nothing more than a solid backup.

McCloud certainly seems to have the highest football IQ, no one moves the team better, but his inability to throw it on a dart 20 yards is going to hurt his chances if the opposing DBs start cheating up on him. Really hard to work on arm strength when you have other medical issues.
wyo-cat

Post by wyo-cat »

TMac can bring shit down like crazy. He’s like a football magnet. I saw him pick off the other team in the end zone. He went up 2 feet higher than the receiver and brought it down one handed. He’s amazing.

Jordan or whoever the QB is will have that beast out there drawing defenders and making great plays. Huge diff than having just Stanley out there.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

I certainly believe we will be night and day better in the red zone next year with these weapons.

TMac and Burnett as targets and you put Green or Luke in the slot or hand it off to Coleman. Crazy our talent infusion
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

wyo-cat wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 11:46 am TMac can bring shit down like crazy. He’s like a football magnet. I saw him pick off the other team in the end zone. He went up 2 feet higher than the receiver and brought it down one handed. He’s amazing.
Sounds like Shawn Poindexter. He made Khalil Tate a much better passer than he was really was, since Tate could just throw a jump ball, and Poindexter being so much taller than the DBs would normally get it.
wyo-cat

Post by wyo-cat »

Merkin wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 1:33 pm
wyo-cat wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 11:46 am TMac can bring shit down like crazy. He’s like a football magnet. I saw him pick off the other team in the end zone. He went up 2 feet higher than the receiver and brought it down one handed. He’s amazing.
Sounds like Shawn Poindexter. He made Khalil Tate a much better passer than he was really was, since Tate could just throw a jump ball, and Poindexter being so much taller than the DBs would normally get it.
T is also lightning fast after the catch. Once he burns a couple of teams, he’ll draw extra attention. Which will help open thing up for everyone else.
AV8RCAT

Post by AV8RCAT »

wyo-cat wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 11:32 am By playing so well last season, it’s Plummer’s to lose right now. I think Jordan is a better QB and with a full spring and summer to develop, I think it will be Jordan in the end.

Feef is going to see time probably ever game, so will Plummer. Gotta develop Feef and keep Plummer ready.
I don't think Plummer played well, but he showed some grit and made some plays.
tgrumpy2

Post by tgrumpy2 »

AV8RCAT wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 8:37 am
wyo-cat wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 11:32 am By playing so well last season, it’s Plummer’s to lose right now. I think Jordan is a better QB and with a full spring and summer to develop, I think it will be Jordan in the end.

I don't think Plummer played well, but he showed some grit and made some plays.
Plummer didn't play well but over the course of the season made significant improvements. When he first took over he didn't know whether to crap or go blind. Opponents were shooting linebackers at him out of cannons and dropping them from helicopters. By the end of the year he was making plays but not seeing wide open receivers. He was not helped at all by a beat up and according to some inferior OL or inconsistant receivers. I'm hoping with the infusion of talent into our receivers and better OL I think Plummer or McCloud or Cruz can progress. I don't necessarily agree with some assessments of McCloud having a "noodle" arm. I think it's a healthy step above that. B.J. Denker had the noodle arm. I do think its Plummers to lose.
AV8RCAT

Post by AV8RCAT »

I'm kind of rooting for Plummer just for being a badass, but I don't know if he has much potential.
gronk4heisman

Post by gronk4heisman »

If you are at the point where you are planning to make Plummer your starter, you should probably just sell out for the future with Fifita since I can not see Plummer leading a team to a bowl game. I love him as my backup though. I think your starter has to be Jordon or an established veteran (I'm thinking of De Laura) if you are wanting to see tangible changes in the win column.
Sid

Post by Sid »

Hunter Echols trying to get Jaxon Dart to join him is all time. Crazy stuff……
tgrumpy2

Post by tgrumpy2 »

I will root for anyone they put out there to start. I'll do that because I'm a fan and I'm not going to boo some kid that's playing his guts out and trying to do his best. I want Plummer to progress and if he doesn't during Spring and Fall then no I hope he doesn't start but if he does, I'll still root for him. If he still plays when there are better options then I"ll take it out on a coach. I'm saving all the negative stuff until I see all the working parts playing. A lot of the QB's development is going to depend on OL and receiver development as well.
UALoco

Post by UALoco »

Gronk totally called here...nice.
gronk4heisman wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 12:35 pm If you are at the point where you are planning to make Plummer your starter, you should probably just sell out for the future with Fifita since I can not see Plummer leading a team to a bowl game. I love him as my backup though. I think your starter has to be Jordon or an established veteran (I'm thinking of De Laura) if you are wanting to see tangible changes in the win column.
gronk4heisman

Post by gronk4heisman »

gronk4heisman wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 6:01 pm If we add an established QB from the portal, does Jordan stay or enter the portal himself?
Now that the news has broke, the question remains. Does Jordan stay?
wyo-cat

Post by wyo-cat »

He’s coming of a catastrophic knee injury. His best bet is to rehab and stay here.

I wish the young man the best, but I can’t see a team taking a flyer on him. That probably means he’ll be gone by Wed.