Running back

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

ProfessorFate

Re: Running back

Post by ProfessorFate »

Carcassdragger wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 8:10 am Seems like we got our guy. Who's next? More D linemen? Another RB? QB? One more corner?
Legit LB.
2023 Football RAP Champion
2022 Mark Schlabach Memorial Bracket Champion
2017 Bear Down Wildcats Survival Pool Champion
FreeSpiritCat

Post by FreeSpiritCat »

We need a CB and LB the most. All of this will be sorted out by June 3, when summer school classes begin.
Ghost

Post by Ghost »

Merkin wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 5:56 pm AirZona! We don't need no stinking running backs with Fifita and T-Mac!

Won't work, but I like the way it sounds. Air Raid had some success.
I see what you did there Merkster! Brilliant. Maybe this 4 star can right the RB ship.
Ghost

Post by Ghost »

ProfessorFate wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 9:55 am
Carcassdragger wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 8:10 am Seems like we got our guy. Who's next? More D linemen? Another RB? QB? One more corner?
Legit LB.
LB is getting moved to RB? Big if true.
Fishclamps

Post by Fishclamps »

Did anyone see Scheer talking about Croskey-Merritt?

Apparently already on campus just waiting for school to start. He actually does have another season because during his first year at Alabama State he was sharing a jersey with another player, so he was under the max for a redshirt season. Very weird scenario.
FreeSpiritCat

Post by FreeSpiritCat »

Fishclamps wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 2:15 pm Did anyone see Scheer talking about Croskey-Merritt?

Apparently already on campus just waiting for school to start. He actually does have another season because during his first year at Alabama State he was sharing a jersey with another player, so he was under the max for a redshirt season. Very weird scenario.
And, of course, ESPN got it wrong. The problem was he was sharing his jersey with another RB. So people would look at the number and assume it was Jacory who was playing. There are tapes of the games and you could see Jacory on the sideline while someone else was wearing his jersey. We got really lucky. Our running back corp is at least at the same level as last season now. The position we need most now is CB. Not sure we will be able to fine a decent one in the portal now. We might have to move Stukes to CB, and play Genesis Smith as star.
Ghost

Post by Ghost »

Fishclamps wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 2:15 pm Did anyone see Scheer talking about Croskey-Merritt?

That’s Premium info you are bringing onto this board.
FreeSpiritCat

Post by FreeSpiritCat »

Ghost wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 2:32 pm

No it's not. It was on the PHNX videocast earlier today.
wyo-cat

Post by wyo-cat »

We signed a corner from The U.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Catintheheat wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 2:37 pm
Ghost wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 2:32 pm

No it's not. It was on the PHNX videocast earlier today.
Ghost wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 11:41 amOooof.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

wyo-cat

Post by wyo-cat »

That’s some BDW premium shit.

Should you be posting, Merk?
FreeSpiritCat

Post by FreeSpiritCat »

Ghost

Post by Ghost »

Catintheheat wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 3:32 pm
Ghost

Post by Ghost »

Ghost wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 3:38 pm

This isn’t a legit site.
FreeSpiritCat

Post by FreeSpiritCat »

Ghost wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 3:39 pm
Ghost wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 3:38 pm

This isn’t a legit site.
That's hilarious. Mike Luke and Jason Scheer are talking, and yet it is not a legit site. The podcast is even announced on Wildcat Authority before it starts. You are crazy Chief!
Fishclamps

Post by Fishclamps »

Here's a top secret premium tweet for you chief
Carcassdragger

Post by Carcassdragger »

I'm still curious to see how Kayden Luke's career goes. I'm thinking he's going to be a significant contributor at some point, maybe as a linebacker.

I'd guess he'll redshirt this year.
2020 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2018 BEARDOWN WILDCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
2017 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2013 GOAZCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
wyo-cat

Post by wyo-cat »

Carcassdragger wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 12:04 pm I'm still curious to see how Kayden Luke's career goes. I'm thinking he's going to be a significant contributor at some point, maybe as a linebacker.

He’s got great size. He could be a power back in waiting.
tgrumpy2

Post by tgrumpy2 »

wyo-cat wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 1:00 pm
Carcassdragger wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 12:04 pm I'm still curious to see how Kayden Luke's career goes. I'm thinking he's going to be a significant contributor at some point, maybe as a linebacker.

He’s got great size. He could be a power back in waiting.

When I first read he had committed, I looked at his size and the videos on him. I doubt we see him much this year but he is certainly interesting. I have the same feelings about him that I did with Sean Poindexter, under the radar and under valued. He loves contact and does have a burst of speed. On one play I saw him "truck" a linebacker and a defensive back and then outran the rest of the secondary to the end zone. Yea a power bac in waiting for sure
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
wyo-cat

Post by wyo-cat »

I clicked through. That’s an actual tweet. LOL!!
Carcassdragger

Post by Carcassdragger »

Mike Luke says this is the best RB room in the conference. Does he even have a clue what other teams in the conference have? I mean he just said repeatedly that Arizona baseball is hosting a Super Regional. Seems like he has no idea that we're hosting a Regional- not a Super as of yet.

Dude really seems so often like he has no idea.
Fishclamps

Post by Fishclamps »

Well the only other running back I know in the big 12 is Ollie Gordon so I dunno, maybe we do have the best room thanks to depth?
Ghost

Post by Ghost »

Carcassdragger wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 12:57 pm Mike Luke says this is the best RB room in the conference. Does he even have a clue what other teams in the conference have? I mean he just said repeatedly that Arizona baseball is hosting a Super Regional. Seems like he has no idea that we're hosting a Regional- not a Super as of yet.

Luke has zero idea about football. He was fired from radio for badmouthing players and works for a fake site. He’s also a well known Nebraska football fan. He makes grandiose statements and is wrong 95% of the time. He’s not real media.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
Carcassdragger

Post by Carcassdragger »

Ghost wrote: Tue May 28, 2024 6:08 pm
Carcassdragger wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 12:57 pm Mike Luke says this is the best RB room in the conference. Does he even have a clue what other teams in the conference have? I mean he just said repeatedly that Arizona baseball is hosting a Super Regional. Seems like he has no idea that we're hosting a Regional- not a Super as of yet.

Luke has zero idea about football. He was fired from radio for badmouthing players and works for a fake site. He’s also a well known Nebraska football fan. He makes grandiose statements and is wrong 95% of the time. He’s not real media.

This sounds like another dude that was around here for awhile. He was wrong time after time and badmouthed many players and coaches. Became known as a program cancer. If I recall, he went by the moniker of "Chief".

Wonder what happened to that dude.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Bashing Luke? Have Machina and Chief ever been seen in the same room together?
Ghost

Post by Ghost »

Carcassdragger wrote: Tue May 28, 2024 6:26 pm

This sounds like another dude that was around here for awhile. He was wrong time after time and badmouthed many players and coaches. Became known as a program cancer. If I recall, he went by the moniker of "Chief".

The guy who called out Fisch from day one while the media hung onto his nuts. 🤣 The guy who warned Arizona fans of Fisch, Heeke, and Robbins while the media swung from their nuts like Tarzan? The program cancers have always been the local media guys who get paid to tell you what you want to hear and not warn you of used car salesmen and Snake Oil Salesmen. That dude is on Twitter still owning fools while yall are still obsessed with him on this board that no one goes to.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Ghost gets a 1-week timeout for not abiding by the rules regarding trolling.
wyo-cat

Post by wyo-cat »

JCM has more production than the entire RB room for ASU last year, it’s Luke’s opinion. He may not be dead on, but he’s pretty close.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Dude should be banned for continuing his lie that he isn’t the name that shall not be mentioned. It is so self evident he is that guy.
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

He did admit he was Tanaka didn't he? No more socks!
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

azcat49 wrote: Wed May 29, 2024 3:35 pm Dude should be banned for continuing his lie that he isn’t the name that shall not be mentioned. It is so self evident he is that guy.
I whole heartedly agree.

Let him post under the name "Chief" or not at all.

Only cowards hide behind socks.
ProfessorFate

Post by ProfessorFate »

I would ban all 3 of his IDs for life. He only trolls and tries to drum up business for his fledgling X account. But that's just me.
2023 Football RAP Champion
2022 Mark Schlabach Memorial Bracket Champion
2017 Bear Down Wildcats Survival Pool Champion
Fishclamps

Post by Fishclamps »

Yeah at least CO shits on the actual subject matter which makes his trolling entertaining, Ghost just brings up local media no matter the context. He even injected it into Ang's countdown for no reason at all.

Really should just ban him.
AZCatGirl

Post by AZCatGirl »

Trolling Ang's countdown should be a banable offense by itself.
“The reality is that the hardest games to win are over teams on their home court. Teams that don’t play those games can spin it however they want, but what they’re saying is, ‘We don’t want to lose in our non conference season.’" - Sean Miller
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

AZCatGirl wrote: Wed May 29, 2024 9:09 pm Trolling Ang's countdown should be a banable offense by itself.
Damn skippy
-JB
TheCat

Post by TheCat »

Ghost wrote: Wed May 29, 2024 11:27 am

The guy who called out Fisch from day one while the media hung onto his nuts. 🤣 The guy who warned Arizona fans of Fisch, Heeke, and Robbins while the media swung from their nuts like Tarzan? The program cancers have always been the local media guys who get paid to tell you what you want to hear and not warn you of used car salesmen and Snake Oil Salesmen. That dude is on Twitter still owning fools while yall are still obsessed with him on this board that no one goes to.
I think you are talking about Chief aren't you Ghost? Better work on the identity thing a little more. First of all a lot of people were skeptical of Jedd when he got here. If you don't believe it look at the thread when he was hired. Folks were flexible enough to change their minds as they saw results. I don't think many saw him as being a man that sticks in one place.
UAdevil

Post by UAdevil »

Shit, I've owned the domain firejeddfisch.com since the day he was hired here. Lol
Love the 've! Stop with the: Would of - Could of - Should of - Must of - Might of
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

UAdevil wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2024 9:19 am Shit, I've owned the domain firejeddfisch.com since the day he was hired here. Lol
You'll be able to sell to a Husky fan in about 6 months.
-JB
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

UAdevil wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2024 9:19 am Shit, I've owned the domain firejeddfisch.com since the day he was hired here. Lol
I imagine UDub fans will be wanting to buy it after this season.
Ghost

Post by Ghost »

TheCat wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2024 5:51 am
Ghost wrote: Wed May 29, 2024 11:27 am

I think you are talking about Chief aren't you Ghost? Better work on the identity thing a little more. First of all a lot of people were skeptical of Jedd when he got here. If you don't believe it look at the thread when he was hired. Folks were flexible enough to change their minds as they saw results. I don't think many saw him as being a man that sticks in one place.
I’m not allowed to answer that. A lot of people were not skeptical of Jedd. They bout into the DJ, footballs dropping from helicopters, and water guns at the spring game pretty quickly. Jedd conned so many people. That’s why there are still some people commenting on him. They got duped.
TheCat

Post by TheCat »

There is nothing wrong with putting butts in the stands. Dropping footballs from helicopters, water guns, turnover sword, were all fine because it got folks engaged and the program publicity. Certainly the players appeared to like it, the former players were recognized and became more involved with the program there is no downside there. As far as people on this site welcoming him, as you imply, as a savior is not support by any fact and is disputed by simply pulling up the thread.

I'm not sure if you are simply trying to get recognized as a soothsayer that saw what everyone else missed if so you got it. Is that the point? I told you so.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

I don't even have to go back and look. I know exactly what I said since I keep saying it. No fired coaches, and no assistant coaches that have never been head coaches.

Stoops will never become a head coach again at the college level, and neither will Mackovic, Sumlin or RichRod.

Stick with a model that works for Arizona. Hire a successful head coach from a smaller program. Worked for football and basketball.

Tommy Lloyd excepted of course but he certainly could have become a head coach earlier.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

What a nice week that was.
-JB
Fishclamps

Post by Fishclamps »

Lol he makes it sound like the masses were clamoring for DJ Scooter. No one could stand that fuckin guy.

As far as all the gimmicks it doesn't matter about Jedd being a snake oil salesman, plenty of them were still good ideas to get the fan base involved.
Ghost

Post by Ghost »

TheCat wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2024 1:26 pm There is nothing wrong with putting butts in the stands. Dropping footballs from helicopters, water guns, turnover sword, were all fine because it got folks engaged and the program publicity. Certainly the players appeared to like it, the former players were recognized and became more involved with the program there is no downside there. As far as people on this site welcoming him, as you imply, as a savior is not support by any fact and is disputed by simply pulling up the thread.

I'm not sure if you are simply trying to get recognized as a soothsayer that saw what everyone else missed if so you got it. Is that the point? I told you so.
He didn’t put butts in the stands. He lost to NAU. It engaged nothing. Soothsayer? I’m just a new poster. Robbins made a bad hire, effed the school financially and then fired Bozo Heeke for it. The media told us how awesome Robbins, Heeke, and Jedd were. If yall were the soothsayers, why are you posting links from media guys who were wrong? Isn’t that trolling? It’s super weird.
Ghost

Post by Ghost »

Merkin wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2024 1:30 pm I don't even have to go back and look. I know exactly what I said since I keep saying it. No fired coaches, and no assistant coaches that have never been head coaches.

Stoops will never become a head coach again at the college level, and neither will Mackovic, Sumlin or RichRod.

Stick with a model that works for Arizona. Hire a successful head coach from a smaller program. Worked for football and basketball.

Tommy Lloyd excepted of course but he certainly could have become a head coach earlier.
We all said that, right? Well, maybe not our local media but everyone on this board, right? No model has actually worked in football. It has all failed. Who really failed was Robbins. Mr football know it all that screwed the pooch and blamed everyone else. He stole the student’s lunch money.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

You are everything that is bad in this world. Not one positive statement. The bad hire restored some respect to our program but let’s ignore that
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion