Venting Thread

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Phylek

Re: Venting Thread

Post by Phylek »

Alieberman wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 11:24 am Thanks for all the horror story guys!

My pain while in the ER was the most painful thing I've ever experienced.... and I'm not nearly at the worst part. I'm kind of freaked out. I've been relatively pain free over the last 24 hours.... so I'm just playing the waiting game here. And no one seems to know exactly how long it will take to pass.
The worst of the pain, by far and it's not even close, is when the stone is passing from kidney to bladder. If that pain has subsided you may be done.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

Phylek wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 1:28 pm
Alieberman wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 11:24 am Thanks for all the horror story guys!

My pain while in the ER was the most painful thing I've ever experienced.... and I'm not nearly at the worst part. I'm kind of freaked out. I've been relatively pain free over the last 24 hours.... so I'm just playing the waiting game here. And no one seems to know exactly how long it will take to pass.
The worst of the pain, by far and it's not even close, is when the stone is passing from kidney to bladder. If that pain has subsided you may be done.
That's worse then actually passing it?

I was told that my stone hadn't reached my bladder yet while in the ER. Dr said I will have 2 more waves of pain- getting into the bladder... and the passing. I think I still have 2 more waves of pain from what I understand.
Phylek

Post by Phylek »

Alieberman wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 1:35 pm
Phylek wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 1:28 pm

That's worse then actually passing it?

I was told that my stone hadn't reached my bladder yet while in the ER. Dr said I will have 2 more waves of pain- getting into the bladder... and the passing. I think I still have 2 more waves of pain from what I understand.
If you've gone 24 hours without pain you've probably passed it. Passing a stone is moving it from the kidney to the bladder, through the ureter. That's the smallest part of the plumbing it'll go through. After that it should be clear sailing. If you passed the part of the pain where it feels like waves of being kicked in the groin it's probably over.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

I really really hope you are right
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Huck the Fuskies
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Relevant
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

Ha!
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

First day back to work after being off for the holidays and I already need a vacation.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

Same. Dragging
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

CalStateTempe wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 1:34 pm
Merkin wrote:
CalStateTempe wrote:Edit:

Legal in sac county, not city, as of 2016.
That really sucks. But it does look like you need God's Quarter Acre though to have them. But I doubt they are on a small lot.

https://animalcare.saccounty.net/Animal ... ounty.aspx" target="_blank

Can I keep chickens or roosters on my residential zoned property for personal use or consumption?

Generally speaking, chickens/roosters 1, ducks, and geese can be kept on your residential property if your lot size is a minimum 10,000 square feet 2 in area. However, depending on your specific zone designation and property size, restrictions do apply.
I gotta figure out this rooster problem...
If you have roosters in your yard in your suburban residential neighborhood 20min from downtown, you are an asshole.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

NOT A VENT-

I finally passed my mother fucking kidney stone!!!!!!!!!
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

Winning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

Huzzah!
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Have you thought about the fact that the kidney stone was tired of your shit and left you?

Let me know if you need to talk....
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Hell yeah!!!! Congrats!!
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

Chicat wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:13 am Have you thought about the fact that the kidney stone was tired of your shit and left you?

Let me know if you need to talk....
Kidney Stone to Ari "It's not you, it's me"
Frybry02

Post by Frybry02 »

Screw you, Randy Rainbow! I have been walking around for 3 days now singing Sedition no matter what I am doing. Take the dog for a walk...SEDITION!!
Pushing my son on the swing...SEDITION!!
Working the grill...SEDITION!
Cleaning the pool...SEDITION!
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

Just had to go to a covid infested urgent care to confirm that I have a terrible ear infection and ruptured ear drum only to find out that the ear drops that were prescribed to help make it better cost $300 even with insurance
MountainCat

Post by MountainCat »

Does anyone have Bobby Hurley's email? I was going to let him know he can come to this thread and let it all out before Monday.
No Bandwagon Here! Always a Cat!
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

scumdevils86 wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:15 am Just had to go to a covid infested urgent care to confirm that I have a terrible ear infection and ruptured ear drum only to find out that the ear drops that were prescribed to help make it better cost $300 even with insurance
This is the worst pain I've ever experienced as an adult. Can't sleep or do anything from the blinding pain and swelling and pressure.
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

I'm grateful I didn't have an ear infection when my wife woke me up at 5 this AM to the sound of fire alarms in the common area of our condo building. Met the whole Sedona fire department team. Nice guys. A week ago we had a runaway air pressure pump engine for the sprinkler system. All the folks on the condo board are out-of-town as usual so I got ahold of the system monitoring guy and shut the air pump off and called the management company. They proceeded to accomplish nothing for a week until the water system vented all over the pump room floor and set off alarms.

As Greg said: how was your morning?
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

scumdevils86 wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 12:50 pm
scumdevils86 wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:15 am Just had to go to a covid infested urgent care to confirm that I have a terrible ear infection and ruptured ear drum only to find out that the ear drops that were prescribed to help make it better cost $300 even with insurance
This is the worst pain I've ever experienced as an adult. Can't sleep or do anything from the blinding pain and swelling and pressure.
Did they just put you on antibiotics? No anti-inflammatories?
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

There's some steroids in the ear drops but they make my ear sting and burn for about 2 hours after I use them. I'm not in excruciating pain this morning but still horribly deaf and uncomfortable.
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

Alieberman wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:24 am NOT A VENT-

I finally passed my mother fucking kidney stone!!!!!!!!!
Don't know how I missed this post...but...congrats man!

and may you never suffer from another kidnesy stone again
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

scumdevils86 wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 12:50 pm
Damn, sorry to hear about this. I've been lucky with my ears, but I've known 2 people who had similar ear issues to what you're describing.

I hope your hearing goes back to normal after this shitty experience is over.
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

azgreg

Post by azgreg »

That sucks SD. Hope you get over it soon.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

There is vegan butter in my fridge.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

azgreg wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 2:08 pm There is vegan butter in my fridge.
Oxymoron
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

I just threw mine out a couple weeks ago after looking at it for quite some time.

Hard to beat the real butter from Costco.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

Kerrygold all the way for me
Frybry02

Post by Frybry02 »

My son has a dairy allergy so we have a bunch. Also, I’m pretty sure I am developing a dairy intolerance from the lack of dairy now in my diet.
TheCatInTheHat

Post by TheCatInTheHat »

OK...this isn't meant to be political, because I don't care who's in charge in Tucson or Pima County; there's a structural problem for anybody. So the public is generally fed up with the endless potholes and cracks being "fixed" by slathering asphalt on them to create bumps, and which wash away during the next strong rain. Somebody in local government had a quote recently about "doubling the road repair budget" to address people's concerns, and when that was questioned, saying it was just "a drop in the bucket" of the overall budget. Well, the problem is you have to have a sustaining budget to maintain critical infrastructure in proper working order. My analogy is a carney operator who has a budget to buy new rides, and a budget to repair rides when they fall apart (and when people get hurt or die), but no budget to guarantee that they're all maintained in proper and safe condition. People can point fingers at circumstances or blame somebody else for budget woes all they want to, but that doesn't address the issue. If you have to cut some unnecessary stuff or add a buck to a gallon of gas like in California, so be it. I guess another alternative is to incorporate into smaller communities who are willing to pay for it, like Oro Valley (except for some stretches of Oracle.) Whatever, but I'm a little tired of seeing nice cars prematurely develop rattles, having to re-route to avoid bad roads, and learning a swerving driving technique to avoid all the bumps that you memorize. I just think if anybody is publicly patting themselves on the back for the accomplishment of putting slightly bigger band-aids on burst arteries, it's either naive or insincere.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Yeah the roads are one of the only things I don't like about living in Tucson. Pretty much every one that isn't in the Foothills is an abject disaster that never actually gets properly repaired or resealed. Just endless patch jobs.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

cpt wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:52 pm Gender reveal parties are the latest abomination. Most moronic, narcissistic shit ever. Like having a coin-flipping party and betting on heads or tails. Tails? Tails? You're shitting me! What are the odds??? 50/50 dip shit.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

I seriously do not understand the point of gender reveal shit. We just told people that we wanted to know like normal humans.
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

scumdevils86 wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 1:26 pm I seriously do not understand the point of gender reveal shit. We just told people that we wanted to know like normal humans.
My daughter had a very basic one. We were living in AZ so we watched on zoom(pre-pandemic). They had a cake and and when the inside was blue we knew it was a boy. It was fun and an easy way to tell people all the world what she was having. Lasted 5 minutes total
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

84Cat wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 1:30 pm
scumdevils86 wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 1:26 pm I seriously do not understand the point of gender reveal shit. We just told people that we wanted to know like normal humans.
My daughter had a very basic one. We were living in AZ so we watched on zoom(pre-pandemic). They had a cake and and when the inside was blue we knew it was a boy. It was fun and an easy way to tell people all the world what she was having. Lasted 5 minutes total
If no one left injured, it doesn't count.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

The cake didn’t have a landmine in it?

Amateurs...
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

This lingering ear infection is driving me insane. Been like 19 days so far and the last 24 hours have mainly constituted of me dabbing up gushing drainage from my ear. Disgusting and annoying. And I'm still mostly deaf in my left ear.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Sexy
Frybry02

Post by Frybry02 »

Appliance part warranties are a joke. Our 4 year old washer began making there insanely loud screeching sound Saturday. I diagnosed the issue to be a faulty plastic motor pulley. I was able to remove the pulley with y fingers from the motor drive shaft. I contact Maytag because I cannot just find a replacement motor pulley. They explained the entire motor will be replaced. Cool, the motor is covered under their 10 year limited parts warranty. Now the catch. I will have to call a certified technician to come and diagnosis the issue. Only certified technicians can submit the cost for replacement and I am responsible for the service charge. So It will cost me more to have a technician come out diagnose and install the motor than for me to purchase a new motor and install the new motor myself.
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

We went house shopping yesterday. The house has 3 offers and the realtor told us the house is selling for $100,000 more than a year ago. We were there about 30 minutes and probably 20+ couples came through looking at the house. And here is one of the reasons:
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Arizona Idaho and Utah leading the way. With people working from home and the pandemic and housing being so expensive in California, people are currently flooding to places like Tucson, Salt Lake and Boise.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

It's easier to boil frogs than to force feed them.

~ Wilhoit's Law
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

Looking at a house in Boise listed for $788,000. It listed in 2016 for $289,000. Crazy and they will probably get over $800,000 in the end
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

A cat took a stanley steamer on our bed.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

A cat? Like some random cat?

Or YOUR cat?
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Chicat wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 6:14 pm A cat? Like some random cat?

Or YOUR cat?
Wife's fucking cat. One of three. I don't know which one so for now I'm considering it a team job.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

First they shit on your bed. Then they trip you going down the stairs and kill you or suck the breath from your body as you sleep. I’ve seen it a million times and that’s why I don’t fuck with cats.