Kerr Kriisa

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

dirtbags

Re: Kerr Kriisa

Post by dirtbags »

contusion is the best news for kriisa's injury. get him on the TENS!
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Not a doctor, but probably a good sign he is carrying his backpack and man purse on his right shoulder.

dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

No bucket hat. Ooooh that's a bad sign ........
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

You guys need to get a life…

:lol:
RondaeShimmy

Post by RondaeShimmy »

I can't do it anymore
KaibabKat

Post by KaibabKat »

Here are Kerr Kriisa's overall NCAA Tournament stats:
3 games - 2 starts in 3 years at Arizona
82 minutes played
0-0 inside the arc
0-0 free throws
3-24 from 3 point range = 12.5%
9 total points = 3 ppg
4 assists
8 turnovers
0.5 A/TO
9 personal fouls
0 steals
0 blocks
7 rebounds
-9 Player Efficiency Rating

There are no asterisks.

There are those who will immediately defend those performances by pointing out that the poor guy was playing injured. That reasoning begs the question: If so, what on earth is wrong with the thinking of those responsible for continuing to play him under such dire circumstances although healthier and obviously better qualified players were available?

It is not sour grapes, Krissa hating, or being a bad fan, to ask a very obvious question.
CardiacCats97

Post by CardiacCats97 »

Last year he had to play. This year we had Boswell, so there’s really no excuse.
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

KaibabKat wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 12:43 pm Here are Kerr Kriisa's overall NCAA Tournament stats:
82 minutes played
0-0 inside the arc
0-0 free throws
9 total points = 3 ppg
4 assists
8 turnovers
0.5 A/TO
9 personal fouls
0 steals
0 blocks
7 rebounds

There are no asterisks.

There are those who will immediately defend those performances by pointing out that the poor guy was playing injured. That reasoning begs the question: If so, what on earth is wrong with the thinking of those responsible for continuing to play him under such dire circumstances although healthier and obviously better qualified players were available?

It is not sour grapes, Krissa hating, or being a bad fan, to ask a very obvious question.
These stats are pretty dismaying. What's worse to me, though, is that I don't see him really improving, not in a way that impacts the team's success. He led the Pac in assists and deserves credit for that. Imagine if he had Koloko and Mathurin to pass to this year. But he's not good enough to be starting PG for a team that expects to get far in the NCAA tournament. He just isn't.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

CardiacCats97 wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 1:01 pm Last year he had to play. This year we had Boswell, so there’s really no excuse.

That was really a head scratcher having Boswell on the bench the last 5 minutes, especially with Ramey and Henderson also having a bad game.

And like has been said constantly, having 7 rotation players leads to a lot of minutes and tired legs, along with propensity for injuries.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

KaibabKat wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 12:43 pm Here are Kerr Kriisa's overall NCAA Tournament stats:
82 minutes played
0-0 inside the arc
0-0 free throws
9 total points = 3 ppg
4 assists
8 turnovers
0.5 A/TO
9 personal fouls
0 steals
0 blocks
7 rebounds

There are no asterisks.

Is that good?

AztoCa

Post by AztoCa »

It's easy not to play well when your names is Kerr "It's Just a game" Kriisa

or if you happened to be called Kerr "They wanted it more than us" Kriisa
may the Bear Be Down! :D
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Didn't Kriisa throw the other members of the team under the bus in his post game interview for not having enough effort?

I went to the Stanford game in Palo Alto, and went out on the floor after the game. All the players on both teams had a sheet of paper. I picked one up to see what it was. It was the stats for both teams. No idea how they got them printed so fast.

In any event, even if you didn't know your own stats, you certainly did after the game. Kriisa had to know how shitty he played.

Pundits are now thinking like some of us.
arizonawildcats

Post by arizonawildcats »

Boswell isn't ready to run the offense. He has a long way to go.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

Merkin wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 2:58 pm Didn't Kriisa throw the other members of the team under the bus in his post game interview for not having enough effort?

I went to the Stanford game in Palo Alto, and went out on the floor after the game. All the players on both teams had a sheet of paper. I picked one up to see what it was. It was the stats for both teams. No idea how they got them printed so fast.

In any event, even if you didn't know your own stats, you certainly did after the game. Kriisa had to know how shitty he played.

Pundits are now thinking like some of us.
"pundit"????

Luke is a shit stain on Arizona and does the entire fanbase and athletic department a huge disservice with his bullshit
2018 Bear Down Wildcats Conference Championship Challenge Champion
TucsonCat

Post by TucsonCat »

arizonawildcats wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 3:53 pm Boswell isn't ready to run the offense. He has a long way to go.
This. Boswell is good, and is going to get a lot better, but everyone is projecting Kerr’s weaknesses into the freshman’s strengths. Go back and look at Boswell’s last few minutes on the floor. He took a quick, ill-advised 3-pointer, that he missed badly; turned the ball over on an easy entry pass to Tubelis; and worst of all, there was a loose ball that was within easy reach if he dove on the floor, that he lackadaisically allowed a Princeton player to grab, leading to a critical basket during the midst of the run that put them up for good. He hasn’t matured quite enough to run the team yet. By next year, maybe, but he wasn’t ready yesterday.

Boswell is a hell of a shooter, and is a pest on defense, but he is still a little too nonchalant with his passes to be able to effectively run the team, especially in crunch time. Kerr is extremely limited, but he was still the best option yesterday, despite his injured shoulder. Which is why CTL had him on the floor at the end if the game. I trust the basketball knowledge of the man who has won more basketball games in his first two years as an head coach over everyone on this board. No offense.
KillerKlown

Post by KillerKlown »

Luke is one of the greater more level headed pundits, as with Scheer, but I think the chances of that happening are near zero. Especially with no one else coming in to fill his role as of now and with so much time already invested in him. Hopefully someone comes around good enough this off season to put Kerr in that supporting/bench role. I wouldn't mind giving Bos the keys to next season. As of now Arizona Basketball is in rebuild mode imo.
Mike Luke's burner account.
OSUCat

Post by OSUCat »

TucsonCat wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 8:20 pm
arizonawildcats wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 3:53 pm Boswell isn't ready to run the offense. He has a long way to go.
This. Boswell is good, and is going to get a lot better, but everyone is projecting Kerr’s weaknesses into the freshman’s strengths. Go back and look at Boswell’s last few minutes on the floor. He took a quick, ill-advised 3-pointer, that he missed badly; turned the ball over on an easy entry pass to Tubelis; and worst of all, there was a loose ball that was within easy reach if he dove on the floor, that he lackadaisically allowed a Princeton player to grab, leading to a critical basket during the midst of the run that put them up for good. He hasn’t matured quite enough to run the team yet. By next year, maybe, but he wasn’t ready yesterday.
What are you comparing Boswell too in this instance? Because I’m not sure Krissa did anything better those last five minutes. I believe Krissa had two turnovers, no points, no assists, and no defense. Similar stats to all his tournament games. Would I had started Boswell? No. But I sure would had him on the floor the last 5 minutes, because he was the only guard doing something. He would at least play defense.
Formerly Lynx Rufus.
CardiacCats97

Post by CardiacCats97 »

I trust the basketball knowledge of the man who has won more basketball games in his first two years as an head coach over everyone on this board. No offense.
Ok, but you could say that about the worst coach in college basketball too. If a guy goes 1-58 over two years he’s also got more wins than anyone on this board. You think that dude’s decisions can’t be questioned either?
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

He needs to work with Miles Simon over the summer and work on a little floater in the lane. But Jesus he misses so many open 3's which is supposed to be his strong suit.

But to be fair he was also playing with a bum shoulder, which didn't help, but when I see some of these tough-as-naisl PG's during this tournament I do wish we had that type of player. Not saying Kriisa isn't a tough kid, he just doesn't produce the results we've come to expect from that position.
TucsonCat

Post by TucsonCat »

OSUCat wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 11:41 pm
What are you comparing Boswell too in this instance? Because I’m not sure Krissa did anything better those last five minutes. I believe Krissa had two turnovers, no points, no assists, and no defense. Similar stats to all his tournament games. Would I had started Boswell? No. But I sure would had him on the floor the last 5 minutes, because he was the only guard doing something. He would at least play defense.
I’m not comparing Boswell to anyone. He is a very good, young, player. I’m simply saying that there is a reason that CTL chose to have Krissa in the game at that time. And I highly doubt it’s due to loyalty. This is a coach with an experienced eye for when a player is adding to the game plan, or is failing to hit certain benchmarks. He made the choice to stick with Krissa, despite his limitations, and his injury, because of what he saw out there on the court.

We are fans. We don’t look at the game with the same eyes. We see a few silky jumpers, and a defender jumping around being disruptive, etc. But we miss the little things that often contribute to the win, or loss, because we simply aren’t trained for it. If you’ve ever watched guys play in Rucker Park, you would wonder why the hell those guys aren’t playing in the NBA, over guys like T.J. McConnnell (hallowed be his name). There are fundamental elements to the game that coaches see, and it’s what causes them to make the roster decisions they do. There is no way they turn a blind eye to them. Believe me, the wins and losses mean a hell of a lot more to them than they do to us.
TucsonCat

Post by TucsonCat »

CardiacCats97 wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 2:17 am
I trust the basketball knowledge of the man who has won more basketball games in his first two years as an head coach over everyone on this board. No offense.
Ok, but you could say that about the worst coach in college basketball too. If a guy goes 1-58 over two years he’s also got more wins than anyone on this board. You think that dude’s decisions can’t be questioned either?
Only issue with this comment is that I am not saying this about the worst coach in college basketball. I’m saying this about a coach with the winningest record in college basketball history over his first two years on the job. I think that record buys him a little cache, when it comes to his personnel decisions. More, this is a coach that lost essentially ALL of his athleticism to the NBA draft last year, and still won 28 games, and a second consecutive Pac12 Tournament Championship. Heck, he still hasn’t lost two games in a row, nor has he lost to the same opponent twice in a season. Is he perfect? Hell no! And, I believe he would be the first to tell you that. But even Coach K lost games in the first round to inferior competition. It happens. He will learn what he needs to (in year 2 of his tenure) and continue to improve his product.
pc in NM

Post by pc in NM »

TucsonCat wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 8:07 am
CardiacCats97 wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 2:17 am
Only issue with this comment is that I am not saying this about the worst coach in college basketball. I’m saying this about a coach with the winningest record in college basketball history over his first two years on the job. I think that record buys him a little cache, when it comes to his personnel decisions. More, this is a coach that lost essentially ALL of his athleticism to the NBA draft last year, and still won 28 games, and a second consecutive Pac12 Tournament Championship. Heck, he still hasn’t lost two games in a row, nor has he lost to the same opponent twice in a season. Is he perfect? Hell no! And, I believe he would be the first to tell you that. But even Coach K lost games in the first round to inferior competition. It happens. He will learn what he needs to (in year 2 of his tenure) and continue to improve his product.
Lute lost three games to teams seeded #13 or lower - tied for most ever!! Arizona fans wanted his head on a sliver platter (as late as after the final regular game in the 1996-97 season!

Purdue's Painter has lost three of those in the last three seasons!

I'm so fucking glad that Tommy Lloyd is Arizona's coach!!! Bear Down CTL!!!
“If you have the choice between humble and cocky, go with cocky. There's always time to be humble later, once you've been proven horrendously, irrevocably wrong.”

― Kinky Friedman
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

One thing to Lute’s credit was he realized he needed to change from the big lineup
To a more guard oriented team.

That Tucson skyline team with Othick and Muehlbach at guards was eerily similar to this years team.

Today’s basketball metrics tell you to eschew the mid range shot and either go downhill at the rim or shoot the three. Nate Oats has been doing this at Buffalo and Bama for years.

That gives red out offense that z Princeton ran gave us fits as our bigs couldn’t chase those guys out on the perimeter. When the refs are not calling the fouls low it neutralizes our advantages and it was check mate to the Tigers,

Lloyd I hope realizes our shortcomings and his comments about how things will be better in the future gives me home. It seems he has some good, athletic pieces coming in but we do need a few more wings for sure.

This one will sting for awhile but it’s the tournament. Glad I am not a Purdue fan today
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

I will run with Krissa every damn day
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

azcat49 wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 9:50 am One thing to Lute’s credit was he realized he needed to change from the big lineup
To a more guard oriented team.
Miller made the same mistake with Ristic and Tarczewski on the floor at the same time. Neither, especially Dusan, was quick enough to cover 3 point shooters.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Olson stayed with Mustafa too long. Miller stayed with Parker too long.

What are your guys thoughts on our two big lineup going forward? Bigs struggling defensively because of ISO ball and being force to guard the perimeter. Bigs struggling offensively because of double teams and physical pack the paint strategies.
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

Dave wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 1:38 pm Olson stayed with Mustafa too long. Miller stayed with Parker too long.

What are your guys thoughts on our two big lineup going forward? Bigs struggling defensively because of ISO ball and being force to guard the perimeter. Bigs struggling offensively because of double teams and physical pack the paint strategies.
An early lesson of this tourney: teams reliant on big men are vulnerable af. Last season's AZ team was always better than this year's because, ffs, we had two NBA guards on the team. Say what you want about Krrisa and Ramey and Larsson, but they never made up for what we lost in Mathurin in Terry. It's essential to have a couple guards who can create shots, draw fouls, score in traffic and take care of the ball. This season's guards always relied too much on 3 point shooting.

I love Ballo and Tubelis. They're both very good college players. They're not the problem. The problem is our backcourt, imo.
Dave

Post by Dave »

I also think it is also more of a backcourt problem, but there is reason the Tucson Skyline and the Ristic/Ayton lineup was a bust. The problem is defensive matchups.
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

Yes, we have all conference bigs. Backcourt/wings were spotty.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Dave wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 1:38 pm Olson stayed with Mustafa too long.
Didn't Lute promise Shakur he wouldn't offer another PG? Was the #2 PG in his class after Chris Paul.

Until Jamelle Horne came along Shakur set the UA record for most bonehead plays. How many unforced turnovers did he have stepping on the baseline? Tended to panic too, as evidenced in the Illini game.

Saying that, he did have 6.9 APG as a senior which hasn't been topped since. TJ had 6.3 APG as a senior. Mustafa also had a cup of coffee in the league, which is more than we can say for Jason Gardner who did tend to shoot the UA out of NCAA tourney games.
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

Merkin wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 2:50 pm
Dave wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 1:38 pm Olson stayed with Mustafa too long.
Didn't Lute promise Shakur he wouldn't offer another PG? Was the #2 PG in his class after Chris Paul.

Until Jamelle Horne came along Shakur set the UA record for most bonehead plays. How many unforced turnovers did he have stepping on the baseline? Tended to panic too, as evidenced in the Illini game.

Saying that, he did have 6.9 APG as a senior which hasn't been topped since. TJ had 6.3 APG as a senior. Mustafa also had a cup of coffee in the league, which is more than we can say for Jason Gardner who did tend to shoot the UA out of NCAA tourney games.
Remember how Nico Mannion was supposed to be the best PG we'd had for years? :lol:
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Nico is one of the biggest disappointments in UA basketball history.

Outside of TJ, been a long time since UA was Point Guard U. Even Lute knew how good TJ was during his redshirt season. He said the UA's best player isn't even playing.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

This thread is hilarious
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

PHXCATS wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 3:28 pm This thread is hilarious
I agree. People who think Kriisa is not a good PG or that Nico was anything short of spectacular at AZ really don't know what they're talking about. If we had just let Kriisa shoot more, we'd probably have beaten Princeton by a LOT. And man, if the tourney weren't cancelled in 2020, Nico probably would've averaged like 25 and 10 for the tourney, en route to MOP.
pc in NM

Post by pc in NM »

Hell yes!!!

IMNSHO, the PG position is Kerr’s to lose heading to next season. I also have no doubt that the competition for that starting role will be fair, and he could be replaced.

I would NOT bet on that, though!!!

I also don’t see CTL specifically recruiting over him through the portal.
“If you have the choice between humble and cocky, go with cocky. There's always time to be humble later, once you've been proven horrendously, irrevocably wrong.”

― Kinky Friedman
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

Beachcat97 wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 3:35 pm
I agree. People who think Kriisa is not a good PG or that Nico was anything short of spectacular at AZ really don't know what they're talking about. If we had just let Kriisa shoot more, we'd probably have beaten Princeton by a LOT. And man, if the tourney weren't cancelled in 2020, Nico probably would've averaged like 25 and 10 for the tourney, en route to MOP.
What are you doing about it besides bitching about it on a message board? Are you donating to the collectives more now to get a better PG in your eyes? To the athletic department?
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

PHXCATS wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 4:26 pm
What are you doing about it besides bitching about it on a message board? Are you donating to the collectives more now to get a better PG in your eyes? To the athletic department?
No. I'm only bitching about it on a message board. This strikes me as the most effective way to help AZ reach the FF.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

Figured
Carcassdragger

Post by Carcassdragger »

Dude. It's a discussion. One which I'm enjoying reading BTW. No reason to be a dick.
2020 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2018 BEARDOWN WILDCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
2017 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2013 GOAZCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

Carcassdragger wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 5:57 pm
Dude. It's a discussion. One which I'm enjoying reading BTW. No reason to be a dick.
Not to PHX. It's something very, very different.

More on topic, think I feel the same way about Kriisa that 97cats felt about PJC.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

Carcassdragger wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 5:57 pm
I asked a question. Is that wrong
HiCat

Post by HiCat »

Beachcat97 wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 1:43 pm
Dave wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 1:38 pm Olson stayed with Mustafa too long. Miller stayed with Parker too long.

An early lesson of this tourney: teams reliant on big men are vulnerable af. Last season's AZ team was always better than this year's because, ffs, we had two NBA guards on the team. Say what you want about Krrisa and Ramey and Larsson, but they never made up for what we lost in Mathurin in Terry. It's essential to have a couple guards who can create shots, draw fouls, score in traffic and take care of the ball. This season's guards always relied too much on 3 point shooting.

I love Ballo and Tubelis. They're both very good college players. They're not the problem. The problem is our backcourt, imo.
Ditto. The numbers in the Princeton game highlights this. The guards needed
to step up and shoot or get to the hoop when the bigs got in trouble. Hindsight
is 20/20. That adjustment is on the coach perhaps?

3 points, 2 assists Kerr, 8 pts, 3 acts. Ramey, 5 pts. 1 ast. Boz.

Boswell only played 13 mins..gets a pass (my view)

https://www.google.com/search?client=sa ... z;tb2;fp;1;;;

note:
Henderson 2 pts 4 Rebs and Larson 2 pts, 5 Rebs didn't play well either.
Siempre Verde

Post by Siempre Verde »

I know KK is not the best PG in the world, but no matter how well or unwell he was playing I admired his fire. I really believe the Pac 12 refs can shoulder a lot of the blame for this. I’m not saying he should always be chirping, but our refs smacked him on the nose so often with a newspaper that he appeared to lose his intensity. In the Princeton game, the commentators were commending the Tiger player who talked constantly and that you need one of those kind of guys on your team. I’m not saying that’s the reason we sucked and lost that game, but I want the “big balls” Kerr back now and again next year.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Kriisa is not going to get a 50/50 call in the PAC to go his way. Just pissed me off he gets on their shit list and can't get off.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

Siempre Verde wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 5:44 pm I know KK is not the best PG in the world, but no matter how well or unwell he was playing I admired his fire. I really believe the Pac 12 refs can shoulder a lot of the blame for this. I’m not saying he should always be chirping, but our refs smacked him on the nose so often with a newspaper that he appeared to lose his intensity. In the Princeton game, the commentators were commending the Tiger player who talked constantly and that you need one of those kind of guys on your team. I’m not saying that’s the reason we sucked and lost that game, but I want the “big balls” Kerr back now and again next year.
It sucks Kerr has been hurt for the tournament every year

All thse casuals hating on Kerr sucks. Give me Kerr and his passion and fire every damn day. Look how much his teammates love him. Means way more than casuals on the internet and dumb ass "pundits"
HiCat

Post by HiCat »

Merkin wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 1:19 pm
CardiacCats97 wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 1:01 pm Last year he had to play. This year we had Boswell, so there’s really no excuse.

That was really a head scratcher having Boswell on the bench the last 5 minutes, especially with Ramey and Henderson also having a bad game.

And like has been said constantly, having 7 rotation players leads to a lot of minutes and tired legs, along with propensity for injuries.

Yes, 7 man rotation might not be enough for dancing in March. With injuries to 2 starters the options were
limited. Not sure, but I wonder if Coach is rethinking this?
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

Bal not making the progression everyone thought also impacted the rotation. Who didn't think from his performance in big games last year that Bal wasn't going to be in the mix?

Anyway, it's in the past. I'm sure CTL is already thinking about what he needs for next year.
pc in NM

Post by pc in NM »

HiCat wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 6:06 am
Merkin wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 1:19 pm

Yes, 7 man rotation might not be enough for dancing in March. With injuries to 2 starters the options were
limited. Not sure, but I wonder if Coach is rethinking this?
Those players have been developing all season - and, typically, the biggest gain is from frosh to soph year - I'm confident they all have specific training plans and goals for the off-season!

― Kinky Friedman
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

Mike Luke needs to shut up. Kerr is good and Luke is awful and an embarrassment to Arizona

Get your bullshit out of here. You are a disgrace to Arizona Luke.

Kerr and Boswell should both start next year and Arizona will be damn good if that is the case
KillerKlown

Post by KillerKlown »

PHXCATS wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 11:57 pm Mike Luke needs to shut up. Kerr is good and Luke is awful and an embarrassment to Arizona

Get your bullshit out of here. You are a disgrace to Arizona Luke.

Kerr and Boswell should both start next year and Arizona will be damn good if that is the case
Why are you still posting? Didn't you say you were going to be busy driving a school bus down to Florida or something?
Mike Luke's burner account.