Let's talk '23

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

RawleArenas

Re: Let's talk '23

Post by RawleArenas »

Merkin wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 10:38 am Veesaar will be a stretch 4 then to replace Zu? Although Zu is not tearing it up at the combine as we expected he wouldn't.

4 7 footers without a wing scorer won't make for a deep run, but still have some time to see who else Lloyd can get.
84Cat wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 9:20 am It will be interesting to see if he can block shots in D1 like he is here

No doubt he is a great get, and it's really hard to tell from highlight videos against poor competition in high school gyms, but doesn't seem like a rim protector just from his stats, only 1.3 BPG.

https://www.proballers.com/basketball/p ... jus-krivas
I just finished listening to Jody Oehler on Mike Luke's show and he made a point that has been repeated often on this forum, essentially if Sean Miller was Lloyd's chief recruiter UofA basketball would be unstoppable. It's hard to argue against that point when you consider how Lloyd's recruiting has evolved since he's been here. I don't look at his international recruiting as a strength per se, mainly because I get the feeling that it's a crutch, not an asset, not to mention that Miller did a better job at it the one year he focused on overseas players. That recruiting cycle he brought in had three NBA players, including two All Americans. There was no other school in the country that could boast a class like that.

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate Carter Bryant, Jamari Phillips and KJ Lewis. Those guys are all Arizona good players that most coaches would love to have on their teams. But when you consider the fact that before Lloyd we had only a few European players give us significant minutes on the floor and they all were success stories, it leaves the average fan asking the question 'where's the beef?' Lauri and Azuolas were All Americans and Dusan was a solid finesse big (ready on day one) who gave us quality minutes.

I hope that Krivas proves me wrong and he turns out to be some kind of poor man's Joker. But the results so far on his Euro guys haven't been so promising. Veesaar was rated pretty much in the same range as Lauri and he was simply not ready for the level of competition he faced. Same with Dylan Anderson, who was Arizona's Gatorade player of the year in high school. I'm simply not sold on Lloyd's evaluation skills yet, and for good reason. As of right now, I'm taking a wait and see approach.

Mike and Jody made a point I kinda disagree with. They repeated Doug Gottlieb's statement that there are no pros in the transfer portal. There are, it's just not common. For starters, we had TJ. Gonzaga had Brandon Clarke, and UNC had Cameron Johnson. Not to mention Ware from Oregon will get drafted as well. I just don't have the confidence like I would with Jedd Fisch that Lloyd would be able to close given the opportunity to recruit a pro player in the portal. When you see Fisch operate in the media and with players you can see why recruits are flocking to Tucson. He has an 'it' factor that's helping him in way that other coaches simply don't have. I'm not joking when I say this, I would feel more confident if Lloyd took Fisch along with him on his recruiting visits to see how its done. I think it's clear that Lloyd can field a decent team and coach them up, but I'm not sure if he takes recruiting seriously enough. If I'm him, I'm getting one or two staff members who will spend every waking hour promoting UofA basktball from Seattle to Tokyo. It's the only thing in my mind that will keep him relevant in the long term.
AzCatFan2

Post by AzCatFan2 »

All our Euros were success stories before Lloyd? You including Kyryl Natyazko and Robertas Javorkas?

Personally, I think we have been spoiled with Tommy's early success. He took over a bubble team that was facing potential sanctions. Many of the returning stars had one foot out the door. And all he's done is win over 60 games in two years. Way far ahead of schedule. A big part of this was due to Tommy's ability to keep the core of players from leaving Miller's last team.

The reality is, Tommy is in his third year of running his own program. There is supposed to be a learning curve, and it's possible that Tommy can and did great with Miller's players, but will struggle to reach that level with his own? Wouldn't be the first coach who was left a full cupboard, started hot, and then faded. But I don't see this happening.

Tommy is following the model that made Gonzaga successful. And a lot of that is recruiting Euros that aren't one-and-done types, but develop into potential NBA talent. Sprinkle this in with some top prep talent and transfers, and this is the roster Few and Tommy built at Gonzaga for years. Same blue print Tommy seems to be using at Arizona.
IndianaZonaFan

Post by IndianaZonaFan »

Any of our upcoming (hopeful) additions, including Krivas starter worthy?

My hopes:
Keshad to Kentucky and we get Kaluma.

Starters:
Bradley
Boswell
Pelle
Kaluma
Ballo

Bench:
Krivas
Veesaar
Lewis
Anderson
Borovicanin
Other Mystery Euro (Please tell me he’s a wing or guard or at least a capable shooter for a 4)
TheCat

Post by TheCat »

RawleArenas wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 3:21 pm
Merkin wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 10:38 am Veesaar will be a stretch 4 then to replace Zu? Although Zu is not tearing it up at the combine as we expected he wouldn't.

4 7 footers without a wing scorer won't make for a deep run, but still have some time to see who else Lloyd can get.
84Cat wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 9:20 am It will be interesting to see if he can block shots in D1 like he is here

No doubt he is a great get, and it's really hard to tell from highlight videos against poor competition in high school gyms, but doesn't seem like a rim protector just from his stats, only 1.3 BPG.

I just finished listening to Jody Oehler on Mike Luke's show and he made a point that has been repeated often on this forum, essentially if Sean Miller was Lloyd's chief recruiter UofA basketball would be unstoppable. It's hard to argue against that point when you consider how Lloyd's recruiting has evolved since he's been here. I don't look at his international recruiting as a strength per se, mainly because I get the feeling that it's a crutch, not an asset, not to mention that Miller did a better job at it the one year he focused on overseas players. That recruiting cycle he brought in had three NBA players, including two All Americans. There was no other school in the country that could boast a class like that.

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate Carter Bryant, Jamari Phillips and KJ Lewis. Those guys are all Arizona good players that most coaches would love to have on their teams. But when you consider the fact that before Lloyd we had only a few European players give us significant minutes on the floor and they all were success stories, it leaves the average fan asking the question 'where's the beef?' Lauri and Azuolas were All Americans and Dusan was a solid finesse big (ready on day one) who gave us quality minutes.

I hope that Krivas proves me wrong and he turns out to be some kind of poor man's Joker. But the results so far on his Euro guys haven't been so promising. Veesaar was rated pretty much in the same range as Lauri and he was simply not ready for the level of competition he faced. Same with Dylan Anderson, who was Arizona's Gatorade player of the year in high school. I'm simply not sold on Lloyd's evaluation skills yet, and for good reason. As of right now, I'm taking a wait and see approach.

Mike and Jody made a point I kinda disagree with. They repeated Doug Gottlieb's statement that there are no pros in the transfer portal. There are, it's just not common. For starters, we had TJ. Gonzaga had Brandon Clarke, and UNC had Cameron Johnson. Not to mention Ware from Oregon will get drafted as well. I just don't have the confidence like I would with Jedd Fisch that Lloyd would be able to close given the opportunity to recruit a pro player in the portal. When you see Fisch operate in the media and with players you can see why recruits are flocking to Tucson. He has an 'it' factor that's helping him in way that other coaches simply don't have. I'm not joking when I say this, I would feel more confident if Lloyd took Fisch along with him on his recruiting visits to see how its done. I think it's clear that Lloyd can field a decent team and coach them up, but I'm not sure if he takes recruiting seriously enough. If I'm him, I'm getting one or two staff members who will spend every waking hour promoting UofA basktball from Seattle to Tokyo. It's the only thing in my mind that will keep him relevant in the long term.
This must be a joke. I appreciate everything Jedd has done but remind me how many games has he won at Arizona? Who was the coach that lost to NAU? Jedd has won in his career about what Lloyd won in December. This versus the guy that has the most wins in NCAA history in two years, I guess you don't like Bam Bam either. Oh well maybe he will be good one day.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

pc in NM wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 12:05 pm
84Cat wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 12:03 pm Any more transfers? If you believe the twitter rumblings, it looks like Johnson to UK. How we looking with Kaluma?
I expect, if any of these guys are strongly considering the Cats, they're waiting to see what Zu does with the draft...
He’s not coming back. Arizona is telling all its recruits that he’s not coming back.
TheCat

Post by TheCat »

AzCatFan2 wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 3:49 pm All our Euros were success stories before Lloyd? You including Kyryl Natyazko and Robertas Javorkas?

Personally, I think we have been spoiled with Tommy's early success. He took over a bubble team that was facing potential sanctions. Many of the returning stars had one foot out the door. And all he's done is win over 60 games in two years. Way far ahead of schedule. A big part of this was due to Tommy's ability to keep the core of players from leaving Miller's last team.

The reality is, Tommy is in his third year of running his own program. There is supposed to be a learning curve, and it's possible that Tommy can and did great with Miller's players, but will struggle to reach that level with his own? Wouldn't be the first coach who was left a full cupboard, started hot, and then faded. But I don't see this happening.

Tommy is following the model that made Gonzaga successful. And a lot of that is recruiting Euros that aren't one-and-done types, but develop into potential NBA talent. Sprinkle this in with some top prep talent and transfers, and this is the roster Few and Tommy built at Gonzaga for years. Same blue print Tommy seems to be using at Arizona.
You can especially see that in our scheduling. Tommy is not afraid of taking some early losses to understand the weaknesses and strengths of his team.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Getting enough bodies now to at least scrimmage.
3.4 MPG in 16 games. Probably a decent rec center player.

https://www.maxpreps.com/fl/montverde/m ... 5tmcggnam6
ChooChooCat wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 7:12 pm He’s not coming back. Arizona is telling all its recruits that he’s not coming back.
Everything I have read on twitter, being gospel truth of course, says he is not coming back.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Let’s pull one more 7 footer. We could run a lineup of all 7 footers. ISO the guys that have the shortest players defending them.😀
RawleArenas

Post by RawleArenas »

TheCat wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 7:10 pm

This must be a joke. I appreciate everything Jedd has done but remind me how many games has he won at Arizona? Who was the coach that lost to NAU? Jedd has won in his career about what Lloyd won in December. This versus the guy that has the most wins in NCAA history in two years, I guess you don't like Bam Bam either. Oh well maybe he will be good one day.
As I recall, he wasn't the only coach that I mentioned in my post, and the other coach won quite a few games for us and had his new team in the top 20 for most of last season with someone else's guys. There's quite a few Wildcat faithful who believe that our level of athleticism is woeful. UofA usually has the best or near best athletes in the conference, or in the nation for that matter. It's rarely we get outclassed in that area. The Gonzaga Way is not a broad brush that works in all aspects. It's the reason why Gonzaga level players were losing in McKale to Wazzu and ASU.

This is not news, we've all talked about this.

We need a serious infusion of athleticism that's close to what we've had in the past. Again, this is not news. And let's be clear, Gonzaga historically was more than happy to get our sloppy thirds on the recruiting trail. They're not used to consistently getting Arizona level talent. That's why Zag fans were crying when they lost fringe five star athlete Brandon Williams when he recommitted to us several years ago. It's only over the last five years they started getting better talent.

And by the way, Fisch is checking all of the boxes in recruiting in a MAJOR way. All signs point up for a football program that doesn't have the cachet or the money of the big boy programs. That was generally the point I was making,

We all like Bam Bam. Slow, timid, unathletic Euros? Not so much.
Postmaster

Post by Postmaster »

Dave wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 8:49 pm Let’s pull one more 7 footer. We could run a lineup of all 7 footers. ISO the guys that have the shortest players defending them.😀
Is the guy from WSU still available?
TheCat

Post by TheCat »

RawleArenas wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 9:15 pm
TheCat wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 7:10 pm

As I recall, he wasn't the only coach that I mentioned in my post, and the other coach won quite a few games for us and had his new team in the top 20 for most of last season with someone else's guys. There's quite a few Wildcat faithful who believe that our level of athleticism is woeful. UofA usually has the best or near best athletes in the conference, or in the nation for that matter. It's rarely we get outclassed in that area. The Gonzaga Way is not a broad brush that works in all aspects. It's the reason why Gonzaga level players were losing in McKale to Wazzu and ASU.

This is not news, we've all talked about this.

We need a serious infusion of athleticism that's close to what we've had in the past. Again, this is not news. And let's be clear, Gonzaga historically was more than happy to get our sloppy thirds on the recruiting trail. They're not used to consistently getting Arizona level talent. That's why Zag fans were crying when they lost fringe five star athlete Brandon Williams when he recommitted to us several years ago. It's only over the last five years they started getting better talent.

And by the way, Fisch is checking all of the boxes in recruiting in a MAJOR way. All signs point up for a football program that doesn't have the cachet or the money of the big boy programs. That was generally the point I was making,

We all like Bam Bam. Slow, timid, unathletic Euros? Not so much.
Timid like leading the conference in points and rebounds? Let's not get any of those guys or the only guy that produced in the tourney. Yes I remember how slow ZU was that is why he out ran most of the big men in the conference for easy layups. Zags just started getting good athletes? Okay....then they must have better coaches then we have ever had because I seem to remember a double overtime game against us about 20+ years ago against I believe our last final four team. Gonzaga only plays one of the countries hardest out of conference schedules and regularly beat teams much tougher than WSU and ASU. Not to mention the poor talent that somehow makes it to the NBA.
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

https://www.azdesertswarm.com/basketbal ... jus-krivas
Last edited by dmjcat on Wed May 17, 2023 8:50 am, edited 2 times in total.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

https://www.si.com/nba/draft/newsfeed/i ... -potential

Murauskas' NBA profile starts with his positional size and his tools. Standing at 6-foot-8 and having long arms, Murauskas plays with the mobility, coordination and fluidity of a wing. His optimal size for the position allows him to create mismatches against opponents in his current league, as he’s too fluid with the ball in his hands for opposing big men, and too strong and physically imposing for opposing guards and wings.

While his on-ball game has yielded good results in the LKL, the NBA is a different beast and he might have trouble creating his own shot due to a lack of a quick first step and his overreliance on converting tough shots against contact. Murauskas tends to play for fouls at times when he drives to the basket, but he doesn’t get to the line nearly enough, with his free throw rate hovering around the 20% mark.

The good news is that Murauskas' off-ball game has developed incredibly well, as he projects to be one of the best international shooting prospects in next year’s draft if he continues his current pace. Murauskas is shooting 40.7% from 3-point range and has converted 14-of-15 free throws during the first two months of the 2022-23 season.

Murauskas shows a consistent and repeatable stroke, with a high release point which makes his jumpshots hard to contest. His best aspect as a shooter might be his preparation as Murauskas is incredibly quick and consistent to get into his stance. As a right-handed shooter, he angles his feet to the left of the rim, which allows him to square his strong side hip and shoulder to the basket.
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

Where does this leave us with Johnson or Kaluma? Do any of these guys squeeze them out?
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

84Cat wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 8:36 am Where does this leave us with Johnson or Kaluma? Do any of these guys squeeze them out?
No. Johnson or Kaluma would start.
gouacats

Post by gouacats »

When can I get my Eurozona t-shirt?
CardiacCats97

Post by CardiacCats97 »

I’m always amazed these guys know enough English to come in and do American college coursework.
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

CardiacCats97 wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 9:31 am I’m always amazed these guys know enough English to come in and do American college coursework.
If they didn't grasp any English at all they could go to ASU and still function above the 95th percentile.
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

CardiacCats97 wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 9:31 am I’m always amazed these guys know enough English to come in and do American college coursework.
The U.S. is one of the few large countries in the world not to promote multilingualism from a young age. In most of Europe, it's quite common to reach young adulthood speaking multiple languages fluently.
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

I think a lot them also have a pretty strong scholastic work ethic taught to them at an early age. That's half the battle.
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

Beachcat97 wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 9:42 am
The U.S. is one of the few large countries in the world not to promote multilingualism from a young age. In most of Europe, it's quite common to reach young adulthood speaking multiple languages fluently.
Well, when you have 4 or 5 different languages spoken within a small geography it's sort of necessary. But you are right, they do teach multiple languages at an early age.

In Europe, they often require Latin as it's the basis for English, Spanish and French.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

I was chatting with some guy in the checkout line at Walmart. He was visiting from Eastern Europe, think it was the Czech Republic. He was translating for his parents who didn't speak any English. He spoke better English than a lot of American born people.

He said they start learning English in the 3rd grade.

Where I live several elementary schools are now dual teaching in English and Spanish, not bilingual education, but actually teaching Spanish to all children.

Sure wish they did that when my kids were in school.
Last edited by Merkin on Wed May 17, 2023 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

ChooChooCat wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 9:00 am
84Cat wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 8:36 am Where does this leave us with Johnson or Kaluma? Do any of these guys squeeze them out?
So is it fair to say with the 2 new Euro's in, the only additional roster moves of significance for next year will be either Johnson and/or Kaluma?
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

One of my best friends from high school married a Lithuanian and she and all her family and friends speak fluent english.

Looking online, 80% of 15-19 year olds in 2011 can speak English

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Education_in_Lithuania
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

EastCoastCat wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 9:53 am
So is it fair to say with the 2 new Euro's in, the only additional roster moves of significance for next year will be either Johnson and/or Kaluma?
A transfer guard will be added as well, maybe even a wing, but that's more up in the air.
RondaeShimmy

Post by RondaeShimmy »

84Cat wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 9:55 am One of my best friends from high school married a Lithuanian and she and all her family and friends speak fluent english.

Looking online, 80% of 15-19 year olds in 2011 can speak English

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Education_in_Lithuania
Speaking multiple languages (especially English) is pretty standard and normal to outside of America (and maybe the UK too)
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

I imagine American media helps too with all the blockbuster movies that come out and are watched worldwide. No need for subtitles or dubbing if you already know English.

Saying that of course, I was watching 'The Banshees of Inisherin' and had to put subtitles on.
IndianaZonaFan

Post by IndianaZonaFan »

ChooChooCat wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 10:00 am
A transfer guard will be added as well, maybe even a wing, but that's more up in the air.
1. Johnson/Kaluma
2. Transfer guard
3. Wing

Wouldn’t we only have space for 2 of these to happen? Or would Tautvilas have to hit the road?
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

IndianaZonaFan wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 10:26 am
1. Johnson/Kaluma
2. Transfer guard
3. Wing

Wouldn’t we only have space for 2 of these to happen? Or would Tautvilas have to hit the road?
He wouldn't have to hit the road, just not be on scholarship. Either way the wing portion is up in the air.
IndianaZonaFan

Post by IndianaZonaFan »

Thanks Choo
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

Merkin wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 9:53 am
I was chatting with some guy in the checkout line at Walmart. He was visiting from Eastern Europe, think it was the Czech Republic. He was translating for his parents who didn't speak any English. He spoke better English than a lot of American born people.

He said they start learning English in the 3rd grade.

Where I live several elementary schools are now dual teaching in English and Spanish, not bilingual education, but actually teaching Spanish to all children.

Sure wish they did that when my kids were in school.
Monolingual cultures are going to fare increasingly poorer in the generations ahead. English is great and all, but ffs, do you know how effing competitive our kids would be hitting adulthood knowing three languages? It just opens many more work and business opportunities.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Dave wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 8:49 pm Let’s pull one more 7 footer. We could run a lineup of all 7 footers. ISO the guys that have the shortest players defending them.😀
7 foot packline D, but who's going to play point center?
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

ChooChooCat wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 10:31 am
IndianaZonaFan wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 10:26 am

1. Johnson/Kaluma
2. Transfer guard
3. Wing

He wouldn't have to hit the road, just not be on scholarship. Either way the wing portion is up in the air.
I want Kaluma. That guy makes us a Pac title contender next season, imo.
TheCat

Post by TheCat »

Found this about our newest recruit. Interesting especially about when covering Victor.

Looks tough- minded and to have a very competitive nature, wasn’t backing down despite playing against two- year older opponents and even at times seemed to be enjoying himself having physical scraps inside with bigger players. Needed to keep reminding myself he’s only 2004 as he was on par with the rest of the competition for the most part. Great body with impressive wingspan and an already good level of strength, showed some defensive versatility performing pretty well both inside and outside, done an especially good job on Victor Wembanyama, trying to make his life as difficult as possible, limiting his performance to 0 points when defending him.
OSUCat

Post by OSUCat »

azgreg wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 2:29 pm
Just go with a 1-3-1 zone.
Formerly Lynx Rufus.
arizonawildcats

Post by arizonawildcats »

Any names to keep an eye on?
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

azgreg wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 2:29 pm
#PacklineJustSayNo
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law
Postmaster

Post by Postmaster »

So is he a one and done guy?
IndianaZonaFan

Post by IndianaZonaFan »

Either of these Euro guys starting?
Krivas or Murauskas?
Or is it more likely:
Bradley
Boswell
Pelle
Johnson/Kaluma
Ballo
VegasCatFan

Post by VegasCatFan »

With Caleb Love decommitting from Michigan, is this the transfer guard Choo might have been talking about?
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

VegasCatFan wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 7:14 pm With Caleb Love decommitting from Michigan, is this the transfer guard Choo might have been talking about?
Zero chance. We can’t afford him.
VegasCatFan

Post by VegasCatFan »

Beachcat97 wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 9:56 pm
VegasCatFan wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 7:14 pm With Caleb Love decommitting from Michigan, is this the transfer guard Choo might have been talking about?
Zero chance. We can’t afford him.
Saw that Indiana and Mizzou were the leaders for him.
U.P. Zona Fan

Post by U.P. Zona Fan »

Please no!
Arizona State might have the most surprisingly anemic history in men's basketball of any program that you might think is better than it is.
-Norlander.
IndianaZonaFan

Post by IndianaZonaFan »

I’m assuming it’s either Dunn or Zarzuela. Only 2 guards I’ve seen is mentioned with. Either way it’s bench role. I hope whichever it is can hit spot up 3’s and create a decent look when either Boswell or Bradley are on the bench
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

So what's the call going to be this Saturday with Keshad Johnson?

Are we where we want to be or is it Kentucky?
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

EastCoastCat wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 5:02 am So what's the call going to be this Saturday with Keshad Johnson?

Going head to head with UK over a recruit is never where we want to be.
IndianaZonaFan

Post by IndianaZonaFan »

I’m seeing a lot of Kentucky on Twitter (not a great source of truth), so I’m crossing my fingers for Kaluma. I think he would thrive in Tommy’s offense over Keshad anyway.
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

Beachcat97 wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 5:47 am
EastCoastCat wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 5:02 am So what's the call going to be this Saturday with Keshad Johnson?

Going head to head with UK over a recruit is never where we want to be.
Yeah I get that but with Kentucky's roster for next year still being an unknown and volatile - lot's of transfers, several players entered the draft but could come back, a heralded recruiting class - I'm hoping he looks at Arizona as being a "right fit" decision.

Unless the money is too good at UK of course...
Dave

Post by Dave »

Is Johnson a perfect fit to team up with Ballo? My answer would be no. Maybe I am missing something. He can’t hit a perimeter shot and is a liability at the free throw line.
RondaeShimmy

Post by RondaeShimmy »

Dave wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 7:06 am Is Johnson a perfect fit to team up with Ballo? My answer would be no. Maybe I am missing something. He can’t hit a perimeter shot and is a liability at the free throw line.
So just like Azuolas Tubelis