That’s awesome!!
azgreg

Re: Venting Thread

Post by azgreg »

House hunting sucks.
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

I need inguinal hernia surgery. I had it on my right side in the mid 90s, so I know the signs. Left side this time. Oh joy. Time to find a vascular surgeon.
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

dovecanyoncat wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2024 10:48 am I need inguinal hernia surgery. I had it on my right side in the mid 90s, so I know the signs. Left side this time. Oh joy. Time to find a vascular surgeon.
I had it done (both sides) maybe 8 years ago. They did it laparoscopicly... not too long of a recovery... frozen peas are your friend!
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

Alieberman wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2024 11:40 am
dovecanyoncat wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2024 10:48 am I need inguinal hernia surgery. I had it on my right side in the mid 90s, so I know the signs. Left side this time. Oh joy. Time to find a vascular surgeon.
I had it done (both sides) maybe 8 years ago. They did it laparoscopicly... not too long of a recovery... frozen peas are your friend!
That might turn out to be an option this time. My previous surgeon said "the best way to repair hernia is the old fashioned way" (non-laparoscopically), meaning less failures and less re-dos. Since then I've talked to numerous guys who've had failures and re-dos who wished they'd have gone to the longer, more painful procedure/recovery. But the fact that the younger you are the worse the recovery is, and now that I'm looking at 67 this year rather than 35, I have some questions to ask.
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law
Carcassdragger

Post by Carcassdragger »

dovecanyoncat wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2024 11:58 am
Alieberman wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2024 11:40 am
That might turn out to be an option this time. My previous surgeon said "the best way to repair hernia is the old fashioned way" (non-laparoscopically), meaning less failures and less re-dos. Since then I've talked to numerous guys who've had failures and re-dos who wished they'd have gone to the longer, more painful procedure/recovery. But the fact that the younger you are the worse the recovery is, and now that I'm looking at 67 this year rather than 35, I have some questions to ask.
Get er done Dove. Best of luck on this and wishing you a full recovery.
2020 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2018 BEARDOWN WILDCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
2017 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2013 GOAZCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion